Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,965 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! (6356 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard / 2015 Presidential Election And Political Tsunami In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by scopusng(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
I dey laugh. E'ya Naija politicians.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by sylve11: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2011
i nor fit talk naija politics sad cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by sley4life(m): 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2011
How come Governors are winning while senators are loosing
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by naso2(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2011
84 pdp senators? NA LIE BE DIS ONE.

How many senators are from PDP, are they more than 95? I know the opposition has atleast 14 of the 109 senators. so they are saying only about 11 of them will return?
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Ibomade1: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
PDP!!! I am beginning to feel that all is not well within that party
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Donmeca(m): 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Onlytruth; ur interest in Ekweremmadu concerns me. . . nna i bu onye ebee? Are u so sure of that. . .given that GEJ may help him out as he helped Mark and Bankole?
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by myforumid3: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2011
gud for dem, hp d nu ones go bettet? else no need rejoicing
PDP is 9ja's prob. Vote them out in april to secure a gud future for u and ur children.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by safariSA: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2011
Buhari is the answer, people. I am a Nigerian, presently on secondment to Cameroon on official assignment. I think boredom in this country that looks so much like Nigeria - from the poverty point of view - has led me into deep thinking on the aspirants for the forthcoming presidential elections. from here i scanned the candidates and it didn't take me long to zero-in on the man with the best of records - integrity, honesty, cherished years of public service and a dogged fighter who will not rest until this country get her values right. General Mohammadu Buhari, @ 69, is still more honest than my best friend or you the reader because: he was minister of petroleum & head of NNPC when we built our largest refineries, he was governor of North-Eastern States, he was Military Ruler of this country, and he was PTF Chairman during the Abacha years, yet he remain an average Nigerian with modest retirement income, cows and four houses (the records are there). Here is a man who jailed the corrupt politicians of the 2nd republic, get people disciplined for unruly behaviour, refused to accept IMF's offer of loan which finally crippled this country, fought drug lords to near-death, made mistakes with good intentions to clamp on the press - the press is also guilty of corruption anyway. in infrastructure, no other living Nigerian leader can lay claim to his project management skills in delivering the refineries in the late 70's, and building, rehabilitating health centres, schools and constructing roads in PTF. And the amazing part is the refineries were built in three years, and PTF also existed for 4 years, yet so much was achieved! It was the period of PTF I knew Nigeria's money could work. with little percentage of our oil revenue, i saw my village's untarred road in deep black, shinning tar! I saw hospitals with enough drugs, beds, clothings, i always saw as i am seeing in Lagos. He had his flaws, but merely studying this man including different articles and criticisms of his personality and style of governance, i conclude that this man is not a muslim fanatic, not a corrupt man, but an uncompromising human being who stands for what he believes in. this is what is lacking with Jonathan, Atiku and all the other gladiators. We have been brainwashed with the 'vices' of Buhari. what makes buhari a religious fanatic? what makes him more of a coup plotter than jerry rawlings who overthrew governments twice but left cleaning up the mess in Ghana? is it Jonathan or atiku or PDP as whole that is as honest at this man? Let me state Jonathan's corrupt tendencies since coming to power - he offered Tunde Bakare 50000 dollars in aso rock, his wife's women for change innitiatives is a massive billion-naira war chest being used for political campaign, he bargained with mark and bankole to buy Nigeria's official residence in exchange for Lawmakers' bloc vote in PDP primaries, he has given all PDP governors (corrupt or not corrupt) automatic 2nd term ticket, he failed to arrest Uduaghan who was mentioned in Ibori's case file that has been used to jail his wife & aides, ensured he won the delta rerun, he has not found anyone corrupt since the case of ibori, billions of dollars was shared on December 31, 2010, 14 days to date it was to be shared, but early enough for PDP primaries! all these shows that he can tolerate corruption as long as it does not affect his ambition for power. Jonathan has had more scandal in less than a year than perform to our expectation! atiku is another case of corruption one does not need to overflog. all the allegations i hear people raise against buhari has been addressed by Buhari himself, unlike Babangida that has refused to say what happened to June 12. ours is to research very well on this man and form our opinion. Buhari has the best credential of all because he meets the basic requirement of what Nigeria really needs. someone who will be uncompromising in the fight against corruption. Nigeria can never develop or her people be straight in their dealings if corruption is not wiped out and corrupt people jailed. we need to wake up and realize that Jonathan is popular because of incumbency factor, as was abacha, babangida, obasanjo, yaradua. if we want to know who is popular for who he is not what he is, watch buhari walk the streets of the north and see the massive crowd of poor people that follow him. the poor masses of the north, including my maigaurd who has never seen buhari, inspires me that those who have integrity but do not have money can be voted into power. And you know why I support Buhari instead of Ribadu, they are both alike, but Ribadu will end up being a younger Buhari who in 1983 was a little too exuberant in driving out corruption. But the old and wise Buhari, like the Old wine, is now sweeter but bitter to corruption. Nigerians need to see beyond the gentle mien of goodluck jonathan and see a man who has shown he is desperate to hold on to power. Jonathan denouncing the same zoning arrangement that made him vice president was simply dishonest. admitting it and then asking for concession should have been the honest way, and if the party refuses then he could have still pushed ahead like he is doing now, but all Nigerians would have understood that it is his party that is stubborn. The rest of the country must emulate the talakawas of the North, who call Buhari 'THE MAN OF TRUTH', not the man of wealth because he practices what he preaches - he doesn't jump queue in Filling stations! Nigerians, we need to think deep and take that leap of faith to vote for this man, do not think that the vote will not count, do not believe the people who have tagged him a muslim fanatic - Nigeria is to complex for a sharia state. we must stand up for a basic requirement for this office of the president - INCORRUPTIBILTY AT ALL COSTS! This is what can take Nigeria far. No matter the idea, no matter big our plans are, if there are leakages in our treasury, nothing can work. I know in our minds we think of the 66 suit cases, the 2.8 billion naira missing in NNPC, the Fela inprisonment, the Nduka Irabor inprisonment. But I admire one thing, Buhari defends his actions! I will not go into this. search for his interviews and make your judgement . Idiagbon was the face of that regime and people say he did the job, but we forget that power does not tolerate a vice outshining his master. Idiagbon performed because Buhari saw him capable and allowed him to be the face of the government. In summary, go north and south, east or west, this man does not deny his deeds, good or bad, and that is integrity! He is my last card for Nigeria, and I will play it with my thumb in April. I dont want a younger generation of mine because we are not tested, and the few - Rufai, Fanikayode, soludo, fayose, oni, saminu turaki, bankole, etteh - have all shown that they can not be trusted. and do not think that a Tayo Aderinokun, and the shinning lights in private sector can do better in government, because it takes the highest level of TESTED INTEGRITY to function in Nigeria's corridors of power which is filled with temptations that can make you sin and get away with it!
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by stineb1: 12:22am On Jan 12, 2011
I pray GEJ wins on PDP platform before it degenerate.Because at the moment, he can not defer to another party.Im sure we will either restructure the party or Decamp to a better party which i am yet to see.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2011
Donmeca:

@Onlytruth; your interest in Ekweremmadu concerns me. . . nna i bu onye ebee? Are u so sure of that. . .given that GEJ may help him out as he helped Mark and Bankole?

Abum onye Igbo iwe n'ewe.  cool

Otu ndi oshi a n'aza PDP na acho igbu mmadu na naijiria.
Ekweremadu so na ndi n'ezu oshi ebe ahu. Odighi aru olu obuna.  undecided undecided angry angry

Ekweremadu is just a yes member. I cannot give him credit for anything.
Imagine someone like Akunyili as deputy senate president. Do you think David Mark can pocket her?

In any case, after this election, there will be re-zoning of offices, and I don't want a lame duck as the highest ranking Igbo in government. QED.  cool cool cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by ndukwejoe(m): 2:25am On Jan 12, 2011
somebody was happy that these guys aint returning, whoever returns will still eat and clean mouth.
most senators who did not returned are not loyal to their sitting governor. can you beat that.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Becomrichn: 4:23am On Jan 12, 2011
what it means is that nigerian are listen to what I am saying about the satellite pictures. and they went to get rid of the senators.
It tell you, many also believe in the danger the satellite pictures post to thier lifes .  Like I said this is what the 2011 election is about , the satellite pictures and the lifes of all nigeria to look for ways to avoid a civil war.

Thank you nigerian for showing me your support.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Beaf: 4:30am On Jan 12, 2011
PDP is being cleaned up. When it is completed, other parties will have no choice but to follow suit or perish.
GEJ is da man. cool
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Yourguide(m): 6:45am On Jan 12, 2011
the problem with Nigerian politics is that even when an old one goes, another old and recyclable fellow is used to replace him. when are the youths going to take over?
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Remii(m): 6:46am On Jan 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

Abum onye Igbo iwe n'ewe.  cool

Otu ndi oshi a n'aza PDP na acho igbu mmadu na naijiria.
Ekweremadu so na ndi n'ezu oshi ebe ahu. Odighi aru olu obuna.  undecided undecided angry angry

Ekweremadu is just a yes member. I cannot give him credit for anything.
Imagine someone like Akunyili as deputy senate president. Do you think David Mark can pocket her?

In any case, after this election, there will be re-zoning of offices, and I don't want a lame duck as the highest ranking Igbo in government. QED.  cool cool cool

FYI,
Ekweremadu made it, he clinched the return ticket.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Remii(m): 6:51am On Jan 12, 2011
Yourguide:

the problem with Nigerian politics is that even when an old one goes, another old and recyclable fellow is used to replace him. when are the youths going to take over?

the bigger problem is that the few youths that get there don't act differently from the oldies, they seem to take instructions from the old ones.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Onlytruth(m): 7:05am On Jan 12, 2011
Remii:

FYI,
Ekweremadu made it, he clinched the return ticket.

Then may he lose the elections proper. Nonsense. angry
If not for PDP rigging his type won't be in the senate. We need a qualified Igbo to be the topmost Igbo in government.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by mystikal(m): 7:40am On Jan 12, 2011
So what changed?
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by ODUANKPA: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2011
ndukwejoe:

somebody was happy that these guys aint returning, whoever returns will still eat and clean mouth.
most senators who did not returned are not loyal to their sitting governor. can you beat that.

yes, o, am happy that they are not coming back.
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Fillette: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2011
Hmmmm, so dramatic.

At least, the masses can breath wink
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by eewule(m): 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2011
How many senators are there in total (in naija) ?
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by blacksta(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
eewule:

How many senators are there in total (in naija) ?

Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Political Tsunami As 84 PDP Senators Lose Primaries! by egift(m): 9:42am On Apr 14, 2011
More coming this Saturday 16th

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must Read: Shameless Youwin Beneficiary Now Insults Jonathan Online (pics) / Rivers Re-run: Inec To Receive Sensitive Materials Today / Delayed Budgets Hinder Completion Of Projects -president Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.