Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Pdp Wins In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Wins In Delta State (1228 Views)

Presidential Result In Akwa Ibom: PDP Wins, APC Rejects Result - The Nation / PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Wins In Delta State by Justcash(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
Uduaghan has just been announced as the winner of the Delta state governorship election re-run.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by redsun(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
That was a rogue election.uduagban is a rogue,so is GEJ for backing him Innocent nigerians,REBEL and stop taking sh_it
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2011
A very sad day for the people of Delta state and Nigerians in general. Ater 50yrs we still cannot conduct free, fair and trouble free elections in a single state.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by onadickson: 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
PdP again embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Akhenaten: 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
There is a definite need for a revolution in Nigeria. A revolution led by the people to throw off the yoke of tyranny led by the Nigerian political/military elite who continue to cheat the Nigerian people from a comfortable living. When will the Nigerian people rise up? Is Nigeria a nation of cowards? I have pondered this question for many years.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by wesley80(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
A deserved victory but one that didnt come easily. Despite obvious irregularities, the final result was a reflection of d will of the 'Majority' of Deltans.
A huge improvement from elections in the past and finally, peoples votes counted -at least mine did- and it was peaceful in most areas. There's still a lot to be perfected but all in all, Jega gets my thumbs up. Great Job.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by SkyBlue1: 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
redsun:

That was a rogue election.uduagban is a rogue,so is GEJ for backing him Innocent nigerians,REBEL and stop taking sh_it

Uduaghan is a rogue because he is PDP? What if Ogboru had won? Because he is opposition he is automatically innocent, incorruptible, and a victim and Uduaghan couldn't possibly have any support in the state, right? People need to start being a bit more consistent with their arguments. Considering all the noise you hear from Rivers State about the works Amaechi is doing, if there was to be an election tomorrow would it surprise you if Amaechi won? And yet Amaechi is PDP, so what does that tell you? Nigeria needs credible and strong opposition parties to keep politicians on their toes. Arguing that elections weren't free and fair based on the evidences of election rigging (not rumours) and general electoral malpractice is one thing, but assuming elections weren't free and fair simply because the person you would rather have won didn't is a tad childish. I would like the idea of voting for Ribadu during the presidential elections but I don't really know how serious he is I have not seen him campaigning as much as the others (I might be wrong). You can't keep blaming people for their choice when the list of viable alternatives aren't always appealing.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Wesley80,

Go and suck lemon in hell. That was a damn useless, fraudulent election. Only people like you can talk such rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Skyblue,

It all depends on your interpretation of campaigning. probably sharing money and bag of rice huh
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by blacksta(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
Akhenaten:

There is a definite need for a revolution in Nigeria. A revolution led by the people to throw off the yoke of tyranny led by the Nigerian political/military elite who continue to cheat the Nigerian people from a comfortable living. When will the Nigerian people rise up? Is Nigeria a nation of cowards? I have pondered this question for many years.

Rise up is not in the dictionary of a typical Nigerian.  Fela don talk am  - Nigerian are PHD holders in the act of suffering and smiling.  I doubt if Mr Great government would have been anyway different. Every single Nigerian is compromised.  Imagine my own mother telling me " if i ever get into government that i should make sure i chop my own share".  Nobody believes in the Nigerian project hence it is doom to fail.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Abagworo(m): 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2011
This will not be an easy ride for PDP.I will be busy watching the drama unfold.Arsons,assassinations and militancy.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by SkyBlue1: 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
wesley80:

A deserved victory but one that didnt come easily. Despite obvious irregularities, the final result was a reflection of d will of the 'Majority' of Deltans.
A huge improvement from elections in the past and finally, peoples votes counted -at least mine did- and it was peaceful in most areas. There's still a lot to be perfected but all in all, Jega gets my thumbs up. Great Job.

We share similar sentiments. Not in anyway claiming there were no irregularities (would be surprised if there weren't), but if this election is a valid prelude for the April elections then I am optimistic. Federal elections afterall seem to be less violently and toughly fought than state level ones (my view). What is most important is that people who can, go out and vote. If you don't like a particular candidate go and vote for the one you prefer. I don't see how people who are able to vote in the country and don't do so (probably using the same worn out excuse that their votes won't count anyway) can claim any moral right or justification for criticising the government that emerges, it just makes no sense and is quite irritating.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by SkyBlue1: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

@Skyblue,

It all depends on your interpretation of campaigning. probably sharing money and bag of rice huh

Why not stop assuming what I "probably" think and ask me a question if you have any?
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Blacksta,

Well if your theory is correct, then the country had better split, let everyone go thier way.

See the real issue, is that greed has eaten to deep that we are finding it difficult to cure ourselves
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by wesley80(m): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Sochan, Sochan, Sochan.
I see its your nature to thrive in d midst of ignorance and naivety. No sooner is your foolishness is brought to d fore in a thread than u scurry like some frightened rat 2 d next thread infested with d likes of those u can only co-habit with.
A few questions 4 u b4 I whoop yr tailed backside;
1) R u a Deltan?
2) Do u live in Delta state?
3) Have u ever moved across d senatorial districts to get a feel of what people think?
4) Did u vote?
5) Did u make an attempt 2 move around on election day 2 see what was happening?
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by blacksta(m): 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

@Blacksta,

Well if your theory is correct, then the country had better split, let everyone go thier way.

See the real issue, is that greed has eaten to deep that we are finding it difficult to cure ourselves

I would prefer Nigeria to remain one but a school of thought argues " it is complete insanity to expect a different result whilst performing contrary actions".  

The Referendum vote in Sudan would set precedence in Africa and will eventually spread across the region starting with the hotspots.  Ivory Coast might be Next.

If I am correct Africa remains the only continent where forced amalgamation is still practised and Maybe peace and prosperity lies in smaller units.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
@wesley80,

I pity people like you who dont even understand when they have been raped and molested.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Blacksta,

So was Iraq. hence all the wahala there.

Old boy. I can tell you for certain the the elections yesterday was terrible, absolutely terrible. But you know, there is only so much one can do. Nigerians are really not prepared for change, we are not. Come April PDP will do the same thing and people will come on here are start talking rubbish.

Like someone said, Good Old Fela was right
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Vigilante: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
Na lie. There should be a run-off since PDP does not have up 2/3 L.G.A
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Vigilante: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
PDP has 14 and DPP has 11 L.G.A. Delta has 25 L.G.A and 2/3 is 16. No clear winner yet.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by wesley80(m): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Sochan. I know u're obviously semi literate but pls questions r meant 2 be answered so please answer my questions. So I can help you prepare a nostrum 4 your illness.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by OAM4J: 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
Vigilante:

PDP has 14 and DPP has 11 L.G.A. Delta has 25 L.G.A and 2/3 is 16. No clear winner yet.           
Vigilante:

Na lie. There should be a run-off since PDP does not have up 2/3 L.G.A     

No sir. To be declared a winner you must have the majority vote casts and have at least 25% vote casts in 2/3 of the State local govts (not win in 2/3 of Local govt)

Technically, PDP has won.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

A very sad day for the people of Delta state and Nigerians in general. Ater 50yrs we still cannot conduct free, fair and trouble free elections in a single state.

What evidence do you have of election rigging or unfairness of the kind you accuse INEC of here? shocked sad sad sad
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Vigilante: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
@OAM4J - thanks for the correction and thanks for being civil in your response. Its rare here on NL
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by IbroYaya: 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
Sky Blue:

Uduaghan is a rogue because he is PDP? What if Ogboru had won? Because he is opposition he is automatically innocent, incorruptible, and a victim and Uduaghan couldn't possibly have any support in the state, right? People need to start being a bit more consistent with their arguments. Considering all the noise you hear from Rivers State about the works Amaechi is doing, if there was to be an election tomorrow would it surprise you if Amaechi won? And yet Amaechi is PDP, so what does that tell you? Nigeria needs credible and strong opposition parties to keep politicians on their toes. Arguing that elections weren't free and fair based on the evidences of election rigging (not rumours) and general electoral malpractice is one thing, but assuming elections weren't free and fair simply because the person you would rather have won didn't is a tad childish. I would like the idea of voting for Ribadu during the presidential elections but I don't really know how serious he is I have not seen him campaigning as much as the others (I might be wrong). You can't keep blaming people for their choice when the list of viable alternatives aren't always appealing.

Please tell these people o.
I get irritated when I see childish argument all the time. Because PDP won, it means the elections was rigged.
These people keep making noise here without registering to cast there votes. PDP will keep winning as far as the opposition is not strong enough to withstand it. Never forget every party has good candidates and bad candidates and  in Nigeria, every party shares money.

I believe this election was victory for democracy because of the strength of the contenders. I personally would have loved Ogboru to win, but uduaghan actually had the major support because what he might have achieved.
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by sochan: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2011
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by Mariory(m): 12:15am On Jan 08, 2011
You know what's funny, the picture above the video at Sahara's is the same picture from the New York times depicting rigging at the 2007 elections.
Are we sure the video is even from 2011?

Some of you along with SR are making big fools of yourselves. Accept the defeat and move on.

Times Pic: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/world/africa/16nigeria.html?_r=2
Sahara Link: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/video-delta-re-run-stealing-ballots
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by SkyBlue1: 12:31am On Jan 08, 2011
Mariory:

You know what's funny, the picture above the video at Sahara's is the same picture from the New York times depicting rigging at the 2007 elections.
Are we sure the video is even from 2011?

Some of you along with SR are making big fools of yourselves. Accept the defeat and move on.

Times Pic: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/world/africa/16nigeria.html?_r=2
Sahara Link: http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/video-delta-re-run-stealing-ballots

You know what is even funnier than that? The New York times captions the picture as a scene from Ekiti state. So the picture is not for the 2011 elections, and it is not even in Delta State. Sahara Reporters  cheesy
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by warrior01: 12:35am On Jan 08, 2011
p-d-p=power
Re: Pdp Wins In Delta State by politicalpastor: 3:15am On Mar 19, 2013
Akhenaten: There is a definite need for a revolution in Nigeria. A revolution led by the people to throw off the yoke of tyranny led by the Nigerian political/military elite who continue to cheat the Nigerian people from a comfortable living. When will the Nigerian people rise up? Is Nigeria a nation of cowards? I have pondered this question for many years.

nigeria is a nation of fear, and the people living there are cawords. and animals who dont want to be slutard.
like you, u cant even hurt a fly talkless of starting a revolk. thats why ur government keeps stealing both ur vote and
u peopelife. the earlier the people fight and revolt against tyranny, the better for the futuof nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Women In Hijab Protest Discrimination / Breaking The Stranglehold Of The Sarakis In Kwara; Say No To Fatah Ahmed? / Floods: Senate Rejects Lagos’ Cry For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.