Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. (3025 Views)

How To Know You Have Been Blocked On Whatsapp By A Fellow User / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? / Pls How Can I Send Data From One Mtn Number To Another Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by lordlugards: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2020
Pls My people help us on this issue.
I have a friend who doesn't used her regular MTN Number for whatsapp even though she's doing whatsapp with her other line.
But yesterday 16-4-2020. Someone used that her regular MTN number to send a message seeking for financial help from some of her contact, I was quick to noticed it wasn't her because I know she's doing well and never would she need any financial help from any body, not even when her husband is doing well.
I quickly called her attention to it, she called me back few minutes later to tell me that the criminal has been making contact with someone of her contacts, to the extend of booking a date with one her contact.

Pls help us on how to disconnect this criminal from the number.
Your sincere advise is needed. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by dawnomike(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2020
Simple... She should get whatsapp on another phone or download business whatsapp and register with the number. The whatsapp been used by the impersonator will be deactivated and she will hv control over.
Then on your part, for ahead and report the sender of the msg on your whatsapp. Check the image below

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by Nbote(m): 10:20am On Apr 17, 2020
dawnomike:
Simple... She should get whatsapp on another phone or download business whatsapp and register with the number. The whatsapp been used by the impersonator will be deactivated and she will hv control over.
Then on your part, for ahead and report the sender of the msg on your whatsapp

Jus delete and reinstall normal whatsapp.. If d person is techy, jus go to app under settings, go to d WhatsApp app and delete or wipe d app data.. Den go back and open WhatsApp app to restart d login all over again..
Next time tell d person to stop sending any reset code anyone asks dem to send...
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by risos(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2020
open the whatsapp app (the mtn number), tap on the three dots on the upper right corner of the screen, click on "WhatsApp Web" then sign out from all device. It might work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by lordlugards: 10:53am On Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for your advices
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by lordlugards: 10:54am On Apr 17, 2020
We are working on each of the advice above
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by OKOATA(m): 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Someone’s been trying to hack my WhatsApp everyday but I don’t know why, if you succeesfully get your WhatsApp back go to the settings on your WhatsApp and go to two way security code, click put security code, once you do that no one will be able to hack your WhatsApp again.
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
dawnomike:
Then on your part, for ahead and report the sender of the msg on your whatsapp. Check the image below
[/s]

Your grammar is worser than CORONA VIRUS grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by grimandevil: 3:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mine is Facebook, my friend gave out her Facebook reset password code to a scammer

Help please
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by dammieight(m): 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
grimandevil:
Mine is Facebook, my friend gave out her Facebook reset password code to a scammer

Help please

Got to facebook and click forgot password.. Enter your email or phone number that is related to the account in question.. Another reset password will be issued via phone number or email.. Else the Scammer also has those two. There's nothing your friend can do.
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

wole soyinka
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by BLACKPRIEST: 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
None of the suggestions up there will work because the scammer would've enabled the two step verification.

Inorder to disposses that scammer of the account, tell your friend to do this:

1. Go to MTN and ask that that line be suspended. She must go with an ID card.
2. Wait for seven. Meaning she won't be able to use that line for calls until after seven days.
3. On the eighth day, she should go back to the MTN office and request that the suspension be lifted.
4. The scammer will be logged out. But, to avoid a reoccurrence, your friend has to install WhatsApp messenger on her phone or any other device using that number and should enable the two step verification.

If you're sure that you or your friend isn't lying that she doesn't use that phone number on WhatsApp, then the culprit is someone close that has access to her phone. This is because a fraudster that is far in proximity can NEVER access her WhatsApp contacts if that line is not registered on WhatsApp, so your friend should not look far. She should look inwards.

Finally, the recommendation I've offered above is the only way she can dispose that thief of that account.

Stay blessed.
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 18, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

nothing like *worser* bros . its worse, worst
Re: Pls Help My Friend MTN Number Is Been Used For Whatsapp By Someone Else. by bigiyaro(m): 10:04am On Apr 18, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]

who grammar help?

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please Is Nokia 5.3 A Good Phone / Reason Why Nokia Has Refused To Make A Phone Using Andriod Software / Power Up All Android Apps With Simple Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.