Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Obasanjo Goes To School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Obasanjo Goes To School (2047 Views)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2007
Obasanjo back to school to study of thing christian theology,what an idiot,i bet he wants to become a pastor to start duping the people in a diffrent way again.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
His is an idiot because what he is studying has little or no relevance to the real world.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by barikade: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2007
redsun:

His is an idiot because what he is studying has little or no relevance to the real world.

Should a man be called an "idiot" for making a personal choice? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by goodguy(m): 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2007
redsun:

And of what relevance is your posting on this forum to the real world?  I guess the same invective should be applied to you also, don't you think? undecided

BTW, welcome back on board, bari_kade. cool
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2007
He is an idiot for all he stands for.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by barikade: 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2007
@goodguy,

goodguy:

BTW, welcome back on board, bari_kade. cool

Phew!! Thanks, bros. I'm so relieved to see that some of you much-missed guys are still active! God bless. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2007
@goodguy,he might make sense to you because you are in the same realm.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by barikade: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
redsun:

He is an idiot for all he stands for.

We all make choices everyday; and most of our choices would make us more descriptive of what we label others.

You may not have liked some or most of OBJ's policies while he was the President; but if he is making a personal choice of what he wants to do with the rest of his life, surely he couldn't merit such vitriol for just making a choice to go back to school?

I couldn't be bothered if he went back to school to study ancient mysticism or even pako (chewing stick). It is his choice, and that is just it.  cool
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2007
I am just expressing my opinion,weather you like it or not,to a great extent,it is quite true judging from his legacy as a president of nigeria. This a dynamic world,there is no room for mistakes when you hold the destiny of millions of people in your hands.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by Seun(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2007
He will do well as a pastor. Politicians and preachers are birds of the same feather: absolutely trustworthy! wink
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2007
Right Seun,they are very good at exploiting the vulnerable.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by IDINRETE: 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
seun seun seun obantalatapipipi  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
na wa for you self haba  wetin?
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by thesilent1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2007
if the guy sat at home and ate amala all day, people will say he is too lazy, he goes back to school (something he most definitely does not NEED to do) and he is still getting wahala.

no matter what the man has done, are we to say that there is no space for change?

let us give the man a chance. god knows thats what we would all want i guess.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by gbadex1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ the dumbass topic and redsun:

i can bet if you slipped on a friggin' banana peel and broke your head, you'd claim it's Obasanjo's fault and so therefore, he's an "idiot".

Truth is that, average Nigerians would bitch about anything and everything (excuse the language)- from their chewing stick to the price of eba at iya lasisi's canteen - at least, he's out of office and if he wants to eat iyan all day long at Ota farm, then that's his effin' problem.

PS - iya lasisi makes some damn good eba, hope she saves me the best pomo. . . .
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by Hugoboi(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2007
I read in one of dem tabloids that the "monkey" actually showed up for lectures with a school bag full of books and promised to do all his assignments promptly.I really think OBJ has taken humor too far!!what cheek!
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by olutomiwa(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2007
abeg make we leave dis old man 2 enjoy him PRIVATE WIFE LIFE
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 12:19am On Jun 09, 2007
First of all,obasanjo should study common sense,then community development,followed by town planning and health management.That is all he needs,some times sitting in a canteen with work mates in england with  BBC NEWS on, one will just be praying for them not to show a caption of africa with its usual problem of hunger,diseases, war and aids. It is so embarrassing and it makes you want to question your authenticity as human and this problems are caused by people like obasanjo .
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 7:33am On Jun 09, 2007
redsun:

It is so embarrassing and it makes you want to question your authenticity as human and this problems are caused by people like obasanjo .

Whatever OBJ does is not reason enough to question your "authenticity" as human. If he didn't even do anything at all, we would still be human all the same; and he has chosen to express his own humanity in that course of action. smiley
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2007
@Telly b,dont forget this man is a leader not just an individual like you and i.He represents millions of people and his actions and judgements affects millions of people,so he should be accountable and upto date.what i mean by human authenticity is that for ahuman to exist,he or she should have the basic needs of life,like food,clean water,decent shelter,clean enviroment and some sense of security,social and economic and then you go to achiving dreams,except in the time war or natural disaster but this things are not there for majority of people in africa,don't get me wrong,i have this things in england but that is not the issue,i would love to have it in my country as well as every other born african.If you are following the socalled g8 meeting,the only thing they talk about africa is aids and poverty,meanwhile we have it all but for incompetent and totally ignorant leaders.It is not too late or early to start and it dosn't come easy but with discipline and determination we shall win.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2007
@redsun,

redsun:

@Telly b,don't forget this man is a leader not just an individual like you and i.He represents millions of people and his actions and judgements affects millions of people,so he should be accountable and upto date.

Even at that, I don't live my life as if it is dependent on a past leader. He is no longer the President; and I can respect his personal choices henceforth, even though I never agreed with his governmental policies in the past.

redsun:

what i mean by human authenticity is that for ahuman to exist,he or she should have the basic needs of life,like food,clean water,decent shelter,clean enviroment and some sense of security,social and economic and then you go to achiving dreams,except in the time war or natural disaster but this things are not there for majority of people in africa,

Okay. I still think that we as individuals should achieve acceptable standards of living for ourselves in any system of government by dint of hardwork. This may not be realistic under some tyrannical governments like in Cambodia; but thank God Nigeria hasn't (and will not) degrade to such levels.

redsun:

don't get me wrong,i have this things in england but that is not the issue,i would love to have it in my country as well as every other born african.

Even living in England does not mean we automatically enjoy them. There are still beggars and thieves in England, you know; and there are parts of the country that would make you think that living in Nigeria is more secure. Everyone has to work hard in order to get on in life, regardless or the perceived right or wrong choices English leaders make.

redsun:

If you are following the socalled g8 meeting,the only thing they talk about africa is aids and poverty,meanwhile we have it all but for incompetent and totally ignorant leaders.It is not too late or early to start and it dosn't come easy but with discipline and determination we shall win.

I can ok your last line; but if I were to be in the G8 meeting, I would still talk about Africa's problems. We as Africans create a rod for our own backs; and we can't blame other world leaders if they begin to express serious concerns about our problems.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by mrpataki(m): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2007
In a normal setting, when a great leader which Obasanjo had the opportunity of living to, leaves office as such, people jostle to learn from such a leaders wealth of understanding.

It is a shame that our own leader does not flow with such line of honor. embarassed

Wonder what he now wants with theology when he could utter the statement to a Man of God that: He is an idiot and a complete idiot for that!
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2007
Once a president is always a president,it is suppose to be an entity of knowledge,commitment and selflessness,.an embodiment of hope but in our own case,it is an embodiment of hopelessness.Meanwhile,africa problems to a great extent is delibrate,it is cause by mismanagement and misconception,it is not a proplem that will be solved by the so-called developed world who in the true sense don't care about us,to some extent they are clearly part of the problems too but i don't blame them,it is the survival of fittest,we as a people have to put our acts together and know that it is either we ride or extint.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 12:14am On Jun 11, 2007
redsun:

the so-called developed world who in the true sense don't care about us,to some extent they are clearly part of the problems too but i don't blame them,

In which case, we shouldn't be so narrow in our outlook on issues by complaining against one man.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by thesilent1(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2007
i thought he was the black jesus? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2007
Naaah! That's what he went to study in school! grin
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by thesilent1(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2007
should be a quick 5min lesson then
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Telly b,yeah the so-called developed world still have their problems,but it is not fundamental like ours,theirs is more of illusion and the insatiable human nature as we normally attribute, greed.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by muhsin(m): 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2007
Without reading the preceded posts. He go back to school to marginalise educational sector more.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2007
Lol @muhsin. grin

@redsun, greed is a global problem. Perhaps the industrialized economies manifest theirs in 'civilized' manners; while on the local front back home, we are quite unpretentious about it.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by mrpataki(m): 2:17am On Jun 12, 2007
Even Pataki goes to school cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by redsun(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2007
@Telly b,our own greed is so bad that we have not even started building as a society before we start destroying,it is like destroying oneself practically,developed world build their own society at the expence of ours because we are too blind to see and defend what we have.Go back to history,no nation can stand firmly unless they choose to.Can't you see we have not even started the industrial age,not even agricultural age in the 21st century,it is not about those assembled factories and machines and even foreing manned,no it is about what we can initiate and build independently,just like those things we call ABA or IBO made,that is the starting point.
Re: Obasanjo Goes To School by TellyB(m): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2007
My dear redsun,

Nigeria's problems are bigger than blaming one man - OBJ; which, I feel, is what initially informed this thread.

However, when we think of the many problems back home, the point still remains that greed is global; and we are all collectively responsible to advance our lot in what ever economies we find ourselves.

Nigeria's case is not hopeless, true. But no matter how much we concern ourselves with what a past leader President opts for with his personal life (be that as it may, corrupt, silly, amusing or plain hilarious), it doesn't affect or advance the destiny of our present existence.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? / Christians If There Were No Heaven Or Hell Would You Believe In God? / Is It Good For A Good Christian To Eat Sallah Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.