Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid (2467 Views)

Gaza Hospital Patient: Hamas Should Go To Hell And Hide There ( Pics, Video) / Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash / Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2020
For most of his life as a pitchman, Trump has only had his own reputation on the line. But now, in the middle of a generational health crisis, lives are at stake.

In an eye-popping moment, Trump doubled down on his claim that sunlight and the festering humidity of high summer could purge the virus in his latest grab for a game-changer therapy.

Then, he asked aides on camera whether zapping patients with light or injecting disinfectant into the lungs to clean sick patients from inside could cure them of the disease.

"Maybe you can, maybe you can't. Again I say maybe you can, maybe you can't. I'm not a doctor. I'm like a person who has a good you-know-what," Trump said, pointing to his head.

Trump's comments made his extravagant claims for the unproven use of the anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine seem peer-reviewed by comparison. And they were ironic, given rising criticism that he repeatedly discredits science that conflicts with his rosy claims the pandemic will soon be over.

Trump's bizarre performance came as the horrible dilemma he faces between keeping the economy closed to halt the virus and getting people back to work became even more stark.

New data Thursday showed that 26 million Americans have lost their jobs in five weeks, reflecting the terrible human impact the current emergency can have even on people who don't get sick. The number of US deaths moved towards 50,000 as the virus dug into more communities -- even as a clutch of states laid plans to open back up.

Trump hits back amid critiques of his anti-science approach

The President spent little time at his daily briefing explaining his thinking on how he might safely pilot the nation out of this crisis, instead reaching for a new narrative more hopeful than the grim reality in his latest example of "miracle" thinking on how to beat the pandemic.

He called upon William Bryan, acting director of the Homeland Security Department's Science and Technology directorate, to unveil research into the coronavirus's susceptibility to heat and light.

Bryan presented data showing that in some circumstances sunlight can reduce the half-life of the virus on a surface or in the air from 18 hours to less than two minutes.

"That's how much of an impact U.V. rays has on the virus," Bryan said. He also spoke about how effective bleach and other disinfectants could be at eradicating the pathogen in areas that were not exposed to sunlight in interesting research that could help Americans understand how to clean surfaces.

But Trump, who appeared fascinated by the possibilities, posed a question of entirely different magnitude: "Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light ... supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do, either through the skin or in some other way?" Trump asked, possibly thinking of an analogy to radiation treatment, which can be used to treat cancers.

Then the President pondered another idea: "I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute.

"Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs?"

A few moments later, Trump asked Dr. Deborah Birx, a top member of his pandemic task force, whether heat and light could be combined as a cure for someone facing the cascade of coronavirus complications including respiratory problems, cardiac issues and kidney failure that can be caused when the body tries to fight the virus and overreacts.

The veteran MD and internationally renowned public health expert -- who was seated off to the side -- appeared to struggle with how to respond.

"Not as a treatment ... it's a good thing when you have a fever, it helps your body respond. But .. I've not seen heat for viruses."

When Trump was subsequently asked why he was touting rumored cures and not medically proven science, the President reacted angrily, accusing the reporter of pushing fake news.

"I'm just here to present talent. I'm here to present ideas because we want ideas to get rid of this thing." Trump said.

The surreal nature of the spectacle later prompted CNN's Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta to reflect on air: "This is sort of becoming President Trump's traveling medicine show."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/24/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-disinfectant-sunlight-science/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Nairalandmonika: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Trump go just dey talk rubbish dey hype himself.

Modified
Let no idiot reply me that I support buhari because I criticize Trump. I don't understand how criticizing Trump became support 4 buhari.

Buhari and Trump are two dumb fellow but buhari is extra because he is dumb and lifeless at thesame time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by JasonJidenna(m): 7:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
Trump go just dey talk rubbish dey hype himself.
What has your own President, Major Gen. M.Buhari (rtd) said?

Don't be an hypocrite.

11 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by helinues: 7:20am On Apr 24, 2020
Carry out such an operation without the consent of the patients?
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by donbachi(m): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2020
US should go for artificial sunlight.
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by CodeTemplar: 7:26am On Apr 24, 2020
That's like drinking rat poison to kill rat or smoking mosquito coil for mosquito's and malaria to die. Coronavirus also enters the blood and it is a matter time before it relocates the lungs.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by garetz: 7:27am On Apr 24, 2020
Fake News by fake news CNN

2 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by JasonJidenna(m): 7:34am On Apr 24, 2020
KenOne:

But don't you think is better you say nothing than say rubbish. Trump is making sure he carries first as the one who suggested the cure for Covid-19.

It reminds me of my primary school days whenever a teacher ask questions i am always the first to raise my hand even when i don't know the answer so that i will be looked like a brilliant child.
Of what benefit has General buhari silence brought to the country?

Atleast Trump is suggesting, unlike the dullard who's been pushed around like an old rusty Volkswagen beetle.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 7:38am On Apr 24, 2020
garetz:
Fake News by fake news CNN
Open it, a video was attached. It’s even trending on twitter in the United States.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Xisnin(m): 7:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Dumbs Trump.
He says so many meaningless things such that when one of them somehow becomes
partially correct, he can claim the glory.
If it goes wrong, he will deny it.

This is the same strategy used by our local fake pastors who release many inconsistent "prophecies".

4 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Inteltower: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2020
his making sense. except for the disinfectant part
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by DanseMacabre(m): 7:54am On Apr 24, 2020
grin

This is stupidity of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 7:57am On Apr 24, 2020
Inteltower:
his making sense.
except for the disinfectant part
What other sense did he make? The heating up with UV light?

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by JAMO84: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2020
I miss seeing a real president at the white house

5 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Inteltower: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2020
ThinkFreely:
What other sense did he make? The heating up with UV light?

he came up with ideas. and scientist may know to do such. isn't there radiation therapy for cancer patients.

so dey reason
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by garetz: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Open it, a video was attached. It’s even trending on twitter in the United States.
Trump didn't suggest it, he said a suggestion has been made by some medical experts to that effect then he asked Dr Birx if she has heard about it. This is complete fake news by CNN to be saying it was Trump that made the suggestion.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by garetz: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2020
JAMO84:
Obama was an idiot in chief, not a Commander in chief

4 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by olamidedivotee(f): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Better president unlike president lifeless
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Susu888(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2020
His high on bullsh*t grin

A whole U.S president, honestly ...what an ass! See reasoning abeg.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 8:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Inteltower:

he came up with ideas. and scientist may know to do such. isn't there radiation therapy for cancer patients.

so dey reason
You don’t ask such questions if you paid attention in your elementary science classes.
Those questions were utterly unacceptable on national tv for a president. It’s embarrassing

3 Likes

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 8:14am On Apr 24, 2020
garetz:

Trump didn't suggest it, he said a suggestion has been made by some medical experts to that effect then he asked Dr Birx if she has heard about it. This is complete fake news by CNN to be saying it was Trump that made the suggestion.
Bro, we saw the video.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by tsinzu: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2020
JAMO84:
This devilish morōn was the worse thing to ever happen to America. Obama was the worst American president ever.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by tsinzu: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Bro, we saw the video.
What video did you see
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by socialmediaman: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2020
garetz:

Where was the suggestion made, and who made the suggestion, if he wasn’t the one suggesting it? By the way that’s not what a president says publicly if there’s no research backing it up... because millions of people rely on what he says, don’t be surprised if some people are already trying it at home because the president brought the idea on the table

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by ThinkFreely: 8:16am On Apr 24, 2020
tsinzu:

What video did you see
You see, you didn’t open the link.

Open the link, the video is also everywhere online.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by tsinzu: 8:17am On Apr 24, 2020
ThinkFreely:
You see, you didn’t open the link.

Open the link, the video is also everywhere online.
I am not the one debating with you, I just want to know the video both of you are talking about .
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Blossomfirst(f): 8:18am On Apr 24, 2020
shocked
Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by Inteltower: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2020
ThinkFreely:
You don’t ask such questions if you paid attention in your elementary science classes.
Those questions were utterly unacceptable on national tv for a president. It’s embarrassing

oh just shut up
who and who termed a particular statement like that an embarrassment.
he doesn't know everything but sometimes in nonsense there is a sense and could inspire a scientist out there to come up with a solution even though not as raw the President said it..ideas come from from mere words and looking at objects.

maths starts with simplicity its from simplicity that you get a fine tuned complexity.
simplicity it naked & raw & complexity is sophisticated.

how can you jump into complexity without understanding basics. 1+1

so shut the hell up
his pitching his unrefined ideas and so what.
the world is in an epidemic state and seeking solutions but what you care for is how a statement is put out there

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggest Injection Of Disinfectant And Heating Up Patient As Cure For Covid by QuotaSystem: 8:22am On Apr 24, 2020
Trump is no doubt the daftest President America ever had.

He says things even a ten year old wouldn't utter.

Disinfecting the lungs with a disinfectant? Lol.

How about swallowing condoms to strengthen the immune system & cure HIV?

Such an arrogant dunce.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biden America Anti God, Forced Vaccinations,Mass Shootings, Attacks On Asians, / The 20-lane Highway... / #LiveUpdate/Results: Ongoing American Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.