Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? (680 Views)

How To Accept International Payment For Your Shopify & Woocommerce Stores / Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter / 5 Digital Businesses That Fetched Nairalanders The Most Money In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by NUJABEZ: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hello house.

So today, I tried to license Adobe Creative Suite for work, but I found out that Nigeria is excluded from their offerings. They directed me to a local agent who quoted me an outrageous price for the license; Adobe sells the monthly license $99, but the Nigerian company effectively wanted to sell it for $155 per month.

For those who have gotten past this hurdle, what are you using?

Please, share it with us. Thank you.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by twosquare(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2020
NUJABEZ:
Hello house.

So today, I tried to license Adobe Creative Suite for work, but I found out that Nigeria is excluded from their offerings. They directed me to a local agent who quoted me an outrageous price for the license; Adobe sells the monthly license $99, but the Nigerian company effectively wanted to sell it for $155 per month.

For those who have gotten past this hurdle, what are you using?

Please, share it with us. Thank you.
Use a virtual card you can load with $. I think you should just choose US as your country and use a Mastercard anyway. The equivalent will be taken.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by NUJABEZ: 12:04am On Apr 23, 2020
twosquare:
Use a virtual card you can load with $. I think you should just choose US as your country and use a Mastercard anyway. The equivalent will be taken.

Have you tried any virtual card service? The option sounds interesting, but I don't know any trustworthy ones.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by twosquare(m): 12:05am On Apr 23, 2020
What happened to the second option?
NUJABEZ:

Have you tried any virtual card service? The option sounds interesting, but I don't know any trustworthy ones.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by NUJABEZ: 12:07am On Apr 23, 2020
twosquare:
What happened to the second option?

They have strict controls. You cannot use a card not issued in the locality you are in or the address that you are using. Also, they may revoke the license and seize all your work if they find out you skirted the safeguards.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by twosquare(m): 1:44am On Apr 23, 2020
Okay. Try Getbarter by Flutterwave for the virtual stuff or find a trusted exchanger here to pay for you
NUJABEZ:

They have strict controls. You cannot use a card not issued in the locality you are in or the address that you are using. Also, they may revoke the license and seize all your work if they find out you skirted the safeguards.
Re: What Are Some International Payment Methods For Nigerian Digital Businesses? by NUJABEZ: 2:01am On Apr 23, 2020
twosquare:
Okay. Try Getbarter by Flutterwave for the virtual stuff or find a trusted exchanger here to pay for you

I will checkout Flutterwave. Due to the nature of my work, I can't have agents licensing anything. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Essentials For Ladies.... / How I Bought Brand New Lexus SUV With #94000 By Partnering With This Company / How To Make Maximum Money In Minimum Time With Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.