Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (963223 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (446) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2022
Good day everyone
Please I need help on what to do next, we discovered that there were 2 mistakes in our application
1. There was a mistake with my dads year of birth, we put 1954 instead of 1955
2. One of my brothers unofficial name was used mistakenly instead of his middle name, this unofficial name is not in any of his documents.
And would any of these mistakes affect the VO’s decision?

Please I need a reply asap, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
Arry110:
Good day everyone
Please I need help on what to do next, we discovered that there were 2 mistakes in our application
2. One of my brothers unofficial name was used mistakenly instead of his middle name, this unofficial name is not in any of his documents.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:19pm On Oct 12, 2022
Arry110:
Good day everyone

For context, clarify these using initials only with the format Last, first and middle name.

Name on his Passport
Name used in DS160
Name used in travel doc
Name in MRV fees

Does he have a birth certificate with this ‘unofficial’ name?

The mistake with your Dad’s DOB can be explained, even though it shouldn’t have happened. Both issues. VO won’t stress this I think. But your brothers name has to be cleared.

What name is used for the immigrant application?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ladylco: 2:36am On Oct 13, 2022
Arry110:
the petition won’t be revoked if the applicant was already in the us at the time of the death of the petitioner, if the applicant wasn’t in us the only route Is humanitarian reinstatement. Thank you all the same, everything would work out fine hopefully

The applicant in question is still in Nig, they recent got update on the filing for the DNA, the mum died in Nig and as at when she died 5 yrs ago she was just a green card holder, the other 2 children who filed for are now usa citizens

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2022
fkj950ax:

For context, clarify these using initials only with the format Last, first and middle name.

Name on his Passport
Name used in DS160
Name used in travel doc
Name in MRV fees

Does he have a birth certificate with this ‘unofficial’ name?

The mistake with your Dad’s DOB can be explained, even though it shouldn’t have happened. Both issues. VO won’t stress this I think. But your brothers name has to be cleared.

What name is used for the immigrant application?
No he doesn’t have any document with this unofficial name and his correct name was used on the petition.
Someone was telling me that we should email the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2022
ladylco:

The applicant in question is still in Nig, they recent got update on the filing for the DNA, the mum died in Nig and as at when she died 5 yrs ago she was just a green card holder, the other 2 children who filed for are now usa citizens
wow
I’ll look into to this and also send the screenshot to my siblings, thanks again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Naomimary: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hello guys! How are y’all doing? I need some help with applying for a US visit visa.

I’m currently in the UK studying for my MSC. Prior to moving to the UK, I’ve had a few travel experiences in Asia.
My friend (a Nigerian) lives in the USA. He’s got his papers, a good job and wants me to visit during Christmas.
Now, my problem is I’ve heard some discouraging info that I wouldn’t be given the visa.
I know there are a lot of people on here with good insight on the visa process. Please, kindly advice on how to start the process, what are some likely documents I would need (I have some but I’m not sure I’ve got them all), should I bother apply, and what are the do’s and don’ts of the application.

Thanks in advance y’all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2022
Arry110:

No he doesn’t have any document with this unofficial name and his correct name was used on the petition.
Someone was telling me that we should email the embassy

Was this unofficial name used as first name or middle name?

If middle name, he can explain it away as one of many names he has but he will prefer to have records reflect name on his passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 4:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
fkj950ax:

Was this unofficial name used as first name or middle name?

If middle name, he can explain it away as one of many names he has but he will prefer to have records reflect name on his passport.
it was used as middle name, ok thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by WomenInTech: 6:07pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hi NairaLand, I’m new to this forum but have followed for a while. Thank you for sharing such valuable info.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by WomenInTech: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2022
mercyaakan:

Same people we used in March for our appointments smiley

Were you successful in obtaining a visa? I’d like to invite my family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mercyaakan: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
It was a family application, my parents and my younger brother were issued visas but i wasn't. I filled in my form that I'm self sponsoring but didnt have my bank statement on me when VO asked. So I'm planning to apply again early next year when i build up my account

WomenInTech:

Were you successful in obtaining a visa? I’d like to invite my family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by WomenInTech: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
mercyaakan:
It was a family application, my parents and my younger brother were issued visas but i wasn't. I filled in my form that I'm self sponsoring but didnt have my bank statement on me when VO asked. So I'm planning to apply again early next year when i build up my account

Oh my, so sorry about that. Fingers crossed you have the same success when you reapply.

I mainly wanted to confirm the schedulers were legit and you helped do that, thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mercyaakan: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2022
Yes they are dear...we had no issues with them at all, noticed they're quite professional cool

WomenInTech:

Oh my, so sorry about that. Fingers crossed you have the same success when you reapply.

I mainly wanted to confirm the schedulers were legit and you helped do that, thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
uchetobi:
Hi, how long does it take to get your passport back after a successful interview or Dropbox in recent times!

Thank you.

Any response pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bola01234: 1:56am On Oct 15, 2022
Arry110:
1. Having a travel history proves you have hometies, and MAY increase your chance of getting a visa

2. There’s a huge backlog in Nigeria, I applied early last month and the date I got was October 2024. You can apply for an emergency appointment if it’s urgent , which is what I did

Pls how did u do it...I need it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bola01234: 2:08am On Oct 15, 2022
segsdynamic:

This issue is very simple... Getting appointment for US visa is not a magic. No matter you are an agent or indivudyal. The same process you will do to get your appointment yourself is the same process agent will take to get you the same appointment. Agent will only charge and collect your money
Try do the appointment yourself and which is the method I used in getting mine.
Thanks

Pls how did u do it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:37am On Oct 15, 2022
uchetobi:

Any response pls?

It can take as long as 6weeks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 5:48am On Oct 15, 2022
bola01234:

Pls how did u do it...I need it
I wrote a letter to them explaining why I need an early date, I’m going for a funeral so it qualifies for emergency appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bola01234: 6:57am On Oct 15, 2022
Arry110:
I wrote a letter to them explaining why I need an early date, I’m going for a funeral so it qualifies for emergency appointment

Thanks very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sydney070(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2022
Hello great minds,
Please I want to be sure of something.
What is/are the consequence(s) of creating a new CGI profile for VISA appointment? because I want to apply for VISA renewal.
I lost access to my old account because my old email was compromised and I can't even retrieve using FORGOT PASSWORD because I no longer have access to my old email.

Please, guys, what should I do?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:11pm On Oct 15, 2022
sydney070:
Hello great minds,
Please I want to be sure of something.
What is/are the consequence(s) of creating a new CGI profile for VISA appointment? because I want to apply for VISA renewal.
I lost access to my old account because my old email was compromised and I can't even retrieve using FORGOT PASSWORD because I no longer have access to my old email.

Please, guys, what should I do?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

Call the embassy. The will delete your old profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sydney070(m): 2:56am On Oct 16, 2022
flourishing247:

Call the embassy. The will delete your old profile.

Thank you so much. Please, can you share any of their numbers?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackblessed500(m): 6:38am On Oct 16, 2022
Naomimary:
Hello guys! How are y’all doing? I need some help with applying for a US visit visa.

I’m currently in the UK studying for my MSC. Prior to moving to the UK, I’ve had a few travel experiences in Asia.
My friend (a Nigerian) lives in the USA. He’s got his papers, a good job and wants me to visit during Christmas.
Now, my problem is I’ve heard some discouraging info that I wouldn’t be given the visa.
I know there are a lot of people on here with good insight on the visa process. Please, kindly advice on how to start the process, what are some likely documents I would need (I have some but I’m not sure I’ve got them all), should I bother apply, and what are the do’s and don’ts of the application.

Thanks in advance y’all.
Go for it
Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Naomimary: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2022
Blackblessed500:

Go for it
Good luck

Thank you �! I responded to your email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pancakes: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2022
Please has anyone gotten a date for Dropbox appointment (B1/B2 visa) since July?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2022
Naomimary:

Thanks in advance y’all.

If you are interviewing in the UK it will certainly revolve around how much leave to remain you have in the tcountry.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2022
sydney070:

Thank you so much. Please, can you share any of their numbers?

+23412278955

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (446) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.