Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

(Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG (3900 Views)

Bandits Kill 19 People In Kutemeshi, Kaduna State (photos) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by GreyLaw(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

Don't need verification from here, have already checked and no, none of my people have received anything from the govt.
And they are legal migrants.

It is starting today.
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Afolabimills(m): 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

Starting today,
Each individual gets $1,200, Each couple gets $2,400
And there is added $500 for each child in the family.
So a family of two parents and two kids receives $3,400.

Exceptions are the families where combined income of the parents is over $198,000 for joint tax filers. Individuals with that make over $99,000 are also exempted. Head of households who are the only breadwinners (I.e with a dependent spouse) making over $136,000 are exempted. There are a few more conditions but it benefits a good number of the population.

This is only a one time payment from what I understand so people aren’t that excited about it anyway especially those who are out of jobs because their companies are closed or their services aren’t considered essential at this time. It might help them out for two weeks but that’s it.
dear sis so sorry about what's happening in America right now we in Nigeria is now terrible because d hunger is real am a family man I lost my wife 2018 after giving us a boy now due to this lockdown n extension again I don't have any money on me nobody wants to help because d hunger is everywhere pls sister help me if u can Gt bank plc a/c 0024085482
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by todaynewsreview: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is a good step.
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Well there’s been talk about it for too long and folks weren’t seeing the money drop so they kinda lost hope it will go through .

And no sensible person has faith in Trump so I bet they will doubt it until that money is in their hands.
sassysure:

Thank u kiss

Where is my friend grin

U guys can lie for Africa cheesy
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreyLaw:

This is true.
yep
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Babzrockman: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

Why are u asking me?
I thought u said everybody is paid?

These cannot be answer to my question.
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Babzrockman: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

Starting today,
Each individual gets $1,200, Each couple gets $2,400
And there is added $500 for each child in the family.
So a family of two parents and two kids receives $3,400.

Exceptions are the families where combined income of the parents is over $198,000 for joint tax filers. Individuals with that make over $99,000 are also exempted. Head of households who are the only breadwinners (I.e with a dependent spouse) making over $136,000 are exempted. There are a few more conditions but it benefits a good number of the population.

This is only a one time payment from what I understand so people aren’t that excited about it anyway especially those who are out of jobs because their companies are closed or their services aren’t considered essential at this time. It might help them out for two weeks but that’s it.

Thank you sis. Sassy how far
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Hathor5(f): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:
So anyone who has 5000 Naira is exempted?
What’s kind of evil government is this?
What does 5k purchase in today’s market in Nigeria?
Can someone tell me please? Is it enough to cook for a whole family ? Maybe I’m wrong

The government they voted in. The same people who will scream on NL how leftist policies are to be condemned because they care more about homosexuality (people's private lives) than a (welfare/social security) system that ensures that people in need survive when times get hard and at the same time retain some dignity.

3 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hathor5:

The government they voted in. The same people who will scream on NL how leftist policies are to be condemned because they care more about homosexuality (people's private lives) than a (welfare/social security) system that ensures that people in need survive when times get hard and at the same time retain some dignity.

I agree with you but a lot of it is a result of mental slavery due to religion and archaic traditions. It’s hard to shake . They are victims.

5 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
GreyLaw:

It is starting today.
So I heard but there is comma grin
I will migrate to US once it involves everybody
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Babzrockman:

Thank you sis. Sassy how far
U were wrong na.
U said all but there is a clause so u, my man should be the one apologizing cheesy

Don't feel like a superman yet tongue cheesy
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:
Well there’s been talk about it for too long and folks weren’t seeing the money drop so they kinda lost hope it will go through .

And no sensible person has faith in Trump so I bet they will doubt it until that money is in their hands.

How una dey over there, abeg this one is more important.

Do u know that schools are open here for kids who rely on free school feeding programmes?
There is provision for some parents who are in clause.
If u are working, u can send your kids to school.

I officially stopped work yesterday.
I'm already tired cheesy
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

How una dey over there, abeg this one is more important.

Do u know that schools are open here for kids who rely on free school feeding programmes?
There is provision for some parents who are in clause.
If u are working, u can send your kids to school.

I officially stopped work yesterday.
I'm already tired cheesy

We are fine. thanks a lot. My county is not as terrible as the neighboring counties. But the numbers are climbing still.

Here they are using meal distribution system for those kids in need.
They also have care centers for kids of essential workers but I don’t use it. Me and DH just alternate the care. Can’t risk it please.
My work is already enough risk to them.

2 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 1:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Afolabimills:
dear sis so sorry about what's happening in America right now we in Nigeria is now terrible because d hunger is real am a family man I lost my wife 2018 after giving us a boy now due to this lockdown n extension again I don't have any money on me nobody wants to help because d hunger is everywhere pls sister help me if u can Gt bank plc a/c 0024085482

Email me with a valid identification. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Afolabimills(m): 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

thank u so much sis for ur response I feel so relieved that someone sent me a message of hope abiodunpaul762@gmail.com is my Gmail thank u

1 Like

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

We are fine. thanks a lot. My county is not as terrible as the neighboring counties. But the numbers are climbing still.

Here they are using meal distribution system for those kids in need.
They also have care centers for kids of essential workers but I don’t use it. Me and DH just alternate the care. Can’t risk it please.
My work is already enough risk to them.
kiss

1 Like

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Drinksarena: 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Babzrockman:
USA govt shared money to every citizen. Only here wuna dey use nonsense tactics
not only citizen self, if you hv work permit and file tax u get it
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Ilola(f): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Which kind wahala be did I no get up to 5k for account but my friend load #500 for my phonr
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by crackhouse(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hmm. Those that meet with such conditions sure don't have bank accounts. So it's safe to say they don't want to share anything. Thieves
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Mekenz(m): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
I think they are not serious with the sharing of the money, because if they are, they will know that 5k is no longer money in today's Nigeria, can 5k sustain a family for 3days? talk less of 14days lockdown.

share the money to both the rich and the poor, let everyone benefit, by so doing some persons that doesn't need the money can as well donate his or her own to the less privileged.....

2 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by IamgratefulLord(f): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:
So anyone who has 5000 Naira is exempted?
What’s kind of evil government is this?
What does 5k purchase in today’s market in Nigeria?
Can someone tell me please? Is it enough to cook for a whole family ? Maybe I’m wrong
My dear, 5k this time can't really do much. A lady sent me 5k yesterday after pleading with her to help me. I just started a school and 90% of the parents haven't paid me a dime. I just came back from the market in kuje, Abuja.
Guess what I bought with the 5k??
Tomatoes and peppers- 500
Onions- 500 ( small dustbin basket) it's economical for me!!!
Yam- 1500 ( 5 tiny tubers)
Ogbono- 200 ( half cup)
Cray fish- 100
Ugu- 50
Okro- 50
Meat- 1500 ( for stew and soup for the week)
Pure water- 3 bags( 390). 130 for a bag.
Money don finish!!! angry
Transport fare- 200 ( to and fro)
Thank God I even got the 5k from the lady. It's not easy!!
At least I would have stew and soup to eat till Saturday!! angry
smiley smiley
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mmm. Okay not terrible.

They can do better anyway. Especially for a country of Nigeria’s caliber. We’ve just learned to accept poor performance. Not saying that there’s anything you personally can do about it. It’s just a sad situation.
IamgratefulLord:

My dear, 5k this time can't really do much. A lady sent me 5k yesterday after pleading with her to help me. I just started a school and 90% of the parents haven't paid me a dime. I just came back from the market in kuje, Abuja.
Guess what I bought with the 5k??
Tomatoes and peppers- 500
Onions- 500 ( small dustbin basket) it's economical for me!!!
Yam- 1500 ( 5 tiny tubers)
Ogbono- 200 ( half cup)
Cray fish- 100
Ugu- 50
Okro- 50
Meat- 1500 ( for stew and soup for the week)
Pure water- 3 bags( 390). 130 for a bag.
Money don finish!!! angry
Transport fare- 200 ( to and fro)
Thank God I even got the 5k from the lady. It's not easy!!
At least I would have stew and soup to eat till Saturday!! angry
smiley smiley

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by movingclouds(m): 3:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

Awww Coco, you're such a kind Candy

1 Like

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by jericco1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
cheesy .. make Una keep Una 5k abeg undecided
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Exploits57: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
But them our politicians that have already embezzled millions will take part in the palliatives
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Babzrockman: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

U were wrong na.
U said all but there is a clause so u, my man should be the one apologizing cheesy

Don't feel like a superman yet tongue cheesy

Apologies grin Am expecting mine too
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Kriss216: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:
Mmm. Okay not terrible.

They can do better anyway. Especially for a country of Nigeria’s caliber. We’ve just learned to accept poor performance. Not saying that there’s anything you personally can do about it. It’s just a sad situation.
Please ma’am, let your blessings not pass me by. Thanks
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by cococandy(f): 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
movingclouds:

Awww Coco, you're such a kind Candy
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by movingclouds(m): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
cococandy:

Thanks
Nope, thank you. I can't imagine how happy he'll be right now
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Babzrockman:

Apologies grin Am expecting mine too
Ok cheesy
Sorry, u hear cheesy
Re: (Breaking) Covid-19: People With Over N5, 000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives ― FG by Drizzy5001(m): 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2020
So assuming say una see 60k for pesin account u go conclude say na rich man abi? U no know wether na his house rent or the skul fees for his kids... This una excuse no follow o, share the money to both the rich and the poor let everybody benefit.
If u get excess dash pesin wey no get .. simple!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Fraud: Aisha Reacts To Abba Kyari’s Suspension / EFCC Closes Case Against Oronsaye Stephen After Calling 21 Witnesses / 2023: Tinubu Mocks Amaechi’s Show Of Fitness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.