Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG (59084 Views)

Looting: Release All COVID-19 Palliatives Now, NLC Tells Govts / NLC Tells Workers To Prepare For Indefinite Strike, / Stockpile Foodstuffs Before November 6 - NLC Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Glink2018(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

If man can survive war with little food, why can't we just do the same now and battle the chain of Covid-19? I hope people won't learn in a harder way.

Nah soliders dey survives the war with little. We are not all soldiers. Even with this one month, a lot of businesses will collapse.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by dederocs(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Good advice
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by TruthinAction: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
They can extend the lockdown if they can give at least 100k to every needy Nigerians and give them 2 days to shop under strict adherence to safety measures. All the billionaires should donate for this course otherwise they also will not be spared when the spread reaches overwhelming rate.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by festacman(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
isthatso:

There is no catch 22 anywhere. Extend the lockdown for as long as necessary even if it is 3 months. During that period people and government must pull together to feed to poor during this period.

You need to feel the pulse of the street to know that people can't be indoors hungry for long.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by DEADALIVE: 9:52am On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

If man can survive war with little food, why can't we just do the same now and battle the chain of Covid-19? I hope people won't learn in a harder way.
Only if you know how much food provision cost during war...the suppliers saw it as business hence the need for war to continue...
Do you know why bokoharam is considering surrendering that is because no means of getting food...

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Vloml222(f): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
AkeNathan:
Well done

Even trump is opening US economy in a week or two

The US has tested over 4 million persons. Still their health experts have said until the US have enough testing capabilities to test everyone the economy shouldn't be opened.

Our government is fighting this the wrong way. Either ways, the economy suffers. Lift the lockdown now and we will see the resurgence and massive increase of confirmed cases and because of our poor testing ability, more persons will get infected really fast and same economy you're trying to protect now will suffer more then.

Let's not even forget the current struggle with falling oil prices. If we survive this we have bigger issues to worry about.

My take is, this lockdown should stay until we are sure we can test more persons.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by ednut1(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
i think the deaths need to get to a number that will force nigerians to have common sense
Buhari should lift the lockdown and let people die by choice. By the time you bury your parents and children nobody will tell u before u enter house and lock door
death by hunger is worse
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by mployer(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
yommen:

What are you saying

You don't understand English?
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by adetitunman: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
This is very interesting. NLC is waking up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9VBEZ6vZ4
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
i think the deaths need to get to a number that will force nigerians to have common sense
Buhari should lift the lockdown and let people die by choice. By the time you bury your parents and children nobody will tell u before u enter house and lock door
not everyone will die from contacting covid19.

the government had the chance to suspend travel from foreign countries when we were on zero cases.

more people will die from the lockdown .

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by MelesZanawi: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
Even Ghana that recorded about 1000 deaths have lift up the lockdown

Ghana did not record 1,000 deaths.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by ozor333(m): 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
You mean they have extended it again?
bosschinalu:
EXTENSION THAT HAS HAPPENED ALREADY.. THIS NLC WEY DUMB LIKE THEIR OGA FOR GOVT
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by teepain: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

What advantage(s) have we taken of the current lockdown?

While lockdown maybe beneficial, it has to be a part of an overall strategy. The necessary twin step of lockdown is rapid testing. But how many people have we tested since lockdown?!

At this testing rate, Lagos and Abuja may need to be on lockdown for 8 months, God forbid.

You cannot keep people at home for more than a month without palliatives. Even countries with better per capita income understand this basic principle.

Besides, what sense does it make when you force people to stay at home and government officials paid with tax payers money didn't think twice before attending a burial ceremony that is capable of escalating infections and there are no sanctions as we speak.

Foolishness in high places is what is on display!

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
senseless contribution
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2020
The crappy "lockjam" isn't working. Clearly...

Just do away with it. After adopting an alternative tactics to tackle the virus that is.

It's time to put an end to this failed experiment called a lockdown. Nigeria can't pull it off.

My opinion.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by reubenobi(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

Have you been to a war before? Stop saying nonsense.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Maobichek: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2020
Nwanyiogwashi:
cheesy grin cheesy grin hunger is wiring some people well well cheesy grin
Hahaaaa!!! you may not understand ok, this is the worst pandemic ever, every Nigerian need palliatives now.
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by blowjohn(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by dederocs(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2020
solmus:

Everybody talking trash up and down... NLC isn't World Health Organisation so let them keep shut

are you okay?
no be World Health Organisation say this- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-52268320

or are you being fed and kept by a guardian/parent... If you wan stay inside remain there no wan force you out. maybe you are idle.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Luckydubby7(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
. Oga u lied. Economy of Lagos should unlock down
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Sufisunni: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2020
B3sty:
Hmmmm. NLC, the Toothless Bull Dog has Spoken ... Let's wait to Hear from the Government too if they also want to Lift the Ban on Lockdown...My Fear is the Continuous rise in Cases of COVID 19, at this Rate, will the Govt still want to lift the Ban? How do we Curtail the Spread?
God Help your Children, We have Sinned, Pls Have Mercy On Us....Amen!
unfortunately, the rate at which testing is being is quite slow and because of community transmission, NCDC will continue to detect more Covi-19 patients even if the lockdown continues up till December. You need massive testing -say 100k testing per week for people with COVID-19 symptoms and serious social distance and lockdown. However, not only Nigeria even developed countries like UK and US are having challenges for testing. Unfortunately the measures Nigeria has taken, aren't curtailing spread of coronavirus and is hampering the economy!

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by SpaceAngel: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2020
If what's happening abroad is anything to go by, we are attacking this stuff with kid gloves. Why didn't they do total lockdown the first two weeks. People are moving around in lagos. It's not coordinated well.
If it's done the way it is currently. Even if they continue for the next two months nothing will be achieved. People move around unhindered and business is as usual. It's mainly offices that are shut down.

Very soon, the economy will crash with inactivity both locally and externally with low oil price

I pity this country.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by InvertedHammer: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2020
/

1 month extension should be in order.

\
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by mvem(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2020
allthingsgood:
oga people will die in thousands with the continuous lockdown...even some with medical conditions can't even have easy access to the hospital, no money to treat them....oga naija is the poverty capital of the world and you have to get the bigger picture that continuous lockdown will indirectly kill those thousands you are trying to save...everywhere in the world the government is relaxing their lockdown and these are European countries that are far richer than us....you can't compare them with us but you think we can sustain a lockdown

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Bevista: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2020
sunshineV:
Please don't extend it. We'll take our chances
Agreed.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by lebienconnu: 9:58am On Apr 23, 2020
Practically, there is no effective lockdown at all anywhere in Nigeria presently. The aim of lockdown is to curtail community transmission which has been ongoing even before coronavirus was christened covid-19.

If we had a working death registry in Nigeria before the disease gained media prominence we would have easily realised that its effect is negligible. 28 deaths from covid-19 complications over a month. Someone should please publish the number of deaths from severe malaria nationwide over the last two weeks.

End lockdown. Make face mask compulsory and encourage people to wash thier hands frequently. Life goes on.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by infogeneral: 9:59am On Apr 23, 2020
They should propose another strategy to curb the spread aside lockdown. Don't just come and tell us about problems without solutions.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Seun360(m): 9:59am On Apr 23, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
Even Ghana that recorded about 1000 deaths have lift up the lockdown

1000 deaths in Ghana, na you kill them abi?
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Moji12(f): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:

They are not even considering the children here, how will the manage the pandemic? They are naive. For how long will they put on face mask and not touch their eyes nose or mouth. Obedience is better than sacrifice that is what i know

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 23, 2020
Mskrisx:
With the lockdown cases are still arising.
If I was in the hem of affairs in the country this would be my suggestions;

1. No interstate movement.
2. Wear facemask or die by fire. (North Korean style)
3. Before you can open your business, you must get tested.
4. Schools cant open for now.

You only listed four? Add uncountable pearls on your lists, they won't yield result in a swinish nation. We're just wasting time, too many pearls wasted upon this sham country....

Final solution: secede!
Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Koolking(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2020
festacman:
1. The danger of COVID-19 becoming widespread still lurking as daily tests reveal more cases especially in Lagos State.

2. However, extending the presidential lockdown will be ill-advised because people are now merely hanging in there and waiting agonizingly for midnight of Monday 27 April. Hell will be let loose if extension happens.

3. Given the basic nature of our economy, it might be dangerous for businesses to have too long a downtime as government may not be able to give massive stimulus.

It is catch-22 situation but times like these are why people stood in the son to vote for some people.

Never assume the worst. No hell will be let loose if govt extends the lockdown. Humans are selfish and would always want what's best for him/her. Govt on the other hand wants what's best for all. People are hungry, I get it, but trust me, no one wants to put himself at a disadvantage position with govt.
Govt is hit the hardest with the lockdown.
With no vaccine against COVID-19, human race is on the brink of extinction. Extreme situation requires extreme measures. I support any measure by govt to curb the spread. This is the only option available to us.
Human has a tendency to adjust and adapt to any situation. After God is govt.

Re: Coronavirus: Don’t Extend Lockdown, NLC Tells FG by Splazy(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2020
Really we in a critical situation where normal rules no longer apply..am about to relocate to Mars where i came from..the evil forces pushing hard to overwhelm earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Zakari & Alysa Wed: Governor Sule Attends Son's Wedding In The US / Peter Obi On Bourdillon Road Without Security Details (Throwback Photos) / Federal Cabinet: Security Agencies Screen Names Submitted By Buhari [see List]