Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. (4348 Views)

Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 / I Lost My Phone Last Week..how Do I Track It / 10 Ways To Make Your Cell Phone Last Longer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Some people use phones for just some months, while some use phones for years. All things being equal, disregarding if your phone was stolen or misplaced. How long do you use mobile phones. For mine have been using my phone since July 2018, and I have no plans of changing it anytime soon, and on the average I use phones for at least 18 months. How long does phones last with you generally?
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Ladylite: 9:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
squarelead:
Thinking of it, some people use phones for just some months, while some use phones for years. All things being equal, disregarding if your phone was stolen or misplaced. How long do you use mobile phones. For mine have been using my phone since July 2018, and I have no plans of changing it anytime soon, and on the average I use phones for at least 18 months. How long does phones last with you generally?

As long as it's not stolen. Why are you thinking of it... Is there nothing better to think of?

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by DarkJeddi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2020
16 months and counting.

The way things are going,I will still be using it till the end of the year..

But then..

I've not seen anything better,for the price am willing to pay.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by KrazyDave16(m): 1:39am On Apr 21, 2020
Depends on if the device got a solid build and decent/flagship specs recognized all over the world, not the ones recognized by some of our brothers and sisters (you know yourselves)

9 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by MayenKudi: 4:00am On Apr 21, 2020
it all depends on affordability, maintenance and durability. some people change phones in months, but if your device is durable you can use it for upto 1 or 2 years too, i have been using my camon device for quite a while

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by ibawon(m): 4:24am On Apr 21, 2020
2 flagships later

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by eki2000(m): 5:20am On Apr 21, 2020
It depends on the quality of the device, If it is Nokia or Samsung which I buy costly. Like my Nokia 6.1 plus which bought 70k last November, am using it till 2021. The specs are ok.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by MJBOLT: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
10 years

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Nice question!
all things being equal, using a good flagship phone like samsung 'S' series etc for 2yrs aint bad.
its ok

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Kingsasian(m): 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
So long as the OS is not more than three years old.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by skywalker240(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Depends on if the device got a solid build and decent/flagship specs recognized all over the world, not the ones recognized by some of our brothers and sisters (you know yourselves)
grin

our "CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE" brothers and sisters AKA

thou knowest thyself grin

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by yeman1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
All my phones are not up to a year.. is either stolen or d phone died itself . I wanna buy a brand new phone that is not more than 65k but I still don't know which one can last longer

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by flokii: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
As long as possible so far you don't get tired of it or misplace it..
I've had mine since I can't remember, still very sound and gallant.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
I think my phone is older than Nigeria and it's still sound and beautiful. It's my best friends and my pet.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
I feel a year and half is ok
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Adasun(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lols,i have been using my nokia 112 since 2012.never had an android to call mine yet sha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Mohbola(f): 8:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
As long as you want, its your choice.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by ojotobiloba1: 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
Mine will clocks 3 years next week and I don't even think of changing the phone... Not a phone freak though
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
I change phone every 6months max, now gotten Xiaomi phone and it's 9month already.

The reason I change it like that is I don't like my phone to get fault at all. And I sold it almost same price I bought it.

I have actually plan to sell this but the offer is not attractive and money is not coming in cos of this lockdown.

I'll surely get new one after the lockdown

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by honsule(m): 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
ojotobiloba1:
Mine will clocks 3 years next week and I don't even think of changing the phone... Not a phone freak though

correct. just like me. RN 4, clocking 3 yrs by September this yr, everything still intact. Not planning on changing the phone

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Blastedholligan: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2020
Depends on you o. I've been using my phone(Tecno Camon x) for so long. Nothing don spoil
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Idiotmod: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
iPhone X since dec 2017. Still new with pouch, don’t have plan of changing it

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Reallv: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
my samsung A710 is over 2yrs now.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by MrReeseG(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
Reallv:

No be him you dey find LCD screen for?
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2020
Reallv:

MrReeseG:

No be him you dey find LCD screen for?

lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Goddys(m): 9:01am On May 06, 2020
Mine is 7 years old. Not a single issue since I bought it. Battery still last long. Huawei is bae
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 06, 2020
Most iPhone users hardly think of getting a replacement except for show off or show biz. That device is strong and replacement part is cheap.

I can remember my iPhone 8 falling through the window in a fast speeding car on lekki ajah express way, in fact the phone flew not dropped, my people that phone is still solid, never repaired it, only had an hair line crack on screen and edges scratch. Just change battery if you wish after some years, that’s all. I think wizkid is still using his iPhone 6 even if he has others.

A brand new iPhone or a good uk or us used iphone will last you years without issues, And will have a strong second hand value in the market when you want to upgrade.

I was a big Samsung galaxy s series fan tho, from s6 to s8+ but you see ehn, if ur Samsung screen should have fault, that phone is gone. You can buy a brand new s10 for 260k today and sell 90k tomorrow if the screen should crack angry
Was Really impressed by iPhone after the switch

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by edoairways: 1:26pm On May 06, 2020
4 years don't ask me why
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 06, 2020
currently using the xsmax,mine is 9months already i plan to change it wen the iphone12 comes out

1 Like

Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 8:40pm On May 06, 2020
Daveybos:
Most iPhone users hardly think of getting a replacement except for show off or show biz. That device is strong and replacement part is cheap.

I can remember my iPhone 8 falling through the window in a fast speeding car on lekki ajah express way, in fact the phone flew not dropped, my people that phone is still solid, never repaired it, only had an hair line crack on screen and edges scratch. Just change battery if you wish after some years, that’s all. I think wizkid is still using his iPhone 6 even if he has others.

A brand new iPhone or a good uk or us used iphone will last you years without issues, And will have a strong second hand value in the market when you want to upgrade.

I was a big Samsung galaxy s series fan tho, from s6 to s8+ but you see ehn, if ur Samsung screen should have fault, that phone is gone. You can buy a brand new s10 for 260k today and sell 90k tomorrow if the screen should crack angry
Was Really impressed by iPhone after the switch

Serious one here. Planning on getting Samsung before o shocked
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by squarelead(m): 8:41pm On May 06, 2020
edoairways:
4 years don't ask me why

Haba, how you want Phone producers and marketers sell. 4 whole years.
Re: How Long Should a mobile phone last with an individual. by edoairways: 8:50pm On May 06, 2020
squarelead:

Haba, how you want Phone producers and marketers sell. 4 whole years.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need To Make My Opera Mini Work / TECNO Camon C9 Vs Infinix Zero 3 / Is 9mobile From Mars (their Unique Offering)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.