Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria (5804 Views)

Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / The End Of The Global Lockdown Will Begin In Africa / Lai Mohammed: Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by NwekeUG(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
As Nigeria currently has 627 COVID-19 cases, secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha says COVID-19 outbreak may not be over soon in Nigeria.

According to IgbereTV reports, Mustapha made this known at a briefing organised by the presidential task force on Covid-19 which he is chairs.

While saying that the federal government is worried over the increasing cases of the disease in Nigeria, he appealed to Nigerians to comply with the lockdown directive, saying the federal government is determined to “flatten the curve”.

“​Given the increase in the number of confirmed cases in the last week, the PTF remains conscious of the fact that we are far from the end of this outbreak in Nigeria. We, therefore, must focus even more vigorously on our strategy of increasing testing, isolating confirmed cases, following up with contacts of cases and managing confirmed cases to recovery,” he said.

“The significant increase in the number of cases and distribution across states underscore the importance of remaining focused as citizens and as a nation because of the enormity of the challenges ahead.

“This is the time for all hands to be on deck so that the PTF can improve on its delivery. We must all come together because we face a common enemy and potential risk. We must flatten the curve at all cost and restore our country to full activity.”

Mustapha also addressed the criticism on the alleged violation of directives of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) at the burial of Abba Kyari, the late chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, saying lessons had been learnt.​

“The PTF recognizes, regrettably, the unintentional violation of the principles and protocols that form the core of our messaging to Nigerians, at the funeral of the late Chief of Staff,” he said.

“These principles for emphasis, include: the guidance provided on mass gatherings; social distancing; personal hygiene; and
​restriction of movements.

“Lessons have been learnt and appropriate measures have been taken to close all gaps. We assure all Nigerians of their safety and the determination of the PTF to combat the pandemic.”

http://igberetvnews.com/1348508/fg-speaks-covid-19-lockdown-will-nigeria/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by NaijaFutbol: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2020
They never know when it will be over

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Saao(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2020
They don't know anything aside lockdown? The federal government should look for a better way cop the virus than lockdown. We are lockdown, the virus is on the increase, common sense should tell them that we can look for better way than the lockdown.

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Simplyleo: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
The hands of the fed govt are tied in this case.

It will be a sheer irresponsibility on the part of the govt to relax this lockdown in view of the recent geometric increase in confirmed cases.

However, the govt cannot continue with this lockdown without a suitable way of mitigating its attendant effect.

This is why creativity is one of the qualities of a good leader. Leadership is not just about allocating huge govt resources to yourselves. Now is the time to demonstrate those qualities of a good leader we used to read in textbooks. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Salvador1: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2020
No matter what the economy says me and my family will never beg for food.

Amen.

14 Likes

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Simplyleo: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
Saao:
They don't know anything aside lockdown? The federal government should look for a better way cop the virus than lockdown. We are lockdown, the virus is on the increase, common sense should tell them that we can look for better way than the lockdown.
Since it is a common sense, can you suggest a better way? Some govt agencies are on the lookout for better suggestions and I'm sure some of them are on the social media including nairaland.

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Kylekent59: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
A time would come when it will be the FG vs the masses, and i am very sure you all know who would win

Your palliatives didn't reach the poorest of the poor, neither did your compensation (money), i wonder the people that got the palliatives.

In my area i haven't seen any that has gotten, just only on social media.

It is better they find a way to curb this plague, or better still ask people for their individual solutions on how to tackle the damn virus.

I need to fight for the poor, else, them go con rob me for my house.

They just have 7 days to reason, we cannot continue to be on lock-down when they ain't feeding us.

How would parent pay their children school fees next term?

How would tenants pay their house rent this year?

How would people that have perishable goods in their various shops feel when they resume and see that everything has been damaged?

How would the daily earners feed during this lock down?

How would company pay their employees this period?

Most importantly, how am i gonna complete my building when my tenants have been at home for three weeks of which i pity for them. Now i can't collect my rent to complete my building. I have made it free till when the lock down is over.

Imagine a married woman in her 30's asking me to lend her 5k to feed her children, even if it means spending a night that she doesn't care..

I had to give her 10k and zoomed off after advising her not to sell her body.

This people in power don't know what's supping on the streets, how people live day-by-day.

Let us just know one thing, it shall come to past all these sufferings we are all facing now.

6 Likes

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by sageprime(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Create isolation centres, Increase testings per day

We will overcome Chinese virus cool
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by manuelreports: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
God will see us through

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2020
This lockdown is not doing me any good...

I AM BORED!!!
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
Each time this gov't talk, I feel like slapping the hell out of them. If only border was closed on time.
Anyway sha, you guys don't know what you are cooking.
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Wazirinjos12(m): 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
What is killing us inside is more than covid. Provide a means that our immune system will be strong enough for the covid to harm us not even killing us.
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Avalancheman: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
Whatever, total lockdowns MUST be ended. They are NOT working. They CANNOT work!
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by jonsnow12(m): 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Useless people!!
Seriously I feel like slapping these IDIOTS that calls themselves our Leaders.

You still have the mouth talk this trash
Nigerians are paying for the incompetence of these Govts. Simple something that could have been avoided if the necessary action was taken earlier.

See how they threw caution out of the window during the burial of Abba Kyari.
Shebi after Dem contact and share this deadly virus among themselves we'll be the ones to pay the price by staying at home?

I wish I knew how to send THUNDER to stupid people... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Johnnyessence(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kwara Poly Mechanical Engineering students designed this hand-wash machine for public use. Wow what a good work done by the students. watch the interesting video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JmlU6V0yt4
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:

Since it is a common sense, can you suggest a better way? Some govt agencies are on the lookout for better suggestions and I'm sure some of them are on the social media including nairaland.

As if government agencies will hear?.. All the advise we have been given them since.. Did they heed?
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by BerlinGado(m): 8:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
I guess 2023
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by BerlinGado(m): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Useless government
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Simplyleo: 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

As if government agencies will hear?.. All the advise we have been given them since.. Did they heed?
Which advice?

Advice like, Buhari should remove his cap or video himself so that lamidi cownu will agree he is alive? angry
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Neyoohpompy(m): 8:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
we are in for a long ride
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Corporate2020: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
Saao:

US, EU, Asia, Australia are all on lockdown. Please Mr Brilliant, bring your own better idea or shut the fucck up you failure
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Powerintoxicate: 8:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Kylekent59:
A time would come when it will be the FG vs the masses, and i am very sure you all know who would win

Your palliatives didn't reach the poorest of the poor, neither did your compensation (money), i wonder the people that got the palliatives.

In my area i haven't seen any that has gotten, just only on social media.

It is better they find a way to curb this plague, or better still ask people for their individual solutions on how to tackle the damn virus.

I need to fight for the poor, else, them go con rob me for my house.

They just have 7 days to reason, we cannot continue to be on lock-down when they ain't feeding us.

How would parent pay their children school fees next term?

How would tenants pay their house rent this year?

How would people that have perishable goods in their various shops feel when they resume and see that everything has been damaged?

How would the daily earners feed during this lock down?

How would company pay their employees this period?

Most importantly, how am i gonna complete my building when my tenants have been at home for three weeks of which i pity for them. Now i can't collect my rent to complete my building. I have made it free till when the lock down is over.

Imagine a married woman in her 30's asking me to lend her 5k to feed her children, even if it means spending a night that she doesn't care..

I had to give her 10k and zoomed off after advising her not to sell her body.

This people in power don't know what's supping on the streets, how people live day-by-day.

Let us just know one thing, it shall come to past all these sufferings we are all facing now.
oh nice. You gave her 10k while there have been so many guys here asking for just 1k. Well done

2 Likes

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by helinues: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Oga oo
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Saao(m): 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Corporate2020:

US, EU, Asia, Australia are all on lockdown. Please Mr Brilliant, bring your own better idea or shut the fucck up you failure
cray fish brain. Because US and EU are on lockdown so we should go the same way? And since u worshiped those countries, are they succeeding? Over 40,000 died within 24 hours in US, u call that success? Why can't Africans be different for once? The level of death that comes with the lockdown are higher than the covid 19 victims and u called that success? Next time please just read and go, that's maturity, some discussions are higher than you.

4 Likes

Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Saao(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:

our government don't listen, I already sent them an email twice
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by chidekings(m): 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Saao:
cray fish brain. Because US and EU are on lockdown so we should go the same way? And since u worshiped those countries, are they succeeding? Over 40,000 died within 24 hours in US, u call that success? Why can't Africans be different for once? The level of death that comes with the lockdown are higher than the covid 19 victims and u called that success? Next time please just read and go, that's maturity, some discussions are higher than you.
The way most of you peddle numbers eh.over 40,000 in a single day?
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Saao(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
chidekings:

The way most of you peddle numbers eh.over 40,000 in a single day?
you don't know?.Google it. And check CNN. It's all over the media.
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by jom28gy(m): 10:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
This is evidence of incapable government, during Ebola, where did they locked,I know with the set of people you're made of,no hope, but God is involved
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by chidekings(m): 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Saao:
Stop it,40,000 can never die in a day .it is the grand total that have died since the virus began in USA
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Overself: 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Simplyleo:
The hands of the fed govt are tied in this case.

It will be a sheer irresponsibility on the part of the govt to relax this lockdown in view of the recent geometric increase in confirmed cases.

However, the govt cannot continue with this lockdown without a suitable way of mitigating its attendant effect.

This is why creativity is one of the qualities of a good leader. Leadership is not just about allocating huge govt resources to yourselves. Now is the time to demonstrate those qualities of a good leader we used to read in textbooks. undecided
Zombie? Are u indirectly, calling ur master Buhari a dumbass? grin
Re: FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria by Zikar: 11:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
Saao:

Guy no dey embarrass yourself na. 40,000+ is the total number of confirmed deaths in USA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daughter Of Abba Kyari Slams Nigerians For Saying Her Dad Cause Nigeria's Proble / Obi Is Sinking Very Bad In The North, The Waters Are Too Deep For Him / Enugu Airport Undergoes Upgrade For International Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.