Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed (26781 Views)

Bode George: Nigeria Operating A Military Government In A Democracy / Yabagi Sani: South-East Leaders Treating IPOB Issue With Kid Gloves / Buhari Treating Killer Herdsmen With Kid Gloves — Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Curdlebug(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
grin
Kid Glove instead of medical Gloves!

No matter what some will still find the need to insult the man for Airing his thoughts.
That's what the Politicians has reduced us to.
what do u mean by kid gloves instead of medical gloves, oh my goodness, if they check ur waec now, english is A1, simple idiom you dont know. Smh
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jornwhite: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
did you read the news at all? old dude donated N160m to Lagos state government

nice gesture, buh on a 2nd thot some of us know these donations are mere investment business wise, you wana be a philanthrophist reachout to the people directly i don't see the essence of bringing in the govt, the little money don jazzy & few other big boiz online av shared as gone a long way even more than the billion dangote & otedola donated to the govt, ordinary 20k palliatives to the masses, reviews & new policies are made everyday still money no comot.
whuever as money to donated shuld do it directly to the masses ... given to the govt is just an avenue to score cheap points.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Ajibel(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
ha ha...see your life. the briefings by lie muhammed why didnt he tell you where Abba Kyari was in Lagos?

Was it necessary to disclose where he was? Would that find the cure for coronavirus or what?

and it's Lai Muhammed, please.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Ajibel(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2020
jornwhite:

nice gesture, buh on a 2nd thot some of us know these donations are mere investment business wise, you wana be a philanthrophist reachout to the people directly i don't see the essence of bringing in the govt, the little money don jazzy & few other big boiz online av shared as gone a long way even more than the billion dangote & otedola donated to the govt, ordinary 20k palliatives to the masses, reviews & new policies are made everyday still money no comot.
whuever as money to donated shuld do it directly to the masses ... given to the govt is just an avenue to score cheap points.

Why do you folks say incorrect things confidently online? Why?

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by adenigga(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2020
Sundrus:
wetin be kit glove Oga? undecided

The guy is an educated illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jornwhite: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

They don't read, just in a hurry to attack any dissenting voice.

I just wrote about the sluggish and lackluster approach of the government in the fight against this pandemic in another thread... One would have thought we would be way ahead of this thing since we already have the experience and laid down blueprint from the Ebola crisis.
This level of mediocrity is unacceptable!!!

I stand to differ, if countries like america & Uk with all the facilities they had in place could be sufferring the worst blows of there life, i think nigeria medicals as really tried handling the pandemic. ebola is nothing compared to covid19.
my point is for you to conclude we are sluggish and lackluster about these pandemic there as to be a comparism.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by pellummy(m): 9:28am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
ha ha pelllummy, that man must be your teacher in secondary school

What again miss!!!

I told you that kids glove could be used.
You said "it should be kits glove "
I agreed, am not the one who wrote the note in the thread.

And am not handsome, am not rich either... Stop quoting me
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by blowjohn(m): 9:30am On Apr 23, 2020
Osidazz19:

I don't need to hear from Buhari as long I can hear from Medical experts on what are being done.
I'll rather hear from Medical expert instead on Trump spewing lies, propaganda and innuendoes while people are dying.
If any leader wants to lead a press conference on Coronavirus, that leader should stick to Coronavirus related facts that have been vetted by Medical experts and not deviate to some political attacks and lies like Trump has been doing. That very counter productive. He would have been better to just leave it to Dr Fauci and others. It's very obvious that his number one goal is to get re-elected and to the people that are dying on daily basis. Americans are turned off by his antics and lies.

So how many medical experts have unheard from in Nigeria?
U think trump just woke up one day and said this and that about the virus?
Dont u think he has medical experts around him to offer suggestions and draw conclusions?
Over here in Nigeria even the health minister is clueless.
Was it not ur health minister that said they cant close borders?
Now look at what trump did. Trump was the only one in a room of 21 people that wanted to close the borders long before any other European country.
And u know what CNN said back then? That trump was punishing Europe by doing so.
Now today it's the same cnn that's saying that America should have closed borders earlier.
Was it not after buharis daughter came back that our borders were closed? If he was a president who has good grasp of the danger ahead wouldn't he have done something to hasten the closure?
I honestly dont know why people hate trump.
And I honestly dont know why people belive6that our president doeant need to show face or brief us.

Then why the heck did u elect him?
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jornwhite: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2020
Ajibel:

Why do you folks say incorrect things confidently online? Why?

gud ! if you think am incorrect can you just educate my ignorant ass as to how the 10billion expended so far as been utilized. perhaps you are a beneficiary of the 20k cos u live in katsina.
At the end of the lock down liein muhammed will cumma tell us dey spent trillions feeding nigerians daily yet you & i can't point jus one person 10,000 miles to us that benefited. impact is the yardstick, however knowledge is all i seek.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Osidazz19: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2020
blowjohn:

So how many medical experts have unheard from in Nigeria?
U think trump just woke up one day and said this and that about the virus?
Dont u think he has medical experts around him to offer suggestions and draw conclusions?
Over here in Nigeria even the health minister is clueless.
Was it not ur health minister that said they cant close borders?
Now look at what trump did. Trump was the only one in a room of 21 people that wanted to close the borders long before any other European country.
And u know what CNN said back then? That trump was punishing Europe by doing so.
Now today it's the same cnn that's saying that America should have closed borders earlier.
Was it not after buharis daughter came back that our borders were closed? If he was a president who has good grasp of the danger ahead wouldn't he have done something to hasten the closure?
I honestly dont know why people hate trump.
And I honestly dont know why people belive6that our president doeant need to show face or brief us.

Then why the heck did u elect him?

Yeah keep blaming CNN, as if the average American doesn't know that Trump is trash and only cares about wining the next election.
My main reason for my response is this irritating lie that the border was not closed because Buhari's daughter was not yet back. - Closing the border does not stop any Nigerian from coming back to the country. Many many have came back even via land border since the closure. No country including the US has closed it's border against it's own citizen. I beg stop spreading Trump like lie and propaganda.
Secondly, people hate trump because the man lie like a 2 yr old and he's a narcissistic bully that wants to rule like a freaking dictator. This is a man that will say something and deny saying it in the next 5 mins. He's mentally unstable.
The dotard even called it "their new HOAX"..
DOTARD TRAMP'S LIES AND INACTIONS ON CORONAVIRUS, PLS ENJOY.

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16th - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15th - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25th - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25th - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
Feb 27th - “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally. “This is their new hoax.”
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4th - “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
March 23th - Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.
March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
April 1st - Secret Service signs $45,000 ’emergency order’ for golf carts at Trump club.
April 4th - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment. 300,000 infected with COVID-19, 1300 deaths in one day.
April 20th - More than 45,000 people in the United States have died from COVID-19 so far.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by austineangelo12(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
Thank you for telling the world your level of ignorance

You probably have no idea that Hand glove is part of medical Kit

Please have some shame and self dignity accepting mistake makes you learn better but you may choose to ignore or deny but know that growth is certainly far from you if you resort to any of the latter
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Angelfrost(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2020
jornwhite:

I stand to differ, if countries like america & Uk with all the facilities they had in place could be sufferring the worst blows of there life, i think nigeria medicals as really tried handling the pandemic. ebola is nothing compared to covid19.
my point is for you to conclude we are sluggish and lackluster about these pandemic there as to be a comparism.

Sir, this is not the time for such comparisons...

Nigeria had far more time than those nations to prepare. The fact that we handled Ebola (A Pandemic), means we ought to even be more or better prepared...

Do you know that simply blocking and cutting off inter-state movements since early March would have put us way ahead of this pandemic by now... If that had been effectively done, most states would have zero cases now.

Must we keep trailing behind foreign nations in everything??! Must we make the same mistakes most of them made, and start comparing casualties??! Can't we be ahead of them for once??!....

We had the sole advantage of time (took almost a month before other states started recording serious numbers) to halt the spread from Lagos, yet chose to beat about the bush with this charade of a lock down.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Kenmoris22: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
grin
Kid Glove instead of medical Gloves!

No matter what some will still find the need to insult the man for Airing his thoughts.
That's what the Politicians has reduced us to.
he is of no different from them oga
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Sirwavy(m): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2020
Is this not the same barawo that was convicted for fraud when he was at the NPA? Only in Nigeria will ex convicts remain in power and continue to carry themselves like the coffers of the nation is their birth right. Bloody buffoon.

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jornwhite: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sir, this is not the time for such comparisons...

Nigeria had far more time than those nations to prepare. The fact that we handled Ebola (A Pandemic), means we ought to even be more or better prepared...

Do you know that simply blocking and cutting off inter-state movements since early March would have put us way ahead of this pandemic by now... If that had been effectively done, most states would have zero cases now.

Must we keep trailing behind foreign nations in everything??! Must we make the same mistakes most of them made, and start comparing casualties??! Can't we be ahead of them for once??!....

We had the sole advantage of time (took almost a month before other states started recording serious numbers) to halt the spread from Lagos, yet chose to beat about the bush with this charade of a lock down.

well sorry to disappoint you, when it cums to appraisal & performance rating comparism is key.
i don't really understand what you meant by naija had moretime,covid 19 started 1st in china for Godsake even @that sport & other around the world were still going on because nobody knew the gravity of what was coming ... every other country asides china had the same time to prepare buh a govt can't just issue a lockdown without any record of infection, even now upon the records nigerians are still not complying with the stay @home order with the xcuse we must eat b4 we die.
Let be realistic, how can we be ahead of developed countries when we rely on there inventions, we don't even av standard facilities & capacity compared to what uk, Us & others have.
Now even with rate of infections broadcasted are nigerians adhering and complying to the lockdown, if the world is suffering a setback what makes you think "time" is enough to save nigeria. same Nigeria that had 4yrs to plan buh could not handle an election without postponing. bro if you know nigeria the way i do ehn, u go agree say we try sef grin
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2020
jornwhite:

well sorry to disappoint you, when it cums to appraisal & performance rating comparism is key.
i don't really understand what you meant by naija had moretime,covid 19 started 1st in china for Godsake even @that sport & other around the world were still going on because nobody knew the gravity of what was coming ... every other country asides china had the same time to prepare buh a govt can't just issue a lockdown without any record of infection, even now upon the records nigerians are still not complying with the stay @home order with the xcuse we must eat b4 we die.
Let be realistic, how can we be ahead of developed countries when we rely on there inventions, we don't even av standard facilities & capacity compared to what uk, Us & others have.
Now even with rate of infections broadcasted are nigerians adhering and complying to the lockdown, if the world is suffering a setback what makes you think "time" is enough to save nigeria. same Nigeria that had 4yrs to plan buh could not handle an election without postponing. bro if you know nigeria the way i do ehn, u go agree say we try sef grin

Guy, I know Nigeria is severely limited in terms of intelligent leadership, but we can do better than this.... I vehemently refuse to accept that this is the best we have to offer... That would be insulting to our collective intelligence.

It doesn't take anything to block movement of people out of states or to other states... In fact, it is the simplest, yet most effective way of containing the viral spread... That's why the Eastern states have the least infection numbers!!!
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jornwhite: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

Guy, I know Nigeria is severely limited in terms of intelligent leadership, but we can do better than this.... I vehemently refuse to accept that this is the best we have to offer... That would be insulting to our collective intelligence.

It doesn't take anything to block movement of people out of states or to other states... In fact, it is the simplest, yet most effective way of containing the viral spread... That's why the Eastern states have the least infection numbers!!!

LOL !! as usual our leaders aint intelligent, please can you highlight the majors step we followers/masses av taken so far that denote "intelligence". govt says stay @home for ur own good people are using food as an excuse.
You keep repeating road block, seems you don't leave in nigeria, FIY enforcement agencies are sabotaging the move taking bribes n let commuters go, even some transporters av map out strange routes. nigerians don't share collectively intelligence, if yu doubt me go thru NL 4 a day
I agree these is not the best we can do, buh do we really av the capacity, measures & commitment to give out the best. i am just a realist, spent over 3 decades in naija to be decieving mysef.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by ironheart(m): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

What solutions have you proffered, and how many have been implemented??! Please, enlighten us!!!
I have not. Neither have I complained. Hope this helps you?
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Legendguru: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
And so
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Nairalandmonika: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
tete7000:

If they have done what they ought to do, we won't be here. They lay bad foundation that ensures charlatans continues to trod our political landscape.
Speaking of laying wrong foundation, buhari is amoung the people who lay wrong foundation in Nigeria, majority of APC were once pdp, so what are we talking about.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Charly68: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have started observing your analysis on every public issue and discovered that ,you always offer critical and clinical crititism and solutions .May you live long Baba ..
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Yusman316(m): 3:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians will naturally disagree on everything, good or bad. A task force that has the minister of health in their midst who is a medical expert, still it is not enough. A task force that gives briefings on a daily basis and even do questions and answers with the press, still it is not enough. Some actually want the President who is not a medical expert to be the one doing the daily briefings. American President, Donald Trump does briefings, what has that changed? Rather the numbers keep climbing. Some people's argument is, they should be allowed to go out to look for what to eat as if they can't see the inherent danger in that. Everybody must understand this is a time of sacrifice and compromise or we all go down, simple. Not to be arguing who should lead a task force or making unfounded allegations
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by juseng(m): 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
“We are going to face a serious economic crisis soon. With the price of oil, which is the major income for this country going below zero dollar. How will the government meet up with its monthly allocation to states? Coupled with COVID-19, it is a very dangerous and unstable wind that is blowing”.

this one touch me
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Gokoyer0(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ok
Modified: I mixed it up. It was actually 2002 model.
FRYSnDIPS:

Year 2000 is too old for the e-hailing platform
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by KunleyY19(m): 12:21am On Apr 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
i agree with him that the SGF shouldn't have been the covid-19 task force chairman. what does the man know about covid-19?
they are also treating the issue with kid glove. we saw all that happened at Abba kyari's burial...smh for this government

The governors heading their state own nko
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by nograv: 4:28am On Apr 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
kit glove?? you are the illiterate here my man. shame!

You do realise 'kid gloves' is an expression relating to the use of soft leather gloves to handle a person or an object.

In short in Bode's view, the government has been too weak or soft in its handling of coronavirus crisis...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supporting Buhari Was A Serious Mistake — Fawehinmi / Emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Ticket / PDP Wins All Eight Seats In Bayelsa LGA Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.