Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? (278 Views)

Charles Abi: DJ Switch Is Safe, Out Of The Country / How Can One Get Out Of Fear? It's Really Killing Me, I Need Help. / Please Is This Really True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by kiddoiLL(m): 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
The true tragedy of Nigeria is the fact of how it betrays us all off aspirations.

Citizens of the developed world can aspire and make decisions around the premise of self-actualization. You can aspire to being a race car driver, a botanist, a vet, an attorney, a police officer.

In Nigeria, the fact that you are one family problem away from poverty guides your decisions. There is no self-actualization based plans; we make plans for food, cloth and shelter.

I discuss football with Dafe my friend, sometimes and I can't help but wonder what a brilliant football tactician he would have been if he were English or Spanish or Italian or Portuguese...

Some of you would have been world class vets. Some would have been elite molecular scientists. Some of you would have been renowned wine tasters or food connoisseurs. Would have been if you were anything but Nigerian.

Have you ever thought of what you have been if poverty did not guide your decisions?

I bet you haven't thought of it. And that's the biggest crime of it all. Nigeria robs you before you even realize you have it.

Lalasticlala
Freiburger
Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by Franzinni: 9:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bros you are right but lately I began to see that Nigeria is not a land but ..the people who dwell within ..

Nigerians are the problem ...common man like you and I...

We have been bred to be bitter, envious, bias and confused .. Do you think slavery ever stopped? It only evolved... We are all slaves with an illusion of freedom ...

That is why people operate with impunity as long as you hold the emblem of the elite..

I have been at an ATM in England and a man driving a freaking Ferrari pulled up... He join cue straight ...no body even send am..

But in Nigeria ...you know our people nah...

WE ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

1 Like

Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by kiddoiLL(m): 9:24pm On Apr 28, 2020
Franzinni:
Bros you are right but lately I began to see that Nigeria is not a land but ..the people who dwell within ..

Nigerians are the problem ...common man like you and I...

We have been bred to be bitter, envious, bias and confused .. Do you think slavery ever stopped? It only evolved... We are all slaves with an illusion of freedom ...

That is why people operate with impunity as long as you hold the emblem of the elite..

I have been at an ATM in England and a man driving a freaking Ferrari pulled up... He join cue straight ...no body even send am..

But in Nigeria ...you know our people nah...

WE ARE THE PROBLEM!!!
People are driven to live this way because every Nigerian has been raised to believe life's a jungle, a survival of the fittest here. Even though it's that way everywhere else, but in other places, things are put in place to help citizens survive and help citizens grow and achieve their dreams. You can't say it's the same here bruv?
Which is why People act the way you claim, everyone's got that I gotta do this to survive mentality. Consequences be damned.!

Lalasticlala please we need more audiences and minds on this
Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by Franzinni: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
kiddoiLL:

People are driven to live this way because every Nigerian has been raised to believe life's a jungle, a survival of the fittest here. Even though it's that way everywhere else, but in other places, things are put in place to help citizens survive and help citizens grow and achieve their dreams. You can't say it's the same here bruv?
Which is why People act the way you claim, everyone's got that I gotta do this to survive mentality. Consequences be damned.!

Lalasticlala please we need more audiences and minds on this

Well bad news bros, because there is NO end In Sight ...

Why? Because with the rate at which kids are making ritual money now and yahoo ... They will eventually become politicians of tomorrow because the money they have to spend and imagine what a criminal will do when give him or her power and immunity.. Besides ... The thieves in power today that can individually change the situation in Nigeria based on stollen loot, don't care about this grotesque construct called Nigeria ...as the youths have decided to go to university, finish and come and get job in ninjabet center ... While the children of the elite are going to oxford and Yale... And coming home to jobs In NNPC ..you can blame anyone because the problem is a Mental one
Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by leksbore(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
fact is NIGERIA is a really messed up nation...our leaders ought to be ashamed of themselves....it's really annoying and killing to be a citizen of this country.
Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by kiddoiLL(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2020
Franzinni:

Well bad news bros, because there is NO end In Sight ...

Why? Because with the rate at which kids are making ritual money now and yahoo ... They will eventually become politicians of tomorrow because the money they have to spend and imagine what a criminal will do when give him or her power and immunity.. Besides ... The thieves in power today that can individually change the situation in Nigeria based on stollen loot, don't care about this grotesque construct called Nigeria ...as the youths have decided to go to university, finish and come and get job in ninjabet center ... While the children of the elite are going to oxford and Yale... And coming home to jobs In NNPC ..you can blame anyone because the problem is a Mental one
Truly there's no end in sight
Re: Being A Nigerian: Is It Really True The Country Fails Each And Everyone Of Us? by kiddoiLL(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Lalasticlala

lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Elon Musk Names His Baby “X Æ A-12” / True Story Of How An American Woman Who Visited Her Boy Friend In Delta Died / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.