Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown (1820 Views)

'COVID-19: Governors Received N1bn Each From Buhari, N1.1bn From World Bank' / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses / Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Welrez(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
The 36 state governors, on Wednesday, unanimously resolved to adopt a two-week inter-state lockdown as part of measures aimed at containing the spread of coronavirus across the country.

The resolution was passed during the sixth teleconference chaired by Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, during which the governors harped on the need to decentralise the COVID-19 response.

“We, members of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), at our meeting held today deliberated on the COVID-19 pandemic in the country and resolved as follows:

“The forum held a minute’s silence in honour of all Nigerians who have lost their lives from coronavirus, especially health workers who were in the front lines of the pandemic.

“Members also conveyed their condolence to President Muhammadu Buhari and the people of Borno State on the passing of the Chief of Staff to the President, Mr Abba Kyari, who passed away on 17th April 2020 in the line of duty to the country.

“The NGF Chairman briefed the forum on the rapidly evolving situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and coordination efforts with the Federal Government, multilateral and bilateral partners and the private sector through the Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID).

“With over 25 states now affected by the spread of the virus and increasing evidence of community transmission, state governors called for the decentralisation of the COVID-19 response as the best chance of nipping in the bud the spread of the virus in communities.

“Following an update from the NGF Secretariat on the number of COVID-19 cases in the country, members expressed concern over the rising spread of the virus among health workers and resolved to work with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to ensure that health workers are adequately provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) and are constantly trained on the use of protective gears.

“In order to strengthen coordinated implementation of necessary public health recommendations across states, governors resolved to set up COVID-19 committees at the regional level, headed by their state Commissioners of Health.

“The forum also received briefing from the governors of Lagos, Bauchi, Oyo and Ogun states who shared their experiences and lessons from the fight against COVID-19.
“Regional committees will continue to interface with the State Task Force Committees on COVID-19 already established in each state.

“Governors unanimously agreed to the implementation of an inter-state lockdown in the country over the next two weeks to mitigate the spread of the virus from state to state. Only essential services will be permitted.
Lastly, the forum congratulated the Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State, who after nearly four weeks of testing positive and observing very strict medical regime, has now received two consecutive negative test results for the coronavirus,” the communiqué read.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/covid-19-governors-adopt-two-weeks-inter-state-lockdown/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587582252

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Powerintoxicate: 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
So meaning lockdown will be extended?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by DCmonster: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Idiots!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Useless governors what stops them from taken this action earlier like governor ifeanyi okowa did.foolish and uneducated governors they need to learn governance from governor ifeanyi okowa

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by DigitalBrands01: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
No problem with the Lockdown. The Question is what are the measures put in place. And please let no ass licker tell me Nigeria is broke. Because only the Money stolen by a single Governor for the past 1 year will be enough as a Palliative for every head count in this country. Let alone one Cabal in the Presidency.

Because That is what Nigeria Politics is all about

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by natnoble(m): 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
is that all? I pray these decisions work
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Brownsun(f): 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
source?
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Story
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by LibertyRep: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Are the security agents manning the borders carried along and properly briefed?

The success or otherwise of the interstate lockdown depends on them.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by NwaNimo1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lagos should be surrounded by soldiers,
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Kalapizim(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
So meaning lockdown will be extended?
Obviously bro
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by 2special(m): 10:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
Meaning, movement from one state to another will be difficult but you can always bribe the security at the borders of each state.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
A minutes silent for health workers that lost their lives is not enuf what stop una from reaching out to their families.

NB what abt Nigerians that are given hope maka hunger how many minutes silent for them....

Ndi mgbu

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Deprof1010: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Locking down for more two weeks is not De best decision. People die of hunger. No income no food. De best is to map out agents who are trained to checkment people house to house or in their market place and allowed to move to their place of work. As an environmentalist since dis is airborne I believe mask is De best than locking people inside. Why our virologist go into research. Checking people huz to huz or their place of work will help fish out De carriers.
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by armadeo(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Men. Its gonna get rough out there.

People will go crazy.

Another 2 weeks.

Now I am laughing like I've just lost my mind.

Lalasticlala
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Ishilove: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
armadeo:
Men. Its gonna get rough out there.

People will go crazy.

Another 2 weeks.

Now I am laughing like I've just lost my mind.

Lalasticlala
My brother, I am laying in bed in sober leflection, as my beloved uncle will say.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Ishilove: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please I hope Lagos is exempted o. Mscheeeeeeeew.

Modified*

'36 governors' means Lagos is involved. Smh

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by pacino26(m): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Police be ready to dance with some people now

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trouble dey sleep iyanga go wake am A hungry man is an angry
prepare for the revolution
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by harakiri(m): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Togo is running 7 to 7 lockdown....facemasks, distancing, go make your money and be home on time arrangement.

These leaders are NOT fighting covid 19...they are ready to extend it till Jan 2022 to buy more looting time plus solve the mess in aso rock. Why are blacks so selfish? The only people who support this lockdown are THE RICH or comfortable. There are people out there who go for days without food. You think such a person gives a damn about covid 19?

Blacks are too docile. That is why they put armed forces on the street to kill you if you aren't ready to die of hunger.

Even if hunger kills 100million Nigerians, they will still keep extending while hoping for more free money from China to loot. It's almost 3 weeks into the lockdown... The few tests says it all.

Blacks are cowards and will die as cowards.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by Princeofwales(m): 11:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Cowards
Re: COVID-19: Governors Adopt Two-week Inter-state Lockdown by dododawa1: 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
rich men and fear of death

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Members In Lagos Plan Nnamdi Kanu’s Burial After Lockdown / Breaking: Tension In Enugu Community As Many Feared Killed, Late Igwe’s House / A Farmer Fights Back Fulani Herdsmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.