Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People (85035 Views)

IGP Begs For Vehicles In Abuja But They Are Wasting Away In Lagos (pics) / Udom: Fake Soldiers Arrested In Akwa Ibom Released On Orders From Above / Onnoghen Case: Supreme Court Speaks On Receiving Orders From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2020

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has said he would not receive orders from President Muhammadu Buhari regarding exempting oil companies from flying into his state.

Wike, lamenting about flights still entering Rivers, said the state government is ready to fight to protect its people rather than endanger lives by allowing oil companies and expatriates to enter the state.

He said he would only receive instructions when there is a dialogue with Buhari, adding that he is not one of the ‘Beggar governors’ who visit Abuja to beg for funds for their states.

According to him, Nigeria is not a military government but a federal state.

Speaking during a press briefing on Friday, Wike stressed that the state does not have N10bn to make isolation centres to treat Rivers people, hence they would fight against any plan to infect the state.

“Is this lockdown only for the poor? It’s unfortunate for someone to go against the lockdown rules of the government at this time.

“Akara sellers in Lagos trying to make daily income are chased out of the street and carried to court, but they said we should leave oil companies and allow them to operate and fly.

“As long as they do not enter my territory, I have no problem because we will fight, if we don’t fight, we cannot survive.

“I don’t take orders from Abuja but Rivers people. If they want to work with me they should come, I will not go and beg them. If they want war, we will fight, but I will make sure my people are protected from coronavirus.

“My people wouldn’t die. I’m not against the federal government, what are we fighting for, but I will do what is right if you want me to work with you, talk with me and don’t give me a directive.

“Nobody can use Rivers state as a toy, If you don’t like me, that will encourage me to like myself. Even my father has never given directive but calls me and has a dialogue for a way out, but you that is not my father will issue directive so you can kill Rivers people.

“I won you in 2015, I won you in 2019, have I not won, not one project in Rivers but you stay in Abuja and give me directives I will not agree. We are in a federal system, but governors have been reduced as beggars.

“We are not in a military government where you will sit down in your office and direct me. I’m not one of those governors that will come to Abuja to ask for help, so don’t issue me a directive when you were elected like me.

“As a governor, the right thing must be done so people must not die.

“Is there any oil company operating in America, it’s only here in Nigeria. I’m a boy to Rivers people, not anybody outside this state.

“The other time it was Caverton, now it’s ExxonMobil. The lockdown is not for the poor alone; it includes everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Xg5Nv6orA

“They are lucky Caverton apologized, the MD sent me an apology text that evening from America for us to release their pilots and comply with the rules.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/04/17/i-dont-take-orders-from-abuja-but-rivers-people-wike-tells-buhari/amp/

350 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Nwodosis(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
Is Wike not right on this? They are just after the oil and care not about the people that Wike governs!

1145 Likes 75 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike vs Bubu

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by teadrake(m): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike primary responsibility is to protect the citizens of Rivers but this is something he can't achieve alone should there be any outbreak. While prevention remains the best option for now, synergistic approach is needed to win this fight. Having said that,those Organizations foaming big boys should be careful and not endanger the lives of ordinary masses.

146 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by seankafor(m): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
I like this man believe shaa grin.

540 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
"Don't give me a directive"
Word of a MEN

635 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by cRobo: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
then few hours later IGP changes the state commissioner of police

Buhari is afraid of Wike

argue with your keypad

but

I won't say a word

330 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
No Nonsense Governor

452 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by manuelreports: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
Governor with liver

423 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Munzy14(m): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
cheesy
Wike the real lion tell them....A lot of AzZlicking governors wish they can speak up like wike.

In everything, make sure ur people are on the same page with you....They are family,and family first.

Wike 3: 1 Buhari....as at 9pm 17/4/2020....cheesy

475 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bone full body
manuelreports:
Governor with liver

31 Likes

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Papertrails(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
My governor 1:0 the dullard

grin

293 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by johnkay1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Okay

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by ghostwriter0147: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Watched him making the speech on the NEWS, I must admit, I like his attitude and agility, unlike some other lifeless humans.
Someone above made mention about excessive weed smoking? If it's weed that's making this man speak like this, then the impact of weed must really be good.

748 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by ukukaegbu(m): 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Correct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by byinks(f): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Abouwaza:
"Don't give me a directive"
Word of a MEN

It's not even buhari to begin with.

Buhari doesn't wear mask.

18 Likes

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Charleys: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Why did they change the commissar of police?

4 Likes

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike just shaking tables anyhow

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by tayebest(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
This did not even know how to play opposition politics.
mtcheew

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by AuthenticNG: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike

3 Likes

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nuisance of a governor

49 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Breaking: Atiku Presents 6-point Demand To Buhari / APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu Loses Polling Unit To Labour Party / Nigerian Man Takes Peter Obi Campaign To World Cup In Qatar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.