Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,125 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics (1686 Views)

Review Of Chapter 1 Of Kitaab Tawheed - Oneness Of Allah / Some Ramadan Topics Of Importance / Some Ramadan Topics For Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 9:01am On Apr 19, 2020
Table of Content

Introduction

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2020
Introduction

I've posted on https://www.nairaland.com/islam for nearly 7 years, and in this period, I discussed and picked apart the most orthodox elements in Islam, particularly those elements as hadith or sharia - which plenty of Muslims quietly question, but are afraid to speak out.

This thread will review my old topics. On each topic, I'll talk of my objectives, background works, and challenges in posting.

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 9:03am On Apr 19, 2020
X
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
#1. Ten Misconceptions Among Muslims

Citation here - https://www.nairaland.com/1493271/ten-misconceptions-among-muslims

Ten Misconceptions among Muslims was my debut thread. It marked the beginning of my dusk in Sunnism. Before it, I was a normie sunnite. I wasn't the ideal sunnite, but I practiced. I engaged regularly in the obligatory rituals, occasionally in the supererogatory rituals, and I honored the ten commandments.

But there were teachings that never convinced me from an objective point - amputating thieves, prohibition of dating before marriage etc.

In this topic, I list ten essential subjects misconceived by Muslims, and today, despite significantly shifting my Islamic views, I remain supportive of my claims in the list. No such thing as Islamic name, and Qur'an is not an overview of Islam fleshed out by hadith.

Now, the misconceptions on these list remain rampant among Muslims. And, that in years since publishing this piece, not much have changed in the Muslim mindset, is rather poignant. In any case, I think this remains a relevant topic. But in retrospect, I feel I botched its delivery.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Why?

Firstly, notwithstanding it's relevance, the subjects in the list matters little to the common Muslim. Most Muslims could care less if Muhammad is the greatest messenger or if it was Abraham, and not Muhammad that taught the salat or hajj.

Secondly, my writing here is relatively piss poor. My editing is lacking and my sentences are at times cringy to read. I was a quite a young lad at the time, cocky, naive and barely versed on the subject I was talking. Yet I was hyper-excited to share my newfound Islamic views.

All the same, Top 10 Misconceptions among Muslims remain my most engaging thread. Thanks to first publishing it on the Religion section, it generated so much heat over my reversion to heterodoxy and controversial stance on Islamic tenets.

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by IMAliyu(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2020
@usermane
What are your opinions on the sunnah?
I already know you don't believe in the hadith though.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
IMAliyu:
@usermane
What are your opinions on the sunnah?
I already know you don't believe in the hadith though.

What is the sunnah? Sunnah is basically part of the hadith literature.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by ChristianNorth: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
My favorite Moslem.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2020
#2. They Ask You About Jihad

In this thread I uncover the theological root of the so called Muslim terrorism. At the time when ISIS or Boko haram were bagging headlines after headlines, the Muslim community remained in denial. Speeches after speeches, writings after writing were issued by scholars after scholars condemning violence and denouncing the authority of these terrorist groups.

Now, this was in about 2013/14 when I grew disillusioned with the sanctity of hadith books. Once I rid myself of the intellectual shackles of the 'oral traditions' and by extension, the ulemas, I began to question everything the contemporary scholars and imams talked on Islam. Before my rebirth, I would say that Boko haram and Al Qaida just misunderstood Islam, the same lame ass talking point of every cookie cutter Muslim you could meet today.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2020
In this thread, I opined that the modus operandi of the Talibans, or Al Shabaab bear legitimate support from the religious traditions. And polite as I could, I proceed to enumerate several hadith references. But no matter how polite and professional I expressed myself, I was putting forth the same position as the Christian and Jewish opponents of Muslims - that Islam is a religion of bloodshed - and for that the moderator(or more accurately, the gatekeeper) - mclatunji - deleted my post. So you can no longer find this thread on the internet, no matter how hard you scour.

Look, before the fall of the Ottoman Caliphate, and maybe even shortly after that, no Muslim scholar taught military Jihad was solely intended for defense. For much of Muslim history, offensive jihad had been the foreign policies of the caliphates, emirates or sultanate for the purpose of expanding their terrain and acquiring bounties.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2020
Also, the notion that jihad is only declarable by the caliph of the ummah is mistaken. Who is a caliph in Islam? Any Muslim man with followers and in command of a militia, may declare himself caliph, destroy his opponents and impose his rule. This was how the ummayads, abbasid, and the Saudi dynasties rose to power.

So, what has happened is that over a generation or two, a great shift have occurred. In our time, if you hold the views on Jihad that the imams of fiqh held, or that the ayyubid and ottomans held, you're considered a terrorist. See, you hold the views of Abu Bakr as Sadik and Umar ibn Khattab, you're terrorist.

The problem of Muslim 'terrorism' won't go away by just pretending it has nothing to do with Islam. And no amount of ammunition and drone strike can defeat it for good. It is long over due for Muslims to begin a 12 step program in addressing 'terrorism'. And the first step of which is not condemning it, but admitting its theological roots in their religious texts.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2020
#3. This Antiquated Bemoaning of the Media ... Why?

Citation here - https://www.nairaland.com/1798376/antiquated-bemoaning-media-why

Unfortunately this is not a well written thread. But it remain relevant today, nonetheless. The Muslim community believes the media singles them out with poor representation or no representation. And in this thread, I sought to disprove that, albeit my execution was off.

Over the years, my take on this have significantly modified. Are Muslims and Islam demonized with negative portrayal in the media? May be. But see, all identitarian group believes themselves as victim of media misrepresentation.

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 11:30am On May 30, 2020
Ask the christian conservatives what they feel of the media referring to the victims of Sri Lankan bombing last year as "Easter worshipers". If you talk to the white nationalist groups in UK or US, or Jewish nationalists of Israel, they also have accounts and citations of clear media bias against them. It is the same with say, black identity movements in US, like the BlackLivesMatter.

Yeah, the media outlet does disservice to the image of Muslim. But so what? They do the same to other identitarian groups and movement that their sponsors or financiers oppose. On the flip side, the media outlets sometimes even under-report or exaggerate events either in pandering to Muslims or in helping the public's image of Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2020
For instance, in the UK, there are the infamous sex grooming gangs that exploit young girls - young white girls, to be specific. Although these grooming gangs are apparently over-represented by Pakistani men and they targets majorly white girls, the British Media repeatedly refuse to identify these men as 'Pakistanis' or 'South Asians'. When the media is pressed to identify these men by demographics, the media identify them as "Asian."

Now, who is Asian? A Japanese, an Indian, a Saudi or a Filipino? An Hindu, a Buddhist, a Christian or a Muslim? It would be like identifying Egyptians as African. Theoretically, this is not inaccurate, but in practice it is highly misleading. The media is aware that identifying these men as Pakistanis would be clear give away of their faith, so to supposedly forestall Islamophobia or racism, the media identify them "Asian".

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2020
Ironically, if these Pakistanis were targetted by white Brits, no media would identify them as any other than Muslims or Pakistanis. So, when you say, "the mainstream media outlets are at war with Muslims". Think again. The mainstream media are overwhelmingly leftist lobbies, and depending on the time, their agenda and motives, they vary their oppositions and allies. They have no perennial friend or foe.

1 Like

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Born2Freak(f): 8:38pm On May 31, 2020
Username. Why are you not so frequent here anymore?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2020
Born2Freak:
Username. Why are you not so frequent here anymore?

I've posted on every issue I feel is worth addressing in Islam. Plus, I'm just worn out. It is very exhausting to keep up with the posts - researching, writing, editing, typing and sometimes addressing the responses. Yet, I dragged on like this for several years, I'll post regularly for several months or nearly a year, take a sabbatical, only to return again.

But the final straw, the moment I decided enough was enough was when I resolved there were contradictions between the Qur'an and Science. I've come to the conclusion now that I might have wasted several nights and weekends on "Qur'an Alone" activism, which was my primary motive for posting here in the first place.

Will it be good if majority of Muslims reject hadith for a more modern, rational exegesis of the Qur'an? Sure, but how long will it last? The same faults that plague hadith also plagued the Qur'an admittedly to a lesser extent. So, it will only be a matter of time before these Qur'anists see the faults in Qur'an.

4 Likes

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by motayoayinde: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2020
usermane:

I've posted on every issue I feel is worth addressing in Islam. Plus, I'm just worn out. It is very exhausting to keep up with the posts - researching, writing, editing, typing and sometimes addressing the responses. Yet, I dragged on like this for several years, I'll post regularly for several months or nearly a year, take a sabbatical, only to return again.

But the final straw, the moment I decided enough was enough was when I resolved there were contradictions between the Qur'an and Science. I've come to the conclusion now that I might have wasted several nights and weekends on "Qur'an Alone" activism, which was my primary motive for posting here in the first place.

Will it be good if majority of Muslims reject hadith for a more modern, rational exegesis of the Qur'an? Sure, but how long will it last? The same faults that plague hadith also plagued the Qur'an admittedly to a lesser extent. So, it will only be a matter of time before these Qur'anists see the faults in Qur'an.
SO, WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE NOW AND WHAT ARE THESE CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN QUR'AN AND SCIENCE?

I'D LIKE TO KNOW.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by budaatum: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
usermane:

I think your error was in assuming the Quran is a science book, which it clearly isn't and is why you are disappointed when your eyes finally opened to scientific errors in the Quran only to be blinded all over again by judging it by a standard it never proposed to be.

I'm certain the Quran was never mentioned in any science class you've ever been in so I wonder why you'd judge it by that standard.

In time, "more modern, rational exegesis of the Qur'an" will occur amongst us Nigerians just as it has occurred in numerous nations all over the world, so do not give up making it sooner please.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Empiree: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2020
Reason for this conclusion of yours is because you belonged to the other extreme end which we kinda warned you about. As much as I sometimes disagree with him, budaatum's response to you did justice to your write up.

As for hadith, informed Muslims know it is not all authentic nor is it wahy so long as it doesn't meet Qur'an standard. This is the best methodology of all. Your methodology is wrong and methodology of the other extreme end is also wrong . This is why you are where you are today. Anyways, I still respect some of your approach and I must say i learned from you too.

As for adopting more modern Quran exegesis, Islam already answered this when it says Quran is for past, present and future which means there is room flexibility in tafsir. This was also briefed by Hand Kung in his book. You may also check Sheikh Abdul Hakeem Quick on YouTube talked about this years ago.

There are parts of Qur'an that explain modern phenomenas. It is simple physics.

usermane:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by budaatum: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
usermane:
For instance, in the UK, there are the infamous sex grooming gangs that exploit young girls - young white girls, to be specific. Although these grooming gangs are apparently over-represented by Pakistani men and they targets majorly white girls, the British Media repeatedly refuse to identify these men as 'Pakistanis' or 'South Asians'. When the media is pressed to identify these men by demographics, the media identify them as "Asian."
This is kinda not quite true, mane. Currently, Pakistani men targeting white girls is the focus of the news, and the media love pointing this fact out a lot. They do however stop short of stating their religion, as we Brits will condemn them if they do since religion is not pertinent to the crime. But its not only Asians targeting girls. Russians had their wave, as do Eastern Europeans and black people, and white Brits are always targeting their own girls.

We do have right wing media though, the sort that supports Hitler and want all non-whites to leave the country and delight in stating race and religion whenever there's a crime, but sensible people know such media for the propaganda outlets that they are.

Here is a non-Asian report of one group recently arrested.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by usermane(m): 5:08am On Nov 01, 2020
#4. Passive Terrorism: Peaceful Violence

Citation here - https://www.nairaland.com/1828224/passive-terrorism-peaceful-violence

This is not my article. I found it on International Qur'anic Center, an English/Arabic/French Muslim reform and Qur'anist website. I found the article deeply enlightening and published it with a more catchy title here on NairaLand. Unfortunately, I never left the url to the original and thus cannot find the article today.

In this article, the writer explores the role of so called moderate Muslims in festering Muslim terrorists, whether intentionally or unintentionally. In the light of the recent attack in France, where a school teacher was beheaded by an Islamist for displaying Charlie Hebdo cartoon to his students, this article would be a good read. Especially seeing as Muslims in the middle east are protesting Macron's support for Charlie Hebdo & his remarks such as on Islam being "in crisis all over the world" after condemning the incident.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by IMAliyu(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2020
usermane:

Citation here - https://www.nairaland.com/1828224/passive-terrorism-peaceful-violence

This is not my article. I found it on International Qur'anic Center, an English/Arabic/French Muslim reform and Qur'anist website. I found the article deeply enlightening and published it with a more catchy title here on NairaLand. Unfortunately, I never left the url to the original and thus cannot find the article today.

In this article, the writer explores the role of so called moderate Muslims in festering Muslim terrorists, whether intentionally or unintentionally. In the light of the recent attack in France, where a school teacher was beheaded by an Islamist for displaying Charlie Hebdo cartoon to his students, this article would be a good read. Especially seeing as Muslims in the middle east are protesting Macron's support for Charlie Hebdo & his remarks such as on Islam being "in crisis all over the world" after condemning the incident.
Read through the thread.

Really puts things into perspective, and details things I've noticed, but couldn't quite put a finger on it.
The fact that the cause of extremism/terrorism, isn't necessarily situational or environmental, but theological/ideological,
The fact that terrorism and terrorist related crimes are highly correlated with Muslim populations.
The inability and unwillingness of the Muslim communities to take up the responsibility of quailing the rise of extremism, which they mostly become the victims of.

And the passive support of terrorism, because I can remember clear as day that I knew people that were in support of the 9/11 attack, and people who were initially condoning of BH in it's early stages, who only changed their stand when the group started attacking Muslims as well. I was really young back then.

This recent event just shows how twisted our priorities are.
A teacher got beheaded by a student, but somehow all we can take out of it is to turn this into a case of Islamaphobia and protest about cartoons, and are not condemning the barbarism that took place.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by motayoayinde: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
usermane:

ON THE CHARLIE HEBDO CARTOONS

FIRST, I'M NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE GRUESOME BEHEADING OF THE MAN INVOLVED IN THE LATEST EPISODE AS I'M SURE SO MANY OTHER MUSLIMS AREN'T.

IT'S CONTRARY TO HOW ALLAH HAS INSTRUCTED US TO RESPOND TO ISSUES LIKE THIS, ACCURATELY PREDICTED IN THE QUR'AN:

"Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs."
Qur'an 3: 186

WHOEVER AMONG MUSLIMS WHO KILLS OR MAIMS OR DESTROYS IN THE EVENT OF DEEP PROVOCATIONS SUCH AS THIS, SHOULDN'T BE SEEN AS ONE REPRESENTING ISLAM, RATHER AS ONE OPPOSING THE DICTATES OF THE QURAN AND TAKING LAWS INTO HIS HANDS.

HOWEVER, I THINK IT SHOULD ALSO BE STATED THAT THE CHARLIE HEBDO ISSUE PRESENTS US WITH TWO SETS OF EXTREMISTS. THE MUSLIM WHO DECAPITATED THE TEACHER ON THE ONE HAND AND THE PROMOTERS OF THE WESTERN STYLED FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION ON THE OTHER.

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AS PRACTICED AND PROMOTED BY THE WEST IS HARSH, IRREVERENT, UNCARING AND I DARE SAY DANGEROUS, EVEN TO WESTERN INTERESTS.

WESTERN COUNTRIES PRIDE THEMSELVES AS HAVING MODERN SOCIETIES BUILT ON EMPIRICISM AND RATIONALISM.
IF A CERTAIN VALUE HAS PROVEN OVER TIME TO BE AS COSTLY AS TO LEAD TO LOSS OF LIVES AND HUGE UPHEAVALS, SHOULD IT BE TOO DIFFICULT TONE IT DOWN?
AREN'T FRENCH MUSLIMS ALSO CITIZENS DESERVING OF RESPECT?
WHAT EXACTLY IS THE REAL BENEFIT OF CONSTANTLY MOCKING WHAT OTHERS HOLD DEAR?
DOES ITS BENEFIT OUTWEIGH ITS THREAT IN SUCH A MEASURE THAT IT MUST BE UPHELD (in its present form), EVEN WHEN IT DRAWS THE IRE OF ABOUT 2 BILLION MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD EVERY NOW AND THEN?
FOR HOW LONG CAN THE FRENCH SOCIETY AND THE WEST IN GENERAL SUSTAIN THIS?

ESPECIALLY AS ITS BEEN SHOWN THAT THIS FREEDOM OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IS BIASED AGAINST ISLAM. IF THEY AREN'T BURNING THE QUR'AN FOR SPORT THEN THEY ARE MAKING OFFENSIVE CARTOONS OF OUR DEAR PROPHET.
WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THOSE OF BHUDDA OR SHINTO OR CONFUCIOUS OR BRAHMA OR GURU NANAK? ( not that we actually want to see them).

BOTH SIDES OF THE EXTEREME NEED TO ANSWER TO SOME QUESTIONS BUT ONLY ONE SIDE IS BEING QUESTIONED.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Empiree: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
IMAliyu:

A teacher got beheaded by a student, but somehow all we can take out of it is to turn this into a case of Islamaphobia and protest about cartoons, and are not condemning the barbarism that took place.
As much as I like your inputs sometimes, your last paragraph is a proof that africans have major mental problems as Dr. Arikana Chihombori (former AU Ambassador to US) rightly said. Africans are mentally wounded people as a result of slavery. Until we fight off this madness we will remain in this position forever. Tell me how in the world situation in France is priority for africans, particularly Nigerians?.

Who cares about a bitch beheaded in France while your brothers and sisters were killed by Nigerian govt during endsars protest?. Which has more priority?.

Also did you watch interview by CNN (I think) of a white man about protest in Nigeria?. The man clearly said Black West Africa is not the priority. So why do you think Muslims should take France as their priority?.

Many things coincided in recent weeks and days. They are:

1. mawlid nabi,

2. EndSars protest in Nigeria,

3. terrorism in France where a French was allegedly beheaded.

If Muslims don't make it priority doesn't mean we support the killing. Brother, wake up and stop allowing these clowns use your brain.

As a Muslim, of all the three things I mentioned, putting everything in proper perspective and in good context, my priority is protesters killed in Nigeria followed by mawlud nabi. And the 3rd doesn't even make 3rd on my list because it doesn't fvking concern me.

Why should I care about France when their fellow White man said on national tv that Black killings in Nigeria is irrelevant to them?.

In case you need reference just ask me and I will post the video or you can search for yourself on fb.

Not only that, did you watch another video of a white man delivering message about international relations?. He clearly said that they will never allow Africa to develop or self reliance because if Africa is to manufacture its own products the West will look like third world because "we leave on Africa resources".

So brother, you being African man, why in the world you think a bitch killed in France should be our priority?. All these terrorism you hear up and down are their creation. They have them in handy and are ready to use them when the need arises. Islam is the best business and best enterprise in the world in the last century till this minute.

You either play the game or you will be played. What is going on has nothing to do with Islamic theology. That's just excuse.

Lastly, do you have evidence that a Muslim carried out attack on a teacher or you simply rely on media?.

If you have been paying attention to international politics this should not surprised you. In 2015 same charley hebdo cartoon was published that led to chaos and killings and French election was 2 years away. This killing occured around campaign. Now another election is coming in France in 2yrs, campaign is on again. Islam dominated french media in 2015 election campaign. Islam is dominating again.

So keep allowing them to use your brain. They know what they are doing but africans don't know what they are doing.

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Empiree: 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Currently there are 15 West African countries held hostage by France. These countries must deposit their annual revenue in French Banks and they get peanuts in return on it.

According to record, as published by Dr. Arikana Chihombori, France earns over 500 billion dollars from 15 african countries and yet the boy they called their president called these countries "poor countries". Is this not financial terrorism? This is the cause of poverty in those african nations. So to hell with it and those Black idiots that sympathize with it.

Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by IMAliyu(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
motayoayinde:

ON THE CHARLIE HEBDO CARTOONS

FIRST, I'M NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE GRUESOME BEHEADING OF THE MAN INVOLVED IN THE LATEST EPISODE AS I'M SURE SO MANY OTHER MUSLIMS AREN'T.

IT'S CONTRARY TO HOW ALLAH HAS INSTRUCTED US TO RESPOND TO ISSUES LIKE THIS, ACCURATELY PREDICTED IN THE QUR'AN:

"Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs."
Qur'an 3: 186

WHOEVER AMONG MUSLIMS WHO KILLS OR MAIMS OR DESTROYS IN THE EVENT OF DEEP PROVOCATIONS SUCH AS THIS, SHOULDN'T BE SEEN AS ONE REPRESENTING ISLAM, RATHER AS ONE OPPOSING THE DICTATES OF THE QURAN AND TAKING LAWS INTO HIS HANDS.

HOWEVER, I THINK IT SHOULD ALSO BE STATED THAT THE CHARLIE HEBDO ISSUE PRESENTS US WITH TWO SETS OF EXTREMISTS. THE MUSLIM WHO DECAPITATED THE TEACHER ON THE ONE HAND AND THE PROMOTERS OF THE WESTERN STYLED FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION ON THE OTHER.

FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION AS PRACTICED AND PROMOTED BY THE WEST IS HARSH, IRREVERENT, UNCARING AND I DARE SAY DANGEROUS, EVEN TO WESTERN INTERESTS.

WESTERN COUNTRIES PRIDE THEMSELVES AS HAVING MODERN SOCIETIES BUILT ON EMPIRICISM AND RATIONALISM.
IF A CERTAIN VALUE HAS PROVEN OVER TIME TO BE AS COSTLY AS TO LEAD TO LOSS OF LIVES AND HUGE UPHEAVALS, SHOULD IT BE TOO DIFFICULT TONE IT DOWN?
AREN'T FRENCH MUSLIMS ALSO CITIZENS DESERVING OF RESPECT?
WHAT EXACTLY IS THE REAL BENEFIT OF CONSTANTLY MOCKING WHAT OTHERS HOLD DEAR?
DOES ITS BENEFIT OUTWEIGH ITS THREAT IN SUCH A MEASURE THAT IT MUST BE UPHELD (in its present form), EVEN WHEN IT DRAWS THE IRE OF ABOUT 2 BILLION MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD EVERY NOW AND THEN?
FOR HOW LONG CAN THE FRENCH SOCIETY AND THE WEST IN GENERAL SUSTAIN THIS?

ESPECIALLY AS ITS BEEN SHOWN THAT THIS FREEDOM OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IS BIASED AGAINST ISLAM. IF THEY AREN'T BURNING THE QUR'AN FOR SPORT THEN THEY ARE MAKING OFFENSIVE CARTOONS OF OUR DEAR PROPHET.
WHY HAVEN'T WE SEEN THOSE OF BHUDDA OR SHINTO OR CONFUCIOUS OR BRAHMA OR GURU NANAK? ( not that we actually want to see them).

BOTH SIDES OF THE EXTEREME NEED TO ANSWER TO SOME QUESTIONS BUT ONLY ONE SIDE IS BEING QUESTIONED.

Here is my thought on why Islam is targeted or at least seems like it's the target of these provocation.

It's how the Muslim world chooses to reacts to these provocations.

Do note that my thoughts are based on my experience as a child and my observation of the behavior of children. When it comes to teasing and bullying. I may be wrong, however I do infact think this is actually the reason.
When children decided to let's say start calling someone among them a name they won't like. For example let's say there is girl named Fatima and her peers start calling her fatybombom (Please bear with me, I know how unrelated this may sound).
This undesired name usually only sticks depending on how Fatima reacts, because the desire/objective of the name callers is to facilitate a reaction. If Fatima reacts how they want (for her to show her distaste of it) by displaying aggression or crying about it, then that gives the name callers reassurance that their teasing/bullying works and they continue.
If Fatima were to had reacted differently, by simply ignoring it and only displays a disinterest of it. The name callers get bored and just stop eventually, because she never reacted the way they desired and they never got satisfaction from it.

My conclusion is, in as much as we keep reacting the way we've always reacted, there will always be more people looking to provoke.

As to why people don't target Christianity, Hinduism or Buddhism. They absolutely do, however the followers of these faiths don't make as much of a fuss about it, therefore we never hear about it.
I've followed anime for a while (Japanese cartoons basically) and have come across shows I can use as an example like 'saint youngman' a story about Buddha and Jesus coming back to earth and sharing an apartment in Tokyo. And something like drifters where Jesus is basically made into the antagonist of the show. This is because the Japan a more or less unreligious country mostly look at Christian mythology to be no different from Greek mythology and can use it to create any story they want.

Personal view is Muslims need to grow thicker skin, you can't control what someone else may decide to do. And the more violent the reactions to these cartoons, the more the rest of the world will see a reason to keep making them.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Empiree: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
^

The thing is, how is Islam and all Muslims responsible for how a Muslim responds to such provocative behavior?. We are not homogeneous people. People react differently to issues.

When Natherlier Samuel was caught with explosives, and it became clear he's Christian, did you see Christian reactions?.

They made excuses.

"He's not a christian"

"He didn't say he did it according to Bible unlike you that chant Allah Akbar"

and many excuses like that. I didn't see any of them condemn it openly including their CAN and pastors. Instead they reposited the blame on Muslims.

Let us keep deceiving ourselves jare
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by IMAliyu(m): 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Empiree:
^

The thing is, how is Islam and all Muslims responsible for how a Muslim respond to such provocative behavior?. We are not homogeneous people. People react differently to issues.

When Natherlier Samuel was caught with explosives, and it became clear he's Christian, did you see Christian reactions?.

They made excuses.

"He's not a christian"

"He didn't say he did it according to Bible unlike you that chant Allah Akbar"

and many excuses like that. I didn't see any of them condemn it openly including their CAN and pastors. Instead they reposited the blame on Muslims.

Let us keep deceiving ourselves jare
True Muslims are not a hive mind and are not homogeneous either, different people react in different ways, but enough people react in this particular way that, that's become what we are know for.
I don't see any advantage in justifying ourselves by pointing to the hypocrisy of others.

I've seen a situation where Muslims decided to react in a different way to the commonly expected one when provoked and it worked to their advantage and basically won the said confrontation.

Things that are used to provoke and get a reaction out of Muslims are nothing new and are quite simple key words, even on NL we've all seen them a hundred times over. I could be basically write a How To manual on it. I just wish every individual Muslim, could understand this and not fall for such bait.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by Empiree: 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Fact still remains it is individual thing. No Muslim is responsible for how a Muslim reacts to a situation. We are not homogeneous people. Everyone stands alone before his Lord individually not as a group. Therefore, for any media to blame action of one person on entire Muslims and Islam is unjust. When Christian guy killed 51 people in New Zealand did you hear them blame it on Christianity and entire Christian people?. Afterall I don't even believe their story anyways and they are not my priority. This is why I don't understand why africans carry someone else's cross on their head. Same in 2015, you seen Africans on fb changed their profile picture to French flag #supportfrance #prayforparis. Did you see them reciprocate when Nigerians are killed in this endsars protest?.

Until Africans realize they are nothing to French people they will continue to be slaves.
IMAliyu:

True Muslims are not a hive mind and are not homogeneous either, different people react in different ways, but enough people react in this particular way that, that's become what we are know for.
I don't see any advantage in justifying ourselves by pointing to the hypocrisy of others.

I've seen a situation where Muslims decided to react in a different way to the commonly expected one when provoked and it worked to their advantage and basically won the said confrontation.

Things that are used to provoke and get a reaction out of Muslims are nothing new and are quite simple key words, even on NL we've all seen them a hundred times over. I could be basically write a How To manual on it. I just wish every individual Muslim, could understand this and not fall for such bait.
Re: Critical Review Of Usermane's Topics by motayoayinde: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2020
IMAliyu:

Here is my thought on why Islam is targeted or at least seems like it's the target of these provocation.

It's how the Muslim world chooses to reacts to these provocations.

Do note that my thoughts are based on my experience as a child and my observation of the behavior of children. When it comes to teasing and bullying. I may be wrong, however I do infact think this is actually the reason.
When children decided to let's say start calling someone among them a name they won't like. For example let's say there is girl named Fatima and her peers start calling her fatybombom (Please bear with me, I know how unrelated this may sound).
This undesired name usually only sticks depending on how Fatima reacts, because the desire/objective of the name callers is to facilitate a reaction. If Fatima reacts how they want (for her to show her distaste of it) by displaying aggression or crying about it, then that gives the name callers reassurance that their teasing/bullying works and they continue.
If Fatima were to had reacted differently, by simply ignoring it and only displays a disinterest of it. The name callers get bored and just stop eventually, because she never reacted the way they desired and they never got satisfaction from it.

My conclusion is, in as much as we keep reacting the way we've always reacted, there will always be more people looking to provoke.

As to why people don't target Christianity, Hinduism or Buddhism. They absolutely do, however the followers of these faiths don't make as much of a fuss about it, therefore we never hear about it.
I've followed anime for a while (Japanese cartoons basically) and have come across shows I can use as an example like 'saint youngman' a story about Buddha and Jesus coming back to earth and sharing an apartment in Tokyo. And something like drifters where Jesus is basically made into the antagonist of the show. This is because the Japan a more or less unreligious country mostly look at Christian mythology to be no different from Greek mythology and can use it to create any story they want.

Personal view is Muslims need to grow thicker skin, you can't control what someone else may decide to do. And the more violent the reactions to these cartoons, the more the rest of the world will see a reason to keep making them.

I'M IN PERFECT AGREEMENT WITH YOU ON HOW BEST MUSLIMS SHOULD REACT TO THESE PROVOCATIONS.
IT'S ACTUALLY THE RECOMMENDATION OF ALLAH IN THE VERSE I QUOTED EARLIER.
HERE IS ANOTHER:

10. And have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity).
Qur'an 73:10

YOUR ANALOGY (about kids' taunting) IS ALSO QUITE APT.

BUT THE REALITY WE HAVE ON OUR HANDS IS THAT MUSLIMS ARE VERY TOUCHY INDEED ABOUT THEIR FAITH. SINCE IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE NOW TO GET ALL MUSLIMS TO REACT AS PRESCRIBED BY THE QUR'AN, THE WEST, THE MAJOR PROVOCATEUR SHOULD DO WHAT IS SENSIBLE, BY REFRAINING FROM EXERCISING THIS UGLY SIDE OF THEIR SO CALLED FREEDOM WHICH PROVOKES THESE REACTIONS. THE RESULT WILL BE A WIN-WIN FOR ALL SIDES.

IF YOU HAVE A CHILD WHO REFUSES TO GO SCHOOL AND BEHAVES IN A VERY NAUGHTY MANNER EVERY SCHOOL MORNING, INSISTING THAT HE GOES AND BUNDLING HIM INTO THE CAR WON'T CHANGE A THING, IT'LL BRING OUT THE WORST IN HIM UNTIL YOU CHANGE YOUR METHOD.

I DON'T AGREE THAT OTHER FAITHS ARE TARGETED AS MUCH AS MUSLIMS.
IF THEY ARE, WE'D KNOW REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY REACT.
THEY MAY BE TARGETED, BUT MUSLIMS ARE TARGETED IN A DISPROPORTIONATE MANNER BY ALMOST EVERYONE THESE DAYS.
THE HINDUS, THE JEWS, THE WEST IT'S ALL COMING IN TORRENTS. AND I'M AFRAID NO NO WINNER WILL EMERGE FROM THESE UNWARRANTED PROVOCATIONS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Searching For Madrasa / Ashura:Devout Shia Muslims using knives to cut open their headsĀ (Graphic Images) / Wonder Child Born With A Miracletasabih Muslim Rosary In Bida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.