Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:15 AM

Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria (79533 Views)

PHOTOS: Bad State Of Secondary Schools In Kano / The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria / 2012 Rating Of Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2011
Yep Loyola Jesuit is definitely worth the hype. Their students eemrge most times as the best in Nigeria, and everyone I know there is very smart.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by eldee(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
I think St. Saviour Arochukwu Girl's College of Immaculate Conception Township Educational Centre at Akumadipioko is the best school out there right now . . . Stillwater went there, she can testify. cheesy
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by tpia6: 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by JahMan1: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Poster,
Forget about schools and which is the best.
We have forgotten that the proper upbringing of a child starts frm home and ends at home.
The school,yes,it can add value.But putting a child in the best of schools and paying huge fees amounts to nothing when the child knows you place more importance on things other than his/her education.
Like u rightly stated,the Fed Govt Colleges and International Schools were highly rated and respected.Infact I found it hard to forgive my dad when after doing brilliantly well in JS external exams(from a community sec sch)he was unable to change my school to univ of nig.sec sch where he was working.
However,by training,after my SSCE I joined my friend in setting up extra-mural classes where I was teaching students of those 'classy' schools and they were amazed at my abilities.
In my 1st year,guys from such schools had an advantage only in our 1st semester,but all man found their levels by second semester.By training also I graduated top of the class.
God will not allow my kids attend public schools,as it is worse off now.However,my wife and I have already told ourselves that we have a major part to play in our children's academic success and God is helping us as they are doing very well.
That is my candid contribution.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Phate07(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2011

What standards are we talking about here? undecided
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
Is it my eyes or something else? 160K per TERM! Eeew, money dey for where he dey ooo
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by jackkyy(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2011
its a pity u guys are talkin about best high schools and nobody mentioned mayflower school,ikenne ogun state.owned by tai solarin, go and do your research on that.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2011
dutse model international secondary school cool

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ighoeve: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2011
You have not even seen. BIS Lekki requests about 2M per annum from each of its students, Greensprings, about 600K, What is 160K per term cheesy
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Evagreenfields: 8:44pm On Jan 10, 2011
Are u guys rating these schoolz in terms of monetary value?i tink the word 'best' is relative and not absolute.some schools pay close to nothing as fees and their products still wow people.i tink best boils down to individuals and upbringing and genes of course.i remember when i was in sec sch, schools like dowen,bis, atlantic hall, green springs (private schoolz) never came close to mine in competitions n hey, there can neva be a true yardstick for rating schools in nig.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ighoeve: 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2011
Although I agree that, on the average, private high school students have a huge edge over students that attended/are attending public  high schools, especially in spoken english language, I do not think one has to go to any of these very costly private high schools for one to be a competitive student, I attended a public primary school, a public high school and a public university(UNILAG), But today, I am studying as a graduate student at one of the best universities in Europe on a full scholarship, I had also studied on  a full scholarship at the best university in Africa(ZA) before going to Europe, I believe only the determination of students yields success, nothing more, I am sure that there are a cornucopia of people with my kind of background who are doing excellently well.

My conclusion, therefore, is that private school or no private school, if a student will be good, he will be good, I can remember how my colleagues then in high school outperformed many of the kids from all these so called private and federal high schools in Bournvita Brain Match Competition, These are guys that only studied in public schools!

1 Like

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
adesoye college, offa

1 Like

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 9:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
Because of facilities, student to teacher ratio, and close supervison of student and teacher performance, the private schools in Nigeria are better than the public ones (GENERALLY). This is evident when one looks at jsce and waec scores. Like some have already said, schools like Thomas Adewunmi college, Adesoye College, and St. Jude's in festac are some of the best. These schools are very expensive so you don't necessarily get the best value for your money.
The most affordable and quality education you can get in Nigeria is from the Unity schools (F.G.C.s). Not all fgcs are created equal; the principals make all the difference, so make sure you find out about the principal in charge. When I got into FGC Ilorin in 1997, this elite school was in a rot. the principal was tooooo nice or too weak and teachers were either not coming to class or were late in coming. so we jss 1 one students basically turned te class into a wrestling ring and usually terrorized the poor girls. But in 1998 we got a new principal (Alhaji Monite). that guy put the fear of God in both teachers and students. the result: standards became high again.

3 Likes

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by bashydemy(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
Gaskiya College Badia
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ighoeve: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
Which secondary school did the governor of Lagos State, his excellency Babatunde Raji Fashola, attend?
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by DisGuy: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
lagcity:

Because of facilities, student to teacher ratio, and close supervison of student and teacher performance, the private schools in Nigeria are better than the public ones (GENERALLY). [size=18pt]This is evident when one looks at jsce and waec scores.[/size] Like some have already said, schools like Thomas Adewunmi college, Adesoye College, and St. Jude's in festac are some of

people keep talking about waec scores of these schools as if its readily available information, any school can claim to High scores in public exams especially when they are not verifiable, just like many politicians in nigeria claim to be student union president back in their school days cheesy PLUS most schools can actually just teach their students to pass waec a bitl ike student studying to pass I.T exams wink
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by stineb1: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
SOME SCHOOLS IN LAG DONT EVEN WRITE WASSCE OR JAMB,BUT CAMBRIDGE GCE AND SAT. SO HOW DO WE RATE THEIR PERFORMANCE?
I ATTENDED POLICE SECONDARY SCHOOL CALABAR,WE WERE TOUGHT AND TRAINED TO COMPETE WITH A GRADUATE FROM THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL IN THE WORLD.NO REGRET!I GOT A GOOD FOUNDATION FROM THERE, WHICH HAS PLACED ME AT THE TOP OF MY CAREER BOTH NATIONALY AND INTERNATIONALY. UP POLICE AMBASSADORS!
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Oloriode: 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
The best school ever: Eleweran Grammar School
Motto:Ise logun isee. grin grin grin grin
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Kunbee: 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
^^haha cheesy
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by HUMANITYY: 12:33am On Jan 11, 2011
please I did like to know if this is true, 25000 students will not be admitted for undergraduate studies in the five eastern state universities in nigeria. please give me more details if you have.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by bighead1(m): 12:57am On Jan 11, 2011

1 Like

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Kcinho(m): 2:19am On Jan 11, 2011
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ACADEMY SULEJA (a.k.a. GIFTED CHILDREN) is a place to be. My alma mater. Creativity and excellence their watchword. Performance in competitions and external exams above average if not excellent. My set had the best result then in waec overall, other sets did too. School conditions good.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by zarrek000(m): 2:33am On Jan 11, 2011
hilli666:

Lumen Christi Secondary School, Uromi Edo State.

YOU ARE ON POINT BROTHER, LUMEN CHRISTI SECONDARY SCHOOL, BEST SCHOOL EVER, NUMBER 1

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Pafuri(m): 4:48am On Jan 11, 2011
Olivet Baptist High School
Olivet Heights
Oyo
Oyo State
Nigeria.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by blank(f): 5:56am On Jan 11, 2011
The International School Ibadan is still d best.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by lanredo(m): 7:22am On Jan 11, 2011
@jonnie na lair na bicos dey get moni for runs layota or jesuit, na Agbe loba onilegogoro sch be the best, Dopemu visit the school you will marvel at the school gate their is bus park, you hear Agege wole, Oyingbo stra, tttt enter with ur shengi e plenty opa eyin, dongoyaro pls ignore these noise you will see students indiferent groups either discussing about arsena or man u, pls try the teacher's office pls don't bother to knock no door many of them have hijacked student desk and chair bicos dem be Oga they use them as office table and chairs. Here serious buy and selling is going on u can even buy things like shirts, shoes but na okirika ooo Move into just any class some students are sitting on bare floor, some on the few 3 legs table, pls try to locate the class room store you will found in there either sleeping, or girls and boys playing in cool mode look well well their is good opening to escape mr bulala wrath.yeah in dis place one love keep dem together to hell with any other schools
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by medjai(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2011
The Bells Secondary School, Ota

Faith Academy, Ota

Iganmode Grammar School
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

people keep talking about waec scores of these schools as if its readily available information, any school can claim to High scores in public exams especially when they are not verifiable, just like many politicians in nigeria claim to be student union president back in their school days cheesy PLUS most schools can actually just teach their students to pass waec a bitl ike student studying to pass I.T exams wink

so why don't they just teach them to pass waec then. are they too lazy?
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ladyju(f): 8:06am On Jan 11, 2011
Just passing
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2011
Agidingbi Grammar School cheesy
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by kodewrita(m): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2011
this thread is a waste of space. There's no central monitoring of schools so any rating is mischievious at best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / Question Of The Day : Does Alum Truly Tighten The Vagina And How Safe Is It? i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.