Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Unable To Access My Account And Documents - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Unable To Access My Account And Documents (763 Views)

Hack Admin Account From Guest Account And Change The Password Forever! / I Can't Access My Ftp Server Outside My Network / Can't Access My Workgroup Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unable To Access My Account And Documents by Jackelony(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hi guys,
I am unable to have access to my documents and account. All my documents shows green colour.
If i tried to open it, it will tell me i dont have previllage to do so.
Any body that have idea on hw to solve this pro will b appreciated

thanks
Re: Unable To Access My Account And Documents by Maleeq(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
I guess you should be using Windows XP, right? Well, in Xp, files that are encrypted have the file names shown in green color. Encryption prevents other users from viewing those files. When you encrypt a file, the currently logged on user's credentials are used(username,password, certificates). Even if you take out the hard disk and plug it into another system, re-install Windows, you wont still be able to access those files!

So, if you know the user that encrypted those files, log off and log on back with that user, only then would you be able to access those files and possibly, removed the encryption.

Alternatively,If you are in a domain, contact your Administrator to find out if he has included any other user as a "recovery Agent" prior to the time your files were encrypted. If he did, then that agent can restore access to your files.

N.B: It is advisable to always back up your credentials when you intend to encrypt your files.
Re: Unable To Access My Account And Documents by rossoneri(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
@maleeq
well done!
Re: Unable To Access My Account And Documents by Maleeq(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks!

**no pictures please!!!**
Re: Unable To Access My Account And Documents by Jwhizzy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2007
Help.When i turn on my laptop,all i see is d background image after loadin d OS.I dnt see my desktop n toolbar icons.Also d keyboard short keys like alt + f4 do nt respond.I also cant see d start menu.In short,i cnt do anytin on it after login to my acc.Wat cud b wrong.Jide
Re: Unable To Access My Account And Documents by Maleeq(m): 7:33am On Jun 09, 2007
@Jwhizzy

After the OS loads and you get to the "desktop background image", try this

1- Press the "Windows Key" and "R" together to bring up the "RUN" dialog box.
2- Type "explorer.exe" and the click "OK"
3- Hopefully, your desktop should be restored.
4-If that happens, I'd suggest you runs a system file check on your laptop. To do this, have your Windows installation CD close by, start a command prompt, and type in "sfc /scanonce" and then reboot your system. Hopefully, it would fix any errors.

If Step 1 does not bring anything up, do this instead:

1- Press this key combination, "CTRL + ALT + DELETE" or "CTRL + SHIFT + ESC" to bring up the "Task Manager"
2- On the "File" Menu, click "New Task(Run, )"
3- Continue from STEP 2 on the previous solution above.

If it doesn't work, let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Someone Please Tell Me What Is Wrong With My Laptop / Compressed/zip Files / Laptop With Remote Control For Sale #135k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.