Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH (298 Views)

Atiku To Consult Obi, Kwankwaso, Tinubu Considers Lalong, El-Rufai, SGF, Others / NIN: Crowd And No Social Distancing At NIMC Office, Ikeja (Video) / Lawmakers Observe Social Distancing At Plenary – PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Powerintoxicate: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Powerintoxicate: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2020
A lawyer, Tope Akinyode, has lodged a criminal complaint before a Federal Capital Territory Magistrates’ Court at Wuse against the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, and seven other state officials who were at the burial of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari.

Kyari died of coronavirus on April 17 and was buried on April 18 at Gudu Cemetery in Abuja.

Akinyode, in his complaint before the court, said those who attended the burial violated Federal Government’s order, “which mandates social distancing, restricts movement and prohibits mass gathering due to the coronavirus pandemic”.

der to include the SGF; the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu; National Security Adviser, Babagana Munguno; Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema; Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika; and Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Ahmad Rufai.

The lawyer also listed as violators Ambassador Lawal Kazure, Musa Dauda, Yusuf Sabiu, Bashir Ahmed, Aliyu Sani, and Hajiya Dadiya Umar-Farouq.

In a nine-paragraph affidavit, which he deposed to, Akinyode said he watched on Channels TV on April 21 as the SGF “acknowledged and publicly apologised for violating the government order stated above”.

He said, “Further to the above, the defendants, having violated the order of government on safety precautions, were barred by presidential officials from entering the Aso Villa in a significant disapproval of their act.”

The complainant said he attached to the suit a flash drive containing pictures and videos of the alleged violation, adding that “this criminal complaint is brought in the interest of justice”.

The court has yet to fix a date to hear the complaint.
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by omowolewa: 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
The lawyer is affected by the lock down, is the burial presidential burial?
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by DigitalBrands01: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2020
And who owns the court?
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Salatavor: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
This is what all Nigerians should be doing.
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by 2by40ft: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Salatavor:
This is what all Nigerians should ve doing.
Assuming all Nigerians have no work and lock down continues
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Salatavor: 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
2by40ft:

Assuming all Nigerians have no work and lock down continues
I don't like you, you talk like someone that enjoys poking his finger into his anvs and smelling it.

I pray the lockdown stops people are coming up with some strange habits
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Racoon(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by 2by40ft: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Salatavor:
I don't like you, you talk like someone that enjoys poking his finger into his anvs and smelling it.

I pray the lockdown stops people are coming up with some strange habits
I did not said that for u to like me but rather make you look stupd for saying the dumb thing.
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Salatavor: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
2by40ft:

I did not said that for u to like me but rather make you look stupd for saying the dumb thing.
coming from someone who cannot spell stupid.
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Jesuisbelle(f): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
They must face the law.
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by 2by40ft: 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Salatavor:
coming from someone who cannot spell stupid.
Stupd
Re: Lawyer Sues Sgf others For Violating Social Distancing At Kyari's burial- PUNCH by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hear their excuse "they can't beat anyone who came to sympathize with the family"

They are quick to make excuses when they are on the other side of the law

If everyone is to make excuses when they are in the wrong then what's the need for the laws in the first place

All those involved should be made to face the law or the judiciary should publicly apologize to Funke Akindele!!!

(1) (Reply)

SEMA Enugu, Distributes Palliatives To Hospitals, Orphanages, Others / Covid19:we Must Exercise And Stay Protected / Top 10 Most Powerful Women In Nigeria ( Past & Present)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.