Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians (23096 Views)

Tinubu Lacks Capacity To Appreciate Facts - Obi / Privatisation: FG Lacks Funds For Ports, Railway, Others - Atiku / 2023: APC Lacks Capacity To Win Elections In Rivers – Senator Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by zikter(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Why are majority of Nigerians pessimistic like these?

No good comment from them for once!

They won't even take time to read/digest a post before commenting.
most of them lost the capacity to comprehend a simple information, let alone analyze it. The government is struggling with the corona pandemic internally with limited facilities and resources. Even if you have the money for building facilities, it can never be done under two weeks as in developed countries. Additionally, the government is bringing them back in batches, so what is the fuse about. We all read how Americans were stranded at the Lagos airport, but most Nigerians think this things are done with a wand of magic.

1 Like

Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
nrexzy:

Thanks man that would have been nice... Buh enjoy ur food & just maybe just maybe u might eat some sense....

you are very wellcomed grin

I am not the one who said he is hungry remember? cheesy
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Simplyleo: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Ilochukwuka:

God bless you immensely brother, with people like you who reasons with their head and not their mouth Nigeria will be great in no distant time.
Amen sir.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Agberooo: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Amen sir.
[/s]
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by hahn(m): 9:12am On Apr 15, 2020
post=88458327:
North East West or South..... No place like home.

Why don't you say yours if you have anything reasonable to say or simply shut up?

You call Nigeria a zoo on a daily basis and we won't be suprise to know that for all of you that refer to Nigeria as a zoo, your uncles , aunties and relatives are among these 2000 people that ran back to the same zoo!
Only animals live in zoo we presume! tongue tongue tongue

Lol. How many of you at the office had to brainstorm to come up with such a nonsense write up?
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by nrexzy: 9:12am On Apr 15, 2020
gypsey:
you are very wellcomed grin

I am not the one who said he is hungry remember? cheesy

No vex but there is a difference between being hungry and haven't eaten... U dig!!!
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by hisexcellency34: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2020
Trash. The likes of Dangote should demand how their funds are spent
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by upower123(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2020
chuksbaby:
This Country Sha.

It is well

My Tutorial is Today. Watch out my followers
ready..please are you on facebook
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by MrSquint: 9:19am On Apr 15, 2020
Can they ever have capacity for anything reasonable ?

No!
Never!

They can't disappoint
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Ade3131: 9:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Very sensational headline to get some crackpots start masturbating with Buhari name once again.

Headline:
Actual message:

Call it whatever you like, it doesn't take away one underlying fact. This government is useless. If they can't cater for 5,000 or 10,000 people (not even the 2000), what then is the fate of over 200 million Nigerians. If you can't manage a business with 1Million, how do you manage a business worth 1Billion? Did Jonathan showed this level of ineptitude before we all called him names? Just imagine if all of this is coming from Jonathan. Let's call it what it is. Our continuous existence and survival is in God's hands ONLY.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by emmanuelibeh111(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2020
What time pls?
chuksbaby:
This Country Sha.

It is well

My Tutorial is Today. Watch out my followers
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Reference(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2020
That is what a proper government does. It assesses its capacity and in admission of its limitations formulates strategies around its capabilities. No point in promising what it cannot deliver and in the process lying to its citizens. Just waiting for the next admission, that it cannot lockdown Nigeria.

Like I was saying to someone this morning the end game of this pandemic in Nigeria is simple. The government will end up lifting restrictions after the whole economy is severely damaged. The number of cases will still be escalating by then but there will be scant resources to contain it. So we lose the economy and lose the pandemic battle as well.

Nigerians must begin to prepare themselves mentally for this pandemic. We are still living in denial, that there will not be mass casualties and also that we have the capacity to put a lid on this situation. I have not seen anything from the government or the citizens to suggest otherwise.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by wowo2: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Outside of paying salaries, there is absolutely no need of the government and its bodies as they can only take care of the following:
President and his family
VP and his family
All their advisers and families
Ministers and their families
Governors, deputies, commissioners, their advisers and families
Legislature members and their families
All political office holders and their families

Pls add others that matter that I have omitted.

1 Like

Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by vastolord4(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2020
ihollarmide:
This is so disturbing. I keep asking myself if it's a curse to be a citizen of this country? How can you say that? What happened to the billions that were donated?

If you can't cater for 2000 people, what then can you do?

They should be ashamed of saying that.

There was a country

Bro! You just aired my thoughts.. is just soo senseless and stupid of them to say this. I'm really tired on calling on God to intervene on our case

1 Like

Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 15, 2020
nrexzy:

No vex but there is a difference between being hungry and haven't eaten... U dig!!!
aaaa!! i see! okay, shocked

Go and eat then!!
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Advancedman(m): 9:48am On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by ope532: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2020
We know the air carriers name .
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by hisexcellency34: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Air Peace things
ope532:
We know the air carriers name .
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by teepain: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2020
jaxxy:
Can't N2 billion build a 2000 capacity isololation centre? Temporary not even permanent ones.

Thats a small fraction of the monies u were given to handle the coronavirus situation by just private donors alone.

That amount you mentioned should build a tidy 2000 capacity isolation centre.

However, how soon would such a facility be ready for use?

I guess, that is why the foreign minister said they would have to bring in the returnees in batches.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by blowjohn(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2020
SouthNigerian:
Irresponsible bunch of old thieves.

This achaic shameless leaders still can't see what is coming. Their eyes go soon open.

Nothing go happen. Na today? Election time the youths will still go about collecting money to vote for candidates
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2020
jumich1:
I wonder why anyone would be thinking of returning to Nigeria at this moment of confusion

The winter has weaponised the virus in the temperate regions. Knowing that the spread is slower over here, which Nigerian would choose to remain abroad? The average African is at the back of the queue in the white man's land in terms of expeditious access to healthcare.
These students and other prospective returnees are the sacred cows, rich kids, etc back home.
It's an eye- opening reversal, indeed.
grin
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Lovelive: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2020
Onyeama you are silly, yes that is who you are.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by nrexzy: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2020
gypsey:
aaaa!! i see! okay, shocked

Go and eat then!!

Yes oo
After morning work-out d chef go fix bf
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by bighorlus(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2020
What exactly does the fg have resources and capacity to do?
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by smogup: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2020
post=88458327:
North East West or South..... No place like home.

Why don't you say yours if you have anything reasonable to say or simply shut up?

You call Nigeria a zoo on a daily basis and we won't be suprise to know that for all of you that refer to Nigeria as a zoo,
your uncles , aunties and relatives are among those 2000 people that ran back to the same zoo!
Only animals live in zoo we presume!
Oshisko!
tongue tongue tongue

But FG can cater for over 2000 captured bokoharam terrorists and was even planning to send abroad on scholarships.

What is buhari really good at?
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by Josephobaz1985: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2020
SammyChi1988:
Nigerian leaders is a big disgraced... You mean you don't have enough space to keep 2000 returnees..? What a shame. The best thing is to split Nigeria.. This old fools has really distroyed this country.
does the returnees include Igbo people? Because they can not . Nigeria is a zoo I guess
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by sammywhity: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2020
It will be good to allow them to return home.
But every due delegence must be taken, quarantine and test them.
To avoid bringing home the virus to infect people at home.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by davillian(m): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2020
ihollarmide:
This is so disturbing. I keep asking myself if it's a curse to be a citizen of this country? How can you say that? What happened to the billions that were donated?

If you can't cater for 2000 people, what then can you do?

They should be ashamed of saying that.

There was a country
Pmb just cashed out 50million euro from EU....
The money will take the usual route that's if they have not finished sharing it

1 Like

Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by davillian(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2020
I don't have much to say but the person that said this is a cow....
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by EmmanuelBanks: 11:29am On Apr 15, 2020
omoadeleye:
I don't know why FG wanted them to be home, Nigerians in diaspora are always happy that they made good choice leaving Nigeria and for good... Now that there's chaos in their host country they want to return. If everything die down again... They will still curse Nigeria and move back to abroad. Confused citizens.

FG should tell them that aircrafts are not working at the moment. They should wait and keep strong in abroad.
Before they return to Nigeria and start spreading their virus again.
Majority of them knew that they already have the virus yet they will still want to come to Nigeria and be spreading it to us at home.
They're just fvcking unpatriotic. FG should please forget them there and let's solve our internal problems first.

I agree with you Sir, the reason India, America and other European Countries evacuated some of their citizens some times ago was because as at then Nigeria had a very few cases confirmed even up till now we still have few cases. But fed govt now making arrangements to bring back over 2000 Nigerians home from the worst hit countries is something that is really unexplainable and absurd, why would the govt even think of that for God sake. like you said above, many of them re fully aware they have the virus..maybe most of them re denied bed space as a result of the congestion in the hospital. well Las Las we go deyy alright God help us.
Re: Onyeama: FG Lacks Capacity, Resources To Cater For Over 2000 Returning Nigerians by chiefconerstone: 11:50am On Apr 15, 2020
He is been truthful and frank. it takes lot to bring even one person to Nigeria at this trying moment. We don't have the resources to cater for all 2000 people at once. what if we have a wave of infection and all the iso centres are occupied by these fellows. For those who can afford to stay abroad, staying put will be more beneficial. It is a big risk to run into an unprepared. less equip and poorly funded health system at such a time like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Factions In Labor Party Leadership Threaten Presidential Ambition / 2023 Presidency: Decision Will Be Made Known Soon, Says Wike / Air Strikes Neutralized Notorious Kidnapper, Janari, In Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.