Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? (7781 Views)

I See Many Registered Toyota Avalon For Sale, is it a good car / Pls Help!!! My Husband Want To Buy Nigeria Use Muscle For Use Of Taxi / Why Is There So Many Camry (07-09) Muscle For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Princecanada: 9:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
I recently noticed that a lot of Camry muscle both Nigeria used and foreign used are being offered for sale at relative prices, and sometimes very cheap as N1m. I am looking forward to getting my first car and I am considering the Camry muscle. Is there a reason to be concerned?
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by weyreypey: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Princecanada:
I recently noticed that a lot of Camry muscle both Nigeria used and foreign used are being offered for sale at relative prices, and sometimes very cheap as N1m. I am looking forward to getting my first car and I am considering the Camry muscle. Is there a reason to be concerned?
Melting dashboards... compulsorily
Engine oil consumption...due to factory engine defect
I'll stop here... Change of heart... Let's go

2006-11 Toyota Camry: sticky/melting dashboard
For 2006-11 Toyota XV40 Camry vehicles, the polymer which the dashboard is made from may degrade due to sunlight/heat and humidity. As a result, the dashboard surface may:
Become sticky to the touch; and,
Appear shiny and reflect more light, causing increased glare and impaired visibility.
The driver may also experience a 'chemical' smell.

Toyota XV40 Camry: 2AZ-FE oil consumption
The 2.4-litre engine is susceptible to excessive oil consumption due to oil getting past the piston rings and into the combustion chamber. There have been reports of excessive oil consumption for 2AZ-FE powered Camry vehicles with mileages as low as 70,000 kms, though it is more commonly experienced from 100,000 to 120,000 kms

Yeah lest I forget...Dashboard rattles were not uncommon, even on new cars. To fix, the dashboard had to be removed and insulating clips installed.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by weyreypey: 9:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
weyreypey:

For 2006-11 Toyota XV40 Camry vehicles, the polymer which the dashboard is made from may degrade due to sunlight/heat and humidity. As a result, the dashboard surface may:
Appear shiny and reflect more light, causing increased glare and impaired visibility.

The 2.4-litre engine is susceptible to excessive oil consumption due to oil getting past the piston rings and into the combustion chamber. There have been reports of excessive oil consumption for 2AZ-FE powered Camry vehicles with mileages as low as 70,000 kms, though it is more commonly experienced from 100,000 to 120,000 kms

Yeah lest I forget...Dashboard rattles were not uncommon, even on new cars. To fix, the dashboard had to be removed and insulating clips installed.

Question answered

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by weyreypey: 9:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
Oh I forgot....Failed head bolt block thread issues are showing up on 2007 (and earlier) 2AZ-FE engine. Toyota may have fixed the tread problem some time in 2008 with a new block design. The 2AZ-FE has issues of excess oil consumption. Both problems are well known...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by TimmyA: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please do you have any idea about the defects of the 2014 Toyota Camry model
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by dokyOloye: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2020
weyreypey:

Let me add mine grin

Boring car.
The owners are bored of d soulless,basic car grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Princecanada: 6:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Na waooh...these comments are scary. Which do you think is a better alternative for a car in that category.
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by obisite: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:

You took this out my mind... I noticed this too, very clear muscle going at cheap rate,, even almost tox at 1.7, n I begin to wonder, muscle turn Mtn.. Everywhere you go
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by obisite: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2020
weyreypey:

Question answered

You must be right on this dash board stuf..

This reminds me of a fellow's car.. Dash board messy... Actually thought its the way he's unclean with his car..

Menh really falling for the car..
Due to rate of theft on corrola..

But what Toyota model can you recommend for first car.. Within 1.2—1.5,, either toks or naija used... Durable and full economy..
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Fentanyl: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:

ignore all the spam posted by that nuisance up there

meanwhile if you see any Camry "muscle" for 1m, whether Naija used, better run for your life

12 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Princecanada: 7:55am On Apr 25, 2020
obisite:

You took this out my mind... I noticed this too, very clear muscle going at cheap rate,, even almost tox at 1.7, n I begin to wonder, muscle turn Mtn.. Everywhere you go

Someone once said he sold his muscle for 850k. I have seen one for 1m on nairaland here but had gear issues. People were even pricing the car for less still.

It seems I have to look at a different direction now. I think the Avalon 2006-2009 will be a better buy now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Princecanada: 7:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Fentanyl:

ignore all the spam posted by that nuisance up there

meanwhile if you see any Camry "muscle" for 1m, whether Naija used, better run for your life

But my brother, the complaints are too serious to be ignored. Except those complaints are false.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 8:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:

But my brother, the complaints are too serious to be ignored. Except those complaints are false.

Weyreypey has done a great job. Listen to him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by moriss33(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2020
Boss, which car u go come advise person make e buy ?
weyreypey:

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Fentanyl: 8:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:

the issues are massively overblown but more importantly, the poster is a notorious nuisance

also, he has many different monikers, his aim is to cause confusion everywhere

that Vivianat is another of his monikers

anytime you see any of the following monikers, just know it is the same deranged individual

Praxtech
NgcoboP,
Praxisnetworks,
Smartchoiceng,
SmartchoicesNG,
angels09,
searching4love,
searchng4love,
dipolivo,
Kosplay,
smellingmenses,
iLickAnalFungus,
Menstrualpad,
Antagonist,
Smartchoice900,
Vivianat,
CityNGR,
Weyreypey,
legalo,
Asamwababy,
Smartchoiice
comradejeshua
smartchoiices

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2020
moriss33:
Boss, which car u go come advise person make e buy ?

Who knows maybe the more recent edition
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Muscle is too boring and too low.it ages easily with a plastic interior.Lexus has taken over

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by jodeci(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2020
I have never for once experienced lube oil shortage on my camry. I have used the car for 2 years now and over 135k miles. Apart from break pad i have not done any major work on it too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by adanny01(m): 10:11am On Apr 25, 2020
weyreypey:

You have forgotten the transmission. It has the most problematic transmission among the commonly used Toyota products.

The transmission is expensive too.

Most mechanics will now propose a change from the 13pin to 10pin giving birth to other transmission related issues.

Also the AC. Once the Factory AC compressor gets bad, you will not enjoy AC for 2 months straight without repairs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2020
jodeci:
I have never for once experienced lube oil shortage on my camry. I have used the car for 2 years now and over 135k miles. Apart from break pad i have not done any major work on it too.
What year
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2020
adanny01:

You have forgotten the transmission. It has the most problematic transmission among the commonly used Toyota products.

The transmission is expensive too.

Most mechanics will now propose a change from the 13pin to 10pin giving birth to other transmission related issues.

Also the AC. Once the Factory AC compressor gets bad, you will not enjoy AC for 2 months straight without repairs.

This is very serious
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by innytee: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:
I guess the parts are kinda expensive than corolla, hence the owners are finding it difficult to maintain.
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by obisite: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Princecanada:

Someone once said he sold his muscle for 850k. I have seen one for 1m on nairaland here but had gear issues. People were even pricing the car for less still.

It seems I have to look at a different direction now. I think the Avalon 2006-2009 will be a better buy now.

Read views about avalon just this morning,,,
From reviews and comment.. Looks cool..
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by jodeci(m): 11:25am On Apr 25, 2020
Vivianat:

What year

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
jodeci:

Lol..

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by jodeci(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
Vivianat:

Lol..

Was that why u asked? i see.
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Fentanyl: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
jodeci:

Vivianat = Weyreypey

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
jodeci:

Yes.
Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by jodeci(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
Fentanyl:

Vivianat = Weyreypey
That is his business,i have never been part of their fuckery here.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Vivianat(f): 12:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
jodeci:

That is his business,i have never been part of their fuckery here.
Don't join that madman. I laughed because I find it difficult to believe the claims about your xv40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There So Many Registered Camry Muscle For Sale? by Rproxy88(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
I’m using 2010 model and have been using it for almost 4 years never had any serious repair and it’s v6, the dashboard is the only flaw besides no car wey nor Dey boring after getting used to it I intend to sell mine now 1.5m last.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is "Car Running Rich" And "Car Running Lean"? / General Motors To Introduce At Least 23 Electric Vehicles By 2023 / Which Of These Minivan Should I Choose For Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.