Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091281 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
Guys, if there’s anyone here that studied Biochemistry, microbiology or any biological science related courses and looking at coming to the UK to further their studies, I’d advise they complete a topup module to upgrade their BSc to uk standard. Do a 5 weeks additional training and start applying for jobs. I think it’s quicker and cheaper than the MSc route in the long run.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PMID: 6:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
mimilyrics:
Most likely, the final stop for your bus will be Ojota. If your bus stops at Berger, you'll need to board a bus to Ojota/Maryland.
Maryland is 2 bus stops away from Ojota. You can board a BRT bus in the middle lane or a yellow bus from Ojota if you're stopped there. Stop at Maryland, you will need to cross to your right and walk for like 3 mins from the BRT stop to Mobil station, Maryland.
There are usually yellow buses from the bus stop or directly in front of Mobil.
There used to be a lot of bikes and Kekes there but not sure if they are still allowed there due to the ban.
You should be able to take a stroll from Maryland to IOM if you're not too tired or if the sun isn't frying hot. Just walk to the cantonment, turn into the street beside it (Adekunle Fajuyi), take the 1st right turn, walk for a few minutes on the left. IOM will be on your left.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingsilly(m): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
iCode2:
Though I'm yet to print out my bank statement, the address on it is different from the address I'll fill in my visa application (the one in my tb test certificate). Reason is that that's my current address. I might not be able to update my address with my bank because I don't have access to any utility bill for now.

Will that raise any red flag?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
I honestly don't know how to apply for this dependent visa, i am mixing up everything. i am frustrated already. undecided

Elizabeth28:

Your partner is

Your husband;
Your wife;
Your civil partner;
Your unmarried partner or same-sex partner.

The one that applies to you,use the person's passport to complete it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Miide2: 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
guys please i have a question about the accomodation thing.

what if on my cas it’s showing i haven’t paid anything towards accomodation but i intern to stay on campus
and on the form they asked where i’d be staying should i write the school’s addresss?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2020
omopapa:
Guys, if there’s anyone here that studied Biochemistry, microbiology or any biological science related courses and looking at coming to the UK to further their studies, I’d advise they complete a topup module to upgrade their BSc to uk standard. Do a 5 weeks additional training and start applying for jobs. I think it’s quicker and cheaper than the MSc route in the long run.
How can someone go about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Islamiat01: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Miide2:
guys please i have a question about the accomodation thing.

what if on my cas it’s showing i haven’t paid anything towards accomodation but i intern to stay on campus
and on the form they asked where i’d be staying should i write the school’s addresss?
Yes put school address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by talktokunle: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2020
[quote author=kingsilly post=96798050][/quote]
Nah the address on my bank statement was different from my current address on my application and i got my visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by heavykenny(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
How long did you wait bro? I have been waiting 2weeks for mine and it hasn't drop.
NomzyJust:

CAS dropped today for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:
Hello Everybody

Please i need helping completing the dependent visa application PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent – Partner visa
YOUR CURRENT PARTNER
Use your partner's passport or travel document, if they have one, to complete this section

please whose name am i suppose to fill here

Who are you?.... the main applicant or the dependent

Are you married ?..... if you are then that section is for your to complete the spouse details. If you dont have one then not applicable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
Please what is the best answer for the following question;
1- Does anyone rely on you for financial support?
Include both those travelling with you and those who are not.

NB. my husband will be travelling with me
if i say Yes, should i mention only him or include my kids who wont be joining us?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2020
i am the dependent here, yes married
LagosismyHome:

Who are you?.... the main applicant or the dependent

Are you married ?..... if you are then that section is for your to complete the spouse details. If you dont have one then not applicable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:

if i say Yes, should i mention only him or include my kids who wont be joining us?

Isnt the answer to this your question right there on the form . Let me make it in bold
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:

Does your husband rely on you for financial support?
If you are the dependant (in both senses of the word), then your answer to this question is no.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
well, i feel i should not include kids. good or bad idea?
LagosismyHome:

Isnt the answer to this your question right there on the form . Let me make it in bold
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Your address is not displayed on your bank statement so they would not know

iCode2:
Though I'm yet to print out my bank statement, the address on it is different from the address I'll fill in my visa application (the one in my tb test certificate). Reason is that that's my current address. I might not be able to update my address with my bank because I don't have access to any utility bill for now.

Will that raise any red flag?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:16pm On Dec 06, 2020
1. Send ur degree to IBMS for assessment. They charge about £250 for it, they will tell you the number of modules u need to do to complete the degree.

2. Approach ACCREDITED UK universities with the IBMS assessment certificate, some can offer you to do year 3 only while some will select only the modules u need for u.

3. Do the additional 5 weeks practical training

4. Apply for work directly

Please note: U can decide to go for MSc first but there’s a high possibly that after MSc u will have to go back to start from step 1. However, u will have less modules to complete as most of them would have been covered during the MSc programme

iCode2:
How can someone go about this?

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 11:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
Guys I sent email to book my TB test but I didn’t get any response. Is there another way? Cus when I applied for my visa in Jan that’s how I booked my TB test(via email) but I guess it has changed now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oggg: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:
Lmao! Bad idea. Ur kids are dependent on you. Pls fill appropriately abeg.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
I had to go there last week Friday, the crowd is something else cos a lot of applicants are in same situation as you. I was able to do my test after they demanded i show them my admission letter, but the begging was not here o.
caleb00:
Guys I sent email to book my TB test but I didn’t get any response. Is there another way? Cus when I applied for my visa in Jan that’s how I booked my TB test(via email) but I guess it has changed now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
i did o
Oggg:

Lmao! Bad idea. Ur kids are dependent on you. Pls fill appropriately abeg.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oggg: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:
I honestly don't know how to apply for this dependent visa, i am mixing up everything. i am frustrated already. undecided

https://apply-to-visit-or-stay-in-the-uk.homeoffice.gov.uk/sort/country-nationality/pbs_dependant_partner_out_uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
I have not even gotten my offer yet but I want to do it. So it’s going to be difficult then. Na wa o

ritlala:
I had to go there last week Friday, the crowd is something else cos a lot of applicants are in same situation as you. I was able to do my test after they demanded i show them my admission letter, but the begging was not here o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
ritlala:

Is it about what you feel been good or bad

or

it's about filling the form properly and accurately. Dont use your hand and go cause problems
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ritlala: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
Last time i checked Abuja has available dates from 1st Jan 2021, Abuja is calm compared to Lagos, Lagos no dates at all, but if you go there with evidence of payment, they will surely give you a date. that Friday some persons got Dec 29th.
caleb00:
I have not even gotten my offer yet but I want to do it. So it’s going to be difficult then. Na wa o

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ladydelish(f): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2020
How does this work please? I studied Physiology

omopapa:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 2:18am On Dec 07, 2020
omopapa:
1. Send ur degree to IBMS for assessment. They charge about £250 for it, they will tell you the number of modules u need to do to complete the degree.

2. Approach ACCREDITED UK universities with the IBMS assessment certificate, some can offer you to do year 3 only while some will select only the modules u need for u.

3. Do the additional 5 weeks practical training

4. Apply for work directly

Please note: U can decide to go for MSc first but there’s a high possibly that after MSc u will have to go back to start from step 1. However, u will have less modules to complete as most of them would have been covered during the MSc programme

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 2:19am On Dec 07, 2020
caleb00:
Your address is not displayed on your bank statement so they would not know

Oh I thought it was. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 2:35am On Dec 07, 2020
iCode2:
Oh I thought it was. Thanks.

depends on the bank, mine had my address

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by caleb00(m): 3:55am On Dec 07, 2020
What bank is that

Santa2:

depends on the bank, mine had my address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 07, 2020
Hello omopapa, please do you have any idea if a science Lab tech (SLT) graduate can seek evaluation from IBMS as well through the bsc top up route?
omopapa:

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.