Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating (2723 Views)

Don't Eat SEMOLINA | Stop Eating Semolina So You Don't Endanger Your Life! / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / You Can Use Semolina Flour To Make The Best Pancakes Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by Chimasoka: 9:05am On Apr 20, 2020
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by aboooyowa(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2020
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Semolina. Semolina (Semo) has a shelf life of 6 months. Semolina is a product from wheat. Wheat contains Gluten which is the protein found in wheat. When you extract the soluble starch from Semolina or Flour, you obtain gluten which is insoluble in water. This gluten is usually elastic and extensible in nature and is very important in Bread production. But it is Not Poisonous. The only people should not consume wheat products such as Semolina and bread are those with Celiac Disease. Please let's be informed. Semolina is a nice meal.

2 Likes

Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by fineboynl(m): 2:09am On May 17, 2020
aboooyowa:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that Semolina. Semolina (Semo) has a shelf life of 6 months. Semolina is a product from wheat. Wheat contains Gluten which is the protein found in wheat. When you extract the soluble starch from Semolina or Flour, you obtain gluten which is insoluble in water. This gluten is usually elastic and extensible in nature and is very important in Bread production. But it is Not Poisonous. The only people should not consume wheat products such as Semolina and bread are those with Celiac Disease. Please let's be informed. Semolina is a nice meal.
is semolina same as semovita?
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by welturebotanical: 11:18am On May 17, 2020
fineboynl:
is semolina same as semovita?

Semolina is the name of the flour, semovita is a brand that makes semolina flour.
The use of semolina flour extends to cake making in Morocco, bread making, pizza making, and the major flour for making pasta. It's well know for giving pizza a great crust when you use it hand in hand with your normal flour.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by fineboynl(m): 12:54pm On May 17, 2020
welturebotanical:

Semolina is the name of the flour, semovita is a brand that makes semolina flour.
The use of semolina flour extends to cake making in Morocco, bread making, pizza making, and the major flour for making pasta. It's well know for giving pizza a great crust when you use it hand in hand with your normal flour.
I thought semovita is made from dried casava and dried corn.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by welturebotanical: 2:03pm On May 17, 2020
fineboynl:
I thought semovita is made from dried casava and dried corn.

No sir its made from durum wheat.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by fineboynl(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2020
welturebotanical:

No sir its made from durum wheat.
there are ingredients formula online that's it's from corn and casava four. they said it's good. maybe you try that out from Google
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by dlaw281(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2020
welturebotanical:

bro sorry to put but you are mistaken semovita and semolina are two different thing entirely. You said semovita is a brand that makes semolina flour it not true,only golden penny produces semovita the rest produces semolina and it kind of different In terms of texture
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by welturebotanical: 7:28pm On May 17, 2020
fineboynl:
there are ingredients formula online that's it's from corn and casava four. they said it's good. maybe you try that out from Google

I already did that sir, I think it's your turn to check it out.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by welturebotanical: 7:35pm On May 17, 2020
dlaw281:

bro sorry to put but you are mistaken semovita and semolina are two different thing entirely. You said semovita is a brand that makes semolina flour it not true,only golden penny produces semovita the rest produces semolina and it kind of different In terms of texture

I can't argue much on this, but on the pack of semovita is premium quality semolina.
The term semovita is the brand name for the semolina flour of honeywell(I.e the company).
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by symbianDON(m): 7:37pm On May 17, 2020
dlaw281:

you are the one who is wrong!! semolina is a generic name while semovita is a brand name.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by symbianDON(m): 7:38pm On May 17, 2020
welturebotanical:

very correct.
Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by fineboynl(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2020
welturebotanical:

I can't argue much on this, but on the pack of semovita is premium quality semolina.
The term semovita is the brand name for the semolina flour of honeywell(I.e the company).
ok but which one is cheaper? semovita 1kg is 450 right now.

when I was in India there is one called suji. it different from atta. I love atta like mad but it's not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See The Semolina They Are Selling For Us, Please Stop Eating by welturebotanical: 9:05pm On May 17, 2020
fineboynl:
ok but which one is cheaper? semovita 1kg is 450 right now.

when I was in India there is one called suji. it different from atta. I love atta like mad but it's not in Nigeria.

I think the yellow pack is cheaper from the green pack.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need The Recipe Of Meat Pie / See The Number Of Edible Crocodiles Killed By A Man In Bayelsa(photos) / Restaurants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.