Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC (27192 Views)

COVID-19: We May Be Counting Bodies In Hundreds In Next 3 Weeks - Boss Mustapha / COVID-19: We Have Madagascar’s Herb Extract In Nigeria — Osagie Ehnaire / COVID-19: We Will Lock Down Again If Cases Rise — NCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Horlamie1997: 7:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please is it too much for them to just show us how the islolation centers filled with patients is��all we kept hearing is it’s full it’s full..Show is let’s see abeg....Foolish country
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by OkpanachiMax: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Isn't he the man that wrote "Nature Power " ?
Yea, he is the author.
Haven't heard of him for a while
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Chudy2017: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
I taught u pple said u were ready for corona virus.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
And we have never seen those beds
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by EzzyCarter: 8:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
FrLukas:

That priest is a genius. I have most of his books and they are like a second Bible for me.

He sure is. Absolute intellectual... his insight is unparalleled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by eaglez(m): 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
eyinjuege:
Not every covid case needs to be admitted.
Young and fit people with no risk factors should stay home, drink plenty of fluids, use ibuprofen and be managed from home.
Call them everyday to see how they are feeling.
Otherwise bed spaces can never be enough
this is the truth they are hiding from people, most of the cases in the isolation centres are just with mild symptoms, people should be educated on how to handle mild cases at home and then y they need to self isolate, the isolation centres should be for emergencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by EzzyCarter: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
OkpanachiMax:

Yea, he is the author.
Haven't heard of him for a while

Same here. He went off the radar for a while.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by 3kay945(m): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
skyfather09:
then start killing patients...

grin grin
This Is funny to me.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
UBA 1000 bed isolation center, YABa and many more, they should convert all general hospital and private to isolation center for now
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

He sure is. Absolute intellectual... his insight is unparalleled

True.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by frozen70(f): 8:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
donbachi:
When a man is not prepared for marriage..all women are prostitutes.

Lol

Pls modify it by saying " he regards all women to be prostitute"
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by 3kay945(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
eyinjuege:
Not every covid case needs to be admitted.
Young and fit people with no risk factors should stay home, drink plenty of fluids, use ibuprofen and be managed from home.
Call them everyday to see how they are feeling.
Otherwise bed spaces can never be enough

I thought it was said that only paracetamol should be used; that ibuprofen and co not advisable.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Kiezodumah(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Mr Chikwe hasn't said anything new. I had mentioned it earlier on a particular thread.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Lawland97: 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Lord is Good
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mkoabiola: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Stil looking for more funds abd donation.

We go de alright las las
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by feed70: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
[
Una de craze so with all the billions una no fit build a more isolation centers bastards

quote author=NwekeUG post=89033695]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-we-are-struggling-with-bed-spaces-in-lagos-says-ncdc/amp[/quote]
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by Misscongenialit: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
This lockdown is giving me cold feet. It reminds me of the Marseille plague of 1720, where more people died after quarantine was lifted to help the economy, more than half of the population died and noone cared about the economy with bodies lying everywhere.

Please we have a responsibility to ourselves and our families, if we observe the rules at every individual level, we can at least save our loved ones from sickness that we will import from outside.

Pls stay safe ,use face masks ,practice social distancing. sad
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by piagetskinner(m): 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
Just under 1000 patients and Lagos is already complaining... Godforbid but what happens when the cases gets to 100,000?

Na die be that
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by deepwater(f): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Isn't he the man that wrote "Nature Power " ?

That guy is good
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
When it comes to keeping Nigeria alive, fulani will choose Igbos. But when it comes to enjoyment, they 79 vs 45% are not the same.

Please I thought fulani government AK47S can safe the zoo.

Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mindtricks: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
When the party is just getting started?
Our readiness is even yet to be put to test?
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by eneyoduke(m): 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
In other word it means testing will be put to an hold in Lagos indefinitely due to bed struggling grin shocked

Las las we will be fine
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mindtricks: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
Misscongenialit:
This lockdown is giving me cold feet. It reminds me of the Marseille plague of 1720, where more people died after quarantine was lifted to help the economy, more than half of the population died and noone cared about the economy with bodies lying everywhere.

Please we have a responsibility to ourselves and our families, if we observe the rules at every individual level, we can at least save our loved ones from sickness that we will import from outside.

Pls stay safe ,use face masks ,practice social distancing. sad

If you know the level of ignorance out there you will know terrified is nothing. Whatever sensitization that may have been done by the authorties only have very little impact. Luck is all we got.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mindtricks: 9:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
UBA 1000 bed isolation center, YABa and many more, they should convert all general hospital and private to isolation center for now

Hmmm. Don't forget many of our hospitals have patients with other equally serious health challenges which they are battling with which resources, facilities and space are not meeting up with demand. I don't know if there has been a time you attended the general hospitals as a patient?
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by ud4u: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
God help us
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by mindtricks: 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Openbusiness:
They have not even reached 1000 cases yet, and they already struggling with bed space, in a state that has over 30 million people inside. What will now happen when cases (God forbid, God forbid) reach 50,000? In a few weeks we will know whether the decision to ease lockdown in Lagos on May 4th is the biggest mistake ever made in Nigeria. Now it's bed space, later it will be equipment, later it will be shortage of medical personnel. But let it not come out from my mouth. When the time comes, they will speak for themselves. Let me shut up.

You are just being realistic.
Re: COVID-19: We Are Struggling With Bed Spaces In Lagos - NCDC by eyinjuege: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
3kay945:

I thought it was said that only paracetamol should be used; that ibuprofen and co not advisable.

Things are changing now.
There's a lot of inflammatory processes going on in the body with covid, and ibuprofen is an anti inflammatory.
It will take a while to fully understand covid19, and till then a lot if its management will keep changing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

252 New COVID-19 Cases, 707 Discharged And 3 Deaths On August 25 - (5216 Tested) / Lagos Confirms 3 More Coronavirus Deaths / Bearded Men Carry ‘More Germs Than Dogs’ ― Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.