Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria (79678 Views)

PHOTOS: Bad State Of Secondary Schools In Kano / The Shambolic State Of Secondary Education In Nigeria / 2012 Rating Of Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by johnie: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2011
Thanks to lagcity, dis guy, ighoeve, Evagreenfields, Jah Man, MBG4Real for your insightful posts.

I think most people are missing the import of my post.

The objective is not to get NLanders to post the names of their alma maters.

I realise that there is no single criteria for determining the best school.

Put another way, what I am asking is this?

Which secondary school in Nigeria today would you send your own child to given your present income level and why?

Let's see if some of you would still list your alma maters grin grin
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by denony(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2011
COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, URUALLA
P.O. BOX 419 IDEATO NORTH.

THE BEST OF THE BESTS grin grin

SECOND:
NKWERE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL ORLU
LOGO: GUN AND KNIFE VERY USEFUL

THIRD:
AKPULU SECONDARY SCHOOL, AKPULU
MOTTO: CHICKS ARE CHEAP, NO DULLY
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by blank(f): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2011
Will send my kids 2 The International Secondary School Ibadan. They are still churning out winners. Just pray I av enough money 2 afford it.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by bigmarko(m): 11:18am On Jan 11, 2011
saint prters college keffi is the best school in nija
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by YOMZE(m): 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2011
command day sec schl, odogbo,ibadan. we re the hope of this nation, pillars of their gr8t country,we re surely d best ,d best we 'll surely be.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by shadrach77: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
government college, ibadan grin grin grin
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by maxtop(m): 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2011
1. ISALE EKO GRAMMAR SCHOOL
2. KING ADO HIGH SCHOOL
3. EKO AKETE GRAMMAR SCHOOL.

THESE ARE SCHOOL WHERE YOU WILL WISH YOUR WARDS TO BE AND STILL ONE OF THE BEST IN THAT AXIS !!!
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Evagreenfields: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
big head:

Wetin all of una dey talkfor mouth wey no sweet?

where u have the likes of B.I.S, Green Spring, Bells and many more., beta don't talk of the loyola or whatever.,

but i can guarantee u of the following schools, cos i know pple wey dey attend wella
this is the order which i know, and can vouch for, they are the best, trust me.

EKO AKETE GRAMMAR SCHOOL
ISALE EKO GRAMMAR SCHOOL
HOPE HIGH SCHOOL
EBUTE ELEFUN GRAMMAR SCHOOL
GIRLS SENIOR GRAMMAR SCHOOL (G.S.G.S)
WAHAB FOLAWIYO HIGH SCHOOL
METHODST BOYS HIGH SCHOOL
St GREGORY HIGH SCHOOL
KING'S COLLEGE
HOLY CHILD
and many many more.,
like seriouslytherz no way bells,green springs et al equals loyola.trust me on that,av bin with their likes and theyv got absolutely nothing to offer. . .except connections of course.
As for ekoakete n isale eko grammar school, uv gotta be kiddn me.
johnie:

Thanks to lagcity, dis guy, ighoeve, Evagreenfields, Jah Man, MBG4Real for your insightful posts.

I think most people are missing the import of my post.

The objective is not to get NLanders to post the names of their alma maters.

I realise that there is no single criteria for determining the best school.

Put another way, what I am asking is this?

Which secondary school in Nigeria today would you send your own child to given your present income level and why?

Let's see if some of you would still list your alma maters grin grin
@ poster for me, it will always be my alma mata (queen's college yaba lagos) for my gal child, for the boys, kingz college anyday, anytime
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by tunde121oke: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
10 /10
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by jamebex(m): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
With the so called best school evrywhere, students cant pass waec. every school publish that their school has the best result in waec pls how many best can we have in each WAEC release. For your info 2010 WAEC has just been released, 80% fail despite we have best schools at every corner.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Dizzy10: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2011
My school is the best (ajayi crowther memorial senior grammar school bariga
REASONS:as an art student we dont have literature,govt&history teacher
we are about 120 in our class
nobody has passed w.a.e.c in 3 years
our science students dont have futher maths teachers GUYS BEND MY SCHOOL IS GREAT.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by zarrek000(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
jamebex:

With the so called best school evrywhere, students cant pass waec. every school publish that their school has the best result in waec pls how many best can we have in each WAEC release. For your info 2010 WAEC has just been released, 80% fail despite we have best schools at every corner.

Proof for my Alma Mater:

http://www.nigerianews24.com/articles/waec-lumen-christi-high-school-uromi-dusts-loyola-jesuit-college-kc-to-daily-sun
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by wizzymate(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
Guys go ask of Delta Steel Technical High School. Ovwian/Aladja, Warri. The best
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by johnie: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2011
While I do not subscribe to the "gutter journalism" style of this reporter, I think this is noteworthy:

WAEC: Lumen Christi High School, Uromi dusts Loyola Jesuit College, KC to emerge nation’s best school
By GABRIEL DIKE
Tuesday, January 04, 2011

• Principal of the school, Rev. Fr. Theophilus Itaman and two of his students receiving the best school results trophy from WAEC Registrar, Alhaja. Mulikat Bello
PHOTO: THE SUN PUBLISHING

More Stories on This Section

For the second time in two years, Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi, Edo State has beaten over 11,000 secondary schools nationwide to emerge the best in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).

And for achieving this feat, the secondary school was recently honoured by WAEC at an award ceremony in Kaduna State in which it was presented with the Augustus Bandele Oyediran trophy meant for the school in Nigeria with the best overall results for 2009 WASSCE.

In 2007 WASSCE, Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi for the first time in the 22 years history of the award instituted by WAEC in 1985 beat other secondary schools which include the notable ones to clinch the award for the school with the best results.

The award has put paid to claims and counter claims by some secondary schools that their students recorded 100 per cent in the WASSCE, particularly the private schools which is seen by stakeholders as an attempt or marketing strategy to entice parents to send their wards to such schools.

Again, in the 2009 WASSCE, which the award ceremony in Kaduna State was meant for, the Catholic-owned school stood high above several schools such as Loyola Jesuit College, Wuse, Abuja, Kings College, Lagos, Queens College, Yaba, Suleja Academy, Suleja, and other top expense ones to emerge the best thus carting away the trophy which was won last by Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja.

According to WAEC, the school which was established on October 5, 1986 by the then Archbishop of Benin City, Most Rev. P.E. Ekpu,won the trophy which is given to the school in Nigeria that has the best aggregate, determined by the results of its 50 candidates, provided that the grades for English Language, Mathematics and a science subject are included.

At the award ceremony in Kaduna, dignitaries, Daily Sun learnt, were somehow surprised when Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi’s name was mentioned as they had expected one of the top flight secondary schools to emerge the best going by their facilities and school fees.
Records from WAEC reveal that the current best secondary school started with just 40 students on her temporary site at Ogbidi Learning Center, Uromi, under the pioneer Principal, Late Sir A.I. Eigbe but now operates at her permanent site with a student population of 566 and 98 staff.

According to its mission statement and philosophy, the school is “set to meet the growing and expressed needs of the people for post-primary institution with emphasis on moral value education, to fulfill the Church’s mission as teachers, sanctifiers and leaders, provide the highest possible academic growth for each learner, encourage fair competition but discourage unhealthy competition especially that which puts people down.”
Others are “to extend learning activities to help them (students) in attaining self-discipline, self-motivation, learning and research, develop their investigative powers, basic skills and personal interest outside the classroom/school environment, …demonstrate positive role models, mutual respect, and communalism and develop positive leadership and followership.”

Governor Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna state and the Chairman, Nigeria National Committee (NNC) of WAEC, Alhaji G.Y. Bello both lauded Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi for emerging the best school with the aggregate results of its 50 candidates.
An educationist, Chief Olu Babafemi described the feat achieved by the Uromi school, as one that would lead to some parents asking questions and coming to terms that structure and high fees do not produce good results.

Chief Babafemi, who is the Proprietor of Star International College, Ikeja, told Daily Sun that winning the trophy for the second time means the school and its students would go places and that the award by WAEC to the school has rubbished the noise by some of the elites institutions that the school recorded 100 per cent when the results were released with their students recording Alphas in eight subjects.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/education/2011/jan/04/education-04-1-2011-003.htm
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by johnie: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
2010 Performances:

WAEC rewards student, schools for outstanding performances
By GABRIEL DIKE
Tuesday, Febuary 16, 2010

Uwadiae, WAEC HNO
•Photo: The Sun Publishing

More Stories on This Section

A former student of King’s High School , Satellite Town, Lagos, Master Maduka David Immanuel has emerged the best candidate in the May/June 2008 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) out of 1,369,142 candidates. He was rewarded by WAEC in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State recently.

Master Immanuel, 18, with registration number 4250420043, emerged the overall best candidate in a total score of 718.43. He recorded A1 in eight subjects and A2 in Biology. He is presently an undergraduate at Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State studying Mechanical Engineering.

He received the award at the 47th annual meeting of the Nigeria National Committee of WAEC, which held at Le Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and unlike previous awards that attract the best three candidates in the May/June WASSCE, Master Immanuel was alone as other candidate did not meet the laid down criteria for the honour.

This is the first time since 1984 when the award was initiated by WAEC that only one candidate emerged the winner of National Distinction Award for the May/June 2008 WASSCE as in previous event three candidates out of which one must be the best female candidate.

Immanuel, from Ibadan, Oyo State attended United English Baptist Church Primary School, Barnawa, Kaduna State and his pre-primary school was at God’s Way Nursery and Primary School, Ibadan while his parents are Mr. & Mrs. Madukauwa David and during the ceremony which attracted Registrar to Council, Alhaji Mulikat Bello, Chairman, Nigeria National Committee, Alhaji G.Y. Bello, the director, basic education and secondary education, Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja, WAEC Head of National Office, Dr. Iyi Uwadiae, government officials of Akwa Ibom and the Principal of his school.

In the May/June 2008 WASSCE, the 18-year-old boy with registration no 4250420043 recorded the following grades: Geography 1, English Language 1, Yoruba Language 1 Further Mathematics 1, Mathematics 1, Biology 2, Chemistry 1, Physics 1 and Technical Drawing 1 thus he had a T-score of 718.43.
He had won laurels, awards and prizes such as double promotion from Nursery one to Nursery 3, third best student in JS2 promotion examination, overall best student in King’s High School in 2005 Lagos State JSCE, won prizes in all subjects he offered in JSS2-JS3 and SS1-SS11, won proprietor’s scholarship award for best academic student in JSCE which he sustained throughout his senior secondary school, won the 2008/2009 academic session’s King’s High School proprietor’s university scholarship award for the best graduating student.

He represented Lagos State in the National Physics quiz competition held during the Nigeria Institute of Physics 31st annual conference at Federal University of Technology, Owerri in 2008 and took second position. Others are best student in Lagos State’s Physics quiz competition in 2008, came first in Nigeria Final qualifying examination for 2008 International Physics Olympiad organized by National Mathematics Centre, Abuja, got commendation letter from Lagos State Government for his academic performance and lifting the banner of the state, honored by Lagos State Government during the Independent day celebration and was the Head Boy of King’s High School in 2008/2009 academic session.

His school, King’s High School, a co-educational private secondary school owned by Mr. F.Awomolo and was opened on January 7, 1991 with just seven students but now has a population of over 500 students and 37 qualified teaching staff under the incumbent Principal, Dr. E.K. Owu and based on the performance of Master Immanuel, the school won the Omo N’Oba Erediauwa coronation trophy for producing the best male candidate in the May/June 2008 WASSCE, thus the honour was received by the Principal.

The school has also won the following awards and laurels. They included, Onwunali Augustine Onyekachi (student) who came second in WAEC May/June 2004 WASSCE as the excellence award was presented in Accra, Ghana in March 6, 2006, produced the second winner in Nigeria WASSCE conducted by WACE in May/June 2004, winner of Omo N’Oba Erediauwa coronation trophy for producing the best male candidate in May/June WASSCE in 2004, produced Maduaka Immanuel who represented Lagos in national Physics quiz completion, produced Anedu Chsomo who came first in Chemistry in 2008 Nigeria Mathematics Centre, Abuja and produced the students who won the first prize in a quiz competition organized by Continental Trust Bank for secondary school in Lagos State in 2004.

However, Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, established in October 1996 is a co-educational school won the Augustus Bandele Oyediran trophy for producing the best overall results in the May/June 2008 WASSCE and it would be recalled that the institution experienced its most traumatic moment on December 10, 2005 when it lost 60 students in a plane crash.

The school has consistently produced the best performance in WASSCE in the last four years and had won the Augustus Bandele Oyediran trophy consecutively since 2002 and also the Omo N’Oba Erediauwa coronation trophies for producing the best male and female candidates in the May/June 2007 WASSCE.

In the last award, Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja produced the three students that carted away best candidates honours, Omo N’Oba Erediauwa coronation trophy while Lumen Christi International High School, Uromi, Edo State went home with the Augustus Bandele Oyediran trophy for producing the overall best results in the May/June WASSCE in 2007.

Aside the award to the student, WAEC also used the occasion to honour about 193 staff made of junior and senior workers who were employed in 1988 and 1989 with the 2009 long service awards. While 168 senior staff got honoured, 25 junior ones were also not left out.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/education/2010/feb/16/education-16-02-2010-002.htm
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by jamebex(m): 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2011
zarrek000:

Proof for my Alma Mater:

http://www.nigerianews24.com/articles/waec-lumen-christi-high-school-uromi-dusts-loyola-jesuit-college-kc-to-daily-sun
The proof is irrelevant coz in another publication you will see another schools claiming 100% performance. My argument still stand with number of all these HYPE schools on the rise we cant have 80% failure in waec if they are as good as they make us believe IMO
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by MBG4Real(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
ok. let's be objective here.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Limaoscar: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2011
Bishop Onabanjo High School, New Bodija, Ibandan

Bros, jo ni bo ni IBANDAN wa grin grin?
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Limaoscar: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
Send your boyz to Mary Knoll College Okuku Ogoja in CRS. He'll turn-out an all rounder ready for College life anywhere grin grin.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by tpia6: 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2011
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by bighead1(m): 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
i am proud of ma[b] EKO AKETE GRAMMAR SCHOOL[/b] anywhere, any day, anytime.,
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by methodman(m): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2011
Where are the likes of Mayflower senior school ikenne?

Baptist Boys High school?
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Eyayomosko: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2011
Alway the best HOPEBAY COLLEGE LAGOS
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Eyayomosko: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
Alway the best HOPEBAY COLLEGE LAGOS
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 13, 2011
Awodi-ora senior secondary school, its d best. Ajegunle apapa lagos
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by bosunolu(m): 11:32am On Jan 13, 2011
Greater Tomorrow International college is one of the best. Citadel College ranks one of the best too. Both in Akoko Area of Ondo State. Check dem out,
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Tattooboy: 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
Interesting. I taught the topic was to be discussed, dont know it's for advertising.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by mrnathy(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
[color=#006600][color=#006600]my friends! i know one ooo na OLASOORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Iloko, in ilesa Osun state. if one don't aggree, go there by ur self.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2011
In as much as I believe in quality education I am not a fan of paying so much so that a child can get the "best" secondary education. I believe that there are a lot of secondary schools out there that can provide quality education. I really don't give a shit about all the hype about Loyola and co. But one thing I must say is that even if you send a " slowpoke" to Harvard it wouldn't change a thing. So I will never rate Loyola or any school in its cadre as the best, because after Loyola lies the four walls of the University where the kid will go and wrestle it out with kids from other schools. Then there will be no more special teacher or the best private or public schools. What you would have then is the same reading materials and course content, you have to study and think then. No special teacher doing the trick anymore. I attended a secondary school without a name, but in my days in the university, those of them from the so called private best schools never saw my back. The first five in my class all attended secondary schools without rank or any name. so let's cut the crap on this ranting. It is only going to make the kids feel bad. A child that is a genius will still be one and a slowpoke will definitely be one no matter where he or she is schooled.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Stallion84(m): 1:29am On Jan 14, 2011
i see Loyolans representing in the house!! Best in everyway

1 Like

Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by zicky(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2011
Talk about schools owned by d military i.e Airforce sec sch, Army day sec sch, Navy command,and police command, in discipline they r dsame bt in other areas i think Airforce stands out.
Re: Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria by zicky(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2011
Talk about schools owned by d military i.e Airforce sec sch, Army day sec sch, Navy command,and police command, in discipline they r dsame bt in other areas i think Airforce stands out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC / MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.