Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! (843 Views)

The Asiwaju Of Corruption Has Been Exposed / Happy Birthday To Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!(the Jagaban Borgu). / Make Tinubu The Asiwaju Of Yorubaland – Group To Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by enyojo(f): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
[b]OPEN LETTER TO ASIWAJU OF YORUBA-LAND: A MUST-READ!
Compliments of the Season to you Sir and Happy New year,
I am a normal, common Kogi State indigene who resides and vote in Lagos. I have watched with keen interest for some years now how the politics of Lagos has played out. I actually began to respect you as a Governor then when you fought the tyranny of President Obasanjo to a standstill. Prior to this time, I was in the school of thought that believed that Late Funsho William legitimately floored you in your first governorship contest with him. Although you were a better politician than him, he was a better person than you. This in my view then was hinged on the fact that while he was determined to ride Lagos state of Thuggery and ‘Ogberoism’ to make Lagos the safest spot in Nigeria, you on the other side identified with Thugs and “Agberos” and at a point you said you were one. These unscrupulous boys made you Governor. This was my view then but like I said, I had to change my views when I saw your great contributions to the state. Any frank person will know that you have transcended from the Asiwaju of Lagos into the Asiwaju of Yoruba-land in the light of the take-over of your ‘boys’ of the south-west states.
The main kernel of this letter is about the recent happenings in the south-west come Nigeria.
IKORODU BY-ELECTION
The state of Lagos witnessed a protest vote for a PDP candidate in the recent State Assembly by-election at Ikorodu. Your party raised an alarm that it was rigged but everyone in Lagos will disagree with ACN on that point. The truth is that your party won in Lagos in 2007 simply because Lagosians gave a protest vote against the PDP. The reasons were that Obasanjo terrorized Lagos, “reduced” their population, withheld their LG pay, unidentified people killed Funsho William, the denied his Widow their ticket after winning primaries, finally they imposed a violent young man as their candidate. In response to all these evils, Lagosians voted en mass against the PDP. Despite the fact that Jimi Agbaje was upper most on their minds, your man Fashola won. To the surprise of the entire world, this unassuming Fashola transformed Lagos within a short period. Reports even have it that more roads where built in Lagos in the past 3 years than in the whole of Ghana for that same period! I am from Kogi and have longed for my Governor to undertake a 6-month Industrial Attachment under Fashola. No-one can contest the fact that the achievements of Fashola contributed to the fame that ACN has enjoyed so far than any other thing. But to the dismay of everyone, there are clear signs that you as a person Sir are against the return of Fashola to complete most of his projects. We know that it was your help that he emerged at first, however, it was other people who made you emerge at your own first time. I make bold to say that despite the fact that fashola’s men could not win a single seat at the last congresses, it will be very FATAL if your party fails to allow free and fair process which everyone know will throw up Fashola (on merit). If you twist the process and produce the Speaker or a Commissioner as it is gossiped, then ACN will witness a protest vote as it started at Ikorudu. 
BUHARI/TINUBU TICKET
There are wild and wide speculations that there has been a deadlock in your talks with CPC simply because your UNBENDABLE condition is that you Asiwaju must be his running mate. Now that the PDP is eating up itself from the centre to every state, the next best President that can win the heart of Nigerians must posses the following: (1). An anti-corruption fanatic (or lunatic we don’t care), (2) A very strong Security conscious person (3)   A person who is well grounded in Economics or has an Economic expert as Vice-president.
Buhari (on his own) has like 30-50% of these parameters. If he makes you Vee-Pee, the aggregate will drop to 25-35%. Ribadu has about 45-57% on his own merit. If either Buhari or Ribadu has a very Credible Running Mate who is well-grounded in economics (Nigeria is slipping into debts for God’s sake). At this state of our national growth, we don’t care where the pre and vp come from, Nigerians don’t care if Ribadu and Sanusi emerge (though a moslem/moslem, north/north ticket). But let it not be Buhari/Tinubu. The reason is simple: Buhari is already seen as an Islamic fanatic. A moslem/moslem ticket for Buhari in particular is fatal. Besides, People do not see you as a credible VP for this 2011 elections. They will rather stick to the Goodluck/Sambo than to risk a Buhari/Tinubu. Hopefully, if you continue your philanthropy of rice distribution with the same tenacity as Adedibu did, by 2015, you might become so powerful that you can field a Fashola as VP for another Candidate. If he doesn’t disappoint in his 2nd term(if allowed), then he might become President (if Igbos do not agree to step down for themselves as usual.

Wishing you a great Two Thousand and ELEVATION!

[/b]
Re: Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by jason123: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2011
First of all, the election at ikorodu was not a protest vote against ACN. ACN has never won ikorodu and I do not think it would win it anytime soon.
Secondly, the writer is right. People would not vote a Buhari/tinubu ticket when compared to a Buhari/ fashola, Buhari/Utomi or Buhari/ Donald duke ticket. I really think Tinubu should wait while a more credible VP is chosen in his place.
Thridly, if anyone is think about "zoning" the presidency to any region, then he is a joker! Politics in Nigeria is all about a cabal appointing who would protect their respective interest and not on merit! Nigerians are sick and tired of these people.

A VOTE FOR ACN IS A VOTE FOR CHANGE!!! cool
Re: Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by aljharem(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
tinubu=shame
Re: Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by fatherab1: 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
Luckily, Tinubu has endorsed Fashola jst 2 days ago.
Re: Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by fatherab1: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2011
Your letter was timely
Re: Open Letter To Asiwaju Of Lagos: A Must-read! by illusion2: 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2011
enyojo:

[b]OPEN LETTER TO ASIWAJU OF YORUBA-LAND: A MUST-READ!
Compliments of the Season to you Sir and Happy New year,
I am a normal, common Kogi State indigene who resides and vote in Lagos. I have watched with keen interest for some years now how the politics of Lagos has played out. I actually began to respect you as a Governor then when you fought the tyranny of President Obasanjo to a standstill. Prior to this time, I was in the school of thought that believed that Late Funsho William legitimately floored you in your first governorship contest with him. Although you were a better politician than him, he was a better person than you. This in my view then was hinged on the fact that while he was determined to ride Lagos state of Thuggery and ‘Ogberoism’ to make Lagos the safest spot in Nigeria, you on the other side identified with Thugs and “Agberos” and at a point you said you were one. These unscrupulous boys made you Governor. This was my view then but like I said, I had to change my views when I saw your great contributions to the state. Any frank person will know that you have transcended from the Asiwaju of Lagos into the Asiwaju of Yoruba-land in the light of the take-over of your ‘boys’ of the south-west states.
The main kernel of this letter is about the recent happenings in the south-west come Nigeria.
IKORODU BY-ELECTION
The state of Lagos witnessed a protest vote for a PDP candidate in the recent State Assembly by-election at Ikorodu. Your party raised an alarm that it was rigged but everyone in Lagos will disagree with ACN on that point. The truth is that your party won in Lagos in 2007 simply because Lagosians gave a protest vote against the PDP. The reasons were that Obasanjo terrorized Lagos, “reduced” their population, withheld their LG pay, unidentified people killed Funsho William, the denied his Widow their ticket after winning primaries, finally they imposed a violent young man as their candidate. In response to all these evils, Lagosians voted en mass against the PDP. Despite the fact that Jimi Agbaje was upper most on their minds, your man Fashola won. To the surprise of the entire world, this unassuming Fashola transformed Lagos within a short period. Reports even have it that more roads where built in Lagos in the past 3 years than in the whole of Ghana for that same period! I am from Kogi and have longed for my Governor to undertake a 6-month Industrial Attachment under Fashola. No-one can contest the fact that the achievements of Fashola contributed to the fame that ACN has enjoyed so far than any other thing. But to the dismay of everyone, there are clear signs that you as a person Sir are against the return of Fashola to complete most of his projects. We know that it was your help that he emerged at first, however, it was other people who made you emerge at your own first time. I make bold to say that despite the fact that fashola’s men could not win a single seat at the last congresses, it will be very FATAL if your party fails to allow free and fair process which everyone know will throw up Fashola (on merit). If you twist the process and produce the Speaker or a Commissioner as it is gossiped, then ACN will witness a protest vote as it started at Ikorudu.
BUHARI/TINUBU TICKET
There are wild and wide speculations that there has been a deadlock in your talks with CPC simply because your UNBENDABLE condition is that you Asiwaju must be his running mate. Now that the PDP is eating up itself from the centre to every state, the next best President that can win the heart of Nigerians must posses the following: (1). An anti-corruption fanatic (or lunatic we don’t care), (2) A very strong Security conscious person (3) A person who is well grounded in Economics or has an Economic expert as Vice-president.
Buhari (on his own) has like 30-50% of these parameters. If he makes you Vee-Pee, the aggregate will drop to 25-35%. Ribadu has about 45-57% on his own merit. If either Buhari or Ribadu has a very Credible Running Mate who is well-grounded in economics (Nigeria is slipping into debts for God’s sake). At this state of our national growth, we don’t care where the pre and vp come from, Nigerians don’t care if Ribadu and Sanusi emerge (though a moslem/moslem, north/north ticket). But let it not be Buhari/Tinubu. The reason is simple: Buhari is already seen as an Islamic fanatic. A moslem/moslem ticket for Buhari in particular is fatal. Besides, People do not see you as a credible VP for this 2011 elections. They will rather stick to the Goodluck/Sambo than to risk a Buhari/Tinubu. Hopefully, if you continue your philanthropy of rice distribution with the same tenacity as Adedibu did, by 2015, you might become so powerful that you can field a Fashola as VP for another Candidate. If he doesn’t disappoint in his 2nd term(if allowed), then he might become President (if Igbos do not agree to step down for themselves as usual.
Wishing you a great Two Thousand and ELEVATION!

[/b]
Lol cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Rejected Pact With Ciroma, Others / Election 2011: My Candidate, My Reason / Army Arraigns General Over Boko Haram Suspects’ Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.