Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932918 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
Damian457:
Guys please what’s with the covid test requirement for traveling? I want to visit the US Next month and I understand i am required to get a covid negative test before boarding. Can I buy my ticket before doing the test? What if the test is yet to be processed on my travel date? Or do I wait till i get the result before buying tickets?

You can get your ticket anytime but you must do your test at least 72 hours before your flight, as for ticket, I can assist... ask around.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Diran23:
Hello Everyone,

My name is Diran, I am a business man in the automobile industry. I have done quite a number of cars/containers over the years. So I have just received an invitation letter from my shipper(Company) in the USA.

My cooperate and personal account statement is very good and additionally, I am only looking to explore business opportunities over there

I'll need help to get through this step by step any advice will be appreciated.

Thank You.

For now, almost every conference in U.S is virtual.... I will advise you to look for another reason to visit U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Teau:
Hello

You may not be allowed to board because your passport expires less than 6months from your travel date. My advise is that you renew your Nigerian PASSPORT. This doesn't affect your US visa but you would need BOTH passport when travelling since the visa is on the old passport.
Hope this helps.

It doesn't matter for Nigerian, the only thing is that CBP would stamp the remaining months on your passport as your validity instead of the standard 6 months.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyllionaire(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good day house, pls if I want to apply for a vacation visa with my family (My wife and a year old baby), are we going to fill thesame DS 160 form or we are going to fill different DS 160 form?. And Will I also need to get an international passport for my 1 year old boy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 22, 2021
seyewest:

You can get your ticket anytime but you must do your test at least 72 hours before your flight, as for ticket, I can assist... ask around.

Get your covid result before ticket,most times the result delays..happened to my in law.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:02am On Jan 22, 2021
Ninisun:

Get your covid result before ticket,most times the result delays..happened to my in law.

do you know expensive the ticket would cost...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2021
PLease gurus in the house help with this question.
when filling ds160 form the path where it was asked do you have social media account should i filled it or leave it as no? as anyone filled it recently thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
This is my worry too. I don’t want a situation where my result will be delayed

Ninisun:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Please, has anyone had their Visit visa interview Recently? Could you share your transcript?
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyllionaire(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dammyllionaire:
Good day house, pls if I want to apply for a vacation visa with my family (My wife and a year old baby), are we going to fill thesame DS 160 form or we are going to fill different DS 160 form?. And Will I also need to get an international passport for my 1 year old boy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
pls did u filled form recenlty did you filled th path of social mdia
customised87:
Please, has anyone had their Visit visa interview Recently? Could you share your transcript?
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ninisun:

Remember COVID Result is supposed to be valid within 72 hours upon arrival at destination.
So how will you advise this is handled?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=Dammyllionaire post=98328001][/quote]

Yes. Everybody must have a Passport.
Gone are the days of endorsing minors on parents passport.

Same as DS160

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyllionaire(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
fkj950ax:

Yes. Everybody must have a Passport.
Gone are the days of endorsing minors on parents passport.

Same as DS160

Okay, Thank you.

But if we fill different DS160, will we still be able to attend the visa interview together as a family?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dammyllionaire:

Okay, Thank you.

But if we fill different DS160, will we still be able to attend the visa interview together as a family?

Yes.
You will book a single appointment in USTravelDoc portal and list all the DS160 numbers as group/family.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
boss
pls the social media section show i leave it blank or fill it?

fkj950ax:

Yes.
You will book a single appointment in USTravelDoc portal and list all the DS160 numbers as group/family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
seyewest:

do you know expensive the ticket would cost...
Depends on the Flight,he's was up to a million and just two stop overs...go for the one you can afford.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
fkj950ax:

Remember COVID Result is supposed to be valid within 72 hours upon arrival at destination.
So how will you advise this is handled?

My in law did his in US and got the result after four days and this made him to miss his previously booked flight cos he felt the result would come out earlier.
If you ain't that bouyant,book your flight earlier and make sure your covid result will be ready a day before your flight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyllionaire(m): 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
fkj950ax:

Yes.

Okay.... Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
pufframmy:
boss
pls the social media section show i leave it blank or fill it?

If I were you, I will fill it.
But don't throw away your opinions that made you hesitate filling it and to ask. Weigh it well. Delete content if you have to.

The Trump administration included that to profile/track people intending to travel to the US with history or an affinity to terrorism, religious extremism, racism/tribalism, etc etc.

And its also used to vet status adjustment

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ninisun:

My in law did his in US and got the result after four days and this made him to miss his previously booked flight cos he felt the result would come out earlier.
If you ain't that bouyant,book your flight earlier and make sure your covid result will be ready a day before your flight.

This is plausible.

But in Nigeria, to get a seat on an international flight within 2 days of departure is going to be mad expensive, and those flights would be fully paid for, you may not get a booking or seat. Your economy ticket will be almost same as someone who bought business class months ago.

I used a Lagos State/BioBank/NCDC centre just at the LASUTH bridge, Ikeja for mine and I got my result via email in 24 hours.
Clina Lab, Mobolaji Bank Anthony way

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
Thank you for the response bro God bless you
fkj950ax:

If I were you, I will fill it.
But don't throw away your opinions that made you hesitate filling it and to ask. Weigh it well. Delete content if you have to.

The Trump administration included that to profile/track people intending to travel to the US with history or an affinity to terrorism, religious extremism, racism/tribalism, etc etc.

And its also used to vet status adjustment

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 23, 2021
fkj950ax:

This is plausible.

But in Nigeria, to get a seat on an international flight within 2 days of departure is going to be mad expensive, and those flights would be fully paid for, you may not get a booking or seat. Your economy ticket will be almost same as someone who bought business class months ago.

I used a Lagos State/BioBank/NCDC centre just at the LASUTH bridge, Ikeja for mine and I got my result via email in 24 hours.

Wow
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Damian457: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2021
24hrs? Wow
fkj950ax:

This is plausible.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by arro: 11:15am On Jan 23, 2021
Please is it advice able to reapply for us visiting Visa now or summer time, single or family trip, is the social Media information Vita or I can just leave it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2021
Dammyllionaire:

Okay, Thank you.

Once your application is submitted, then a question pops up if you want to add another applicant to your application or start a new application. So you can add those that are traveling with. Also note that u have to add everyone when scheduling your appointment and ensure that passport numbers and DS 160 confirmation numbers are mapped correctly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bossman(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
You can do the covid test at one of those Rapid testing clinics/labs that provide the results in 15 minutes. That's the one I used when I traveled to Naija last November.

Ninisun:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2021
Bossman:
You can do the covid test at one of those Rapid testing clinics/labs that provide the results in 15 minutes. That's the one I used when I traveled to Naija last November.

Very true, Covid-19 test's results aren't as difficult as presented. Few of my colleagues had had the tests and their results were all out in less than 24 hours. I don't know how it works anywhere else but the results will be out in less than 72 hours in Nigeria ��
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hazardd(m): 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2021
Pls how much is USA visa application now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hazardd(m): 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2021
Janet200:

Go to the K1 session and ask your question, from my opinion there is still approval for K1. K1 does not fall under immigrant visa
pls how much is visa application now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by coldsummer: 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2021
Does anyone know if the US embassy in Abuja is allowing visa appointment for visitors?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enny010514: 7:20pm On Jan 23, 2021
Thanks, From your comment below, l think the problem is the airline not at the POE abi?

You may not be allowed to board because your passport expires less than 6months from your travel date. My advise is that you renew your Nigerian PASSPORT. This doesn't affect your US visa but you would need BOTH passport when travelling since the visa is on the old passport.
Hope this helps.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Zihno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.