Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,518 members, 7,770,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:12 AM

Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" (2137 Views)

Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation / Genevieve Nnaji With Idris Elba At Beasts Of No Nation Lagos Premiere(photos) / Dbanj Pictured With Idris Elba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by kech(f): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
First is her latest endorsement with “Luna Milk” a high profile international beverage company, the TVC was recently shot in Beirut,Lebanon and would berth on tv screens anytime soon.

And then the big one! We have it on good grounds that the multitalented diva would be filming a high budget international movie titled “Oil and water” and would be starring alongside Hollywood hottie, Idris Elba and some other undisclosed Hollywood stars. Yes you heard it……

SOURCE:
http://questionmarkmag.com/2011/01/genevieves-new-endorsement-mr-ibus-entire-household-kidnapped-dakore-egbuson-gets-married-on-jan-16th-comedian-omobabas-new-record-9ices-protege-seriki-not-a-fluck/

Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by kech(f): 12:02am On Jan 08, 2011
I'm so proud of this girl. Despite all odds, her "Sun" is still shining. Reminds me of the wonderful update Shan George one put up on her facebook page. It went:

''When I find myself in a place where I am surrounded by haters, I look at them as sandpapers because they may brush, hurt or scratch me but I would only end up being smooth, polished and shining while the sandpapers wear out''
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by dichana: 1:53am On Jan 08, 2011
wow this is amazing is hollywood ready for gene
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by Tunmi(f): 6:28am On Jan 09, 2011
I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't know if she was the one the director should have chosen. Genevieve is a good actress but she does not have range. I can't wait to see the trailer or synopsis for this. I wish her luck.
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On Jan 09, 2011
Who says she's not the biggest Actress to come out of Black Africa.
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by Nakele(f): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
Tunmi said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't know if she was the one the director should have chosen. Genevieve is a good actress but she does not have range. I can't wait to see the trailer or synopsis for this. I wish her luck.

Hmm, Tunmi, so who do u think is best for hollywood then , and what do u mean Genz has no range??
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by Tunmi(f): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2011
Nigeria has better actresses than Genevieve. Bimbo akintola for one is a better actress than she is. And when Genevieve plays a role, it's always the bad-ass person. I love her in those roles because Nigerians need to see women in non-submissive roles. However, she does not challenge herself. Ije is the closest she has come to challenging herself. Not because it involves foreigners but because she plays a person who is not in control and has to care for someone else. I like Genny but nigeria has other actresses that are often ignored.
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by OlaRay4(m): 1:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
Well Idris Elba's movies for the next 2 years has nothing to do with Genny!!!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252961/

wow this is amazing is hollywood ready for gene

Well her last movie didnt go to either the cinema or DVD but it was a TV Movie
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2011
Tunmi:

Nigeria has better actresses than Genevieve. Bimbo akintola for one is a better actress than she is. And when Genevieve plays a role, it's always the bad-backside person. I love her in those roles because Nigerians need to see women in non-submissive roles. However, she does not challenge herself. Ije is the closest she has come to challenging herself. Not because it involves foreigners but because she plays a person who is not in control and has to care for someone else. I like Genny but nigeria has other actresses that are often ignored.
@Bolded i agree wholeheartedly . . .but reality is that Gene is lucky.She gets it all,career-wise.
Bimbo is an exceptionally good actress.
Re: Genevieve To Act With Idris Elba In "Oil And Water" by iice(f): 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
I'm only here coz is saw Idris on the topic grin
And with that. . .

Unless Thor does very well. . .Idris has been doing some crappy movies lately.  It can kill an actor's aspiration to being on the A-List, if not their career.

(1) (Reply)

Picture: Peter Okoye’s Son Gets New Look (check Him Out) / Mercy Aigbe , Again Rocking Aso Ebi / The Lady Who Died In Her Apartmment Found After 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.