Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (17926 Views)

Reps Seek Decongestion Of Nigeria’s 244 Correctional Centres / PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case / Imo Youths Petition CJN Over Declaration Of Ihedioha As Governor-elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Miracle1991: 6:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Can someone inform Buhari that this is a democracy and he can't order the CJN around? If he wants to give pardons he can and should without overstepping his constitutional bounds.
so your Constitution says you should keep 52 thousands inmate for years without trial abi? I pray you find yourself in such condition where you spend 16 yrs in prison before your trial begin.
Why do you guys hate good news?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by MiztaSanchez22(m): 6:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Have you people noticed that since Saturday this president have been a bit active...
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by blowjohn(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2020
Ussycool:

Our gangs member dai...

But u sound like a criminal element.
Which one be 'make them release my guys?'
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Miracle1991:
so your Constitution says you should keep 52 thousands inmate for years without trial abi? I pray you find yourself in such condition where you spend 16 yrs in prison before your trial begin.
Why do you guys hate good news?
Just shut your silly mouth. If you don't understand anything abt govt and the law keep quiet. You nitwits just come online to say rubbish just because you can. May your prayer come to you in many folds
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Babapyro: 6:20am On Apr 22, 2020
I wonder why this man has never talked about politics brutality
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Miracle1991: 6:21am On Apr 22, 2020
easyfem:
alot of innocent pple are there self ........ we are very weak in everything .....imagine we still av 5 year awaiting cases
my brother, some are more than 10 yrs there without trial.
Thank God Buhari remember them
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by EdiskyHarry: 6:23am On Apr 22, 2020
Wow, congrats to all the Boko Haram members.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by crowniran(m): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2020
Person wey dey outside nko.

Join Free Fiverr Training class. You don't need to have a skill, everything would be taken care of. Check my signature for contact.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Kuginzi: 7:04am On Apr 22, 2020
This is a commendable step towards the decongestion of our prisons.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by ozone4oz(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2020
Hand sanitizer: You can easily to one yourself

Watch the videos on this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEnwC1zz4MCXVlYzJ2SCuw/

To learn how to make alcohol based hand sanitizer as recommended by WHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93eWEg1iqjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2mbFa44vA
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by feoyewo: 7:09am On Apr 22, 2020
Opportunity for Buhari to release his Boko Haram staff from prison
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by OdefaGirl(f): 7:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Good one..... but I have my fears, with the rate of hunger in the country.....if these ones are released where will they feed from?
Our streets will be filled..... one million boys will double to two million cool...... those editing celebrities' photos to nude will add up shocked
House to house burglary will increase
The "iron men" bandits and herdsmen will double up..... will there be any palliatives given to them?
They can not face such horrible life in prison just to meet another horrible one out there.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by DeAlphaMale(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Story
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Yemike(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2020
Miracle1991:
have you ever appreciate something good in your life?
You sound like you've known me for a very long time.
Read my comment again, slowly this time around and with a pure heart.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Sheriman(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2020
Even Outside Prison in Nigeria is like you are living in prison. When they said they should build more modern prison to accommodate prisoners what are they doing with the money Authority Stealing I guess. Nigeria never know anything
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by tallerSSS: 7:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Bribery and corruption has started in the prisons automatically, they will likely threaten them for fine or exclude ur name from the list to be compiled.. if you get person for prision abeg make u do the needful now, they need u now the most.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by israelmao(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2020
The analogue legal system is responsible for slow trials and slow dispensation of justice which is also compounded by illegal arrests and detention.Again,Nigerian correctional facilities is outdated and dehumanizing for human habitation.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Getdowntobiznes: 7:46am On Apr 22, 2020
Weedsmoker:
You mean your gang members?
you mean the government also lock their members? That is credit for them since they left no one including their member.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by LaIabobo: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2020
TheMan3:
Chai why would someone " without a confirmed criminal case against them" be in jail the first place??

Ah!!! Nigeria. The land that has killed alot of dreams

That's how it is done worldwide.

While a case is on, the court sends the defendant to be remanded in prison custody, except where there is a perfected bail.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by Farki: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2020
TheMan3:
Chai why would someone " without a confirmed criminal case against them" be in jail the first place??

I grew up around the court system and man some stories are just sad.

Some guys will not commit any crime they will just be in the area and they get arrested. Some can't afford bail, a lawyer or a surety so they just stay in jail.
The worst one is when children and teenagers get arrested and since they don't have proper documentation they are just forgotten in prison.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by apex3297: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2020
[color=#] 2978167[/color]
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by TheMan3: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Farki:

I grew up around the court system and man some stories are just sad.

Some guys will not commit any crime they will just be in the area and they get arrested. Some can't afford bail, a lawyer or a surety so they just stay in jail.
The worst one is when children and teenagers get arrested and since they don't have proper documentation they are just forgotten in prison.
Nigeria is joking with its own future
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by TheMan3: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2020
LaIabobo:

That's how it is done worldwide.

While a case is on, the court sends the defendant to be remanded in prison custody, except where there is a perfected bail.
what are you saying ... Did you not read when they said 6years?

Which world are you talking about. Don't you have sense?
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by mimimile93: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
TheMan3:

It happens too in America
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by uuzba(m): 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Ussycool:
This is sensible step to take...
But remind Aunty Sadiya about BVN stuffs o.
What about the 1 million boys?
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by pacco6ixty9(m): 8:13am On Apr 22, 2020
Are we not prisoners here?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by uuzba(m): 8:14am On Apr 22, 2020
israelmao:
The analogue legal system is responsible for slow trials and slow dispensation of justice which is also compounded by illegal arrests and detention.Again,Nigerian correctional facilities is outdated and dehumanizing for human habitation.
Go and press computer for the legal system.

I know this generation of Facebook and Instagram pressers will be so angry when they fall into the Nigerian legal system and have to wait for one olden days typewriter judge to finish their case

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by LaIabobo: 8:29am On Apr 22, 2020
TheMan3:
what are you saying ... Did you not read when they said 6years?

Which world are you talking about. Don't you have sense?
You asked this and I responded to that with no insult
You did not talk about delayed trial.

Then you brought insults. Most Nigerians are the most stupid and dumb ignorant fool in the world and you are the leading breed.
I thought I was having a clean conversation with a sane man, not knowing I stoop low to respond to a man with significant brain damage. You are definitely mad.
Your level of dumbess irritates me, i wish you can be well but your case I irredeemable. You are irredeemably senseless.
Now crawl back and ask your family members to confirm if you have sense.
Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by bonnyhope: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Can someone inform Buhari that this is a democracy and he can't order the CJN around? If he wants to give pardons he can and should without overstepping his constitutional bounds.
f

If you read very well, it is not an order but proposal. Read again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic by AsawanaDgreat: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2020
May God bless and keep PMB

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's $1.5bn Loan Request Approved By World Bank / Malala Yousafzai Arrives Borno With Her Father, Meets Governor Shettima / I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.