Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor (906 Views)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi / Presidential Poll: Why Pollsters Got Outcome Wrong / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by supercase1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please let's be realistic,no tribal war I have a question
Despite nearly all key Nigerian leaders from the north why have they remained the most unprogressive region in Nigeria opinions are welcomed!
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Tianamen1: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
supercase1:
Despite nearly all key Nigerian leaders from the north why have they remained the most unprogressive region in Nigeria opinions are welcomed!

The whole country is poor because Nigerians have a backward culture. We focus on our little differences instead of working hard and rewarding merit. We want to have what we having earned and we feel more important than we are( low self esteem). Good luck with your life. Stay safe. Covid 19 is real

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by ewigmee: 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
The reason is that their politicians
..give them fish instead of teaching them how to fish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by budaatum: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
They've remained poor because of lack of education.

The poor are doped with a religion most can't read the book of and understand, or approach God directly, as some say, so can't use the knowledge therein to emancipate themselves from those who can read the book and use its knowledge to oppress them. It's similar to what was done in medieval Europe when the book was kept in a language the poor couldn't read so the rich could get richer.

Some would claim its happening all over the world, that some are kept poor so some can get wealthier. Kind of like slave trading actually. Some locals had to capture the slaves and sell them. It's also tithe related. Why give money to a wealthy mog when one can put Logos in one's life by buying a book and enriching oneself?

The solution of course is education. But 'they' know this, hence, boko haram, and inadequate funding of the education system, and making you believe that "On the day thou eat thou shalt die", despite all evidence showing "You did certainly not die,” but your eyes opened, and you at least now "know good and evil.”

It's changing though. Those poor will run down South where we can send their asses to school or allow them to terrorise, because, as we say in my backyard, ti ara ile ẹni ba njẹ kokoro buruku ti a ko ba kilọ fun, kurukẹrẹ rẹ ko ni jẹ ki a sun loru. (If your neighbour is eating bad insects, you should caution them, or your sleep will be disturbed at night).

6 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by budaatum: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
ewigmee:
The reason is that their politicians
..give them fish instead of teaching them how to fish.
Why can't I just be concise like you!

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Trex4(m): 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
budaatum:
They've remained poor because of lack of education.

The poor are doped with a religion most can't read the book of and understand, or approach God directly, as some say, so can't use the knowledge therein to emancipate themselves from those who can read the book and use its knowledge to oppress them. It's similar to what was done in medieval Europe when the book was kept in a language the poor couldn't read so the rich could get richer.

Some would claim its happening all over the world, that some are kept poor so some can get wealthier. Kind of like slave trading actually. Some locals had to capture the slaves and sell them. It's also tithe related. Why give money to a wealthy mog when one can put Logos in one's life by buying a book and enriching oneself?

The solution of course is education. But 'they' know this, hence, boko haram, and inadequate funding of the education system, and making you believe that "On the day thou eat thou shalt die", despite all evidence showing "You did certainly not die,” but your eyes opened, and you at least now "know good and evil.”

It's changing though. Those poor will run down South where we can send their asses to school or allow them to terrorise, because, as we say in my backyard, ti ara ile ẹni ba njẹ kokoro buruku ti a ko ba kilọ fun, kurukẹrẹ rẹ ko ni jẹ ki a sun loru. (If your neighbour is eating bad insects, you should caution them, or your sleep will be disturbed at night).
nice analysis but I don't believe your book link claim. Which book are you talking about? The Bible? Education was widely supported in the medieval times both writing and reading. There were theological guilds abundant during that time that produced scholars like shakespear. How do we then get our medieval tapestry to depict the events that happened that time like the hundred years war and the crusades? Even outside medieval Europe Arabic scholars were known to employ similar writings to our modern day news which Genghis khan manipulated during his Mongol conquest. Again nice analysis but flawed in that point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
Because of lack of education for majorly the girl child..

She controls the population, if you train her properly, she would think properly.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by TooMuchStuff: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
Islam

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by 10billionDollar: 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
grin grin
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by 10billionDollar: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Most notherners are relig!ous fanatics, they never get to speak up against their corrupt leaders because they often misconstrue relig!ous fanatics as good leadership. Hence their leaders do have a feed day looting their treasury. Just give them akara & akamu every morning they quite OK. They hardly checkmate their leaders

5 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by ChimaAdeoye: 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fulani women are like dogs on heat.
Even the women in purdah don't wear pants and keep phucking anyhow without a condom.
Without control of rampant unsafe sex in livestock and food markets, northern society is doomed with too many production of almajiris.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by OpinionPoll: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
supercase1:
You may provide possible options for people to vote. If two options, use share and likes. If more than two. Options, use opinionpoll for free. Check signature for link.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by budaatum: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
Trex4:
nice analysis but I don't believe your book link claim. Which book are you talking about? The Bible? Education was widely supported in the medieval times both writing and reading. There were theological guilds abundant during that time that produced scholars like shakespear. How do we then get our medieval tapestry to depict the events that happened that time like the hundred years war and the crusades? Even outside medieval Europe Arabic scholars were known to employ similar writings to our modern day news which Genghis khan manipulated during his Mongol conquest. Again nice analysis but flawed in that point.
I posted at least one link that showed suppression of (mass) education by keeping the book (yes, Bible) in a language the masses could not read. That is not to say there was no education or the books are ignorant, just that the majority were kept ignorant like most are in the North today

The Garden of Eden story is a warning about knowledge suppression, though it's not seen that way since we rather believe than understand what we read for ourselves. True, it is written "dont eat", but if satan can enter Eden and muddle things up, it sure can enter the book we read and muddle how we see it, I say. We all see that the eating of the Fruits of Knowledge of Good and Evil (books) are what make ones the Choosen of God. It is how one accepts Jesus Christ the Logos into one's life. They wrote he said "believe", but most know that unless one reads and understands, one would be like a camel trying to get through a needles eye.

P.s. Do not ever believe a word I write please or you'd just be trembling like you know who. Seek your own understanding instead.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by IGBOSON1: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
Whether by omission or commission, it’s self-inflicted! They’re too ‘smart’ for their own good!

1 Like

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by DATACUG: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by plaetton: 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Trex4:

I agree to some extent.
The North's problem is not about lack of education. That is too simplistic.
After all, the North Has produced a lot educated elites/leaders since the colonial era.

The North's problem is the Northern Elites, dominated by the Fulanis. They are the most parasitic class in the world. They leach on their people and on Nigeria. They behave like Arab potentates. They love absolute power and they loathe equality and egalitarianism . They deliberately keep their people uneducated and dependent on handouts, because they themselves depend on and feed fat on federal largesse .

5 Likes

Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Blue3k(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
It's bad economic and social polices. The bad social policies include underfunded education and insecurity. There's cultural issues like almajiris and no family planning. The economic issues that keep them hurt productivity like low access to credit and lack of skilled labor. Lastly they're not exploiting natural mineral resources and there's not much secondary production going on.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by gidgiddy: 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
supercase1:

They remained poor because they believe that political power is everything. They never knew that political power and economic power are two different things
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by lepasharon(f): 12:33am On Apr 17, 2020
Cos they want to live in their own bubble of delusion
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 17, 2020
It is a misconception that the North is poor when you check the GDP

Saying the North is poor is just a stereotype by people who have never left their region before. They conclude that because of the few northern they met, every other northerners is poor.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by SouthNigerian: 1:50am On Apr 17, 2020
supercase1:

@Bolded remains their obvious problem.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by ZKOSOSO(m): 1:59am On Apr 17, 2020
Their hands are full of Blood of innocent Southerners killed at any opportunity in the name of jihad, therefore are cursed by God in all things!!

Parasitism is inherently adore and code named CONQUEST of the South as propounded by Ahmadu Bello in 1960.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2020
supercase1:

Good morning baba,
Please, edit what you posted on my thread.
Thank you
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Blackfire(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2020
See them ipob miscreants and amotekin terrorist.. Analysing the north like they are expert or they love themselves, we see how you tear eachother apart on any matter.

Shege..

No vacancy in aso rock.
Buhari 2023.
North 2023.
SW take note
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by Kinematics: 9:29am On Apr 17, 2020
Their traditional way of life and other cultural beliefs is too archaic and outdated.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by supercase1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tayoalaaye75:

Good morning baba,
Please, edit what you posted on my thread.
Thank you
Okay!!!
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by ChimaAdeoye: 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
plaetton:

I agree to some extent.
The North's problem is not about lack of education. That is too simplistic.
After all, the North Has produced a lot educated elites/leaders since the colonial era.

The North's problem is the Northern Elites, dominated by the Fulanis. They are the most parasitic class in the world. They leach on their people and on Nigeria. They behave like Arab potentates. They love absolute power and they loathe equality and egalitarianism . They deliberately keep their people uneducated and dependent on handouts, because they themselves depend on and feed fat on federal largesse .

None of them like to speak the truth. it is up to them to keep lying to themselves.
Re: Opinion Poll:Why Had Northern Nigeria Remained Poor by nwoguorji(m): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Because Of iliteracy in the Norther Nigeria. Their religion denied them Western Education in the past, and today the find it dificult to move along with moving, it affected their entire life . when you are uneducated, you deny yourself basic ingrindiets of good living, you starve to death in the mist of plenty.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu Resigns From APC / Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers / INEC: APC May Not Have Candidate For Ondo Governorship Election. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.