Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters (803 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Delta Election Tribunal Sacks Two PDP Lawmakers / Ifeanyi Okowa Wins Delta Guber, Labour 2nd, APC 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by Zechy09: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
It is obvious that we have a lot of growing up to do, I just read an article showing that PDP worn the delta polls, the interesting thing there is that the number of comments about the election being rigged is mind blowing. I am just gradually concluding the personal research I was doing to understand why the views on Nairaland and other forums don't reflect the views of the masses. On the internet the Uduaghan Govt is really hated by all deltans but on the ground the votes say otherwise. My question is 1) do you feel the election was rigged ?
2) do u feel the people ranting on the internet don't actually vote?
3) do u feel it is about the naive masses and the villagers and not the internet users?

I feel politicians will soon stop bothering with the internet users as they are much fewer than the villagers that actually do the voting.
I need your veiws
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by tpia1: 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
a lot of nlers are outside the country.

what they're doing is more like trying to create pressure groups and [perhaps] think tanks, but the actual people who make the decisions that matter, are silent even if they're observers on the web.
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by PapaBrowne(m): 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
The truth is that the middle class, of which internet users are a part of never venture out on election day. They stay at home, enjoying the holidays,eating chicken and insulting PDP. Urbanites are not the voters. It is ruralites that do much of the voting that is the result we are seeing in Delta election.

Of all the Nairalaners complaining of rigging, I haven't read from any one of them who said they went out to vote.
Most of the people I know in Warri who were shouting Ogboru on wednesday stayed at home yesterday and still expected Ogboru to win. PDP on the other hand went out to the villages and doled out cash and items and the villagers trooped out en mass to give Uduaghan victory. If you look at the result of the election, Uduaghan's victory came from the riverine areas and that is an area Ogboru obviously wouldn't bother campaigning in for fear of insecurity.

Any wise politician would ignore city people and focus on the villagers because their votes are cheap to buy and they don't read all the rantings of the opposition on the pages of the newspapers!

PDP will continue to win elections until opposition parties learn that power is not given to you because you complained. You can only take it by force!!
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by sochan: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Zechy09,

Sorry oh, but what has Uduaghan done for the masses for you to think that he is so loved? Please I want concrete answers.

The truth is that Nigeria has not grown politically. in 2011 it is still chicken and rice politics. Nigerians still dont understand why things must be done the right way, I even hear people endorsing money giving and bribery, it is our way they say, meanwhile nothing works in the state.

Like someone rightfully put it, The rape victim believes it is her fault.
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by PapaBrowne(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

@Zechy09,

Sorry oh, but what has Uduaghan done for the masses for you to think that he is so loved? Please I want concrete answers.

The truth is that Nigeria has not grown politically. in 2011 it is still chicken and rice politics. Nigerians still dont understand why things must be done the right way, I even hear people endorsing money giving and bribery, it is our way they say, meanwhile nothing works in the state.

Like someone rightfully put it, The violation victim believes it is her fault.

I don't think anyone is endorsing money giving and bribery. What is at stake is power. You have to do what ever it takes within the ambit of the law to grab that power. Sadly financial inducement is not illegal in use as tool for winning over voters, hence it falls within the ambit of the law. What opposition has to do is to raise the bar. Get more people who are enlightened to come out and vote. Thats the only way victory can come their way. Not by screaming foul on the pages of newspapers and on the internet.
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by sochan: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2011
@Papabrowne

Sadly financial inducement is not illegal in use as tool for winning over voters, hence it falls within the ambit of the law.

Are you frigging kidding me? inducement with cash is not wrong? Well i guess only in ngiera this rubbish can happen, and people like you will say it is ok.

I think my discussion with you guys is over. Let us wait and see what happens
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by Nsiman(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
Online polls can't reflect the wishes of the people as a single person can have as many different usernames as possible
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by PapaBrowne(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
sochan:

@Papabrowne

Sadly financial inducement is not [b]Legality in use as tool for winning over voters, hence it falls within the ambit of the law.[/b]

Are you frigging kidding me? inducement with cash is not wrongmoral? Well i guess only in ngiera this rubbish can happen, and people like you will say it is ok.

I think my discussion with you guys is over. Let us wait and see what happens

Legality and Morality are two different things. To me, financial inducements are surely immoral, but they are not illegal. Now morality is relative to an individual, while legality is tied to the constitution.
Sochan, Enlighten yourself so you don't end up with wrong assumptions.
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by seanet02: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2011
Magomago election. Stop dressing a pig with lipsticks
Re: Pdp Wins Delta Election: Internet Voters Vs The Real Voters by sochan: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
@papabrowne,

Just go an sit down. People like you are the reason Nigeria is in the state it is. not crooks like Uduaghan, but those who see wrong but call them right.

By the way check the link out below. In countries with morals, people are purnished for even lesser crimes than udughan has comitted.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-581462.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is D Awolowo Of D North & A Progressive Voice Dat Should Be Ignored / Husband Charged To Court For Pouring Acid On His Beautiful Wife / Jk Randle Wins In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.