Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927589 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bukyaras: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2022
Do you find out anything about this? Did the requirement change - some please assist?

Gvstavo:
I saw the question relating to visa issued after January 2020 as well . I thought i qualified for IW under the 24 months rule but its seems they changed the condition now. My visa was issued in April 2019 and it expired in April 2021. Do i still qualify for IW? Can anyone please help us clarify? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gvstavo: 12:38am On Nov 02, 2022
bukyaras:
Do you find out anything about this? Did the requirement change - some please assist?

I'm still looking for answers but I tried to schedule the in-person interview appointment. It asked if my visa expired less than 24 months ago. I selected yes and it said based on my response, i may qualify for IW appointment and it won't let me proceed. So I'm confused on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Formonix1342: 8:05am On Nov 02, 2022
Good morning!
I'm one of the affected people in the Abuja Us embassy scandal. My interview should be have being tomorrow �.
I want to write an email to the school and Us embassy, and I need a template/guide for it.

Should I write to the school or the US embassy first? I'm confused.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2022
fulljoy4264:

Good evening and congrats on your successful application. I have a similar application and I would like to know the documents you attached to support your application pls. Pls also let me know of I can reach you via email. Thank you.
Good morning ma, please my aunty is also applying to attend the funeral, what can she upload as a proof of relationship between her and my mum (they’re siblings), what did you use in your case when applying for an emergency request, I’m looking forward to your reply thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bukyaras: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2022
Same here!
Gvstavo:

I'm still looking for answers but I tried to schedule the in-person interview appointment. It asked if my visa expired less than 24 months ago. I selected yes and it said based on my response, i may qualify for IW appointment and it won't let me proceed. So I'm confused on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2022
PLease is there any update for the people who their interview date were cancelled

please if there is any usefull information kindly share with us
cause have not received any information on the reschedule i need to plan ahead o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by burk: 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2022
Good evening my people. Hope we all had a stress free activities today? I attended my US visa interview today, after series of questions and answers session, the visa was approved.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stell12: 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
Good evening. Please any news on availability of Appointment dates for IW Applications in Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 12:00am On Nov 03, 2022
Big Congratulations.
Please tell us in a summary how it went.
Someone here may need that information for their application.
Thank you.
burk:
Good evening my people. Hope we all had a stress free activities today? I attended my US visa interview today, after series of questions and answers session, the visa was approved.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:35am On Nov 03, 2022
burk:
Congratulations!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by femi312: 4:06am On Nov 03, 2022
nwauwa:

Join the group on telegram

Lagos IW group https:///+AaPLUp1jP2liMTE0remove
Copy the link, paste it to your browser and remove the “remove” and hit the send button

Abuja IW group
https:///+STs9KZJRilE5ZTU0Remove

Copy the link, paste it to your browser and remove the “remove” and hit the send button

hello, this link is not working. Can you please provide a working link?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by femi312: 4:08am On Nov 03, 2022
Can someone please provide the telegram link for lagos appointment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Labelle(f): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2022
Good day my people, please I'll be visiting my brother in the US to see my nieces and nephews as part of my vacation. Which visa is the best one for this? B1/B2 or B2. Please its urgent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2022
wow congrat bro that is lagos center right

kindly share your transcript with VO for us to gain experience

burk:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Labelle:
Good day my people, please I'll be visiting my brother in the US to see my nieces and nephews as part of my vacation. Which visa is the best one for this? B1/B2 or B2. Please its urgent
Any of the two.. but the nearest interview date is nov 2024

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2022
tonexman18:
Any of the two.. but the nearest interview date is nov 2024

can I get an earlier date if I want to attend a conference?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
ghettonews:
Pls who knows how long converting a b1/b2 visa to F1 in USA takes now as of 2022?

About 16 - 18months if you are not willing to travel out of the country for a visa interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
flourishing247:

I can only speak on what I'm � sure of.

Some visas come with a clause attached to it. You can never change status if you are on US soil.
If by chance you get an admission, then you have to come back for interview. You can't even marry a citizen while in the US hoping for a change of status. It still will not work.

I have seen such attachments with my two koro koro eyes. Someone once posted it here too.

A lot of things changed in the last 5years. People shouldn't take risks that won't favour them.

Is it the visa that stated one can't change status or the stamp by the officer at the point of entry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2022
fkj950ax:

Can you Adjust your Status when in the US?
Yes, it’s legal if you can satisfy the conditions. A lot of people can’t or do not, they become stuck, working in the shadows and making tons of money. Once they think they have made enough, they leave the US and won’t be able to return. They don’t care about this. CBN fiasco with FX also helps them.

A former neighbor has been sending $1000 a month to Nigeria for like 3 years now, and banking in USD. She doesn’t have papers. She is not married both in the US and before leaving Nigeria.

If CBP annotates your stamped I-94 with No AOS or No EOS, you wont be able to adjust your status as Flourishing247 stated. Even if you decide to get married, you MAY be required to exit the US and sort spousal visa from your home country.
Most I-94 don’t come with annotations, hence the “happening daily”.

With respect to school, the current law (from Trump era) requires you to leave the US within 60 days of completing your studies. Only condition to remain or get papers as you state it is to get a job and the company files for you. If that doesn’t happen, you join the shadow population.
A lot of people travelled recently are in the US as students which permits them to live, get SSN, work (20hrs weekly max). When they complete their programs, you’d not be told the schemes they do to remain in the US.
2017/2018 travels fell before Trump Executive Orders that Biden hasn’t removed completely. Some parts of it are still in effect.

Getting married to a USC is the plan most Nigerians use in circumventing their legal presence in the US.
Is it illegal to get married?
No.

Enrolling in school after getting married is also used to deepen their presence in the US. Some buy homes with a mortgage to deepen it and help their profile or case with USCIS when they file.

The bolded isn't totally right. You have 60days from your date of graduation to file OPT otherwise you will need to leave the country. Once your OPT is approved, you have 90days to secure a job or a volunteering position to keep your OPT active for the initial one year. If it is a stem course, your employer can file an OPT extension on your behalf and upon approval, you get additional 2years to work in an OPT field. If you lose your job within the time frame, you have 60days plus whatever is left of the initial 90days grace period to get a job otherwise, you leave the country.

If you want to stay longer, your options are either you get a company to file H1B or EB1 for you or you could self-petition for the EB2 if you meet the criteria.

There are many legal paths to follow to stay back in the US however, many follow other routes such as marriage either because they do not want to follow the long process, they fell in love genuinely, or their initial intent was to run away from their home country.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by clementzee: 6:18am On Nov 04, 2022
Good morning guys,

Please I applied for emergency date in the Abuja embassy but I was denied necause they are not conducting interviews at the moment.

I called the embassy in Lagos and they advised that I should be checking for dates that may be released. Please can anyone add me to a group where people share dates or guide me on where to be checking for dates.

Is it also possible le to get a date before end of Dec?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by vcole: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2022
bukyaras:
Hi, looks like they have changed requirement for interview waiver. It now has to be visa issued after Jan 2020 and MRV receipt bought before May 2022. Someone please confirm?
Hi, my mom had a Dropbox appt at Lagos this Friday and I noticed that under the instructions in the appointment letter, it had changed that IW requirement to visas issued after January 2020. However, we couldn’t afford to not attend that appointment as her 24 months Dropbox eligibility would expire after November so she went and they didn’t give her any issues. I also checked the us consulate’s website and the eligibility for IW still states visas expired within 24 months so I don’t even understand. Anyway, fingers crossed. I hope this helps and anyone else with an experience with this can maybe also contribute.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2022
bukyaras:
Hi, looks like they have changed requirement for interview waiver. It now has to be visa issued after Jan 2020 and MRV receipt bought before May 2022. Someone please confirm?

It appears they are attending to those that purchased their MRV before the 1st of May 2022... and eligibility starts with the visa issuance after January 1st, 2020.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Magma012: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2022
how long do i need to leave before applying for a visit visa in the USA?

I plan trying 24 December can I apply now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2022
Magma012:
how long do i need to leave before applying for a visit visa in the USA?

I plan trying 24 December can I apply now
You want to travel Dec 24th 2022? You can go ahead and apply now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Magma012: 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
YES
flourishing247:

You want to travel Dec 24th 2022? You can go ahead and apply now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 1:49am On Nov 05, 2022
Magma012:
YES
date is now 2024 lmaoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Panachesonny and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.