Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website (670 Views)

Help On Creating A Live Video Streaming Website / Database On Dw8 / Setting Up Wamp Server To Run On Local Area Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website by fatezy(m): 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
Good day. Pls, I have a site which I developed. during the testing stage, I had no problem with the data base connection with everything working seamlessly. I used a connection string similar to this - "name="me" connectionString="Data Source=.\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=them;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient".
I have successfully created the database on the site but it is giving me an error message that the sqlserver was not found or is accessible. Please help.
Re: Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website by jjjkkkooo: 9:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
What is the DBMS u are using and what tool are u using to upload? cpanel, filezilla etc?
Re: Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website by viewspro: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2011
I think the problem is with your connectionstring.

On the live sever: you would need to use something like the following:
Data Source=SERVERNAME/IPADDRESS;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;User ID=USERNAME;Password=YOURPASSWORD

Like you mentioned that you have successfully created the database on the live server, then you need to update the parameter in the connectionstring above to the correct settings:
SERVERNAME/IPADDRESS: the name of the server or ip address of the server you created the database
DBNAME: name of the database you created.
USERNAME: the username your host gave you (except it a dedicated server, then you would need to create a user)
YOURPASSWORD: the password you used in login to the DB

Let know how it went!
Re: Problem Setting Up Database On A Live Website by fatezy(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2011
Thanks for your reply. The problem was indeed with the connection string.
Ha to change the datasource to localhost and set the username and password. Thanks for the reply

(1) (Reply)

Логистика в Украине / Celebrity Gossip! / Does Writing About What You Love Only, Make Money In Blogging?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.