Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159250 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Online booking seems to be the surest via their website
Try another Browser (like Google Chrome)

HOW TO BOOK FOR MEDICALS at IOMHAC Lagos or Abuja Center (Upfront Medical or if u got a Medical Invite)

1. I used their website and it worked fine for me. - https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/

2) Go with your International passport. However, if you currently have a medical condition, go with your report and prescription.

3) If it is medical request, they won't give you anything to upload. If upfront, you will get a slip to upload.

4) Please do well to go there with proof of payment of medical fees.
I did not print my transfer slip and that caused a little delay for me. The officer wanted to send me out to print it but I had to practically force him to print it with the printer in the office.
This method may not work for everyone so please go there with the print out of your transfer. Also try to do the transfer two days before your appointment date. It'll make confirmation easy for you. In my case, the officer wrote "Pending" on my progress slip because they were yet to confirm transfer. Save yourself that hurdle.

Further advice:
- Go early. Book for 8am.
- Drink plenty of water before the medical screening.
- Relax, It takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. If you are healthy, you will be fine

Credits :@rebeccausoro

Hello Boss,

Please between IOM and Q-life,w which one is more advisable to use?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2020
@fatermathy, vibrant 99 et, al

Please as regards my issue am still looking for phd funding but as a plan B i will like to ask that if my sponsor pays my tuition fee of 10kcad ahead before the winter and i attach the receipt of payment with new application and also raise my account balance from 4million to 8million curtesy of parents good deed gifts of additional 4m to support studies parents pay slips for 6months promotion letters and assets as well as sponsors bank statement pay slips and employment letter. A good LOE showing the changes as well as using my wife and son as home ties will the application stand a chance then?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 8:17am On Sep 19, 2020
@fatermathy, vibrant 99 everyone

Please as regards my issue am still looking for phd funding but as a plan B i will like to ask that if my sponsor pays my tuition fee of 10kcad ahead before the winter and i attach the receipt of payment with new application and also raise my account balance from 4million to 8million curtesy of parents good deed gifts of additional 4m to support studies parents pay slips for 6months promotion letters and assets as well as sponsors bank statement pay slips and employment letter. A good LOE showing the changes as well as using my wife and son as home ties will the application stand a chance then?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2020
Greetings people, please how can i apply for GCMS note. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:08am On Sep 19, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Please monikers I need help
An agent helped me submit the admission application and also sent me the acceptance letter when I was offered a space in conestoga college, before I discovered Nairaland.
Now today he sent me this page on Ontairocollege board that stated that my offer was revoked in July because I did not accept the offer.
I actually did pay the money to secure the space before the said time.
I believe the agent did not accept the offer in the board page.
Now my question can I redeem this now.
Is there anything I can do about it.
Offer was revoked in July�, going for fall 2020 programme.
I will really appreciate your inputs

The email correspondence from Conestoga College stating that admisson has been revoked is a general trend and almost every international students seeking for a deferment received same mail from the school. Please kindly resend the email and inform the admission office that you would like them to reinstate your admission and defer your acceptance till the next available term. Do this as soon as possible.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2020
Is there anyone who applied (or know someone) as a Winter 2021 (or later terms -- Spring or Fall 2021) that has received AIP, after BVL and medical request? If yes, can you please provide your profile and timelines? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:05am On Sep 19, 2020
Faithyyyyy:
hi guys . it’s an approval alert .

thank you to frank and all the other veterans in the house .

i was admitted to two universities for a second masters so i chose University of Ottawa.

applied 17th August
Upfront medicals
Tuition fees for first semester paid using Western Union business solutions )Form A .
Eligibility review ; 4th September
GCMS 11th September yet to come
Approval 18th September
Home ties husband , our Canadian child and my company.
SOP SIX LONG PAGES WELL TITLED WITH SUBHEADINGS . i didn’t study english for nothing oooh .
i have already resumed classes and loving it. i will say keep your dreams close to your chest and don’t let anyone even a professional deter you. keep pushing.
i have an active EE profile with 462 points and aced ielts at first seating. after visiting canada last year i said ah , this place is calling my name everyday.

i was worried about a lot of things because i was confused whether to delete my EE profile but i explained in my SOP and said e go be things but not in my case abeg. I am grateful to God for his constant favour and mercies.

please keep believing. God will come through for you .

Congratulations maam. Please let's have a better view of the note and your complete profile.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Justiyke4u: 10:26am On Sep 19, 2020
Good morning my people.

Please I'm trying to pay for my application fee but the gt card I am using seems to be declining the transaction. Please any suggestion on alternative way to go about it. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2020
LordAA:

Hello Boss,

Thank you.

Hi Honorable

That I can't tell,

I don't have experience of Q-life or know anyone who did his/medicals there

Some people might decide to choose Q-life cos of the quite Cheap Price (35K) instead of IOM (46,500)

I guess people who used Q-Life would be able to talk about their medicals

But for me, based on my own experience,I will choose IOM anytime, any day

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:33am On Sep 19, 2020
LordAA:

Good morning boss

Please I need the link used to search for colleges in Canada.
specifically project management course PGD

Thank you.

Good morning Chief

Visit the links below

PG. Cert , Project Management & Colleges Offering them

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Project%20Management&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

& this

https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Project%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2020
hi peejay. classes are both real time and recorded . i prefer the real time .

@frath. yes it’s aip but i am travel exempt based on immediate family and called border services already who confirm i can come in at anytime with their citizen. stage 2 is mostly ppr request and visa stamping plus supporting documents like medicals and biometrics . i already have visa and will have permit stamped upon arrival at poe

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 10:41am On Sep 19, 2020
LordAA:

Hello Boss,

Thank you.

Based on my experience with QLife, I will choose them again and again. Unlike what people say about their services. They respond to email and booking very fast, their in-service is fast and professional, and they updated my account in 3days, even though I did my medical on a Saturday. And above all, they are cost effective.

My experience with IOM is not impressive, it took them one week to reply my email message for booking.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:43am On Sep 19, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Honorable

That I can't tell,

I don't have experience of Q-life or know anyone who did his/medicals there

Some people might decide to choose Q-life cos of the quite Cheap Price (35K) instead of IOM (46,500)

I guess people who used Q-Life would be able to talk about their medicals

But for me, based on my own experience,I will choose IOM anytime, any day

. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Good morning Chief

Visit the links below

PG. Cert , Project Management & Colleges Offering them

https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Project%20Management&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

& this

https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Project%20Management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

I appreciate boss.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 10:55am On Sep 19, 2020
Amen! Thank you
Miztafrank:
Congrats bro. It shall end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2020
Luckymama:

It’s a dicey situation. Some people have succeeded with their children while others haven’t. Personally I choose not to apply with my kids. I know of two families who did the same.
1. Scenario 1. Mum applies alone. Gets her visa and travelled. Once enrolled she applies for permits for her children and husband (study for the children, work for the husband.) The entire process took about three months.

2. Scenario 2. Entire family had existing Canadian visitors visa. Mum applies for study visa and the entire family travelled. Husband and children were given permits at the border.

I would believe Scenario 2 might work in your Favour. You can travel with the three kids who have U.S passports. Since they do not need a visa to get into Canada you can ask for a study permit for them at the border.

If you are too nervous about being turned away, just enter with them as if they are coming on vacation. Then you apply for permits for them from inside Canada. The process will certainly be shorter and more likely to succeed. Besides, children of parents who are on study visa are entitled to attend school (1st to 12th grades) without any papers other than your study permit.

Cc@demii
Jesusrules24

Thanks a lot. This is very very helpful.

I'm glad I came here to seek for help.

I hope to keep you guys update.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2020
@Faithyyyyy and all,

Please can you clarify something and point me to the full list of exemption criteria. If an international student with SP approval and TRV has a sibling who is permanent resident in Canada (whether within the same or in a different province than DLI), are we exempted from the travel restriction?

Thanks
Attn: frankrobbn1, fatermathy, vibrant99, justwise et al

Faithyyyyy:
hi peejay. classes are both real time and recorded . i prefer the real time .

@frath. yes it’s aip but i am travel exempt based on immediate family and called border services already who confirm i can come in at anytime with their citizen. stage 2 is mostly ppr request and visa stamping plus supporting documents like medicals and biometrics . i already have visa and will have permit stamped upon arrival at poe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2020
Justiyke4u:
Good morning my people.

Please I'm trying to pay for my application fee but the gt card I am using seems to be declining the transaction. Please any suggestion on alternative way to go about it. Thank you

You can't spend more than $100 per month for an international transaction using GTBank's Naira MasterCard.

Either get a Dollar MasterCard, use another bank's card (@ a ridiculous rate ~N455/usd) or ask someone abroad to pay for you if possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2020
All this apply for gcms notes you people talk about...I thought it was free o. Is there any other means of inquiring about updates for an application under processing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Justiyke4u: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2020
Thevenine:

You can't spend more than $100 per month for an international transaction using GTBank's Naira MasterCard.

Either get a Dollar MasterCard, use another bank's card (@ a ridiculous rate ~N455/usd) or ask someone abroad to pay for you if possible.

Thank you for your response. The dollar card you mentioned does it mean I have to open a dom account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 11:22am On Sep 19, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#immediate-family-members

immediate members include spouse, parents, children etc. just google travel exemption for canada.

Form A is available in all Nigerian banks . provide your school fees invoice, admission letter, bsc certificate and others. you can walk into any bank and confirm requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Based on my experience with QLife, I will choose them again and again. Unlike what people say about their services. They respond to email and booking very fast, their in-service is fast and professional, and they updated my account in 3days, even though I did my medical on a Saturday. And above all, they are cost effective.

My experience with IOM is not impressive, it took them one week to reply my email message for booking.

Thank you for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2020
Justiyke4u:

Thank you for your response. The dollar card you mentioned does it mean I have to open a dom account.

Call the bank to confirm. I don't have much information on that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Akannitommy:
Is there anyone who applied (or know someone) as a Winter 2021 (or later terms -- Spring or Fall 2021) that has received AIP, after BVL and medical request? If yes, can you please provide your profile and timelines? Thanks in advance.

My brother, he who has hope has everything.

To the glory of God, I am a living witness to your inquiry. I sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution and criticism on this group.

Application submitted: June 5th,
Biometrics request: June 7th,
Medical request: July 1st,
Medical passed: July 14th,
AIP received: August 6th,
Biometrics given: August 28th,
Biometrics updated: September 9th.
Passport request: Any moment from now.

Admission was for fall 2020 before school deferred till Winter 2021 due to Covid-19, and deferral letter was issued May 22nd.

... Breaking Limits on all sides.....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backcheck: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Justiyke4u:

You can still make use of wema/alat card. Their monthly spend limit is about $500
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
Great and thanks. Wishing you all the best of luck till the end! Keeping hope alive!
Obanidavid:

My brother, he who has hope has everything.

To the glory of God, I am a living witness to your inquiry. I sincerely appreciate everyone's contribution and criticism on this group.

Application submitted: June 5th,
Biometrics request: June 7th,
Medical request: July 1st,
Medical passed: July 14th,
AIP received: August 6th,
Biometrics given: August 28th,
Biometrics updated: September 9th.
Passport request: Any moment from now.

Admission was for fall 2020 before school deferred till Winter 2021 due to Covid-19, and deferral letter was issued May 22nd.

... Breaking Limits on all sides.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
LordAA:

Congratulations.

Please how did you use the form A?
How to use FORM A
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/129#91308038

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Faithyyyyy:
hi guys . it’s an approval alert .

thank you to frank and all the other veterans in the house .

i was admitted to two universities for a second masters so i chose University of Ottawa.

applied 17th August
Upfront medicals
Tuition fees for first semester paid using Western Union business solutions )Form A .
Eligibility review ; 4th September
GCMS 11th September yet to come
Approval 18th September
Home ties husband , our Canadian child and my company.
SOP SIX LONG PAGES WELL TITLED WITH SUBHEADINGS . i didn’t study english for nothing oooh .
i have already resumed classes and loving it. i will say keep your dreams close to your chest and don’t let anyone even a professional deter you. keep pushing.
i have an active EE profile with 462 points and aced ielts at first seating. after visiting canada last year i said ah , this place is calling my name everyday.

i was worried about a lot of things because i was confused whether to delete my EE profile but i explained in my SOP and said e go be things but not in my case abeg. I am grateful to God for his constant favour and mercies.

please keep believing. God will come through for you .
Congratulations ma'am

To God be the Glory!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Exactly my experience, IOM hasn’t replied my emails and it’s over a month. I used Qlife, their the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

lol. me sef na June 10th. maybe the VO's assigned to june 10th got corona

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NwanyiOkpa u are funny

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.