Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers (687 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by Ladyjogs: 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good evening sir/ma.

I salute Mr. Chairman Sir, Chief Mike Adenuga, GCON for the opportunity he presented us out of the many millions in Nigeria to work in his amiable Organization.
It is with great pain I write this piece and I believe I am speaking the minds of many that daily pass through various arrows shot at them just to satisfy the Company's objective, which is meeting the target and making a greater profit by the end of each month/quarter/year.
In recent times, It's so saddening that the big folks at the top that don't even smell the environs of cell sites are the ones who were called on phone to receive monetary compensation of what the fighters on the field pass through each day.
We have cried in silence for so long and I think the Company needs to have a complete system overhaul to compensate everyone according to his/her contributions towards its advancement. I must appreciate the effort of Mr. Chairman for putting the staff into consideration at this very crucial period in the nation.
Information is wildfire and it's no longer news that every TTH and Power Admin were duly compensated on the behalf of every input that was channeled for the betterment of this course to a tune of #1,000,000 (One Million Naira) and #500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) each respectively. No funds were given to the Backend Engineers, STHs, FSMs, FSEs and even the riggers that make availability, quality and network improvement a done deal. Any result that is attributed to a TTH within a territory is a function of the entirety of the operational team.
I mustn’t forget to emphasize that results are not achieved without the entire cooperation of the various sections within the technical O&M. I am talking about Transmission TAC, DCN, OMCR, NOC, Data team and the Fiber team. Without Transmission TAC, how do we get to know the quality of our various microwave, backbone and fiber links that is constantly been supervised by them via a robust server? Without DCN, how do we get to know the behavior of our routers in terms of regulated temperature, utilization and performance? Without OMCR, how do we get to configure BTS boards, add Node B boards, get BSC reports, 3G packet-loss reports, 4G reports for proper analysis to see where we have loopholes within our jurisdiction? Without NOC, how do we get to monitor site down and confirm they are up? The Data team ensures proper analysis centered on data availability, quality, and feedback from consumers. The Fiber team forms an integral part of the network because most of our major traffic passes through the fiber from node to node. We all work in synergy to ensure the network is up and running for consumer usage. Nobody is more important than others.
I will justify this write up in several ways.
What is the job function of a power admin that is been given monetary compensation?
My answer is a very simple one; As far as this Company is concerned, a power admin oversees the affairs of any power-related issues, escalates to the management when the generator is faulty and liaise with the EMC to see how the situation is managed.
But the truth is pivoted on who escalates power issues to the EMC Contractor to maintain excellent availability? Answer: It's the O&M field personnel that do this on a daily basis.
When a rectifier has problems on a cell site, can the power admin personnel decommission the rectifier and reinstall another? Answer: It's still the O&M field personnel that does this to stabilize both Transmission and BSS equipment from unnecessary fluctuations.
When battery backup issues arise on cell sites, Who resolves such issues?
Answer: It's the O&M field personnel that still does this to ensure proper backup in case of generator failure.
The list of power issue questions is a long one and I could go on and on.
Who does the work on a constant daily basis faced with security challenges, various road life-threatening occurrences, and recently the risk and high tendency of contracting the latest pandemic, COVID-19?
The answer is the Field personnel (Mobile team and Fiber team).
Not to brag, an average O&M Field personnel knows the major basics about power as far as a cell site is concerned and still carries out his normal O&M job functions as a daily routine(i.e Working on transmission links varying from Microwave to DWDM to ADM, troubleshooting of BSS equipment, also work with optimization team to redirect and change antenna heights for better quality, liaise constantly with fiber team for great fiber transmission quality, ensure business enterprise links and Gloworld Links are working optimally, get feedback from customers, too many to mention).
Every Engine requires constant service to keep it going less it breaks down.
This is so heartbreaking because when the time for reward present itself which happens on rare occasions, we are sidelined and more than 90% of us are low-income earners with many years of commitment into this Organization. Please on the behalf of myself and every other colleague; I solicit on this present matter and for future occurrences. This is a big plea sir and ma.
We are aware that the intention of the Company towards everyone is good but the medium to which this generosity is carried out is faulty.
Thank you in anticipation as we all expect a corrective response against this present circumstance.
God bless Globacom Nigeria, its Staff, and God bless Nigeria.

Anonymous Staff

embarassed
Good evening sir/ma.

I salute Mr. Chairman Sir, Chief Mike Adenuga, GCON for the opportunity he presented us out of the many millions in Nigeria to work in his amiable Organization.
It is with great pain I write this piece and I believe I am speaking the minds of many that daily pass through various arrows shot at them just to satisfy the Company's objective, which is meeting the target and making a greater profit by the end of each month/quarter/year.
In recent times, It's so saddening that the big folks at the top that don't even smell the environs of cell sites are the ones who were called on phone to receive monetary compensation of what the fighters on the field pass through each day.
We have cried in silence for so long and I think the Company needs to have a complete system overhaul to compensate everyone according to his/her contributions towards its advancement. I must appreciate the effort of Mr. Chairman for putting the staff into consideration at this very crucial period in the nation.
Information is wildfire and it's no longer news that every TTH and Power Admin were duly compensated on the behalf of every input that was channeled for the betterment of this course to a tune of #1,000,000 (One Million Naira) and #500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) each respectively. No funds were given to the Backend Engineers, STHs, FSMs, FSEs and even the riggers that make availability, quality and network improvement a done deal. Any result that is attributed to a TTH within a territory is a function of the entirety of the operational team.
I mustn’t forget to emphasize that results are not achieved without the entire cooperation of the various sections within the technical O&M. I am talking about Transmission TAC, DCN, OMCR, NOC, Data team and the Fiber team. Without Transmission TAC, how do we get to know the quality of our various microwave, backbone and fiber links that is constantly been supervised by them via a robust server? Without DCN, how do we get to know the behavior of our routers in terms of regulated temperature, utilization and performance? Without OMCR, how do we get to configure BTS boards, add Node B boards, get BSC reports, 3G packet-loss reports, 4G reports for proper analysis to see where we have loopholes within our jurisdiction? Without NOC, how do we get to monitor site down and confirm they are up? The Data team ensures proper analysis centered on data availability, quality, and feedback from consumers. The Fiber team forms an integral part of the network because most of our major traffic passes through the fiber from node to node. We all work in synergy to ensure the network is up and running for consumer usage. Nobody is more important than others.
I will justify this write up in several ways.
What is the job function of a power admin that is been given monetary compensation?
My answer is a very simple one; As far as this Company is concerned, a power admin oversees the affairs of any power-related issues, escalates to the management when the generator is faulty and liaise with the EMC to see how the situation is managed.
But the truth is pivoted on who escalates power issues to the EMC Contractor to maintain excellent availability? Answer: It's the O&M field personnel that do this on a daily basis.
When a rectifier has problems on a cell site, can the power admin personnel decommission the rectifier and reinstall another? Answer: It's still the O&M field personnel that does this to stabilize both Transmission and BSS equipment from unnecessary fluctuations.
When battery backup issues arise on cell sites, Who resolves such issues?
Answer: It's the O&M field personnel that still does this to ensure proper backup in case of generator failure.
The list of power issue questions is a long one and I could go on and on.
Who does the work on a constant daily basis faced with security challenges, various road life-threatening occurrences, and recently the risk and high tendency of contracting the latest pandemic, COVID-19?
The answer is the Field personnel (Mobile team and Fiber team).
Not to brag, an average O&M Field personnel knows the major basics about power as far as a cell site is concerned and still carries out his normal O&M job functions as a daily routine(i.e Working on transmission links varying from Microwave to DWDM to ADM, troubleshooting of BSS equipment, also work with optimization team to redirect and change antenna heights for better quality, liaise constantly with fiber team for great fiber transmission quality, ensure business enterprise links and Gloworld Links are working optimally, get feedback from customers, too many to mention).
Every Engine requires constant service to keep it going less it breaks down.
This is so heartbreaking because when the time for reward present itself which happens on rare occasions, we are sidelined and more than 90% of us are low-income earners with many years of commitment into this Organization. Please on the behalf of myself and every other colleague; I solicit on this present matter and for future occurrences. This is a big plea sir and ma.
We are aware that the intention of the Company towards everyone is good but the medium to which this generosity is carried out is faulty.
Thank you in anticipation as we all expect a corrective response against this present circumstance.
God bless Globacom Nigeria, its Staff, and God bless Nigeria.

Anonymous Staff
Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by Ladyjogs: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
The story of Globacom is veiled in secrecy, which has made life difficult for its labour force, especially the foot soldiers.
I go to the field everyday in even in this lock down like many of my colleageus, yet we are un worthy of cash gifts of 500,000 and 1,000,000 which was lavished on staff who have not even stepped out of their houses since the beginning of the pandemic.
This is the greatest injustice so far in this Adenuga coy
Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
So sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by Covid2000: 12:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Monkey dey work Baboon dey chop.
We are in it together.
Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by Folasho99: 10:48am On May 01, 2020
Hmmm... From what i know Glo takes care of its staff... this will definitely be addressed properly

1 Like

Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by hessbello: 12:59pm On May 01, 2020
You should be grateful that you have a good job, in these perilous times. The appropriate channel for this type of grievance is your company’s Human Capital Division. Good luck and God’s blessings!
Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by toyosilawal12: 12:11pm On May 03, 2020
This will definitely be sorted out, Glo has good relationship with its workers.

1 Like

Re: Globacom And Its Injustice Against Its Foot Soldiers by gistgirl0: 1:03pm On May 03, 2020
Globacom is a cool place. I believe they'll look into it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Fake Job Companies/venues In Nigeria / Urgent Advise Needed Please / Can Any One Link Me On How I Can Get Old Grammer Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.