Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations (63276 Views)

Lagos-New York Flight Price Throwback: This Was Nigeria. What Do You Think Now? / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Caleb17: 8:47pm On May 01, 2020
Are you the one that is going to arrest him for airing his opinion?
naijaschoolguru:

You are going to be arrested, be careful.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by ayosamtunde(m): 8:48pm On May 01, 2020
Conductors and Danfo drivers to disinfect their vehicles,should not load more than 60% of bus capacity,should make available hand sanitizers.All these to happen in this lagos of Nigeria or Lagos of another country?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by simigold: 8:48pm On May 01, 2020
Petroleum pump price should be reduced further to aid the directives because I can imagine drivers carrying 6 passengers from mainland to island, the transport fare will skyrocket and will not commensurate with income or salary.

The government doesn't want to offer any palliative in any form at all. They want to eat their cake and have it all the time.

Such a stingy but greedy government.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Angelfrost(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2020
martowskin1:
Directives my foot... It is about to get ugly.

What the western world forecasted about Africa is about to happen

No it won't... You and your dumb Western World should give it a rest!!!

Besides, ease of lock down is not compulsory! Everyone comfortable should stay put indoors and keep isolating till eternity!!! Nor be by force to go out. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Who is fooling who with this directive? How will they enforce this? Common sense is not common in this dead country ruled by demonic illiterates.

Commonsense is dead in Nigeria
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by CodeFire5000(m): 8:52pm On May 01, 2020
Lets just be hopeful
But to be honest the whole no crowding of garages go hard oo grin
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DontCough: 8:52pm On May 01, 2020
lexy2014:

So how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?
My brother, we complain about everything, reason why we make little progress in our private lives. If you personally want to make it happen, you will make it happen.
All over the world, there are new orders been installed. The earlier you conform, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 01, 2020
naijaschoolguru:

You are going to be arrested, be careful.
Are we in a dictatorship? Doesn't the Government have more pressing matter at hand?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by bcbones: 8:53pm On May 01, 2020
Any guidelines for Uber or bolt?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by kingsvictor2: 8:53pm On May 01, 2020
Abaman001:
With all the traffic in Lagos, more headache for commuters in Lagos......

You are the lord that healeth thee, you are the Lord my healer, you sent ur word and heal my disease you are the Lord my healer......

oh lord send ur word and heal our land.
stop waiting
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:54pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Who is fooling who with this directive? How will they enforce this? Common sense is not common in this dead country ruled by demonic illiterates.

Thank God you are among the demonic illiterate.... You are doing well..

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by tot(f): 8:54pm On May 01, 2020
Homiesjinxbank:
You guys should learn to adjust with the new rules, or kuku go contract it.. because all the rules are for our own safety..who no fit adhere to it should just go to kano.

Don't mind them. Every single thing they must complain and find fault with.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by justli: 8:55pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:

Actually this is the best directive I have heard so far. The task force, police and passengers can enforce it.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 01, 2020
The fare will sure be double the original price. Commercial drivers will not find this funny.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Homiesjinxbank: 8:57pm On May 01, 2020
What has that got to do with the issue on ground? It's not compulsory to obey it.

lexy2014:

Have u worked in Lagos b4?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by SammyJac(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2020
This is a tall order for most Lagosians. This is the best time to work from home for some people.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by martowskin1(m): 9:01pm On May 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

No it won't... You and your dumb Western World should give it a rest!!!

Besides, ease of lock down is not compulsory! Everyone comfortable should stay put indoors and keep isolating till eternity!!! Nor be by force to go out. grin

I will quote u back in 4weeks
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by soetantaiwo85: 9:03pm On May 01, 2020
I see more people being infected with the virus on the street in Nigeria. All I pray for is God intervention.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 01, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Thank God you are among the demonic illiterate.... You are doing well..

You must be one of the demonic entities benefitting from this government. Tell them COVID-19 is the great LEVELLER!!
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 01, 2020
pfadom:

Madam common sense, do you exhibit any common sense at all? I doubt the smallest atom of sense in your own dead country.

For your information, Nigeria may have to contend with numerous problems like other advanced and emerging economies, but NIGERIA is not dead. She will be great in my generation.

A deluded human being who is benefitting from this shithole government. smiley
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 01, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, what would you have the state do??! Keep people locked down till eternity??! Leave the economy to die away till it's irredeemable??!

What was the purpose of the lockdown? Did the government do aggressive testing? Did they equip the dying hospitals? Did they build new hospitals? Did they arrange for palliative measures for Nigerian citizens?

A government with no accountability is a dictatorship.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by sweetjohn(m): 9:07pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:
Good one from the Lagos State Government. I hope Lagosians heeds.

Governance isn't about our Leaders alone, Governance is our Civil Duty.
Civilians are a major force in Governance through obedience to Leadership directives.
so until civilians obey the order of staying at home banning them from businesses and then die that's when they are law abiding right... you never talk waitin they worry you... Governance is all about the leaders, that is if the leaders want their citizens to be law abiding they should lead well and give favourable policies anything other than this is trash
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by lexy2014: 9:10pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

My brother, we complain about everything, reason why we make little progress in our private lives. If you personally want to make it happen, you will make it happen.
All over the world, there are new orders been installed. The earlier you conform, the better for you.

I didn't make a complain. I asked a question which u didn't answer: "So how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?"

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DontCough: 9:11pm On May 01, 2020
sweetjohn:
so until civilians obey the order of staying at home banning them from businesses and then die that's when they are law abiding right... you never talk waitin they worry you... Governance is all about the leaders, that is if the leaders want their citizens to be law abiding they should lead well and give favourable policies anything other than this is trash

My man, I won't roll into argument with you but my belief is reality will help change your thoughts.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by lexy2014: 9:13pm On May 01, 2020
Homiesjinxbank:
What has that got to do with the issue on ground? It's not compulsory to obey it.

So are u saying u haven't worked in Lagos b4?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by dandrey: 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
these directive doesn't look feasible
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Americanboy35: 9:19pm On May 01, 2020
Would these guidelines work in a crowded state like lagos? well, Monday is almost upon us.......
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DontCough: 9:19pm On May 01, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't make a complain. I asked a question which u didn't answer: "So how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?"

As for me, I'll leave my home for work by 6am get back before 7pm. Yourself & other Lagosians can answer your question privately.

Many of you are too fanatical to believe a new world order is setting. Your employers will change their mode of operation, a new mode that will fit in the new guidelines. Reason why the new world order will cause many to work from home.
My man, you need to learn new skills so as to fit in.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by JoveD20(m): 9:19pm On May 01, 2020
Though days ahead....
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 01, 2020
ybalogs:
Let's hope we don't go the Ghana way. I really fear for this mild let off.

Which Ghana way? Ghana has never had total lockdown, Ghana only practiced partial lockdown which was lifted. Despite your propaganda on the increase in the number of those tested positive since the partial lockdown was lifted, has Ghana reverted back to partial lockdown? Please, tell us how many people had died in Chad and Niger Republics as a result of covid-19 infection?

People are protecting the billions they are looting under covid - 19 coverage. 20K for 2 million people in private pockets is 40 billion naira. This is just the least of several looting avenues under covid-19 coverage.Niger and Chad don't have such money, the covid-19 mafia have no time for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / Living In Ghana, My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.