Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) (23597 Views)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Story, Love Happens By Laura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lamanii22:

Awww such a lovely story... Your construction's really satisfactory and you carefully chose your words...
Thank youu *Hugsss*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 2:04am On Jul 04, 2020
My peopleeeee in the house (Winks), While we anticipate the next update which drops later today, it's with utmost pleasure for me to inform you that I also blog TOLANI on www.collegeafrican. too, amongst my other block busting storiessss!

Please click and follow the blog via mail to receive story updates via email. Don't forget confirm your subscription in your emails too. *Hugsss*

Love y'all,
Hizeeksheun
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
"I'm sorry, it's not like that Oh" She said, "I have just been a little down"

"Ahaa, sorry" She said with quiet empathy, "I was just wondering why I haven't heard from you"

"Thank you for checking on me dear" She said, "How are you?"

"I am fine O, Musa is here with me too"

"Ooh, Musa, How is he?" She asked in a level way.

"He is fine" She said.

"Please can I speak with him?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"Tolaniii, How are you now?"

"I am fine, what about you?"

"I am good!" He yawped out, "My leg is better now"

"Hun, hun, Thank God Oh"

"Yes, so how have you been lately?"

"I have been good" She said after a moment reflection.

"Oluwakayode dear" He heard his mum say in a voice soft with affection as he snapped out of reverie.
She strolled up to him where he stood leaning against the wall. "Don't worry, your dad would be fine"

"But please I would want you to listen to him
Avoid arguing with him making him shout"

"Mummy, it's not my fault now"

"I know it's not your fault, but please try to accommodate your dad in everyway"

Soon after two hours, Mr Randy regained consciousness to the doctors amazement.
His face slowly lighting up as he gripped his wife's arm, he heaved, "That's how people die Oh"

"It is well" Kayode's mum said.

"Thank you Children" He said in Yoruba, meaning it more than it sounded, "I love you"

"We love you too Dad" Kayode and Kemi said in unison.

"Doctor, how well is he now?" Kemi asked the Doctor standing besides him.

"He would be fine but he would be on admission for about two weeks"

"Hmmm, 2 weeks?"

"It is for my well-being now" Mr Randy laughed

"Kayode and Kemi, you people can go hone now, let me stay with your Dad" Mrs Randy said.

Soon after leaving the hospital, and dropping Kemi in UNILAG to her request, he decided to go to Chike's place now. Slowly as he brought the car to halt beside a 5 star restaurant, he dialed Chike's number.

Holding the phone to his ears, he said, "Hello"

"Hello Kay!
What's up guy?" He said in a friendly fashion.

"You dey house now?" Kayode asked him, "I would be coming ooh"

"Sure, no problem, I would be expecting you!"

"See you boy" Kayode chuckled as he ended the call, turning the key in ignition kick starting the car.

"Pim pim pim" Kayode's car honked, as he slammed the wheel in front of Chike's house. The gate man in faded blue khaki peered, as he opened the smaller gate to see who was there.

"Oga Kayode!" He hollered as he sauntered off to open the gate.
Kayode drove in swerving through as he parked, then came out of the car, while Chike strolled out of the house to meet him.

"Lord Kayyyy Of Lagos!!!" Chike hollered excitedly as he jumped to hug him.

"My guyyy" Kayode blurted out as he hugged him back giving him a friendly pat on the back.

"How prep for wedding now?" He asked as they released from the hug.

"We dey prepare Oh"

"Kayode, you still never show me your babe oh" Chike said as they both walked into the house.

"No wahala naa, when time reach, the girl go come now"

"Ehen, ehen, guy, there's something I want to tell you ooh" He added.

"What's it now" He asked as they both settled to sit down in his well furnished sitting room.

"My Dad wants me to combine law with writing or dump writing"

"Wow. He really wants to decide for you?" Chike wondered, "But then are you disinterested in Law already?"

"Sure, I still do. I just needed little time to work on my writing, then go with Law later"

Hmm, okay, but why don't you want to combine? "

Chinyere already gotten over the breakup, strolled up the gate to her house, as she came back from the office. Suddenly, she heard someone call her, as she turned her neck to see who it was; lo and behold it was her ever smiling square-faced neighbor - Segun in a black t-shirt and jeans.

"Chi Chi, How work naa?" He asked in a casual tone.

"Work is fine O" She said in a perpetually tired voice, "You nko?"

"Mheen, crazy tiring"

"Which tiring? No be to just lecture?"

"E pass that one abeg?"

"See this one ooh, you wan dey compare am to banking baa?"

"Anything you say sha" He said, "How our husband too naa?"

"Which husband you give me?" She grinned.

"That guy wey dey always come see you naa"

"So person no fit get friend again baa?"

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
weldone OP. thank God Musa is fine
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
More wisdom sir
Thanks for the update grin
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2020
centmanuel:
weldone OP. thank God Musa is fine
Thank youu

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2020
becca2017:
More wisdom sir
Thanks for the update grin
Amen, Thank youuuu

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2020

"Guy, writing is not easy ooh, let alone combining with an unrelated full time job" Kayode explained as he crossed his ankles in front of him.

"But I honestly know you can combine" Chike said meaning the words more seriously than they sounded.

"And yesss, I forgot to say, big Congratulationsss on your shortlist" He smiled, giving him a mocking bow.

"Guyy, abeggi" He said as he gave him a puppy dog look, "I really hope and wish I can"

"In all, I would advice you to follow your heart sha"

"If you think, it's right for you to combine? Combine. If you think Writing alone Is? Please do"

"Nawa, you just succeeded in making me more confused than I initially was"

"Guy, wetin you wan make I talk again bayi?"

"Erm, Well . . . Also, Dad is in the Hospital currently"

"What happened?"

"Owk ooh" Segun said as affection glowed in his eyes, "I have heard you"

"Next tomorrow is my birthday O" He added in a casual tone, jamming his hand into his pocket, "and I would be organizing a small party too"

"Osheyy, Happy Birthday in advance ooh" She said in a friendly fashion as she tucked a lock of hair under her ears.

"Thank youu" He said

"Hmmm, I would love to be there ooh" She said, "But I have been really busy of recent"

"Ehen, ehen" He said as he gave her a lopsided grin.

"But then, who am I to say no?" She replied him, grinning back.

"Is that a yes?"

"Hun, but I'm not promising ooh"

"C'mon"

"I have heard you" Chinyere said

"Owk, Goodnight" He gave a dismissive wave of the hand, "Say Hello to your husband too ooh"

"Go away joor" Chinyere giggled as she strolled up her gate, while he watched her.

Letting out a harsh breath, she twisted the key in the lock. She'd spent three hours on the hellish Lagos roads on her way from work!

She yanked the gate open, then strutted up the door leading to the main entrance.

Blowing out her cheeks, as she entered her sitting room, she opened the fridge, and brought out a bottled water, turned-open the lid. Drank, Paused, Drank. The dust and heat of the Lagos roads going down with it.

"Huh, this guy" She thought, "He had been nice to her in many ways, and it wouldn't be nice of her to just buff him off"

"But then, with wisdom"

Just then, her phone rang, checking the caller ID; It was an unknown. Who could it be? She wondered as she slid up the receive call option.

"Hello"

"Hello, this' Femi"

"Femi, or what is it that you bear, I have asked you to stop calling my line" She said in a dry tone, "I have long forgiven you, but please leave me alone"

"I'm really sorry honestly" He said in a soothing tone, "I love you Babe"

"Who is your babe?" Chinyere tried to sound as calm as she could, "Please!"

"Chi - -" He said off as Chinyere ended the call immediately. To frigging hell with him and his lies! She swore under her breathe and strolled up her bedroom, then it soon crosses her mind to call Tolani.

Sweat trickling down her spine, as she perched on the edge of the seat in the bus on her way from work, she was beside a well-built man, with his hair drawn into dreadlocks; he smelt of beer, making her want to puke, bringing the scary horrific memories of her being abused.

"Owaaa ooh" She shouted on the top of her lungs, immediately they got to Agege, not minding that she hasn't gotten to her junction yet, all she wanted was to come out of that bus alive!
She jumped out of the vehicle immediately the bus came to a halt, as she had paid the Conductor before getting to Agege.

Exhaling, as fear clawed at her, she took long strides, "OKADA" She hailed an Okada rider, even as he came to a halt at her feet while she studied his face for a sign of violence.
"No, this one looks cool" She thought to herself

"Madam, where you dey go?" The guy said gruffly, wondering why she stared at him saying nothing.

"Hey. Why are you shouting at me?" She carped back at him in Yoruba.

"No vex, Where you dey go?" He asked her in a calm manner even as he gripped the handle of his scooter.

"Beside Chucks and Sons" She said, her eye brows snapped together.

"Owk, naah 150 ooh"

"150 bawo? I only have #100 oh"

"No wahala, #100" He said as Tolani climbed his bike, while he kicked started it, as they sped up the roads of Agege.

She was soon lost in her reverie as she wondered why this is all happening to her? "Godd! Can I ever be sane again?" She wondered as sadness crushed her.

"This place baah?" The Bike man said as he came to a halt in front of Chuks and Sons Furnitures behind her house, as he brought her out of her reverie.

"Yess, Thank you " She said as she climbed down the motor bike and paid him his money, then strolled up her house.

Yanking the door open, she exhaled heavily, jammed the door in a snap behind her as it made a loud banging sound!
Just then, her phone rang, shoving her hand into her bag, checking the caller ID, she realised it to be Fatimah.

Sighing, she slid up the receive call option, and said into the phone, "Hello"

"Hello Tolani"

"How are you?"

"I am fine, How are you too?" She said sounding slightly brittle.

"I'm fine too, just getting home" She said in a friendly fashion, "So, have you gotten home?"

"Yess, Thank you" She said in a level way.

"Was just checking on you" Fatimah said, "Don't forget to take your drugs ooh"

"Haba, I won't now..."

"Okay, I'm just reminding you now" She said giggling, "See you tomorrow dear"

"Okay oh, Goodnight"

"Goodnight" Fatimah replied as she ended the call, then plodded into the sofa, clicked on her data, as 10 unread mails popped into her phone, then she noticed one of them to be from Jimi Solade.

"Hello Tolani,
Please, I still patiently anticipate your feedback on the last draft I sent, and yesss, WE anticipate your next episode of "Who I Used To Be"! Don't leave us hanging in suspense pleaseee.

Warm Regards,
Jimi Solade"

"Phewww!" She let out a huge breath as finished reading it, "Ooh, mheen, I really should try writing tonight" She said to herself, as she hadn't been able to bring her self to write since the incident.

Then, she toggled out of his mail, scrolled through her unreplied mails, then soon noticed a mail from a certain Young Blogger's Award.

2 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by blackmarya(f): 9:28am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmmmmm...chi can help Tolani out of this mess why she con dey hide from her now
Still following... Nice update op

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Hmm Segun, Segun wink
Thanks for the update o!

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
becca2017:
Hmm Segun, Segun wink
Thanks for the update o!
Shegé! *Winks* You are welcome!

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
blackmarya:
Hmmmmm...chi can help Tolani out of this mess why she con dey hide from her now
Still following... Nice update op
I know righttt!
Thank youuu! *Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by oyinella(f): 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Wow, a lot has happened!

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 5:16am On Jul 08, 2020
oyinella:
Wow, a lot has happened!
*Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 6:05pm On Jul 08, 2020
Her face slowly transforming into smiles dancing accross her lips, as she twirled her hair, while she waggled her hips on her sit in a sit-dance as her heart leaped.

Yes! She had to call Chinyere. She went to her phone book, searched for Chinyere's number and dialed, holding the phone to her ears; after three rings, she picked.

"Hello Tolaniiii" She yawped out.

"Hellooo"

"How are you" She beamed, "I was just about to call you ooh"

"Hun hun, really? Na so you people go dey talk" She said as she giggled.

"Aha, aha, its not like that ooh. How are you sha?"

"I am fine ooh" She said as toyed with a lock of hair.

"And Our Kayode? How is he?" She said as she chuckled.

"Chinyere, please leave me alone with that Kayode guy ooh" She said, "You don't even know him"

"Awnnn, I don't need to know him, I just need to see you loving him"

"Chinyere, please, change the topic, I am not finding this funny" She said in simple directness.

"Ehen, ehen, you have started again" She said, "No problem ooh"

"I am serious ooh"

"Essokay, Keeper of Secrets"

"Ahan ahan"

"So how was the office today?" Chinyere asked her.

With no second thoughts, she replied, "It went well ooh"

"Ehen, ehen, I also noticed you haven't dropped the 10th episode of "Who I Used To Be"

"Yess, been busy. Lotsss of projects with Sprit Soul and Body" She lied while guilt suddenly spiralled her spine.

"Why now? You just left us in suspense like that, come and carry us ooh"

"Drop it on time ooh, we are waiting"

"Hun hun, Thank you ooh" She said, "Would drop it soon"

"Osheyyy"

"Owk, ooh, I just said I should say Hello", "Goodnight"

"Goodnight Baby girl, and Thank you for the call" Chinyere said.

"Bye" Tolani replied in a friendly tone as she ended the the call. Almost immediately, her phone rang, and checking the call ID, she realised it to be Kayode.
Mr Kayode? Really? What does he want this late? She wondered as she flung the phone across the sofa, rising up, making her way to the dinning room.

Kayode holding his phone to his ears as it rang repeatedly to no response. "Perhaps she isn't with her phone", he thought. But then, she missed the last one last week too. What was wrong with her? He wondered as dropped his phone beside his laptop, and got set to resume work on his book.

After few minutes of typing, thoughts of his dad soon crossed his mind again. Kemi was right, if for anything, but for the well being of his dad, he should try combining law with writing.

Nervousness spiralling round him as he racked his fingers in his hair, he became even more confused as he wandered the more in his thoughts. Perhaps, I see to contact Dr Babalola online for a mentorship, he thought. Yesss, he writes for Nollywood alongside his budding Legal Career.

Then he made a steeple of his fingers, and said to him self, " Yes that's just it" as he did let out a heavy breath and continued work on his book.

Pacing up and down his office, the next day, beads of sweat glistened on his etched brow, with his hands clasped tightly in front of his stomach, he constantly twindled with his knuckles, weaving his fingers in and out of each other, as anxiety clawed at him. Would he have to resign as the editor? Would be able to combine the job with being a lawyer without regrets? How does he approach Mr Babatunde to tell him that.

Pheww!, he let out a heavy breath, smacked his forehead, swearing under his breath, creak opened his door, and he made his way to Mr Babatunde's office.

3 Likes

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by Adeola25(f): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 11:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
grin Thank you

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Adeola25:
Thanks for the update
You are welcome! *Hugs*

becca2017:
grin Thank you
You are welcome! *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
My people O, I forgot to add, that was a Mid Week Bonus *Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
hizeeksheun:
My people O, I forgot to add, that was a Mid Week Bonus *Winks*

Thanks *hugs*

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
becca2017:

Thanks *hugs*
Youu are welcomee

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2020
I know there are good things in stock for Tolani. Hope she wins the award. Tolani is now going back to her shell I just feel for her

Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
centmanuel:
I know there are good things in stock for Tolani. Hope she wins the award. Tolani is now going back to her shell I just feel for her

Thanks for the update OP

You are welcome! *Winks*

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hello my people, I'm really sorry for keeping you waiting this long. Issues came up and I couldn't post on Saturday as scheduled.

I hope my apology is accepted.

And yess, the next update drops in a giffyyy! *Winks*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2020

"Kpom Kpom Kpom" Kayode knocked on Mr Babatunde's door, feeling tensed as anxiety swirled around him. He really hoped he wasn't taking a rash decision.

"Come in" Mr Babatunde said

"Good morning sir"

"Ooh, Mr Kayode, Good morning" He said as he rushed scribbled some writings, as his pen danced on a foolscap sheet, and his right hand pointing at a chair.

A chill running through him, as he settled to a sit, he wondered on how best he should present it. Mr Babatunde taking it unnicely was his biggest fear. Then a thought struck!

"Good morning sir" He said, as anxiety clawed at him.

"So, how is it with your choice of book we would be publishing among the five pitched?" Mr Babatunde said, as he slipped him a curious look.

"We're still working on it sir"

"Well, I trust you for a good Job" Mr Babatunde said, Kayode becoming more confused on how to tell him of his plans on resignation.

"Erm, erm sir" He said as his lower lips trembled, "I would be leaving Body, Soul and Spirit soon sir"

"What do you mean?"

"Erm, I'd just decided to pick up my Legal Career" He replied with his eyes downcast, his fingers fiddling with his finger nails.

"Why? You don't like this job anymore?" He said, as shock crossed his face.

Raking his fingers through his hair, he watched the clock tick, the more confused he became. "We'd talk about it tomorrow", Mr Babatunde had told him.

He knew it!, Mr Babatunde wouldn't want him to leave, he honestly loved working at body, soul and spirit, but he had to do this. Isn't it?

Suddenly, a knock went on his door, as he got snapped out of his reverie, " Come in" He said, as he hurriedly combed his tousled hair.

The door opening as it made a squeak, Lois strolled in smiling, with a file on her hand.
"Good morning sir" She said

"Good morning" He said as he gesticulated sit-down-here.

Settling down to a seat, she said, "Sir, it's about those authors that pitched us for a publish"

"Owk..."

"Here's my honest review on them" She said as she opened the file and brought out two sheets of paper.

Kayode collecting them from her glanced through, then said, "Owk, I would get back to you on them"

"Thank you" He added

"You are welcome sir"

"Also, erm, you look sick and disturbed," She said in a casual tone.

"Ooh, I'm fine, no worries, thanks" He said giving himself a look on his phone's screen.

"Owk ooh, also Mabel extends here greetings"

After 3 hours of non-stop writing and editing the next update of "Who I Used To Be", she let out a harsh breath and looked in askance at Fatimah, in a perpetually tired voice, blurted out, "yayyy, I'm done" to which Fatimah in a voice soft with affection, said, "Well doneee"

"We are anticipating!! Drop it on time Oh" She added.

"Awnnn, thank you" Tolani giggled as she hugged herself. Just then, a knock went on the door of her office.

"Come in" Fatimah said

The door opening, Kayode strolled in, as he closed the door gently behind him

"Good morning sir" They said in unison

“Good morning” He said as he settled to sit on the cushion chair.

"Erm, I would be leaving Spirit Soul and Body soon as the Chief Editor"

"Really? Why? What happened?" Ms Abdullahi asked in curious tone.

"Nothing much, I have just decided to choose to pick up my Legal Career"

While they discussed, Tolani was busy replying her unreplied, WhatsApp messages, when a strange SMS text popped.
It read: thhjhgfgggff

Her forehead creased as she wondered who sent it after realising the sender was unknown. "Ooh, perhaps some kid somewhere sent the text using his mum's phone to some random number" She thought.

She was soon snapped out of her reverie, as her phone buzzed again; another text popped. It was from the same number and it read: You smelt good!

She squeezed her eyes shot as fear hit her like icy water, switched off her phone, the horrific memories of the rape gripped her mind. Could he be someone she knows who now taunts her?

She heaved a breath, as she rose up from seat, signalled them to excuse her as she trudged out of the office and made her way to the rest room.

Yanking the door of the restroom open, she staggered in, gripped the sink, as she bit back a scream, as tears flowed freely down her eyes, as confusion and fear swirled around her.

Then she turned the tap on, as water gushed out. Cupping her hands to get some water, she tried to wash the horror off her face, while her chest stuttered.

After few minutes, she soon felt calm having cried her eyes out, then she opened the door of the restroom, as she sauntered up her office.

Opening the door, she felt shock spiral down her spine, as she saw Chinyere in an intense conversation with Ms Abdullahi as they both giggled and chuckled, slapping their shoulders playfully.
But she didn't tell her of her coming.

Forcing in a smile, she yulped out, "Chinyere!!"

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 10:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
It's sad for Kay..... CHINYERE needs to know I think she is the one that help Tolani out

Nice update OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 10:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
centmanuel:
It's sad for Kay..... CHINYERE needs to know I think she is the one that help Tolani out

Nice update OP
Thank youu

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
"Tolly Babyyy!" She blurted out as she leaped to give her a hug.

"So, how are you?" She said as they came out of the hug.

"I am fine ooh, but you didn't tell me you were coming"

"Ooh, I was sent on some errand to see the Branch Manager here in Ikeja, then I decided to say hello" She said as she fiddled with her ear ring.

"Awnnn, thank you" She said throwing her hands up.

"Abegggii" She grinned, "Omo, that your Kayode guy is fine O, he just left"

"Chinyere, you have started again" She said as she gives her a straight face as Fatimah winks at her.

"Chinyere, see what you have caused now, I don't like it O" She said as she rested a hand on her hip.

"All I see is love" Chinyere giggled as she waggled her hips playfully.

"Go away joor" Tolani said as she plodded into her sit.

"I have heard you oh, so, when last did you hear from Musa?" She asked.

"Hmm, two days ago or so...I'm not sure" She said, "What about you?"

"Aha, it's been a while O, but I plan seeing him in the hospital after work today sha" She said as she settled to sit on the edge of Fatimah's table.

"Okay O"

"Fati Fati" Chinyere cheered, as she held her hand playfully, "I hope for a get together dinner someday O"

Back in his office, he wallowed in his thoughts, as he clasped his hands tightly in front of him on his table, as he constantly fiddled with his knuckles, weaving his fingers in and out of each other, as worry snaked through him. He wasn't sure if he was making the right choices.

Taking a deep breath, he slammed his hand on the table, he closed his laptop, tucked it into his bag, and made his way out of the office, he had to go see his dad at the hospital before going home.

Turning the key in the key-hole, as he opened the car he threw his bag into the passengers' sit, and hopped in, kick starting the vehicle as it roared into full life, as he swerved to the right, then sped up the teaching hospital.

Since his dad had been transferred to the VIP Section, he parked right in front of the VIP Section of the hospital. Coming out of the car, he saw his sister, coming out of the VIP Section, her face distressed, with a line etched between her eye brows.

Strolling up to meet her, worried, he asked, "What's up Kemi?"

"Dad had complications, he is currently in a surgery now"

"But nothing was wrong with him now. Or what did they say is wrong?"

"Bro, see I don't know. Just be praying and hoping gets perfectly fine" She said as they strolled up the theatre.

Perching on the edge of a seat in front of the theatre as his heart pounded, he wondered what exactly was wrong?

"God please let him be fine" He prayed.

Then they saw a doctor saunter out of the theatre, their chest pounding as they stood up, Kemi tapped him, and asked, "How is he sir"

"Don't worry he would be fine" He said in a voice soft with affection as he plastered on a smile.

"Thank you sir" They both said, as he left, then settled back to sit down, as they heaved a sigh of relief as though they had it planned.

Kayode switching on his data as his phone beeped: 10 mails rushed popped into his phone. Clicking, he glanced, then his eyes caught a mail from Prof Dele Briggs - he served as the chief judge for the African Prize For Ingenuity

The mail read:
"Dear Mr Kayode Randy,

Congratulations once again on your shortlist, and you have been invited for an interview with the Judges next Thursday in Abuja as regarding the final selection.

Warm Regards,
Prof. Dele Briggs"

As he finished reading his heart beats suddenly increased faster than it was, "God please I need to win this", He muttered under his breath.

Soon after they saw Chinyere off, as she boarded a Bus, Tolani tapping Fatimah by the arm as she asked her if she told Chinyere of the rape?

"C'mon, I wouldn't have don't that without your consent." She said with graceful simplicity.

"But then, why don't you want to tell her? You need as much human support as you can at this time."

"Please spare me! I'm 'unfortunate and I know it!"

"Noo, it wasn't your fault, I am just saying ---" Fatimah said off.

"Okay, no problem, please, I think I need to speak with Dr Roberts, please can you help me with his contact?"

"Sure, I'm coming let me search for it" She said, as she typed his name on her phonebook search, then handed her phone to her to copy the number into hers.

Then, she dialed his number, holding her phone to her ears, she said, "Hello Sir"

"Hello, I'm sorry who is this?"

"This' Tolani, please can I see you sir?"

"Oooh, it's no problem at all, I am in my office now, you can come if you are free"

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by centmanuel(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good job OP

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by becca2017(f): 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Tolani should just tell Chinyere already, abeg sad
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
centmanuel:
Good job OP
Thank youuu *Hugs*
Re: TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) by hizeeksheun(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
becca2017:
Tolani should just tell Chinyere already, abeg sad

Thanks for the update
I know righttttt *Winks*

You are very much welcome! *Hugs*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / The Sex Story / Blue ( Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.