Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (943548 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knowhowk: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
[quote author=TheEnforcer post=111794622]People adjust status all the time.If he is single and the woman is single they can get married,and as long as the marriage is bonafide,he ll get his green card.Thats all the UScis wanna confirm. You can fall in love after 90 days and get married;but not before 90 days[/quo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uwosom: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hello, on my ds 160 form I picked Lagos as my location.
Can I still pick Abuja location for my Dropbox appointment?

Also, do I have to go to Abuja to drop my documents or can I send using dhl? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 12:01am On Apr 10, 2022
Maxchu:
Not me sir .. I'm in Nigeria Being Nice is my own Personal Statement shouldn't be quoted sir..Just Mentioned that ,Reason I'm enquiring for a safe step.. Immigration LawyerGood advise ..Okay sir.Thanks

I’m a woman and you are welcome �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:15am On Apr 10, 2022
puffmama:

You are right but if someone decides to faith it and it works for the person , isn't that favour .

Please let's stop confusing the country with these concepts that aren't even in the Bible.

Also, the US Visa system works in a computerized manner, like many other systems.

The program or line of code is to identify today's date and subtract 2 years, which is then cross referenced with the date on your expired visa. Even if a US Embassy staff accepts the passport, the portal won't allow it to be processed.

Faith and Grace according to Christianity doesn't influence such things.

It won't work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 12:43am On Apr 10, 2022
I’ll agree with you on this. We can’t “live in sin”(disobey a simple instruction) and expect “grace to abound”. The system, as explained, is computerized and is meant to lack human empathy…

However, as a machine, it can experience occasional malfunction (though rare but a possibility)…which we count as luck…lol

fkj950ax:

Please let's stop confusing the country with these concepts that aren't even in the Bible.

Also, the US Visa system works in a computerized manner, like many other systems.

The program or line of code is to identify today's date and subtract 2 years, which is then cross referenced with the date on your expired visa. Even if a US Embassy staff accepts the passport, the portal won't allow it to be processed.

Faith and Grace according to Christianity doesn't influence such things.

It won't work

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:33am On Apr 10, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dampops:
I’ll agree with you on this. We can’t “live in sin”(disobey a simple instruction) and expect “grace to abound”. The system, as explained, is computerized and is meant to lack human empathy…

However, as a machine, it can experience occasional malfunction (though rare but a possibility)…which we count as luck…lol

Luck, malfunction , favour of whatever we call it, some people tried it and got the visas .

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Uwosom:
Hello, on my ds 160 form I picked Lagos as my location.
Can I still pick Abuja location for my Dropbox appointment?

Also, do I have to go to Abuja to drop my documents or can I send using dhl? Thanks

If you want to use Abuja, you will need to fill another form and indicate Abuja, no you.can not send by DHL, you have to go yourself.

However , I have heard of people who submitted for their parents, spouses and children.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uwosom: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
puffmama:

If you want to use Abuja, you will need to fill another form and indicate Abuja, no you.can not send by DHL, you have to go yourself.

However , I have heard of people who submitted for their parents, spouses and children.

Thank you! Does that mean I can fill a new ds160 form even though I have previously filled and submitted one?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by infofta(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2022
A friend of mine got below message from the US embassy asking him to pay 130 South African rand after a year of keeping his passport. Does it mean he got the visa?

(There will be a payment that has to be made in order for the consulate to release this passport. The fee will be R130. Once confirmation received as to which DHL branch we should transfer, you will receive a link whereby payment can be made.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
Uwosom:

Thank you! Does that mean I can fill a new ds160 form even though I have previously filled and submitted one?

Yes but.not within 48 hrs of your interview or submission I believe

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 7:58am On Apr 11, 2022
US VISA IW APPOINTMENT?

Copy that which pertains to you and paste in your browser only if you are ready to work with DIY teams to achieve this.

IW LAGOS:

https://t.
me/
+dlRgY2o53UsxMTY0

IW ABUJA:

https:
//t.
me/
+7WG0RFZ1rIUxOTdk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kgirl29: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2022
good morning fellow Nigerians smiley

Is anyone up to date with the CDC/NCDC covid laws for this April and subsequent months?

I need to be sure that it's just vaccination card that is required for travelling and not that and a negative pcr. Ideas from a recent traveler will be well appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pappybarry(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
Good afternoon house. Please what are my chances of getting a visa to visit someone I haven't seen physically before? We have been friends virtually for over a year now. The person is going to send an invite. Please has anyone ever been approved to visit a virtual friend in the US? Thanks for your contribution
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FabioPeter: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
At the interview, you get to hear the questions asked other people. On one occasion A couple had requested for visa to attend the wedding of a childhood friend, the VO asked for the name of her friend's fiance, they didnt know and they were denied visa. My point is the chances are slim when its an online friend. Getting a date makes it tougher as you may not get a date until 2024. I recommend you build your travel history in the next two years by visiting countries in Europe , Dubai, Africa and apply to visit the US for tourism purpose afterwards, don't tie you visit/application to anyone.

pappybarry:
Good afternoon house. Please what are my chances of getting a visa to visit someone I haven't seen physically before? We have been friends virtually for over a year now. The person is going to send an invite. Please has anyone ever been approved to visit a virtual friend in the US? Thanks for your contribution
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knowhowk: 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
FabioPeter:
At the interview, you get to hear the questions asked other people. On one occasion A couple had requested for visa to attend the wedding of a childhood friend, the VO asked for the name of her friend's fiance, they didnt know and they were denied visa. My point is the chances are slim when its an online friend. Getting a date makes it tougher as you may not get a date until 2024. I recommend you build your travel history in the next two years by visiting countries in Europe , Dubai, Africa and apply to visit the US for tourism purpose afterwards, don't tie you visit/application to anyone.

. Most People wants to Japa and doesn't want to come back ..All these Build this Build to that is not the what they want ,Many doesn't even have the money to travel to Europe they just want to travel once and that is it..The Europe U talked about is not even easy to Obtain their Visa.Africa no Problem

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teminio: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2022
Good evening everyone

Please how many times can someone change appointment/interview date?
Giving non-availability of dates in 2022/2023, is it advisable to withhold picking a date after filling DS form or is it okay to pick a date while checking for a closer date?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DeZoro(m): 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2022
Pls I ñeed advice. I was scheduled to go for my visa appointment in April but the embassy discretionary changed my date to March 2022 and didn't get a an email to that effect. Unfortunately, I missed the date and thr next date was in 2023. Even at that instance of change of date by the embassy, my passport was with the immigration for renewal. I had called the support agent and all they said was that they are sorry in an email. Pls can someone advise?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2022
I think it's better u wait till 2023 for another appointment as u missed the appointed date in March. Calling the support center won't really get a date for u but u cud try. 2023 is not too far if u look at it (hope it's in early 2023 though). And if it's not for something work or business related pls just wait till then. If Ur pressed for time, u can forgo the visa fee paid and try to book an earlier date.

Thanks

DeZoro:
Pls I ñeed advice. I was scheduled to go for my visa appointment in April but the embassy discretionary changed my date to March 2022 and didn't get a an email to that effect. Unfortunately, I missed the date and thr next date was in 2023. Even at that instance of change of date by the embassy, my passport was with the immigration for renewal. I had called the support agent and all they said was that they are sorry in an email. Pls can someone advise?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FabioPeter: 8:58am On Apr 12, 2022
If you want to Japa, better go through student route, get an admission to a university, you got a beeter chance to get legitimate work visa afterwards.

knowhowk:
. Most People wants to Japa and doesn't want to come back ..All these Build this Build to that is not the what they want ,Many doesn't even have the money to travel to Europe they just want to travel once and that is it..The Europe U talked about is not even easy to Obtain their Visa.Africa no Problem
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aadewa: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2022
Hello,

Please ,is it possible to submit IW documents by proxy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by slimmsyyetty: 9:20am On Apr 12, 2022
Never u drop your passport to anyone to help you obtain a visa except you go in to the consulate and your passport was collected by a VO
Lordkross:

@dampops I thank you very much for your valuable contribution as always.

I am not using the guy, not at all. I would rather pay 67k ten times over to sum it up at 670k than pay 1M plus to any consular or their emissaries.

I only wanted the house to know what my experience was and what I think could be a deliberate denials just so that some desperate people would have to pay that 1M for reversal.

I calculated that amount by 30 denial a day to be 30M Naira - Hmmm! Who no go want that kind footballer salary? grin

This also made me realize that all this interview dates you hear agents collecting money's for, how do they surface?

Something is wrong somewhere. For Abuja here some people paid 1.5M for dates and got dates within a month, I know of one or two people like that.

My fight is for them to stop painting us as fraudulent when they are our chiefs.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lordkross(m): 10:58am On Apr 12, 2022
slimmsyyetty:

Never u drop your passport to anyone to help you obtain a visa except you go in to the consulate and your passport was collected by a VO

Sure. I won't make that kind of mistake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 11:47am On Apr 12, 2022
Pls if he finds love and wants to get married to the lady , he should go ahead but he should not plan to return until he has gotten all his papers as filling under marriage visa can take a course of 6 to 8yrs if done from Nigeria but can get his papers within 2 to 3 yrs if filled in usa . Many people got their papers through that means and let him not come back if already overstay his 6months as he wont get visa easily.
Maxchu:
Hello, I want to ask a question ,A friend is in the US Presently ,He Traveled with Tourist Visa He has Spents 3 Months Now .

He Met a Nigerian Lady who is a Citizen in a Mall ,He heard the Woman Speaks her Dialects,he Greeted her ,Well they became friends ,Visits ,they became intimate Friends Etc Started . According to what He Told me ,I have chatted live with both of them via Videos and Phone .He told me She is one of the first set of Nigerians that Won Visa Lottery when it was Sooo New Many Years ago .

The Woman is a single mother of one ,Lives alone .

The Relationship is getting so deep that they are planning to marry each other .

His Tourist Visa Would Expire in 3 months time, I'm Advising him not to Overstay his Tourist Visa .I also advised that He could get Married to her ,Obtain Marriage Certificate then get back to Nigeria then she can File for him ,Spouse Visa ....

I have not Traveled before to USA ,I only read about Travelling Experiences ..Please Folks that have Experience ...I need your Input on this ..

He is a very Nice Fellow ,I have heard that Overstaying after Visa Expiration can be So Bad ..

Waiting for your Advise .
It's Urgent..Thanks .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2022
If he overstays as far as he doesn't return to Nigeria, he will find his feet and get fixed up as most Nigerian are super helpful as far as immigration is concerned. I hv had first hand experience in this but i left Usa cos I couldn't bear the workload and stress attached to their perceived comfort living but most of the people i met have their papers now and most applied through marriage
uchetobi:

You, him whoever is the true person in this situation should seek legal advise from an immigration lawyer.

Him being a nice fellow is irrelevant to the case completely.

If he’s sure they are getting married he can adjust status over there in the USA even though his visa has expired but if he overstays and they don’t get married he’s screwed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gracemama: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2022
Hello, house,
Pls, can a Visa be granted on a passport that will expire in less than 6months? Our interview is in May and my Son passport will expire in August.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zzzzlove: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
B1/B2 Fresh/New VISA Appointments

Telegram group (DIY)
If you’re interested in participating in an active group where you can check available dates on an hourly basis. Join the group using this link

htt$ps$:$//$t.$me/$Fresh$US$visa

Remove every dollar sign $ and paste the link to join
Or simply search FreshUSvisa on telegram

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teminio: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2022
How many times can someone change interview/appointment dates?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by belle16: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2022
I believe the requirement is not less than 6 months validity on your passport.

Gracemama:
Hello, house,
Pls, can a Visa be granted on a passport that will expire in less than 6months? Our interview is in May and my Son passport will expire in August.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by belle16: 4:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
You must possess a passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).#copied

Gracemama:
Hello, house,

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2022
flourishing247:

Before deciding to stay back he should first check if he can change status. I know for a fact that some visas are issued with conditions. There's always a note attached to it stating that no change of status is permitted using the current visa.
There's no such thing baba.Not even sure that is legal.Anyone can change status with the uscis
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:17pm On Apr 12, 2022
TheEnforcer:
There's no such thing baba.Not even sure that is legal.Anyone can change status with the uscis

If at PoE, you have a B1/B2 and "No AOS" or "No EOS" is annotated, you can't change with USCIS. Even marriage won't be possible

Part of POTUS 45 policies still in place - Student Visa can't file for asylum.
You have 6 months after graduation and automatically out of status
Student Visa can only remain legal (not PR/green card) if you get a job via OPT or a company sponsors you for H1B.
You keep renewing your employment status. Once you don't keep a job, you are out of status.
You can only exit student status if you get married, or your employer (H1B) sponsors your Green Card petition because you have been a good staff.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: okomoney, ugomnaanny and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.