Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status (69353 Views)

June Wanza, Kenyan Lady Dies During Breast Enlargement Surgery. Pics / Doreen Moraa Moracha: Meet Kenyan Lady Born With HIV (Photos) / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by ChuzzyBlog: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2017
Doreen Moraa is a confident woman you have never met before. The 24-year-old Kenyan lady was born with HIV and has disclosed in an interesting interview with eDaily how she learnt of her status while still in primary school.

Her story is touching yet a great lesson for those who still treat HIV and AIDs like a death sentence.

Doreen's parents are a discordant couple, meaning one of her parents is HIV positive(+) and the other one is HIV negative(-).

She comes from a family of five siblings, one died a few years back. She is the only child in her family living with the virus.

About how she got to know of her status, Doreen said:

"When I was aged 12 and a pupil in Standard Seven. During one of my many hospital visits, I overheard my mum talking with my doctor. All along, I was visiting the hospital, but I did not know what exactly was wrong with me. I heard the doctor ask my mum: ‘When did you discover that she is HIV (Positive)?’'

"I did not even wait to hear my mum’s response. I was already confused. It found when we had already been introduced to HIV in class. So, our teacher made it sound like it was a death sentence. I was shocked to hear the doctor’s question directed at my mum. But after some time I thought to myself: maybe I heard the wrong thing. I thus brushed it off."

"The following year, my mum went into coma. She was really sick. Actually, we had given up. We thought she was going to pass on. But then, she recovered. And after fully regaining her health, she took me to hospital, I got tested and the doctor disclosed to me my HIV status. He told me: ‘Doreen, you will have to take antiretroviral drugs for the rest of your life."

Doreen's dating life has not been easy because telling someone your status is rather scary because you are afraid of their reaction. She once dated a guy whom she disclosed her status to.

At first, he thought she was joking and so they went to get tested together. She came out positive and the guy was negative. He was shocked and couldn't speak on their way home. With that, she feels challenged to disclose her status to someone because of their reaction.

As she went about her life and learning to deal with her status, she set up a group called Hope Alive. It is comprised of young people who spread the word that living positively is not the end of the world.

Moraa always encourage other people living with HIV and everyone saying,

"HIV is not a death sentence and the cure to HIV doesn't lie in some laboratory in America, China, Korea or Britain."

SOURCE: http://www.chuzzyblog.com/2017/01/beautiful-24-year-old-lady-living-with.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by jimohibrahim(m): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2017
That hips... Buh I love my life most

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by zinachidi(m): 8:26am On Jan 28, 2017
thank God for antiretroviral drugs. See how fresh she is looking, not those times. If u have AIDS u'd be looking like one sickler...

I can date a pos girl though, if i like her enough. Dosen't necessarily mean i will have it too.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by malware: 8:27am On Jan 28, 2017
Chaii... And that's how unlucky promiscuous fellas go go nack those hips..... Lips sealed.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 28, 2017
Lol, thank God say no be everything when wear skirt they trip me.

16 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by ConcNiggress56(f): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Nairaland has 3,333,333 topics and counting. the topic that made that number was a foolish post but I was the one to capture it anyways.

How many likes do I get??

119 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by sylviaeo(f): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2017
God give u strength

9 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by BIGTinfotech: 11:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Na wa o. God have mercy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by ramalot(m): 11:17am On Jan 28, 2017
zinachidi:
thank God for antiretroviral drugs. See how fresh she is looking, not those times. If u have AIDS u'd be looking like one sickler...

I can date a pos girl though, if i like her enough. Dosen't necessarily mean i will have it too.

HIV and AIDS aren't the same.

24 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by zanebaddo(m): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Some body save me with 39000 abeg

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
awww so touching undecided

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by SalomonKane: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
Well I'll still smash that ass, from behind though. Then again, what are condoms for? grin

9 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by miqos02(m): 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
jimohibrahim:
why not "enter the place" with protection

2 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Adesiji77: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by obontami: 11:19am On Jan 28, 2017
hun ?
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by CXLVII: 11:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Chai!

Tell me it's a lie!
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Bigblogman(m): 11:19am On Jan 28, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
More healthier than BUBU

18 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by mccoy47(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Chai! So that meat is off the market! cry

Kenya sef! angry
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Helkayklassic(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
With this massive hip. if she ready to give 10 men the virus daily, she will succeed.

5 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Oreoluwa09(f): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
Such a touching story... im crying cry cry cry cry.... but thank God for her lyf

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
jimohibrahim:

No fear nah. You always chop with rubber.......

1 Like

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by repogirl(f): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2017
HIv is not a death sentence. These days one is more likely to die from Cancer than HIV.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by DirtyGold: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2017
SalomonKane:
Well I'll still smash that ass, from behind though. Then again, what are condoms for? grin
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

What's tha business?

19 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Ishaq319(f): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2017
HIV is really not written on the face
Hip enough to persuade me but I must close my eyes.
Gud luck
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Moblord(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
In my primary school one corper used to say HIV no dey show 4 face
Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by princefunmmy(m): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2017
I really like Her courage!
I Never knew much about HIV until I found myself in PET cds during NYSC. And trust me, I became a counselor and even a good one that after anyone have done the test, they push them to me for post counseling.
Funny enough, I went to the state hospital where I am now just to do HIV test on Thursday and the counselor was like what if I happen to be positive what will I do? I just smiled and told him, live goes on, the key is early detection. When you detect early, you live longer and the effect of the virus will be minimized when you take the ARD...
PET for life!

13 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Xzbit91: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2017
24 years indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by jimohibrahim(m): 11:24am On Jan 28, 2017
miqos02:
why not "enter the place" with protection

Ha!!!!! Not me ooo

I won't stigmatize but but what I can't eat, I wouldn't bother to smell it...

Prevention is better than cure.. I get it... But even CD dey burst...

7 Likes

Re: 24-Year-Old Kenyan Lady Living With HIV Narrates How She Found Out Her Status by Tynasparks(f): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2017
Its well

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Tortoise Involved In Accident In Kebbi, Doctors Try To Save The Life / Please Help! What Should I Apply On My Torn Anus! This Hurts! / How Much Sex Is Too Much Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.