Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) (69340 Views)

NAFDAC Uncovers Factories In Aba Where Fake Wines And Fizzy Drinks Are Produced. / Indonesians Who Don't Wear Face-Masks Are Made To Lie In Coffins By Police (Pix) / Aba-made Face Masks: Here's My Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Kemimarch16(f): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Igbo are very industrious,I love them for that

3 Likes

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by NaijadrivaCars: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
nnatobryno:

Pls blame their Governors both present and past, esp. the one cooling off in prison.

Is it not Federal Government that is in charge of Power

I am not exonerating the Governors though.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by MoIbrahim: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Abi o. As e be say na Nigeria dey swallow all una monthly allocations since 1960. Na Nigeria dey make other governors perform pass una own.

Stay there and be looking elsewhere for the cause of your self-inflicted problem.

horsepower102:
All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

Unfortunately Aba is in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Inexhaustible(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
They also need to be tutored on customers relations. My experience with one of the major Aba face masks producers was terrible. We needed to order about 20,000 masks in my company and I was to contact the merchant, negotiate and discuss the logistics. He was so rude on phone, no courtesy whatsoever and very domineering. We had to looked else where for the supply.

horsepower102:
All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by SocialJustice: 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
horsepower102:

They do not need government. A wise entrepreneur is what they need.

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by ifex370(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Profayo:
Making a Facemask is beyond just sewing clothes together,there are specific materials that must be used, there are quality control checks it must be subjected to

Like what and what.

How sure are you those checks were not already made ahead.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by henryobinna(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Profayo:
Making a Facemask is beyond just sewing clothes together,there are specific materials that must be used, there are quality control checks it must be subjected to
exactly, I was wondering if they just sew materials into the ship of face masks they'll definitely be protective but will be very very minimal when compared with the required face masks.

These ones here might be good for dusts but I doubt if they'll be protective enough against the virus.

I don't know much but I just hope am wrong

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by SctDonald(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
jericco1:
Jean materials for a face mask how convenient, shoulda channelled their energies elsewhere. Nice working environment tho undecided
...where is the jeans material..
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by jericco1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
SctDonald:
...where is the jeans material..

Watch the video and stop disturbing me
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by DanArewaa: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Making substandard face mark is Igbo Amaka.

Smh...

That's how Inosson's mobile coffins will grace front page and you people will start shouting Igbo Amaka
[/s]
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by kbitss(f): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Dont be deceived. These are not protective face mask but mere designer wears.
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
mcmbonu:
This is how china started. We will get there one Day

That's what we all said in 1959, then next year, Independence happened... The rest they say is history!!! tongue
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by LZAA: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
imhotep:

Amen.
Igbo amaka.

Cc lzaa itooworwor metaphysical

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by tomdon(m): 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Imagine still producing this manually
This country ehnn
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Truthfulguy10: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
whytediamond:
It shall never be well with whoever married the north and south together. cry

Lugard, you. You Lugard you cry cry cry

Luggard can never rest in peace

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Bhol28: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nice
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by AmancalledGod: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
please you guys should help me biko I'm dying of hunger here since two days I never chop abeg abeg!!
6237676833 Fidelity Bank
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by victoriaify1992: 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2020
It is well with your bitter soul. I leave you with your thoughts
MrBanner:

Please check this person's posts, he/she basically opened this account to contribute nothing to nairaland other than to beg. All posts and threads have been dedicated to fleecing people off money Kindly do something about this.

Cc seun lalasticlala mynd44 omaj4
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by toprealman: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
What were these guys making before?
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nairalandmonika: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Profayo:
You don't know what u are talking about, there are regular face mask, n95 face mask, and surgical mask.

Regular face mask is what they are making, it's advisable for the citizens to wear the regular face mask to reduce the spread of the virus. The regular mask they are making trap the droplets from your mouth when u cough, so if u have the virus u won't spread it. If everybody wear the regular mask then we are protecting each other from the virus.

Surgical mask is expensive and it's serve almost thesame purpose as the regular mask, but the surgical mask also prevent some bacteria and germ from enter your nose, which the regular mask cannot prevent.

Finally n95 mask also prevent about 95 percent of bacteria, virus n germs from entering your nose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by vickydankal(f): 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:

Making substandard face mark is Igbo Amaka.

Smh...

That's how Inosson's mobile coffins will grace front page and you people will start shouting Igbo Amaka

Nna direct your anger to
Covid19
Lockdown
Federal government
Hunger

Inu, I’m not your problem.

Che Che Che Igbo bu Igbo nmammanu
Igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by CoronaVirusPro: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
vickydankal:

Nna direct your anger to
Covid19
Lockdown
Federal government
Hunger

Inu, I’m not your problem.

Che Che Che Igbo bu Igbo nmammanu
Igbo amaka

Bunkum and balderdash
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Nairalandmonika: 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ayoefa:
[[s]quote author=horsepower102 post=88571893]All Aba needs a dedicated 24 hours power supply and good roads and that city will industrialize rapidly.

[/s]

Why haven't the Aba locality figured out a way to provide all that you stated? Must all solutions comes from Abuja.
You guys are silly, when Niger Delta produce the oil and it's sold. Fg collect 52 percent of the money, give 13 percent to oil producing state and share the rest among other states.
So why won't everybody look up to Abuja for solution, if u don't want us to look up to Abuja for solution, they should leave every state to control their wealth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Okwyjesus(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
nnatobryno:

Pls blame their Governors both present and past, esp. the one cooling off in prison.
just

If the govt to stimulate the SMEs and develop the nation they will not allow the task to task to the state governors alone.
Yes the past governors didn't help but Arabia one town that cannot be ignored.
Most oil tools that cannot be sourced oversea are made in Aba.
We in PH know

2 Likes

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by MrBanner(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
victoriaify1992:
It is well with your bitter soul. I leave you with your thoughts

Call it what you want, but this forum has rules and you can not continue to flagrantly abuse it because you have problems. Everybody has problems of their own. If we all bring our issues here, nairaland as we know it will be dead! This place is not village meeting.

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Onj042(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Aba is really improving
Gudos to them wink

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by seunH: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Good. Good. We need to reopen the economy with mandatory face mask and social distancing enforced strictly by the police.

This shut down is not going to achieve anything. More people will die from hunger and insecurity if this lockdown doesn't end soon.

Find other alternatives, our govt is not as structured as the civilized world. They can't take care of us like others are doing. Allow us take care of ourselves with added precaution. Stop copying white people.

We are not white and will never be as structured as them.
God bless, I was still discussing this with my wife. This lock down won't achieve much, because it is partial, only a full lockdown can achieve a significant impact which is impracticable even in advanced countries. As you've said, enforcement of face mask would go a long way, also increasing the isolation centers and encourage private sector participation in covid treatment (ie what they do in Yaba that leads to the recovery we see daily), and finally decongestion. If not if this lockdown extends more than a month, the casualties we would see may even be higher than those killed by the disease itself. BTW, do you know some people actually fall sick due to boredom. I mean sick like seriously sick!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by condralbedez: 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
horsepower102:

And is in south east,of Nigeria
Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Ferya(f): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Profayo:

My friend, it is not beyond just sewing clothes together like you stated. Some medical doctors and researchers are encouraging people to make or buy cotton material homemade face mask. According to them, you can use an old T-shirt or a bandana, you shouldn’t shy away from making your mask. But whatever material you use, make sure you wash it after each wear. “A homemade mask should be kept as clean as possible,” says Dr. Adalja. “Contaminating yourself with an infected mask is a real risk.”
https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/best-material-for-reusable-face-mask

Currently in Finland, some local fabric industries will be producing locally made face mask (Economic diversification) and we are looking forward to buying it. So, I will advise you to patronize Nigerian made face mask if you are in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by Lite50: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
Aba people are always creative

1 Like

Re: How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) by kem3503: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Chinese Officials Lock People In Their Homes As Quarantine Measures / 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status / 75-Year-Old Tortoise Involved In Accident In Kebbi, Doctors Try To Save The Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.