Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions (4823 Views)

Get Personal And Business/project Finance And Loans Conveniently / Friendly Loan And Funds Available For Your Project Finance! / Exclusive Project Finance Package For Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by JNdupu: 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hey peeps,  I'm building up my proforma for a viable Real Estate transaction wholly to be financed within Nigeria.

Total cost is about  N275m of which I can contribute N75m.  As a start, will this 27% equity level fly with local banks? Or, what are the more realistic indicative leveraging requirements (Debt/Equity), loan interest rates & tenor available in the market today? 

Better still, can anyone point me to a publication/websites that gazette recent project finance deals in the country?

TIA
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by vigasimple(m): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2007
Hello,

Can you explain in simple term what are u trying to achieve, it appears that the terms u are usings does't seem to make too much sense to advice you or even come on board.

Once you can shed more light then there are may be more interest. cheers
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by JNdupu: 1:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
Ok & apologies.

If you go to the local banks with a project to build a block of apartments costing N275m

1.) What is the minimum % they demand you put into the project as well (I'm not talking collateral because this is being approached as project finance and the liabilities are limited to the project)
2.) What is the typical interest rate and length of payback you can expect?

Finally, is there a place where I can see recent similar transactions successfully concluded?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by uspry1(f): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2007
Check out the detail about microfinance on existing NL posting at below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-52216.0.html

I hope it is sufficient what you look for.
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by kamisco: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
@JNdupu
I just came across your tread now. Are you still searching b'cos I have some hint for you
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by erastus75: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
Hello Sir, I wrote in my thread in nairaland that I am a broker to an American finance company and an Australian equity company though the one in USA can finance projects from $5 million but the Australian is open from $1 million .

This is very serious business, if only we can meet and discuss more, I will never charge you a dime for this but then your documents like c of o,architectural designs, mechanical and electrical designs and government approval and then your executive summary and business plan have to be in place(soft copy).

Call me on 08024627500(Thompson) for a chat
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by mark90: 1:47am On Dec 06, 2010
erastus75

if you sure you tell more about this, i have a hotel project that need funding, let me see how you compay can come or you can send mail to mik_nl@hotmail.com

many thanks
Re: Real Estate Project Finance In Nigeria - Leveraging & Financing Assumptions by Mmama(f): 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
there are ways of getting your projects financed without the huge interest rates from banks. All your need is a good business plan and 5% of amount of money as Bank Guaranty because no investor would want to invest his money 100% without the owner of the project contributing any thing. Further details on how it can be obtained contact: darknluvly_10@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Needed On Starting A Restaurant/bar Business. / Did You Know You Can Make Enough Money From Albino Rat Breeding? / My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.