Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Tinubu Dares The Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Dares The Federal Government (4501 Views)

Breaking: Radio Biafra Dares The Army Issued 24hrs Warning Deadline / Breaking News: Senator Saraki Dares The Odds, Decamps To Apc, More Stories / Kemi Olunloyo Dares The Nigerian National Assembly Over Gay Law “arrest Me If Yo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by blacksta(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
The former Governor of Lagos State and a chieftain of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Bola Tinubu, has declared that he is not afraid of being arrested by the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Describing the alleged plot to nab him as a “threat” by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Tinubu said that it is disheartening to know that the ruling party is making efforts to “destroy oppositions”, a development which does not promote democracy and its dividends. “Why should I be disturbed?,” he said during an interview with journalists at the Murtala Muhammed Airport (MMA), Lagos, on Sunday. “I have a constitutional and fundamental right for freedom; for the pursuit of my happiness; I am not in any way frightened by the restlessness or threat in the course of my political struggle to chart a new course for the political stability of Nigeria.”

The alarm

The ACN, last Friday, through its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, alleged that the Federal Government was plotting to arrest and prosecute its leader, Bola Tinubu. The party stated that it alerted the public on December 5, 2010 of the moves by the government to silence the former governor as a result of his role in the “hurricane progressive” adopted by the party in conquering most of the states in Nigeria’s South-west.

Mr Tinubu expressed dismay that Nigerians have not experienced any meaningful development for the past twelve years under the leadership of the PDP. “If we are to truly remain a united country, the politics of the last twelve years is not the politics you can describe as a patriotic zeal to rebuild the nation and put the nation first above selfish interest. In Africa, the opposition parties are a threat to be persecuted. I am not new to that; it happened to me during the Abacha regime; it happened several times.

Stop it Tinubu’

Reacting, the former governor of Ekiti State, Olusegun Oni, described claims by Mr Tinubu that the PDP was planning to get him incarcerated because of his role in the installation of ACN governors in the southwest through the judiciary as an assault on the collective intellects of Nigerians.

Mr Oni said it was insulting for anyone to claim that the office of the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice was being put under pressure to “look for any offence, no matter how flimsy, to arrest a character like [Mr] Tinubu, who is noted for drug peddling, operation of foreign accounts while serving as governor and purchase of almost everything in Lagos with his ill-gotten wealth.” The former governor, who also alleged that he was aware of a plot by Mr Tinubu to assassinate him, said; “They held a meeting in Lagos a few days ago where it was agreed that noose should be tightened against Segun Oni for his stance on the mafia being led by Tinubu himself.” “This time around, we are no longer going to keep quiet and allow this mafia the freedom to purchase the soul of Nigeria,” he said.

While urging anti-graft agencies in the country, especially the Code of Conduct Bureau no to allow themselves be intimidated by Mr Tinubu, the former governor said that; “The whole world are watching to see how a man who only used the immunity clause to escape prosecution five years ago has not been made to face the law now that he no longer enjoys immunity.” “Therefore, whether he is leading the opposition party, which he is ostensibly funding with proceeds of corruption, Tinubu and any other person for that matter, must be treated as being above the law,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5662421-146/story.csp
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by blacksta(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
The SSS are after me after i yab GEJ on his FB page  - Please if you dont hear from mw again  - just know that GEJ don send me go kirikri or Alagbon.

Long live Nigeria , Long Live Lootocracy and Kleptocracy.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by blacksta(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
One more thing -

The grip of Evil on Nigeria is so serious that the Official spokes person for Satan Mr Oni who single handed stole the entire mandate of his state can have audacity to label another chief Demon Mr Tinubu as drug pusher and many other evil names.

where are the good people - if they exist?
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Intrepid1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2011
What a bunch of clowns!
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by TippyTop(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

The SSS are after me after i yab GEJ on his FB page  - Please if you dont hear from mw again  - just know that GEJ don send me go kirikri or Alagbon.

If you're stu.pid enough to go "yab" your president like he was some youth or your mate, then you deserve all you get. Have fun spending time at kirikiri. Cheers.

From the TOP I say: PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by blacksta(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

If you're stu.pid enough to go "yab" your president like he was some youth or your mate, then you deserve all you get. Have fun spending time at kirikiri. Cheers.

From the TOP I say: PEACE OUT!!!

Ode

It is called constructive criticism - No be same thing Pastor Bakare dey say.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

One more thing  -

The grip of Evil on Nigeria is so serious that the Official spokes person for Satan Mr Oni who single handed stole the entire mandate of his state can have audacity to label another chief Demon Mr Tinubu as drug pusher and many other evil names.

where are the good people - if they exist?

[/quot

Are you okay at all?You call Oni Spoke person for satan for toeing the part of the action congress of raising unecessary alarm? What makes you think it is only Tinubu and his Action congress that can play such politics of raising Alarm.Pls pass make fresh hair blow person
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

Ode

It is called constructive criticism - No be same thing Pastor Bakare dey say.

Use such constructive criticism on Tinubu and his action congress please
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by apeke1(f): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2011
This is a piece of non sense
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by BigB11(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2011
This is a typical example of what they do: "the thieves point fingers at one another"
Tinubu or Segun Oni or Akala or anybody else is nothing but a common thief.

And the only person that will clean this house without any hesitation and less complications is Buhari.

If you guys don't vote for this man, it means we deserve the way our country has been treated for the past 30 yrs.

Buhari will not discriminate. It wouldn't matter if you're CAN or PDP, if you steal you'll simply pay.

Buhari 2011.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by BigB11(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
Even if you UPN or NPN or CAN or XYZ and you steal, you will pay.

Let's elect a leader that will work for us and our country

Buhari 2011.

FYI: Tinubu is a thief and part of what is wrong with this country today.

And have you noticed that with all the noise made by EFCC many months ago Kalu is still a free man.

Buhari will not hesitate to even jail the EFCC officials if they are caught stealing or not doing their job accordingly.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
Babapupa never see this thread?

Prepare to be nuked once he does!
The guy's so zealous, you'll think he's Tinubu! grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
Please, which one you wan marry?

White winsh abi black winsh? shocked
All no be winsh?

@ All this our ''at all at all na in bad'' mentality
will be our undoing, if we keep it up.

Insist on Transparency in Goverment!

In 9ja, that will be like the Perpetual Motion Machine,
but it nevar hurts to dream,
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by gymer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

The SSS are after me after i yab GEJ on his FB page - Please if you dont hear from mw again - just know that GEJ don send me go kirikri or Alagbon.

You will rotten in any of those centres you mentioned for yabing your president and you are calling it constructive criticism. How often do you yab your father like that in the name of constructive criticism? Ewu!
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by blacksta(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
gymer:

You will rotten in any of those centres you mentioned for yabing your president and you are calling it constructive criticism. How often do you yab your father like that in the name of constructive criticism? Ewu!

Omo ode

Another example proving the case why 76% of students in Nigeria cant pass SSCE or Waec -   

Even his or her moniker proves " this person spends all their time in gaming centres instead of studying the English grammer  grin"
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by tolu001: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ big b1
And the only person that will clean this house without any hesitation and less complications is Buhari.

If you guys don't vote for this man, it means we deserve the way our country has been treated for the past 30 yrs.

Buhari will not discriminate. It wouldn't matter if you're CAN or PDP, if you steal you'll simply pay.

Buhari 2011.

Now u support Buhari, did u just got ur senses back or something after ur criminal mentor (IBB) has been shamelessly thrown out of the race.

We want credible people to support Buhari  not some hungry buffon like you looking for what to eat and jumping around from one candidate to another like a lost monkey in the jungle.

I cant forget in a jiffy those ur desperate campaign for IBB like there is no tomorrow i forgot u have no tomorrow.

Seems the money they gave u then totally overshadowed ur reasoning faculty
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by deltalife(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
All these leaders are so corrupt. If they think Tinubu is worse than any other, Mistake.
The only thing I know is that he is strong enough for any kinda challenge.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Xfactoria: 6:51pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

Abeg! make we hear word!

SSS wan carry you? When you dey write those nonsensical and unconfirmed stories, you no know say day of reckoning dey come??

As for Tinubu, we all know he is everything Segun Oni called him. I pray this is pay back time for him. It still beats me how he has not been linked to the death of that gentleman - FW.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by frag(m): 6:59pm On Jan 10, 2011
We dey watch, lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by vislabraye(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2011
Make we see wetin im go do.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
It seems these Tinubu pepple enjoy too much attention. The man pulled the same stunt back in 2009, and 2007. For pete's sake, why don't people get it now that Tinubu is probably just a serial attention seeker in all this.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by frag(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
thieves wan catch thief, hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by ekubear1: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2011
blacksta:

Mr Oni said it was insulting for anyone to claim that the office of the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice was being put under pressure to “look for any offence, no matter how flimsy, to arrest a character like [Mr] Tinubu, who is noted for drug peddling, operation of foreign accounts while serving as governor and purchase of almost everything in Lagos with his ill-gotten wealth.” The former governor, who also alleged that he was aware of a plot by Mr Tinubu to assassinate him, said; “They held a meeting in Lagos a few days ago where it was agreed that noose should be tightened against Segun Oni for his stance on the mafia being led by Tinubu himself.” “This time around, we are no longer going to keep quiet and allow this mafia the freedom to purchase the soul of Nigeria,” he said.

Lol @ Oni
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by seanet02: 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
I am not suprised by the antics of the poverty development party!! They have times without number proven they have nothing to offer us except this epileptic and inept governance they are offering us. The only thing they know best is looting and frying the country dry. Let them go ahead and arrest TINUBU, i pity goodluck i just hope he does not go the way of Tafawa Balewa when he cooked up lies against AWOLOWO. The end was a graveyard as a PERMANENT BEDROOM. Goodluck beware.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by BigB11(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Tolu001:
it will be foolish to blame or entertain you.

I completely stand by my words.
"Taking advantage of  a smart and powerful king that wants to redeem himself is priceless"
I still believe that IBB would have been a better choice to get things back in order. But now that he has decided to move on, we must also move forward.

We must also keep in mind that it should be all about Nigeria and not about who shares the same village with our parents.

FYI Tolu: I'm better off if PDP wins regardless of who is elected.
So, stop making noise and let us all come together and rescue this great country.
Ode!
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Olaedo1: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
seanet02:

I am not suprised by the antics of the poverty development party!! They have times without number proven they have nothing to offer us except this epileptic and inept governance they are offering us. The only thing they know best is looting and frying the country dry. Let them go ahead and arrest TINUBU, i pity goodluck[b] i just hope he does not go the way of Tafawa Balewa when he cooked up lies against AWOLOWO. The end was a graveyard as a PERMANENT BEDROOM.[/b] Goodluck beware.

And who exactly put Balewa in the graveyard?lol. Awo had nothing to do with that buddy.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by seanet02: 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2011
@olaedo, seems you are a kid? Did you know the remote cause of the first coup in Nigeria? The cooking up of stories against AWOLOWO by the Federal Govermenent so as to weaken the Action Group led to serious crises in the Western Region. The attempt to rig the elections was brutally rejected by the ever Progressive people of the Region. The crises was the Remote cause of the fall of Tafawa Balewa. Quote me anywhere, the attempt by the federal government to rob the Western Region OF GOOD AND PROGRESSIVE LEADERSHIP led to the PERMANENT EXIT OF THE FIRST REPUBLIC. Even dede1 will not dispute this. Did you knew whom the first coupists in Nigeria want to install as the country President have they been successful? Ask some elders around you.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Oloriode: 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2011
Tinubu should be jailed FOREVER- He is soooooooooo corrupt.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by stineb1: 12:11am On Jan 11, 2011
tinubu is guilty.let him shut up!
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by olu77(m): 1:25am On Jan 11, 2011
I wish one of this game developers would just develop a "Nigerian politics video game" so we can also play at home. This corrupt guys are catching a lot of fun playing the masses. sad angry sad
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by birdman(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2011
Every poster that has said Tinubu is corrupt on this thread: SHOW ME PROOF. Now. Thanks in advance.
Re: Tinubu Dares The Federal Government by Bamsyle2(m): 9:54am On Jan 11, 2011
Tinubu is a crook very smart guy . . . when he talks this way, chances are he's speaking the truth.

I see his sudden endorsement of Fashola for a 2nd term in office as Lagos State Governor as another of his smart moves . . . with his fast-rising profile and his 'enemies' preying on him from afar, he needs all the support he can get now.

Oni is a clown . . . choosing a time like this to come out and utter rubbish . . . it's a pity election malpractice is largely not criminalised . . . the midget ought to be cooling his heels behind bars for stealing the mandate of his people.

Nigerian Politics stinks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US-based Nigerian Turns His Rural Community Into City / Gov. Okorocha Escapes Death As Sub-standard Bridge He Built Collapsed Under Him / Porthacourt International Airport (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.