Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations (63278 Views)

Lagos-New York Flight Price Throwback: This Was Nigeria. What Do You Think Now? / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by tunddy(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Pr0cter:
Government should just declare the whole of 2020 as public holiday.

I'm tired of this pick 2, another pick 2 again, general market and hold on.

Because from next week what we would be hearing is:

Ooo Por Por Por Por Por!!!
Ooo Juu Juu Juu Juu Juu!!!
E Plenty!!!

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by lexy2014: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

As for me, I'll leave my home for work by 6am get back before 7pm. Yourself & other Lagosians can answer your question privately.

Many of you are too fanatical to believe a new world order is setting. Your employers will change their mode of operation, a new mode that will fit in the new guidelines. Reason why the new world order will cause many to work from home.
My man, you need to learn new skills so as to fit in.

All u saying is irrelevant to d question I asked: "how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?"
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by osazsky(m): 9:24pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Who is fooling who with this directive? How will they enforce this? Common sense is not common in this dead country ruled by demonic illiterates.
u don't comply and be caught during curfew hours by then u will know d meaning of government
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by deebrain(m): 9:25pm On May 01, 2020
We are seriously continuously getting it wrong in this country.

I remember saying it about the lockdown. You can't apply what might work in developed or more planned countries in a developing country like Nigeria!

Government had been very careless years past managing the country. And now, all of a sudden, you are expecting the country to transform into a planned economy? Even ordinary palliatives to keep the citizens at home, ZERO.

Watch the whole thing fail woefully from Monday.

The corona virus thing as far as Nigeria is concerned, is steadily in God's hands. Hopefully, we are not doomed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Kylekent59: 9:28pm On May 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Okada is better than squeezing inside Bus. What is Sanwo Olu's issue with masses? some families depend on okada business for sustainance it's unfortunate

When one Okada man contracts it, then any passenger he carries would definitely be infected.

Have you forgotten newton law?

When the bike is on motion and the okadaman coughs, the wind will push his cough backwards, as a result of forward motion which causes a drag. The passenger will definitely inhale his sneeze, if he/she is on mask, then it would rest on the eye or face.

No one is safe out there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Homiesjinxbank: 9:28pm On May 01, 2020
Are you really asking me?

lexy2014:

So are u saying u haven't worked in Lagos b4?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by tonapuck: 9:29pm On May 01, 2020
lexy2014:

So how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?

Don't mind him, those people living outside Lagos will always find it difficult to understand
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:29pm On May 01, 2020
martowskin1:
Directives my foot... It is about to get ugly.

What the western world forecasted about Africa is about to happen

What do you suggest the government do then?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by letitrainnow(m): 9:29pm On May 01, 2020
OK
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Aystarz: 9:32pm On May 01, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Okada is better than squeezing inside Bus. What is Sanwo Olu's issue with masses? some families depend on okada business for sustainance it's unfortunate

What about families whose livelihood is teaching, barbing or hospitality?
See ehn Okada people are not the only ones sidelined at the moment.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DontCough: 9:32pm On May 01, 2020
lexy2014:

All u saying is irrelevant to d question I asked: "how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?"

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 01, 2020
soetantaiwo85:
I see more people being infected with the virus on the street in Nigeria. All I pray for is God intervention.

You see nothing sir.

Speak positivity always.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by lexy2014: 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
Homiesjinxbank:
Are you really asking me?

Yes am asking u: have u worked in Lagos before?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Jabioro: 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
He had communicated nothing..
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Harunabisanti(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
The commuters must pay in excess
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Perfecttouchade: 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
U banned okada that would av make things easier and faster for us to move within those appointed time 6 to 7..but who are these people making these laws when we all know that Lagos na traffic region o ma ga o
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by lexy2014: 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
[quote author=DontCough post=89080238][/quote]

Even ur pictures are irrelevant.

"how do u want lagosians to leave their homes by 6am and get to work by 8am?"
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Femeto: 9:52pm On May 01, 2020
Bus stop go bloody.

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Honor10: 9:54pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Who is fooling who with this directive? How will they enforce this? Common sense is not common in this dead country ruled by demonic illiterates.

Calm down, they are not the cause of your frustration
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by martowskin1(m): 9:56pm On May 01, 2020
Adanairaland:

What do you suggest the government do then?

They know what to do, the are running from it. This is not the year of profit making or booming economy, this is the year of staying alive, if u can stay alive this year, then u are profitable.

They should focus on making the lock down easy, by providing palliatives for people, this idiots can create wards in almost all street in this country but can't share foods to those wards.

We can't fight the virus by going out, but we can fight the virus and hunger same time if they are ready to support people.

But no, they are about to push everyone outside to face death, and them with their family will be indoors ... They wont step their feet outside during this period.

Funny enough the poor ones who are suppose to protest to get palliatives are protesting to free lockdown.

The cure of hunger is garri, what is the cure of covid 19....
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by luluman: 9:59pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
Were you brought up to use words without caution?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 01, 2020
luluman:
Were you brought up to use words without caution?
The last time I checked, it was a democracy and in democracy everyone is allowed freedom of speech. Now get gone!
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 01, 2020
Honor10:

Calm down, they are not the cause of your frustration

If you have nothing productive to add, then get lost please, thank you kindly.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by luluman: 10:02pm On May 01, 2020
Ebonyeyes:
The last time I checked, it was a democracy and in democracy everyone is allowed freedom of speech. Now get gone!
But when did democracy exclude use of brain?
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 01, 2020
osazsky:
u don't comply and be caught during curfew hours by then u will know d meaning of government

I hope you are first in line for any whippings/rough handlings/shootings that may take place because you are a Political Crony/Relative supporting this government blindly.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 01, 2020
luluman:
But when did democracy exclude use of brain?

Like your brain that has not been used since your birth? Political Crony/Relative blindly supporting this government and their blind policies.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 01, 2020
justli:

Actually this is the best directive I have heard so far. The task force, police and passengers can enforce it.

I hope when hold up catches up with you by 6pm, you are ist in line for the whippings/rough-handlings/shootings by the police. Political CRONY/RELATIVE.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Noisyrians: 10:10pm On May 01, 2020
which Ghana way? don't believe every crap you hear,huh? how about the Kano way? are people not dying on the streets in Kano? you are shouting because Ghana is reporting 1,000 new infections. what about tose who are not testing at all? you should worry about those ones. At least Ghana is testing ... which is a good thing

[s]
ybalogs:
Let's hope we don't go the Ghana way. I really fear for this mild let off.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by drmikeadams(m): 10:10pm On May 01, 2020
sLentlover7778:
I am touching the hair on my head and beard, and am thinking of the Hair Cut Boom barbers will experience, post COVID-19.

The kain money those guys go make after lockdown eh, e go remain small make dem use am buy Benz.. grin grin grin
grin grin grin the barber for my area dey open every day since coro start
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DEADALIVE: 10:13pm On May 01, 2020
Good regulation but failing in aspect of strigent compliance and consequences to those who violates the rules and regulations for the purpose of greed...example is there should be no increase in transport fare at what soever time during the working hour and any person found wanting should be reported by taking photo of him and his vehicle details...that is a civil way of organising people or else there will be panic if the price in the transport sector is not regulated.
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Angelfrost(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2020
martowskin1:

I will quote u back in 4weeks

Been hearing the 4 weeks threat since February... grin
Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by gosmoney(m): 10:15pm On May 01, 2020
He didn't talk of d price of carrying passangers nw dis will be an advantage for d drivers to increase transport fee dan been told one person will be times two of normal price. Who is fooling who here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / Living In Ghana, My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.