Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 (23881 Views)

Coronavirus: Prepare For The Worst - Osagie Ehanire Tells Nigerians / It Takes A Month To Treat A Coronavirus Patient - Osagie Ehanire / Coronavirus: Leg Shake By Osagie Ehanire And Ayobami Akin - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by sunnyanet(m): 1:10am On Apr 25, 2020
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, has said the most affected age group among those that tested positive to COVID-19 is 31-40 years while the highest COVID-19 fatality rate is among the older generation above 50 years of age. He spoke yesterday in Abuja at the 19th joint national briefing of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.

He added that as at yesterday, 981 people in 25 states and the FCT had been confirmed to have COVID-19. According to him, the 108 additional confirmations were 78 in Lagos, 14 in FCT, five in Ogun, four in Gombe, three in Borno, two in Akwa Ibom and one each in Kwara and Plateau; while 197 persons have been successfully treated for COVID-19 and discharged; and 31 deaths recorded. He added that the high number of new cases was due to on-going community transmission and active case search.

“From our test statistics, the most affected age group among the positives, is 31-40 years while the highest COVID-19 fatality rate is among the older generation above 50 years if age,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-young-nigerians-mostly-infected-minister.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Trustme2(m): 1:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Ok. Na solution we dey find. So so bad news for we kontri

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by bsalawu: 3:21am On Apr 25, 2020
Really

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Ilola(f): 3:25am On Apr 25, 2020
What are they trying to say?
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by SadiqBabaSani: 3:42am On Apr 25, 2020
ok...tell yr professors to work on a cure, or we re just waiting on chinko?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by KirkoBlack: 4:04am On Apr 25, 2020
Lagos is probably the most crowded city in Africa. I believe there's a way to stop this spread or at least to slow it down. I believe using 40% of all the covid 19 resources should be use to fight the virus alone in lagos and give people palliatives (Lagos needs it most) and force people stay home or don't walk the street without a facemask.

In my own opinion, I Dont think they are taking this matter seriously though. Imagine your President delivering prerecorded messages to nigerians (twice) and he probably gonna do the same thing today too

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Neyoohpompy(m): 4:43am On Apr 25, 2020
When are you gonna tell us how much you have looted too?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Neyoohpompy(m): 4:45am On Apr 25, 2020
When are you gonna tell us how much you and your cohort have looted?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by helinues: 5:52am On Apr 25, 2020
We are now in the 6 month battling Coronavirus, yet the world leaders are yet to come up with the cure.

Make big asteroid don't come our way oo for now oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by funmike83(f): 5:53am On Apr 25, 2020
So what are all the prof and researchers in nigeria doing na, we are all waiting for the western world to come up with a vaccine.i can't believe something like this can cripple the world. God i hail o

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Kizzygentle: 5:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Why is it so? Give us reasons why its so. Do more research please on why the more covid positive cases are between d ages of 31-40. I just want to be more enlightened.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by ahmEenu(m): 5:54am On Apr 25, 2020
now that I've booked space successfully. I'm going to sleep, someone should please wake me up when the Corona finally has a cure. that's when I'm going to comment. adios amigo.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by NotNairalandi(m): 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by jogsman01(m): 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
As this corolanvirus kon enter north now, maybe the Champion will stand up for himself.
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by adioolayi(m): 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
We will be alright
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Amotekun777: 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
Kyari must fall into that age group too, abi? Olofo! angry

Thunder fire your generations.

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by omoakoraye: 5:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Good
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by chomchom1(f): 5:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Only God wil heal the world embarassed

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Bigleaf1006: 5:57am On Apr 25, 2020
How and where was the test conducted. APC is busy playing games with us. Boss Mustapha and Sanwoolu are in cahoots on this conspiracy.

I have forever been waiting for data on LGA basis at least for Lagos. No info,no data to work on but all we get is releasing numbers like election results.

During ebola we all knew the epicenter was Eti osa and surulere LGAs. Fashola APC could not actively connive with Goodluck's PDP in perpetuating this highly debateable figures cos they knew FG wasn't too keen to play ball.

Release LGA by LGA statistics,how many imported cases and how many community transmissions.

Let's have info on the dead,we had names of those that died during ebola,why is this different?

The government till now hasn't given any concrete plan on how they intend to get us out of this or how they intend to palliate the basic welfare of the people.

Absolutely nothing reponsible from government other than seemingly obvious untruthful assertions.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by LEBEfirstson: 5:58am On Apr 25, 2020
SEE HIM MOUTH LIKE 31-40... ONYE IBERIBE

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Shimran(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Amotekun777:
Kyari must fall into that age group too, abi? Olofo! angry

Thunder fire your generations.
Read it further, the answer is there

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by guru90: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2020
Thank God.

US hv gat the Covid19 medicine. And they inject 53 infected people on 23rd April, 2020. They are under trial and their results will come out soon.

Medicine name is RAMSIVIRI

So that this Nonsense and political figures will stop in NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Amotekun777: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2020
Shimran:

Read it further, the answer is there

Read what for God's sake? The same lies we've been told since 1960?

NONSENSE! angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Mizwisdom(f): 6:02am On Apr 25, 2020
Find a cure
Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by funmike83(f): 6:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Bigleaf1006:
How and where was the test conducted. APC is busy playing games with us. Boss Mustapha and Sanwoolu are in cahoots on this conspiracy.

I have forever been waiting for data on LGA basis at least for Lagos. No info,no data to work on but all we get is releasing numbers like election results.

During ebola we all knew the epicenter was Eti osa and surulere LGAs. Fashola APC could not actively connive with Goodluck's PDP in perpetuating this highly debateable figures cos they knew FG wasn't too keen to play ball.

Release LGA by LGA statistics,how many imported cases and how many community transmissions.

Let's have info on the dead,we had names of those that died during ebola,why is this different?

The government till now hasn't given any concrete plan on how they intend to get us out of this or how they intend to palliate the basic welfare of the people.

Absolutely nothing reponsible from government other than seemingly obvious untruthful assertions.

Honestly I am tired of this country, they are looting the money to prepare for 2023 election . They are not even sure of seeing that year. They should ask Bro kyari. Greedy people

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Jeremy1234: 6:03am On Apr 25, 2020
I don't even believe the figures are like this
I believe they keep increasing the number to collect donations from WHO and FG

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by seunlayi(m): 6:03am On Apr 25, 2020
Many heard that Covid-19 is only deadly to people in old age, they started forming big cheesy in their m mind. Here we are now, overconfidence is killing our masquerades

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Martinola(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
ok...tell yr professors to work on a cure, or we re just waiting on chinko?
Which professors?
What do they know other than than to harrass and bully their students?

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by TheSociopath(m): 6:05am On Apr 25, 2020
What's the way forward? Lockdown won't be sustainable by next month

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Ehanire Says Most Nigerians Infected Are Aged Between 31-40 by Passionate888: 6:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Coro no dey look age o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poor Fingerprints Issues I Need Help / South African Hospital Frustrated Effort To Save Calabar Electrocution Victim / Nigeria Missing As UK Recognises COVID Certificates From Over 50 Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.