Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer (44702 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Nigerian Pilgrim, Hasiya Aminu, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photo) / Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by oshozondii: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Chairman of a Muslim sect, Jama’atu Izalatil Bid’a Wa’iqamatis Sunnah (JIBWIS) in Zaria,Kaduna state, Sheikh Sani Yakubu, has sacked an Imam, Malam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu for complying with the Kaduna State Government order on congregational prayers.

As the Imam ratib,Abubakar was the recognize Imam who conducted five daily prayers at Sheik Abubakar Mahmood Gumi Juma’at Mosque, Kofar Gayan Low-cost, Zaria for almost 40 years.

Although the Kaduna state Government had banned gatherings involving more than 50 people in the state across due to COVID-19,the Chairman confirmed the Imam’s sack on Friday and directed that the Committee Chairman for 5 daily prayers of the Mosque, Alhaji Shehu Dan-Maikuli to speak.

According to Dan-Maikuli,there were disagreements between the dou even before the sack order.

“When Sheik Usman Baban-Tune was alive he had to come in and settle some issues between the sacked Imam and the Mosque committee.

“After the resolution, it was agreed that the Imam should be organising monthly committee meeting to discuss problems and prospects of the Mosque but after that resolution we spent over four years without single meeting.

“When this issue of coronavirus came, one day the Imam just stand up after leading Zuhur prayer and announced that as from today he suspend congregational prayers until the issue is over, by then I was not in the Mosque.

“When I came for Asr prayer only to be told that the Imam ordered for closure of the Mosque, I called him on phone to enquire and he said yes he had ordered that the Mosque be closed,” he said.

Dan-Maikuli said that the Imam neither consulted him being the Chairman of the Committee nor other members of the committee, saying that it was a personal decision of the Imam.

He said that they reported the case to the Chairman, JIBWIS, Zaria Local Government who promised to visit the Mosque on Thursday to personally remove the Imam.

“Incidentally, the Chairman came on Wednesday and led Isha (night) prayer and thereafter announced the sack of Malam Abubakar Aminu and replaced him with Malam Ahmad Tijjani as the new Imam,” he said.

On his part, the purported sacked Imam said he had been leading the five daily prayers at the Mosque for a very long period of time.

He said: “when this case of coronavirus pandemic surfaced in Nigeria, after a while, Kaduna State Government declared that henceforth Jaumat prayer is banned and any gathering above 50 people should be suspended.

“Our Mosque usually witness a very large crowd of worshippers, as such we have to comply with the directives given by Gov. Nasiru el-Rufa’i to avoid spread of the disease.

“In line with this, I stood up after leading a congregational prayer to tell people that in view of the order by the state government, I suspend congregational prayers in this Mosque until the ban is lifted,” he said.

According to him, two days later, he learnt that some people reported him to Sheik Sani Yakubu, who directed that congregational prayers should continue in the same Mosque.

Sarki-Aminu said: “My deputy Imam called me on phone that Sheik Sani Yakuba ordered that we should continue with the congregational prayers, that I should come out for Subhi (dawn) prayer.

“I replied him that, if the chairman wants me to continue with the congregational prayers, let him formally write to me so that I will be convinced that his order supersede that of government.

“I waited without anything to that effect, later I leant that the chairman came and lead a congregational Isha’i prayer and announce my removal and replaced me with Malam Ahmad Tijjani with two deputies who already are my deputies.”

On allegation that he did not consult the Mosque committee before the closure, Sarki-Aminu observed that whenever government gives directives “then who else will give a counter-directive?

“In an ideal situation, Imam is the leader of the Mosque, the committee did not enquire from me but they decided to go straight to Sheik Sani Yakubu and he used his power and reopened the Mosque and subsequently announced my removal.”

He said the allegation of laxity on his part in convening monthly committee meeting, it was an attempt to shift the attention of people on the current happening, adding that such issues were never in anyway relevant to present happening.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/covid-19-muslim-sect-sacks-zaria-imam-for-canceling-congregational-prayer/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by jarawa: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
Covid-19 is real! obey the laws of land

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by GOFRONT(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kutuma Boro ba

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Kylekent59: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Someone please tell them that their holy land is on lock-down.

311 Likes 20 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
They will thank him later when they start to hear WEHN

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by gloriaunobi(f): 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
It shall not be well with anyone who merged me and them together

235 Likes 22 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by SciLab: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
I think the Middlebelt and the South should start building a huge border to keep these northerners in their region. Covid-19 is spreading like wild fire in Kano which bordered by porous Kaduna yet they are more interested in gathering mosque, even when mosques in Mecca and medina have been shut down. Bloody extremis.

Southern states bordering northern states should shut down their borders before these almajiris kill us all with their ignorance and extremism.

159 Likes 21 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by DanArrewa: 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
SciLab:

Ndi alakoba are muslim extremists, the south should lock you guys in your states so your stupidity doesn't destroy us all.
it's already spreading in the south.... We are already closing our borders... Thank God we only have 4 affected northern states and others have responded by closing their borders...

Bigot... Go and call your powerful pastors who can make the blind see and the cripple to walk

Where are they?

Olugo na omume!!

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Daddysidhan: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
DanArrewa:
it's already spreading in the south.... We are already closing our borders... Thank we only have 4 affected northern states and others have responded by closing their borders...

So continue with your bigotry... Corona is at your door steep
oloriburuku ni boboyi sha, how stupid can you be? instead of you to condemn your brothers altitude you dunderhead is here showing pictures and mocking the south.even the Saudis are closing mosque yet you illiterate from the north are trying to overdo it here

212 Likes 21 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by LibertyRep: 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Never mind Imam.

When the pandemic is over, the state government that ordered the ban on the congregation will either reinstall the Imam or elevate him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Deepfeel(m): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
DanArrewa:
shut up!! You want to block your border when the virus has already scattered all over the south.... Extremist!! Always waiting for any negative news to attack Muslims

Is this not your pastor?

Those are pictures from south Africa , you almejiri illiterate

Free yours brothers first

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by DanArrewa: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
SciLab:

It can be contained in the south, because the people here are very much educated and progressive.
Your illiterate, conservative region brimming with weaponized poverty should be on locked out forever, before you spread it secondarily down here after we've contained it the primary phase.
when your already killing and robbing each other... Matching in thousands just to Robb communities?? Where is your education??

Even old women are now buying cutlass to protect themselves...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Deepfeel(m): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
DanArrewa:
shut up!! Where is this man from?

You know the pictures am talking about you illiterate

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Corrinthians(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
DanArrewa:
when your already killing and robbing each other... Matching in thousands just to Robb communities?? Where is your education??

Even old women are now buying cutlass to protect themselves...
I love your zeal and doggedness in putting these hateful species where they belong.

Keep it up.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by DanArrewa: 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
I love your zeal and doggedness in putting these hateful species where they belong.

Keep it up.
cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by DanArrewa: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:

Keep it up.
I see you brother in struggle! cool cool

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by Deepfeel(m): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
DanArrewa:
go and free mothers and sisters from your pastors first!!

Free your brothers from imams first

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer by SharryTaek(f): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife? / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Ruling On Bonus Offered By MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.