Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927555 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by khar: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2022
Pilot4Airbus:

You’ll have to request for an emergency but you have to book the appointment first by selecting whatever date you see available.

Thank you very much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omoluv5: 11:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please is it possible to postpone a US visit visa interview appointment? Can the new appointment be scheduled and attended in another country without having to come back to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
My guess here is that it's entirely up to VO to grant the renewal or not. And this is during the 221G interview as am 99% sure u will called for a follow up once u input the length of time u stayed to give birth on ur DS160.

First things first, u will have to state the correct time or a near correct time as an off estimate will mean u setting urself up for denial

If u were issued a medical visa for childbirth from the onset then ur visa will be renewed automatically during Dropbox. Even at that, if there are some issues detected at the point of renewal (payment issues etc) then will u be told to come for follow-up

Am sure most people that didn't have a medical visa for childbirth but used B1B2 visa for childbirth in late 2020/2021 did so after their first visits upon renewal. Depending on how things went at POE and if they made all payments for the childbirth, those people will certainly be called for follow-up interview. Those that went to give birth with B1B2 who stated tourism/pleasure as their main purpose for initial visit and told the CBP officer at the POE same but went on to give birth might get an outright denial

I know a friend who declared at POE that she came to give birth on a B1B2 and was allowed to enter.

So it depends on ur story, the VO and that u made sure u paid ur bills. Those with earlier birthing experiences might be let go with a warning.

So goodluck

MaryAndrews:
Please has anyone here who gave birth with a B1/B2 visa in 2021 or late 2020 and was called for a 221G follow up interview had their visa renewed successfully?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hello everyone. Is there a thread for passport renewal in the US?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Omoluv5:
Hello everyone.

Please is it possible to postpone a US visit visa interview appointment? Can the new appointment be scheduled and attended in another country without having to come back to Nigeria?

Yes you can choose a later date. I don't think a new appointment to another country can be made except you apply to that country from the scratch
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
JohnZak:
Hey guys! I have gotten valuable information from this thread so I figure I will give back. I know some folks had questions about the IW submission process in Abuja. My mum had her IW appointment in Abuja this morning. She submitted her documents at the DHL office and not the Embassy as we initially assumed. She was there for about 90 minutes before she was attended to. They checked her documents and everything was good. I know some on this thread had questions about whether a proxy can submit on behalf of the applicant, especially an older applicant. My mum told me that a woman at DHL this morning asked the same question and the DHL worker said it is not possible. The applicant has to submit in person. I will update when there is more information. Good luck everyone!

Good to know because I also just filled application for my parents @ Abuja and the appointment letter seems to suggest appointment at Embassy; pickup at DHL. Thanks for confirming dropoff location is DHL as well.

As to the other part of the question about proxy - I think it depends. If two or more family members are applying/traveling together - one of the applicants can drop off. It is clearly stated on the appointment letter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ossytony01(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
Good day everyone!

I need help with US Visa Interview Waiver program.

My wife submitted her passport for the Interview Waiver visa renewal at the Lagos embassy on 1st April 2022 but was returned without a visa, but was asked to come back in person to the embassy within one year period. Please see attached paper slip placed inside the returned passport which stated thus: "Come with your international passport. Ensure accurate bio-data and validity"

My question is does anyone have an idea why she's asked to return to the embassy for interview?

Some additional Info:
1. The appointment date was a week past the 24-month validity period due to the delay in getting a date
2. Never overstayed previous 2 visits, though had a baby during last visit 2 years ago

I need link to join the Lagos Telegram group. Thank you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 5:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
ossytony01:
Good day everyone!

My wife submitted her passport for the Interview Waiver visa renewal at the Lagos embassy on 1st April 2022 but was returned without a visa, but was asked to come back in person to the embassy within one year period. Please see attached paper slip placed inside the returned passport which stated thus: "Come with your international passport. Ensure accurate bio-data and validity"

My question is does anyone have an idea why she's asked to return to the embassy for interview?

Some additional Info:
1. The appointment date was a week past the 24-month validity period due to the delay in getting a date
2. Never overstayed previous 2 visits, though had a baby during last visit 2 years ago

Going by the additional information you provided, it may be because of the birthing that took place during the last visit. So let her go will all necessary documents attached to her birthing and answer any questions asked correctly.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
ossytony01:
Good day everyone!

Some additional Info:

Bros u don't need to join the telegram group for appointment. Just go on any Thursday (within the next year) for the follow-up.

Am sure it's coz of the baby she had the last time. Pls did she state the correct duration of stay the times she travelled? And did she pay her bills? Did she give birth on a B1B2 visa on a subsequent visit asides the first visit? And did she tell the CBP officer at POE that she came to give birth?

Pls have all receipts and evidences ready. Wish u goodluck.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bobority: 2:57am On Apr 17, 2022
Hey guys I need help with this please. My parents booked their usa visa appointments some years ago together. My mum was the principal applicant. Now, I would like to apply for just my dad so I tried to create a separate account for him. I got a message saying he is listed on my mum’s account. My mum had applied alone earlier this year. How can I create this separate account for my dad. TIA

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2022
Bobority:
Hey guys I need help with this please. My parents booked their usa visa appointments some years ago together. My mum was the principal applicant. Now, I would like to apply for just my dad so I tried to create a separate account for him. I got a message saying he is listed on my mum’s account. My mum had applied alone earlier this year. How can I create this separate account for my dad. TIA

Call the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2022
The gurus have responded correctly. The denial is most likely related to the “child birthing” during her last visit.
You don’t need to make any fresh appointment…just go to the embassy any Thursday between 6.30-9.30am. Arm yourself with necessary documents to prove that she isn’t indebted in any way…hope she notified the Border Police of her intention to give birth? I hope she did…
Go with the following documents:
1. The 221g white paper she was given
2. Ds160 confirmation page
3. Her international passport, of course
4. Other documents to prove her case…

Best of luck to her

ossytony01:
Good day everyone!

Some additional Info:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bali233: 4:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Please I need help. Trying to schedule an appointment for my parents in lagos under the new dropbox. No dates available. I have been checking for more than 2weeks now. What do I do pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by daysoffavor: 6:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
bali233:
Please I need help. Trying to schedule an appointment for my parents in lagos under the new dropbox. No dates available. I have been checking for more than 2weeks now. What do I do pls?

Join the telegram group....Go back a couple of pages the link is there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omoluv5: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
Oh okay.
Thanks

UmmZayd:

Yes you can choose a later date. I don't think a new appointment to another country can be made except you apply to that country from the scratch
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
ossytony01:
Good day everyone!

Some additional Info:

You were late and your wife does not qualify for IW.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
TWoods:

You were late and your wife does not qualify for IW.

I doubt if this was the case as your lateness was still permissible (due to difficulty in getting appointment dates). They wouldn't have collected ur docs/passport if they felt it wasn't permissible.

The VO handling ur application after submission also thought same if at all she/he considers the dates as they will handling plenty applications.

As I have said before, it's ur extended time spent on ur childbirth that's the red flag.

Just go with the said docs and have faith.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ossytony01(m): 1:10am On Apr 18, 2022
UmmZayd:

Going by the additional information you provided, it may be because of the birthing that took place during the last visit. So let her go will all necessary documents attached to her birthing and answer any questions asked correctly.

Best of luck

Thank you for the responses. We would revisit the embassy soon and will surely return here to share the outcome. Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ossytony01(m): 1:14am On Apr 18, 2022
DrStrangelove:

I doubt if this was the case as your lateness was still permissible (due to difficulty in getting appointment dates). They wouldn't have collected ur docs/passport if they felt it wasn't permissible.

The VO handling ur application after submission also thought same if at all she/he considers the dates as they will handling plenty applications.

As I have said before, it's ur extended time spent on ur childbirth that's the red flag.

Just go with the said docs and have faith.

Thank you for your inputs, very appreciated. Would definitely return here with the positive outcome of my wife getting issued the visa grin wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lionlee216(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2022
fkj950ax:

If at PoE, you have a B1/B2 and "No AOS" or "No EOS" is annotated, you can't change with USCIS. Even marriage won't be possible

USCIS is not bound by one of these stamps when they make their decisions(ther are no rules or legal requirements for USCIS to follow/obey that annotation. It's cbp agent's discretion and opinion.

Seen someone had status adjusted with that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:52am On Apr 18, 2022
UmmZayd:
Hello everyone. Is there a thread for passport renewal in the US?
Thanks

The NY or TX Consular Centres handles it depending on where you are in the US. I am not sure of DC.
Go to Nigeria Immigration website. Pick US location. Fill the form amd submit. You get a code to use in making payments. After payments, you book appointment at the location you selected.
Go there with your print outs on the day of the appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2022
The below statement is true as they are different agencies under different departments.

The CBP officer at POE felt there is something about ur visit and decided to make things difficult by annotating that. U can apply to extend with the USCIS and attach supporting documents which the officer at CBP decided they weren't relevant.

Though USCIS came out with an advisory around 2020 that they won't be entertaining extensions to annotated passports (am guessing this has to do with the increasing birthing cases with B1B2 visas), am not sure if this is still the case after Biden came on board.

Pls u can go ahead if u have very strong reasons to extend if not, just abide by the annotation.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

lionlee216:

USCIS is not bound by one of these stamps when they make their decisions(ther are no rules or legal requirements for USCIS to follow/obey that annotation. It's cbp agent's discretion and opinion.

Seen someone had status adjusted with that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2022
LAGOS US VISA IW APPOINTMENT?

Copy tand paste in your browser only if you are ready to work with DIY teams to achieve this.

https:
//t.
me/
LagosUSVisaIW
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
fkj950ax:

The NY or TX Consular Centres handles it depending on where you are in the US. I am not sure of DC.
Go to Nigeria Immigration website. Pick US location. Fill the form amd submit. You get a code to use in making payments. After payments, you book appointment at the location you selected.
Go there with your print outs on the day of the appointment.

Thank you for this. I know about all these. What I actually want to confirm is that DC additional charges for each applicant because that's like the closest to me. I'll just call them today to confirm because I've not seen anything on it. Thanks once again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ossytony01(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
DrStrangelove:

Bros u don't need to join the telegram group for appointment. Just go on any Thursday (within the next year) for the follow-up.

Am sure it's coz of the baby she had the last time. Pls did she state the correct duration of stay the times she travelled? And did she pay her bills? Did she give birth on a B1B2 visa on a subsequent visit asides the first visit? And did she tell the CBP officer at POE that she came to give birth?

Pls have all receipts and evidences ready. Wish u goodluck.

Thanks for the response. We're making plans to revisit the embassy. Would share feedback afterwards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shawlar(m): 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
ossytony01:
Good day everyone!

Some additional Info:

Like some peeps here have said already, its most likely due to the baby she had last time but I dont think they have ever made this statement "Come with your international passport. Ensure accurate bio-data and validity" in any of such cases that have come up here in the past couple of months. So asides from prepping for the questions on childbirth, also check the validity of her passport to ensure its still within the required number of months. If its a recently renewed passport, check and make sure there is no discrepancy btw its bio data & the previous one or btw it and the info on her ds160. Just to make sure you have covered all bases..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DeZoro(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Thanks.
DrStrangelove:
I think it's better u wait till 2023 for another appointment as u missed the appointed date in March. Calling the support center won't really get a date for u but u cud try. 2023 is not too far if u look at it (hope it's in early 2023 though). And if it's not for something work or business related pls just wait till then. If Ur pressed for time, u can forgo the visa fee paid and try to book an earlier date.

Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OGFX: 6:42am On Apr 19, 2022
Good day my wonderful people

Please i have a question to ask you all

Firstly, what can one do in respect of the 2 weeks COVID vaccination requirement before a travel date.
Calculating my intended date of departure, I wont meet the required 14 days because i haven't done my COVID vaccination.
A friend told me to take the Johnson single dose today which i intend to but I want to know first if there is anything or idea on how to avoid this 14 days deadline.

Secondly, what are the chances of someone going on a business visa to invest a lot of money on a project (music video project) for 2 weeks duration? A Friend said its 50-50 still while another opined that the chances are high because of the investment & tax to be profited but I need your contribution from experience.

Thank you all Nairalanders
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Guse: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2022
nunicelady:
LAGOS US VISA IW APPOINTMENT?

Copy tand paste in your browser only if you are ready to work with DIY teams to achieve this.

https:
//t.
me/
LagosUSVisaIW

Date opened for Dropbox now.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2022
I dont think US still issue a visiting visa. A colleague have tried 2 times and even denied again the 3rd time. Although in Lagos.
Any helpful information or advice is welcome.
Also DM me if necessary
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by didi4good: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2022
There are available slots for Lagos - Dropbox
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kgirl29: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2022
OGFX:
Good day my wonderful people

Please i have a question to ask you all

Firstly, what can one do in respect of the 2 weeks COVID vaccination requirement before a travel date.
Calculating my intended date of departure, I wont meet the required 14 days because i haven't done my COVID vaccination.
A friend told me to take the Johnson single dose today which i intend to but I want to know first if there is anything or idea on how to avoid this 14 days deadline.

Secondly, what are the chances of someone going on a business visa to invest a lot of money on a project (music video project) for 2 weeks duration? A Friend said its 50-50 still while another opined that the chances are high because of the investment & tax to be profited but I need your contribution from experience.

Thank you all Nairalanders

i think a negative PCR test would do. I may be wrong though

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: spikearlo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.