Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward (1218 Views)

Senator Buruji Kashamu And His Security Men At An Event. / Journalist Beaten By Security Men At Olubadan's Coronation - PICS / PDP Sharing Money At A Polling Station. *(pic)* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2011
The election that took place last week dampened my enthusaism in no small way it actually killed any hope I have for the next general elections. By  all indications the election was the same usual sham we are use to,  Jonathan has not added any value to that dying and decaying institution called INEC neither has that Professor from Kano.

They can both go to blazes for all I care. If with 23,000 extra police force enlisted from neigbouring state we can't get it right how are we suppose to get it right when each of those extra froce would be minding their own states in the General elections OR is the FG hoping to recruit 23,000 X 35  = 805,000 POLICE OFFICERS FOR THE elections. To say we have hope is to be over ambitious and delusional if not both. 

We cannot continue to allow such wanton fraud devoid of any decorum of decency to continue unabated, some of the candidates running for offices at times have borrowed and mortgaged themselves to the hilt only for the goverment and the authorities in charge to scupper and destroy not only their hopes and desires but those of the adjoining communities they represents.

What we are pratising at the moment is democrazy  in its true and unbridle sense, I doubt Fela of famed "Democrazy" "Crazy Demo" ever witness this brazen unadultrated snatching of ballot boxes in broad day light in the full view at times of rolling cameras, the detractors of these shameless act,  many at times are so comsumed in their dastardly act to pay much attention to happenings around them,  therby making them look like a rabbit caught by the head-light of a car when the case gets to the tribunal.

The sad thing is both the high and mighty of our society are engaged in this kind of thuggery, one would have expected our over paid Senators and Reps men to be snubbish to this kind of behaiviour but Not in Nigeria, the baggars would rather go to any lenght even murder to get re-elected again and again knowing there are no term restrictions on House Men unlike Governors and the Presidency.

It is after sitting down for a while and reflecting on what went wrong in that election and how can we improve on it. It is then it dawn on me that we can have official Camera men and video men in every polling station in the country. The Cameras and video equipment would belong to individuals(that is these guys would work as freelance)  all the goverment we do is pay them a nominal fee for their time and buy the recorded Pictures and videos at a negotaible  price if the goverment is intrested in a case(obiously the Govt should bear in mind the individual's intellectual rights to the Pictures and Videos) but if the case were to go to court or a tribunal then the Video man and Camera man would be paid a higher and more lucrative  fee for each appearance in court. The whole essence of paying them when there are disputes is to make sure all atrocities are covered by the camera men. I think this might be the way forward.

Certain things that would happen if this in place

1[b]. The official Camera man would act as a deterant therby making trouble makers stay away or behave themselves.

2. We would have a fairer results.

3. It would create employment for thosands of Nigerians who would be engage doing these job albeit a seasonal job.

4. I thought of putting CCTV in every polling station in the country but that is captal intensive and secondly we have no light(power)

5. I think this idea if INEC has any modicum of truth should among other things recommend it to the FG.

6. Innovation is the mother of invention.- The reason why the west and most developed country are advance is they profess solution to a problem. Nigerians should start to think along those lines too.

7. If the case goes to court the camera men would be paid a lucrative negotiable amount for each evidence supplied to the judiciary
[/b]
8. The FG goverment does not compulsory have to buy the pictures or videios if there are no dispute in an area but the owners of the pictures(camera men) would be expected to keep it for a period of 9 months in which after they can destroy it.

BY Goverment buying the Pictures and video I mean the - Courts and Tribunals, it is only when they have possession of such damning evidence can a judge adjudicate without prejudice. So in this context the Goverment means the Courts.

What do you think of this Idea NL,
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by maclatunji: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
I have had a similar idea for sometime too. However, my version differs from yours in the sense that the cameras would be hidden ones. The cameramen at a polling station would just be risking his life (take Ekiti re-run elections as an example). Each agent of a political party should have their own covert camera to film proceedings at the polling station.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Missy85(f): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2011
nigerian cameramen are not corruptible?

and how many punches will it take an area boy to knock a cameraman off his stride?

once we figure these questions out, then you'll see that the problem is people, us, nigerians! Not equipment.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by monkeyleg: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Knowall,

My brother we are still reeling from that wicked theft. Nothing has change, and that is mt bigger problem rather than if my preferred candidate won.

I would go with hidden cameras, because from all accounts of what happened in Delta state, it was men with superior firepower. Also, there needs to be a special election task force, well armed and prepared, probably a mix of army and soldier.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Missy85(f): 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
cameras hidden by who? Mossad, CIA, MI6??

nigerians will fix & at the same time corrupt the cameras  so they dont work on election day.

seems you guys have been away from nigeria too long. It's the people!
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
I have had a similar idea for sometime too. However, my version differs from yours in the sense that the cameras would be hidden ones. The cameramen at a polling station would just be risking his life (take Ekiti re-run elections as an example). Each agent of a political party should have their own covert camera to film proceedings at the polling station.

It would be  good for the camera man to be bold for all asunder to see. If it means putting them in orange boiler suits then so be it
(Deterant is  also a suitable tool used to fight crime and unreasonable behaviour). When we have officials whose primary business in the  polling station is to take pictures and video proceedings I doubt anyone would want to intimidate that person. Perharps your suggestion of having them working covertly might be added to the equation.

There would be those who would be working boldly for all to see and those who would be working covertly but it is down to cost, the more hands u have the lesser u get from the govt. The govt can only pay so much so the less hands u have the more money for u.

A clause should however be enacted in that whoever disrupt proceedings at any centre would be disqualified automatically since the Camera man would be asked in Court who prevented him/her from doing his/her job.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
nigerian cameramen are not corruptible?

and how many punches will it take an area boy to knock a cameraman off his stride?

once we figure these questions out, then you'll see that the problem is people, us, nigerians! Not equipment.

We have all heard of the popular saying pictures does not lie. Even if picture lies by people using photo shop software to doctor evidence, I doubt if video lies. The two in unision would form a formidable evidence to detractors.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by maclatunji: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Knowall, I think you have been in the UK too long. The cameraman might be killed, if he does not get killed it would be virtually impossible to prove who sent the thugs to the polling station in a court of law.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Afam4eva(m): 5:10pm On Jan 09, 2011
Every voter should buy a camera.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2011
Knowall, I think you have been in the UK too long. The cameraman might be killed, if he does not get killed it would be virtually impossible to prove who sent the thugs to the polling station in a court of law.

He would have to be killed in the full view of all the elctorates. Secondly Camera men would be advise to take jobs outside their own localty
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Abeem(m): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2011
No, the idea of official camera men is not a worthwhile venture as it will likely put the lives of innocent peoples in danger. As an alternative, the camera can be mounted at strategic locations at the polling stations and recording sent to a remote location for monitoring and storage. If the recording is tampered with by acts of brigandage or thuggery by vested interests, the result from that polling station should not count. The downside to this is that unscrupulous politicians will deliberately tamper with the camera/recording or set fire to the storage/backup location if they knew they will not do well in a particular polling station. I think the best approach is to make the INEC trully independent, go back to Option A4 and we are on the road to a free and fair election. But in an election regime that is characterised by a winner-takes-all politicking and do-or-die mentality, our selfish politicians are really not genuinely invested in a credible election, because of the fear of losing to the best candidate and party.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
No, the idea of official camera men is not a worthwhile venture as it will likely put the lives of innocent peoples in danger. As an alternative, the camera can be mounted at strategic locations at the polling stations and recording sent to a remote location for monitoring and storage. If the recording is tampered with by acts of brigandage or thuggery by vested interests, the result from that polling station should not count. The downside to this is that unscrupulous politicians will deliberately tamper with the camera/recording or set fire to the storage/backup location if they knew they will not do well in a particular polling station. I think the best approach is to make the INEC trully dependent, go back to Option A4 and we are on the road to a free and fair election. But in an election regime that is characterised by a winner-takes-all politicking and do-or-die mentality, our selfish politicians are really not genuinely invested in a credible election, because of the fear of losing to the best candidate and party.

[b]I warmed up to idea of remote storage too, but it is full of loop holes a few which you have already mentioned and there is also the problem of power in the local polling station. What we have in abudance we use, we have millions of people who are un-employed and encouraging them to play a apart in their own democratic future must be seen as serving their fatherland just like in the armed forces. The other good thing is reward can be stuependious especially of cases that goes to the tribunals and courts.

The Camera men would be paid a certain % of the fees paid by both the respodent and the accuse making him make a fortune. So a politician who is paying his lawyer N1 million disputing an election would take  the Camera man's cut into the equation, so  would be the person declared the winner, 10% on both side for the cameramen would net him a cool N200,000.00 per visit to the court.

What is actually happening is the goverment would be taking from those greedy politicians who are prepared to pay any amount in order to win a case,  and passing to the less previledge of the society by virtue of their intellectual property which would be rellied upon in court.[
/b]
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by violent(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
When you have a kid and a wife at home, or an exciting future to look forward to, i doubt you'd want to be the camera man in the orange suit when the thugs come calling!----I wouldn't want to be one!

As long as people keep getting away with stealing ballot boxes, there's absolutely nothing you can do to mitigate against it!

I also deduced from your post that you assumed that the government will be interested in a free and fair election. . . if this was your assumption, then you are far from being ignorant!

Didn't the President promise state governors a second term ticket? you didn't actually assume he meant to buy those at an Argos store, did you?

Alternatively, if the camera appeared to be the only solution, organizations such as Save Nigeria Group could get their members at each polling booths to put on spy pens such the one in the picture below, however, i still fail to understand how this will STOP militants/thugs from carting away people's vote

Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2011
Didn't the President promise state governors a second term ticket? you didn't actually assume he meant to buy those at an Argos store, did you

[b]I am not holding court for the Presidency here, by promising the Governors a second- term TICKET is more or less guranteeing them PDP tickets. He cannot promise them a win in the General Elections. The General elections is a different cup of tea, even OBJ the chief propenent of "do or die" poltics could not salvage Bauchi and Kano State in the last dispensation.

Where the President has a leverage are constitenecy where there is no clear cut party in charge of the state. WHERE the electorates are divided like in Delta State. Let us see Mr President give Lagos State to PDP
.[/b]
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Abeem(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2011
KnowAll:

[b]I am not holding court for the Presidency here, by promising the Governors a second- term TICKET is more or less guranteeing them PDP tickets. He cannot promise them a win in the General Elections. The General elections is a different cup of tea, even OBJ the chief propenent of "do or die" poltics could not salvage Bauchi and Kano State in the last dispensation.

Where the President has a leverage are constitenecy where there is no clear cut party in charge of the state. WHERE the electorates are divided like in Delta State. Let us see Mr President give Lagos State to PDP
.[/b]
I am skeptic about the genuine intentions of GEJ regarding the forthcoming elections. If his antecedents regarding his party's internal democracies are a precursor or predictor of what to expect in the national elections, I will conclude that he doesn't mean what he preaches. The dawn is the precursor of what the day will bring, so we need to remain cautious and not swallow whatever politicians say hook line and sinker believing them to be the gospel truth. In GEJ, I saw a politician who is desperate to use every arsenal at his disposal to whip the opposition to submission. We have gone through this route before, and this man GEJ is not from the planet Mars or somewhere in the land of the Angels that we can safely conclude that he meant well.

violent:

When you have a kid and a wife at home, or an exciting future to look forward to, i doubt you'd want to be the camera man in the orange suit when the thugs come calling!----I wouldn't want to be one!

As long as people keep getting away with stealing ballot boxes, there's absolutely nothing you can do to mitigate against it!

I also deduced from your post that you assumed that the government will be interested in a free and fair election. . . if this was your assumption, then you are far from being ignorant!

Didn't the President promise state governors a second term ticket? you didn't actually assume he meant to buy those at an Argos store, did you?

Alternatively, if the camera appeared to be the only solution, organizations such as Save Nigeria Group could get their members at each polling booths to put on spy pens such the one in the picture below, however, i still fail to understand how this will STOP militants/thugs from carting away people's vote
The pen camera that can be used surreptitiously to record is a great idea. But, in a crooked society like Nigeria where the urge to get rich quick is ever present, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a few moles disguising as genuine compatriots among the members of the NGO to be used for the project. The problem is the effectiveness of the NGO in monitoring the activities of the multitude of its members, so that no one can sell out to the politicians.
Recorded activity at a polling station will be deployed during tribunal hearing as a credible evidence of thuggery, voters intimidation, ballot snatching, police harrassment of the supporters of one party to the advantage of another and other criminal activities at the polling station. It cannot deter millitants/thugs unless the legislators have enacted a law that makes such acts illegal and punishable by imprisonment if found guilty.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 8:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
I don't think anyone would go all out to attack an official designate camera man, how many officials till date have died in the call of duty, how many police men where killed in the last election or Youth Corpers, or INEC Staff. When u give people some semblance of power and authority no matter how miniscule, YOU can be rest assured the public including the thugs would hold them in high esteem.

I would suggest they have some kind of Uniform that would make them stand-out, see Lagos State's Lastmen how many have died in the call of duty in the last year despite having runnings with thugs on a daily basis
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by SapeleGuy: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2011
Camera and video men alone can't work because the thugs are coming heavily armed. We need a JTF type arrangement. These people are worse than armed robbers.

If all the polling offices were defended the Owevwe style in Ughelli, then we no go get problem. Ballot box thieves were pumped with bullets, one died, another is in hospital and the rest scattered for dear life.

We already have an effective deterrent, sometimes our grammar too dey plenty.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by SapeleGuy: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2011
KnowAll:

I don't think anyone would go all out to attack an official designate camera man, how many officials till date have died in the call of duty, how many police men where killed in the last election or Youth Corpers, or INEC Staff. When u give people some semblance of power and authority no matter how miniscule,  YOU can be rest assured the public including the thugs would hold them in high esteem.

I would suggest they have some kind of Uniform that would make them stand-out, see Lagos State's Lastmen how many have died in the call of duty in the last year despite having runnings with thugs on a daily basis

I like the idea but you are dealing with a different level of thuggery, one that can only be subdued with overwhelming firepower.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Knowall, that is a great idea. Instead of people coming on here to claim the election is not free and fair, I believe your cameramen will help us collect the JAMES BOND STYLE evidence necessary to help prove the case and maybe help get us closer to where we need to be.

More actual EVIDENCE, and less of the neurotic evidence-less ramblings is what we need more of going forward. 

Please step out and choose to invest that your 7.5 million Naira into this venture before the elections. you never know . . this might be your ticket to your 100 million profit this year.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by fstranger6: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Madam Kobo:

Would you allow any of your relatives to be cameraman on election day.?

Why do you like talking from your fat arse like this?
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2011
@
Madam Kobo:

Would you allow any of your relatives to be cameraman on election day.?

Why do you like talking from your fat arse like this?

Look Mr Where are? there are 140 million impoverish Nigerians who would jump at this job despite the risk. I have seen enough Nigerians enter Buka order Eba and no meat because they cannot afford it you sit at home talking nonesense. Oga which planet u dey sef. When they say your people are living on less than a dollar a day do u think it is joke. Is it not the same country where people are prepared to risk everything by travelling to europe on foot through the desert. I beg no make me vex oh.

What we have in Nigeria in abundance are glorified destitutes who are roaming all over the place looking for where they can get their next meal, do u serioulsy think people in such dire economic needs would frown at one way ticket to un-limited money to survive for weeks.  They would take the job without the slightest hesitation wearing the official uniform with a pride never seen b4.

This job ain't risky man this job is what yoruba's would call " omo Ijoba" OR Goverment Pickin. I will definately tell the hundreds of youths and relatives who harangued me anytime I am in Naija to go for such a job.

Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by akwaowoudo(m): 4:31am On Jan 10, 2011
KnowAll:

The election that took place last week dampened my enthusaism in no small way it actually killed any hope I have for the next general elections. By  all indications the election was the same usual sham we are use to,  Jonathan has not added any value to that dying and decaying institution called INEC neither has that Professor from Kano.

They can both go to blazes for all I care. If with 23,000 extra police force enlisted from neigbouring state we can't get it right how are we suppose to get it right when each of those extra froce would be minding their own states in the General elections OR is the FG hoping to recruit 23,000 X 35  = 805,000 POLICE OFFICERS FOR THE elections. To say we have hope is to be over ambitious and delusional if not both. 

We cannot continue to allow such wanton fraud devoid of any decorum of decency to continue unabated, some of the candidates running for offices at times have borrowed and mortgaged themselves to the hilt only for the goverment and the authorities in charge to scupper and destroy not only their hopes and desires but those of the adjoining communities they represents.

What we are pratising at the moment is democrazy  in its true and unbridle sense, I doubt Fela of famed "Democrazy" "Crazy Demo" ever witness this brazen unadultrated snatching of ballot boxes in broad day light in the full view at times of rolling cameras, the detractors of these shameless act,  many at times are so comsumed in their dastardly act to pay much attention to happenings around them,  therby making them look like a rabbit caught by the head-light of a car when the case gets to the tribunal.

The sad thing is both the high and mighty of our society are engaged in this kind of thuggery, one would have expected our over paid Senators and Reps men to be snubbish to this kind of behaiviour but Not in Nigeria, the baggars would rather go to any lenght even murder to get re-elected again and again knowing there are no term restrictions on House Men unlike Governors and the Presidency.

It is after sitting down for a while and reflecting on what went wrong in that election and how can we improve on it. It is then it dawn on me that we can have official Camera men and video men in every polling station in the country. The Cameras and video equipment would belong to individuals(that is these guys would work as freelance)  all the goverment we do is pay them a nominal fee for their time and buy the recorded Pictures and videos at a negotaible  price if the goverment is intrested in a case(obiously the Govt should bear in mind the individual's intellectual rights to the Pictures and Videos) but if the case were to go to court or a tribunal then the Video man and Camera man would be paid a higher and more lucrative  fee for each appearance in court. The whole essence of paying them when there are disputes is to make sure all atrocities are covered by the camera men. I think this might be the way forward.

Certain things that would happen if this in place

1[b]. The official Camera man would act as a deterant therby making trouble makers stay away or behave themselves.

2. We would have a fairer results.

3. It would create employment for thosands of Nigerians who would be engage doing these job albeit a seasonal job.

4. I thought of putting CCTV in every polling station in the country but that is captal intensive and secondly we have no light(power)

5. I think this idea if INEC has any modicum of truth should among other things recommend it to the FG.

6. Innovation is the mother of invention.- The reason why the west and most developed country are advance is they profess solution to a problem. Nigerians should start to think along those lines too.

7. If the case goes to court the camera men would be paid a lucrative negotiable amount for each evidence supplied to the judiciary
[/b]
8. The FG goverment does not compulsory have to buy the pictures or videios if there are no dispute in an area but the owners of the pictures(camera men) would be expected to keep it for a period of 9 months in which after they can destroy it.

BY Goverment buying the Pictures and video I mean the - Courts and Tribunals, it is only when they have possession of such damning evidence can a judge adjudicate without prejudice. So in this context the Goverment means the Courts.

What do you think of this Idea NL,
Guided elections exist herein _guided to suit the ruler, employer because of the desire for wealth.
@ Camera & camera men
It won't work; election goes with thuggery and with that, there's an ill effect on the duo.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2011
Electronic Voting is the way to go. I support the use of cameras too as part of the electronic device. It can be achieved and its as simple as cancelling the results in any booth where the camera is damaged or it films irregularities.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2011
Electronic Voting is the way to go. I support the use of cameras too as part of the electronic device. It can be achieved and its as simple as cancelling the results in any booth where the camera is damaged or it films irregularities.

A country ruled by Godfathers would sabotage any electronic device. But the human element would have to be killed in public whilest the camera's are rolling and to me, that is a daunting prospect.

An express law should be passed, spelling out in clear terms that whoever disturbs a camera crew from doing their jobs would be arrested immediately and if the police or other law enforcement officers in charge of the polling booth or station, cannot apprehend the culprit it means they are a coniving party to the crime, they themselves would be arrested without trial and thrown into jail. With such a law in place the law enforcement officers would take care of
" goverment pickin
".
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by fstranger6: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2011
^^^

You are very naive

We have enough laws to carry out a free and fair election

The system is just corrupt beyond repair. No be human being go be cameramen, is he/she beyond corruption?
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Stevo30: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2011
Government leaders are obviously not interested in having free and fair election. I had thought in the line of having a cameraman with at least two armed policemen in every polling booth, but this can only happen in a situation where leaders are interested in having a clean election. Take ekiti re-run election for instance, election was conducted in few wards and yet it was one of the worst election in Nigeria history.

Nigeria is a difficult country, to prevent malpractice in Nigerian football league matches some years back, they asked all home teams to allow video recording, but the moments you bring out a video camera, the fans of the home team would swoop on you to damage the camera. Up to date is only star matches that are recorded to allow home teams and referees to have their way without any verifiable evidence of wrong doing.

Nigeria will be great one day but not until we do away with most of the present politicians or change their orientation.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by maclatunji: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2011
Knowall never see political thugs-in-action. Once he witnesses it, he will run back to UK and NEVER dare to even post ideas about it on Nairaland. There are many people that have been killed and maimed in our political process.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Ibime(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
You don't need camera men. Remote CCTV is enough.
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by montelik(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2011
maclatunji:

Knowall never see political thugs-in-action. Once he witnesses it, he will run back to UK and NEVER dare to even post ideas about it on Nairaland. There are many people that have been killed and maimed in our political process.

Yes oh. But we have to start somewhere, or do we just accept d status quo?
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by Hatitude: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=14pt]You most certainly need cameras and video evidence if the current spate of electoral malpractices is to be annihilated.

My view is nigerians in all nooks and crannies of the country should be encouraged to gather video and picture evidence then send or text them to a number or via skype, blackberry instant message, twitter etc. Enterpreneurs with a good supply of cash or investors should set up a dedicated line, skype ID, BB pin no etc and let people know that their phones would be credited with probably N100 for pictures sent, N300 for videos or any other appropriate price. Let them know that they should turn on the date function of their phones and relevant inscription that would be of value to truly achieving a free and fair election. I personally would also be happy to run with this idea as I think there's money to be made.

On a more serious note, these politicians want nothing more than to maintain status quo and so are not prepared to give nigerians a free and fair election. We need to strategise if we are to realise this.[/size]
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by maclatunji: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
Hatitude:

[size=14pt]You most certainly need cameras and video evidence if the current spate of electoral malpractices is to be annihilated.

My view is nigerians in all nooks and crannies of the country should be encouraged to gather video and picture evidence then send or text them to a number or via skype, blackberry instant message, twitter etc. Enterpreneurs with a good supply of cash or investors should set up a dedicated line, skype ID, BB pin no etc and let people know that their phones would be credited with probably N100 for pictures sent, N300 for videos or any other appropriate price. Let them know that they should turn on the date function of their phones and relevant inscription that would be of value to truly achieving a free and fair election. I personally would also be happy to run with this idea as I think there's money to be made.

On a more serious note, these politicians want nothing more than to maintain status quo and so are not prepared to give nigerians a free and fair election. We need to strategise if we are to realise this.[/size]

I thank God for your brain, Brilliant idea. These are the things we should be doing here and not all that unnecessary arguing that many people do. (You see, it only took 1 post for me to know this guy is brilliant, some people just post rubbish to sound intelligent when they obviously aren't).
Re: Official Camera Men & Video Men At Every Polling Station Might Be A Way Forward by KnowAll(m): 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
You most certainly need cameras and video evidence if the current spate of electoral malpractices is to be annihilated.

On a more serious note, these politicians want nothing more than to maintain status quo and so are not prepared to give nigerians a free and fair election. We need to strategise if we are to realise this.

I thank God for your brain, Brilliant idea. These are the things we should be doing here and not all that unnecessary arguing that many people do. (You see, it only took 1 post  me to know this guy is brilliant, some people just post rubbish to sound intelligent when they obviou

[size=18pt]To Jonathan Goodluck[/size]

Now that you are the standard bearer for the pdp, let us see some action towards having a free and fair elections. Don't forget this is one of your cardinal goals when you were elevated from the position of VP. I know you just hurridily read a prepared speech made up for you as a spur of the moment thing on the day you were made Acting President, like the Bible says a Vow is a debt, if you are truly a christain as you proferred make sure this is one debt you would quickly pay back,  as u know our lord God doe's not take bribeundecided

(1) (Reply)

Women In Hijab Protest Discrimination / Lasg Hands Over 100 Patrol Vehicles, 50 M.bikes To State Sec Trust Fund (pics) / I Dreamt Gej Will Rig This Elections . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.