Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,737 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Roses And Thorns - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roses And Thorns (71377 Views)

Roses And Thorns (7) / "My 2021 Story." (roses And Thorns) / Purple Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2020
DemiKOL:

Here I am. Thanks for the invite.

you welcome boo

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 6:17am On Apr 30, 2020
Bemby69:
Just joined the queue ! Very interesting piece , waiting for the updates.

you are welcome honey, thanks for reading.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2020
Khriztarl:
interesting one you got here damselposh.. Ride on ma.

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by Ujunwa14(f): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2020
These two soldiers won't kill me with laugh sha.

Joel should better go back there ooo, Melody's life is in danger.

Well done damsel.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2020
Lol, "punching". grin

Well done Damselposh
Re: Roses And Thorns by Abdulrasaq1995(m): 8:00am On Apr 30, 2020
What a lovely story...finally catch-up with u guys...weldone Op...more update pls
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ann2012(f): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2020
PrudySara:
Thanks for the mention dearie...
Ann2012 are u here? Please bring that popcorn

Popcorn coming right away with fresh juice wink

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 11:46am On Apr 30, 2020
Nice piece you have got here OP

Ride on
Re: Roses And Thorns by Khriztarl(f): 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lolz.
Funny set. Joel & ebube.
Oga Captain please go back o. Though am pretty sure you would meet melody at the burial, but what if... *swallows_spit* Lets not go there.

weldone damsh.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Shedrack36(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
nice story, thanks
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:14am On May 01, 2020
CHAPTER NINE

It was on a Friday, the day Joel's fiance was being buried and as well a very hectic day for him. Mercy's father said he wanted his daughter to be buried in his house in the city. Joel looked out from the window upstairs as fleets of cars kept on entering the compound. There were five canopies already set up outside and people had already filled them up. Joel was dressed in his full camouflage, he wanted to honor his dead fiance for the last time.

"Are you ready captain?" Ebube asked stepping into the room.

"Yes, i am" Joel replied sadly as he picked up his cap.

"Okay then let's go, the MC is calling for you, it's your turn to read the funeral oration." he replied leaving the room.

They got downstairs and Joel walked straight to the MC giving him a tap on the shoulder. The MC noticed his presence and spoke into the microphone.

"Captain Joel is here for the oration, let's listen attentively" he said handing Joel the microphone.

Joel took the microphone and let out a full breath before he started

"Mercy and i have come a long way, we planned on getting married upon my return from Somalia, we loved each other so much that we couldn't wait to say i do at the alter, but our dreams were cut short when someone killed her." He stopped, dabbed his eyes with a handkerchief and then continued.

"I made a promise to her that i will put her killer behind bars and i will stop at nothing till i fulfill the promise. farewell my morning Rose, goodbye my sunshine, go well the love of my life, my oyibo pepper, i will never rest until i find your killer, rest well until we meet to part no more" he said giving the MC back the microphone, he walked towards Ebube who had his hands opened for a consoling hug.

"It's okay man, you will be fine" Ebube told him while patting his back.

"So i will never get to see mercy again? Jesus Christ !!!, it is too painful" he sobbed.

"I know how you feel Man trust me, but if only tears could bring back the dead, she would have been back to life already because her mother already cried an ocean." Ebube replied soothingly.

"I will surely find her killer, that's a promise" he said gritting his teeth.

"Yo man, there is this suspicious guy that is staring at you right now, he is standing beside the black Prado Jeep, just stylishly check" he whispered to Joel as he slowly disengaged from the hug.

Joel wiped his tears and lifted his gaze towards the black Prado Jeep, he saw a slim tall guy, he wore a face cap, a hoodie and a very big sunshade, his dressing showed he wanted to hide his face from people. He carefully watched him not wanting to take his gaze off and at that moment, the lady he saw at the dump site walked past heading towards the gate, then the suspicious looking young man followed her almost immediately.

"I will be back bro" Joel said to Ebube heading towards the gate.

"Where are you going to" Ebube asked but then Joel had already gone far off, he decided to follow him in case he wanted to do anything stupid.

Melody hissed again as she walked towards the gate and outside the compound. Madam Bola, the caterer they contracted for the ceremony sent her to the company Van parked outside the compound, she was told to bring the remaining cooler of rice so that it could be transferred to the buffet. The woman hated Melody the moment she saw her because she wasn't one of her staff, she wanted just her girls to do the job and collect the money. She rolled her eyes, if not that Mama Kola had put too much effort into getting the job for her, she would have gone home with anger.

She walked straight to the Van, unlocked it and almost screamed at the size of the cooler.

"Hiaa ooo, i hope they are not expecting just me to carry this big cooler of rice? abegggii, i can not come and kill myself because of 20 thousand naira, person wey don die no dey come back to life again" she said locking up the Van.

She decided to go and call for help, she had only walked few metres away from the Van when an erie feeling got hold of her, the same strong male cologne from the other night hit her nose, her heart started beating fast, she started walking fast towards the gate. She decided to look back and check if she would see anybody, she bumped into someone and almost screamed before she saw who it was. "The handsome soldier man that read the oration few minutes ago".

"Thank God it is you sir, i nearly peed on my body" she said breathing heavily.

"What are you doing here? and why do you look scared" Joel asked wondering what she could be doing at the funeral but then when he saw the T-SHIRT she wore, he immediately knew that she came with the catering company.

"I was sent to get a cooler of rice that is why i am outside, but then i had the feeling that i was being watched, i walked away in fear before i bumped into you." she said trying to calm herself down.

"Wait a minute, how did you know someone was watching you?" Joel asked.

"The person followed me the other night down to my street, and when i told my neighbor to help me flash her torch, the stalker ran away" she said already breathing normally.

"Okay? how did you know he followed you today?"

"his cologne sir, i perceived it the other night when he followed me and i still perceived it today" she replied.

"What did you say you came out to do again?" Joel asked.

"I came to get a cooler of rice"

"Where is it then?" he asked

"It is too big for only me to carry, i was going to get help before you came out" she shrugged.

"Come let me help you" he said heading towards the Van. Joel asked.

10 Likes

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:15am On May 01, 2020
Ujunwa14:
These two soldiers won't kill me with laugh sha.

Joel should better go back there ooo, Melody's life is in danger.

Well done damsel.

thanks babe
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:16am On May 01, 2020
Preshbeauty:
Lol, "punching". grin
Well done Damselposh

thanks sweetheart
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2020
Abdulrasaq1995:
What a lovely story...finally catch-up with u guys...weldone Op...more update pls

thanks boo
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:17am On May 01, 2020
Ann2012:

Popcorn coming right away with fresh juice wink

lol

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:18am On May 01, 2020
Embellished:
Nice piece you have got here OP

Ride on

thanks dear
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
Khriztarl:
Lolz.
Funny set. Joel & ebube.
Oga Captain please go back o. Though am pretty sure you would meet melody at the burial, but what if... *swallows_spit* Lets not go there.

weldone damsh.

thanks babe

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:20am On May 01, 2020
Shedrack36:
nice story, thanks

thanks dear
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 10:25am On May 01, 2020
This Melody won't kill me with laugh grin grin

Well done damsel
Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 10:28am On May 01, 2020
Why will they tell my Melody to carry a big cooler of rice alone? They must be joking grin grin

Thanks for the update dear
Re: Roses And Thorns by Khriztarl(f): 10:51am On May 01, 2020
Melody's quite sensitive. That's a good one. #happynewmonthdamsy#
Re: Roses And Thorns by Nobody: 10:55am On May 01, 2020
Wow she has a great sense of smell and l love that.
Her knight in shining armor appeared in time.
Thanks for the update.

Her stalker is Doomed.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ujunwa14(f): 12:09pm On May 01, 2020
This Melody is quite sensitive and funny too.

Well done OP
Re: Roses And Thorns by Silver1996(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Roses And Thorns by Odoogu(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
nothing beats a damn good and clear conscience. well done damselposh, you making all sense.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Bemby69(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2020
You're doing very well , ooin !
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:23am On May 02, 2020
CHAPTER TEN

It was on Monday, three days after the burial, Joel sat down on the sofa in the living room alternating between thinking about his dead fiance and the beautiful lady from the dump site. He didn't want to believe that she was in danger, just then, Ebube came into the living room to join him.

"Hey captain, how are you doing today?" he asked.

"I am good. you know? i can't seem to stop worrying about that lady" he said with a sigh.

"Which lady?" Ebube asked a bit confused.

"The lady from the funeral, what if she is in trouble?" he said sighing heavily.

"You heard what she told us when we dropped her off on Friday, she said she will be fine, you worry too much" Ebube replied picking up the TV remote control.

"I just have this feeling that she needs my help, you needed to have seen how scared she was, my spirit is unsettled" he said shifting uncomfortably on the couch.

"Hey man, you worry too much, if she had accepted your offer to help her, i would have been in support of you helping her, but she said she will be fine, just let her be" Ebube said shuffling through different channels. Just then, Joel's phone rung, he opened his mouth in shock before picking up.

"Hello detective?" he spoke anxiously into the receiver.

"Yes captain, can you meet up with me at the forensic department? I have a very important news to share with you" the person at the other end spoke.

"Sure, i will be right there in a jiffy" Joel replied standing up from the sofa. "I will be right back bro, i got a call from the detective and he said i should meet up with him at the forensic department" he told Ebube.

"Alright man, by the time you get back? food will be ready" Ebube replied with a nod.

"Sure man, because am hungry, i will see you when i get back" he said leaving the house.

He got to the forensic department and saw the detective already standing outside waiting for him.

"Good morning detective" Joel greeted shaking hands with him.

"Good morning captain, they are through with the various tests carried out on the semen we found in your ex fiance's body" he replied

"Okay, is there any Match?"

"The semen found in your ex fiance's body is the same with four other dead ladies which means the same person raped and killed them all, and when i investigated, i found out that all the ladies including your ex fiance have something in common, they have the same physical attributes" he explained bringing four pictures out from a big brown envelope.

"I don't understand, physical attributes how?" Joel asked confused.

"Take a good look at these pictures and tell me your observations" the detective replied giving him the pictures. Joel looked at the pictures for 5 minutes before he finally said.

'Well the ladies all look alike, they are very fair and plumpy, or should i even say yellow" He gave him back the pictures.

"And so was your ex fiance which means one thing" the detective said with a sigh.

"The killer is attracted to very fair and plumpy ladies" Joel spoke cutting the police man short.

"Yes, you have gotten the point now" the detective replied with a smile.

Joel's heart skipped a bit at that moment, his mind went to the lady from the dump site, he spoke immediately

"I need to be somewhere right now, keep me updated" he said heading towards his car.

"Where to captain?" the detective asked loudly.

"The lady, she is just like them and she is in trouble" Joel said driving off leaving the detective wondering which lady he meant.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:24am On May 02, 2020
Preshbeauty:
This Melody won't kill me with laugh grin grin

Well done damsel

thanks Presh
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:25am On May 02, 2020
Embellished:
Why will they tell my Melody to carry a big cooler of rice alone? They must be joking grin grin

Thanks for the update dear

They must really be joking, thanks for reading babe.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Odoogu(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2020
hmm... race to the finish line
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:29am On May 02, 2020
Khriztarl:
Melody's quite sensitive. That's a good one.
#happynewmonthdamsy#

Thanks babe, i wish you all the best.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:39am On May 02, 2020
Humbleness:
Wow she has a great sense of smell and l love that.
Her knight in shining armor appeared in time.
Thanks for the update.

Her stalker is Doomed.

Thanks boo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

Friendlike Enemy: Story By Amponsem Akosua / Me, The Girls, And My Guys Dem / Survival Of The Curse. A Werewolf Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.