Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Answering Questions About; Where Will Relocated Corpers Camp? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Answering Questions About; Where Will Relocated Corpers Camp? (427 Views)

COVID-19: 138 Corpers, Camp Residents Tested Positive / Why Haven't I Gotten My PPA Till Now,i Relocated To Lagos / 10 Ways Corpers Ruin Their Lives During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Answering Questions About; Where Will Relocated Corpers Camp? by corperslodge: 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Permit me to start by saying this post is a response to the questions a group member asked on NYSC Telegram group

Commy "Are we going back to our original camp or relocated camp after d covid19 for dose that applied for relocation?"

The answer to this is quite simple, but we will explain the pretext of this

Let us first answer is NYSC still going to report to camp.

I will not just answer this, but will quote the words of NYSC DIRECTOR-GENERAL, BRIG GEN SHUAIBU IBRAHIM DSS PhD MTRCN
"
Therefore, the Corps Members shall be posted to commence their primary assignments forthwith, while they shall be invited back to the Orientation Camps when the situation improves,

"
This he said in his message to announce the suspension of camp, which is one of the four cardinal programmes of NYSC

How we can build a pretext on this, if we can establish that NYSC will still go back and complete the 21 days, which is compulsory as several training has been scheduled for those period in which 2020 Batch A Corp member could not finish

What now is the fate of relocated/redeployed corpers

One thing to note in this is that what makes a prospective corp members to be make a corper is the swearing in and registration.

With swearing in it can be done anywhere, but the registration especially in the book popularly known in NYSC as the book of life, it make such corp members a full brown member of the youth service in the receiving state.

Therefore it is not a matter of if the corp member is returning to his initial state but he/she is already by the virtue of completing the redeployment process for those who have completed and even those who have report. Especially fill the Book of Life in the receiving state a corper of that new state.

His/Her payment and allowance are made by the new state, especially after 3 months of stay, the ID card reflects the state, new state code issued and even such Corp member pass out and get his certificate and passing out parade from such state.

Let us look at some arguments against this above propositions

What if the state camp cannot occupy us all now. This is a valid point but we also know that each state already has a capacity they can accommodate and relocation will not make them over populate there state with corp member. This is part of why many redeploy to Lagos and will be given Osun or other Western state. Because it is full sometimes.
To also invalidate this argument, what about in a case of passing out parade, even though every corp member are usually not present. But they will be preparing for them, therefore that should not be an excuse.

2nd Argument

But the state don't start paying until after 3 months This also looks valid but in most cases, it is not just the former state paying. State not even pay allowance it is the federal government that pays corpers allowance through the central bank. So this will not really be the case.
In conclusion to simply answer Commy's questions I strongly think you will not need to go back to your former state of you are relocated.

Thanks, if you are yet to join our biggest NYSC community on Telegram, click here and let us together be better informed.
Thanks
Re: Answering Questions About; Where Will Relocated Corpers Camp? by corperslodge: 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Read, comment below on what you think and don't forget to get my website corpers lodge.com
Thanks
Re: Answering Questions About; Where Will Relocated Corpers Camp? by Ddone4: 2:36am On Apr 26, 2020
Camping should even be a choice

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Fate In The Labour Market Ngerian Corper? / Npower NEXIT: Mrs Sadiya Releases New Form For Batch A & B - Kindly See Details / This Happens To Your Body When You Eat Cabbage Every Day (cabbage Benefits)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.