Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship (446 Views)

Again, CBN Raises Import Duty Rate By Another 4.4% In 24 Hours / Orji Kalu Resumes Duty At Senate, After COVID Isolation / Uche Ogah Resumes Duty At Mines And Steel Ministry(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship by pinardave: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
If you complain about this present administration, it will be as if you dont want the progress of the country. While other countries are giving palliative measures to their citizens, Nigerian government just skyrocketed the duty being paid by importers at the pick of economic crisis and coronavirus lock-down.
Nobody anticipated this lockdown before importing some of these goods at the point of clearing, they just all of a sudden increased duty without notice. This is very insensitive and evil for a government to inflict more harm to the people at this period.
Re: Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship by DigitalBrands01: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
I'm not sure I'm surprise

1 Like

Re: Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship by xreal: 2:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
I'm not sure I'm surprise

https://punchng.com/tension-as-cbn-increases-exchange-rate-for-cargo-imports/

Dollar to Naira exchange rate was increased.
Re: Customs Increased Import Duty At The Pick Of Economic Hardship by Igbudu1: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2020
I don't know if this news had made front page ..

Pls how do we get it there ?

@Seun ,Or any other admin or moderator..

Pls let's get this to the know of many people as there would be a huge negative effect to very many people in the country

(1) (Reply)

Why North? / BREAKING: Judge Who Annulled June 12 Presidential Election Dies Of Coronavirus / We Are Ready For Elections Anyday , Say Obaseki, Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.